Search Here First For Answers page 35

909 posts

Flag Post

Does anyone know if I can still beat Animus after Qualna? Karnos was REALLY easy and I keep being defeated by Animus when he’s at 5k HP, so I’d like to kill Qualna first…

Flag Post

Two reasons why you can’t kill Qualna first:
1)You can’t access Lifewood to get to him.You are restricted to the path to Aeropolis.
2)You only have Elewyn and Mardek in your party. It sounds like you aren’t trying to solo Animus, so this would make it even harder for you.

By the way, in response to your comment on the game, DarthKitty proves that you can solo Animus rather easily at level 38 with Mardek.

What strategy are you using, and what team?

Flag Post

I think I messed up but I’m still not sure. I think I missed one of the priest from the sidequest with the warp stones in the Sun Temple. There is one priest missing in the room with the priests rescued (I think is the choleric one) but I already replaced the warding stone (which means no more random encounters in the Sun Temple, which also means there’s no danger anymore, but the Sidequest Priest keeps telling me there’s one priest in danger of being mauled by critters). I looked on the wiki to see where the priests are supposed to be (I have already completed the Dark Temple and got the miasmal chalice, too, and have access to the rest of the map) but now I can’t find the missing priest anywhere in the temple.

What troubles me is that I’m missing the first Dreamstone (thus some of the extra stuff at the end of the game), so I was wondering if it is really confirmed that once the Warding stone is placed, all the priest I missed disappear from the temple? I really don’t know what to do since this I played this save since chapter 1 and I really don’t want to start over again just because I didn’t see a priest. Which is kind of weird since I’m a compulsive chest opener, so I tend to explore every area completely before moving on.

Yeah, that, thanks.

Flag Post

The choleric priest is on the second floor of the sun temple, at the top right area of the map that you can reach, without passing the moonstone gate, or using any doors.

Flag Post

Welp, there it was! Thanks a lot!

Flag Post

Question: Is it possible, just hard to get Miasmal Chalices AFTER you beat the boss? I heard that somewhere…

Flag Post

If by boss, you mean a temple’s guardian, then there shouldn’t be any extra difficulty. Its still just a case of hunting down the monsters.

Flag Post

A question:With the Potion Spray can you use elemental bottles to damage all the enemy?

Flag Post

An easy way to beat Annihilator:Karnos:

Equip Cursed Beret,Cursed sword and Solakian Platemail.

Bring 1 Angry Juice and speed juice.

Make sure at the start of the battle Karnos doesn’t switch element.

Make sure Mardek absorbs dark and have 100%+ resistance to light.

Use speed potion and then use Angry Juice.

Hope Karnos got cursed during the battle so he doesn’t use Delay Buster.

Make sure Mardek has enough HP/Def to survive the normal attack though

Flag Post

I have another strategy to beat Animus.And this time the result is much better than the old one.

Req:Gloria with Whirpool,Mardek with any elemental sword or Champion Sword II,Legion with Rage Chord,Acid and Fairy dust and any other character that can equip Astral Wanderer’s garb,Rainbow disk and Turqoise(Candiathrope for better result but if you want to survive Ion Storm or Soulstorm.ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR SOULSTORM OMEGA!) for Legion.Degeneration 10%(Optional)and Quarry:Spirit(Important if you want to double the damage)

1.Equip all the character with Astral Wanderer Garb and Legion with the above accessory.Equip RESIST AETHER on all the character and Rainbow Aura:Level 1 on Legion
2.Lower Animus Spirit to 0(Fairly hard because all the Elemental Vortex.Heal anyone that is injured)
3.Mardek main’s role is attacking.However,he should heal since its not the time to attack yet.
4.Legion must berserk Mardek.
5.Lower Animus defense with Acid.Burn can also help
6.By the time Animus use Soulstorm Omega,its defense should be at 0.Just DON’T GIVE ANYONE HASTE OR ANY SHIELD!This is very very important.Animus will use Delay Buster(Air elemental damage,removes haste while dealing big damage)and Shield Break:Annihilation(Deals very huge Thauma Damage.Your party won’t pretty much survive this)
7.Hey look,Animus use Mega Barrier.But what’s this?He raises his SPR and DEF?!Now its time to use Whirpool/Fairy dust and Burn/Acid again.

Flag Post

Oh yeah,and what should I do with my Pixie Dust?I have 151 of them.Should I sell them away?

Flag Post
Originally posted by myskybluecap:

Oh yeah,and what should I do with my Pixie Dust?I have 151 of them.Should I sell them away?

Store them in the case where you can’t obtain them anymore in chapter 4.

Flag Post

Btw Sky, You can get Gloria to cast Null Air Once to counter Delay Buster.

Flag Post

Hello,

Do Soak reductions apply before, or after the percentage reductions? Does this hold true for both physical and magical reactions?

And in a scenario with Elwyen, Solaar, and another spell caster, would the spell caster deal more damage if Solaar cast Spirit Graft on him/her directly, or on Elwyen whilst she plays her Spirit Song? Assuming that Spirit Graft increased SPR the same amount in both cases, of course.

Thanks in advance.

Flag Post

Quick question. Is there a place where I can lvl up my low lvl charachters so they can beat their solo tournaments?

Flag Post
Originally posted by BTDGamer:

Hello,

Do Soak reductions apply before, or after the percentage reductions? Does this hold true for both physical and magical reactions?

And in a scenario with Elwyen, Solaar, and another spell caster, would the spell caster deal more damage if Solaar cast Spirit Graft on him/her directly, or on Elwyen whilst she plays her Spirit Song? Assuming that Spirit Graft increased SPR the same amount in both cases, of course.

Thanks in advance.

Soak actually subtract damage done to you(Example:Magic Damage Soak 10 subtracts 10 whole points from magic attack)

The Spell caster deals higher damage either with Spirit song or Spirit Graft or both given at the same time.Spirit Song DOES NOT increase Spirit Graft SPR given.

Originally posted by disaster57:

Quick question. Is there a place where I can lvl up my low lvl charachters so they can beat their solo tournaments?

Pixie spring.

Flag Post

I don’t think you’re actually answering BTDGamer’s questions.

I believe soak applies after percentage reduction, but I have not checked personally, so I’m not completely confident on that.

Spirit Song buffs magical damage by 2% per SPR, and spells deals damage based upon (some base damage) * SPR * level. So, the break even point would be when the spell caster has 50 SPR. After that, each point of SPR buffs his spell’s damage by less than 2%, but before that it would be more.

In short, buff the spell caster until he has 50 SPR, then buff Elwyen for maximum profit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thunice:

I don’t think you’re actually answering BTDGamer’s questions.

I believe soak applies after percentage reduction, but I have not checked personally, so I’m not completely confident on that.

Spirit Song buffs magical damage by 2% per SPR, and spells deals damage based upon (some base damage) * SPR * level. So, the break even point would be when the spell caster has 50 SPR. After that, each point of SPR buffs his spell’s damage by less than 2%, but before that it would be more.

In short, buff the spell caster until he has 50 SPR, then buff Elwyen for maximum profit.

Thank you, good sir!

Flag Post

What levels sould my teammates be, to beat their solo arenas? (I want to beat all the charcters’ solo arenas.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by tung10:

What levels sould my teammates be, to beat their solo arenas? (I want to beat all the charcters’ solo arenas.)

Doesn’t really matter; you should be able to beat most solo tournaments with little or no XP grinding.

Flag Post

I just finished Mardek’s (lvl. 37) arena and Ssele’ck’s (lvl. 34) arena. Gloria’s (lvl. 31) and Legion’s (lvl. 30) arenas. I have been training new people to do it, and I just tried their arenas and failed. They are Elwyen (lvl. 18), Sharla (lvl. 22) and Zach (lvl. 20). Are those levels to small? I give everyone who goes in a haste fairy and a regen one. Is that not enough?

Flag Post

WOOT! I beat Elwyen’s solo arena! This is my stragety and stats:

Lvl. 19
HP: 533 MP: 177
STR: 8 VIT: 13
SPR: 27 AGL: 19
ATK: 26 DEF: 5
MGDEF: 7
Your stats will be chose to mine, once you equip the items I tell you to, and if you are lvl. 19. IMPORTANT: Make sure you have 27 SPR or more.

Equips:
Weapon: Wave Harp
2nd Slot: Anything
Helm: Bronze Circlet
Armor: Azure Stole +4
Accessory 1: Haste Fairy
Accessory 2: Earth Pendant

Skills:
Physical Attack: Soulstrike
Physical Defence: DMG -10%, Water -50%
Magical Attack: Nothing
Magical Defense: M Earth -50%
Passive: SPR +2

Spells Needed: Dolorous Dirge, Requiem, Ballad of Life

Round 1: 1 Lupaazr. Use Dolorous Dirge, and Heal(Ballad of Life) when your life is low.
Round 2: 1 Blood Lizard. Use the same stragety. But, you can use basic attack instead of Dirge.
Round 3: 1 Magmazard. Use the same stragety.
Round 4: 1 Temperance. Use the same stragety.
Round 5: 1 Charred Bones. One Requiem sould kill it.
Round 6: 1Earth Elemental Use the same stragety as in Round 1.
Round 7: 1 Blood Zombie, 1 Ghast, and 1 Groul. First, use Heal. 2: Use Requiem. 3: Use Mugwortjuice. 4: Use Requiem. 5: Use Mugwortjuice. 6: Use Requiem.
Round 8: 1 Skelizard. Beware of curses. His melee attack will be deadly. Use heal in the beginning if you need it. Use Requiem. Try to kill him fast.
Round 9: 1 Witchdocter. Use the same stragety as in Round 1. Once he summons spirits, use Dirge. With enough SPR, this should one-shot them.
Round 10: 2 Earth Elements. If your stats are near mine, make sure you time it right when defending, or you will die!

Flag Post

This is my stragety for beating Mardek’s solo arena. I don’t remember which enemies where in each one, but I know they are all dark type.

Lvl. 39
HP: 1790 MP: 268
STR: 24 VIT: 17
SPR: 18 AGL: 10
ATK: 50 DEF: 21
MGDEF: 13

Equips:
Weapon: Champion Sword ll
Shield: Glyph Shield
Helm: Golden M Helm
Armour: Steel Stole
Accessory 1: Yellow Fairy
Accessory 2: Green Fairy

Skills:
Physical Attack: DMG +10%, DMG +20%, DMG +30%, Critical + 20%, Soulstrike, Quarry: UNDEAD, Drain HP 10%
Physical Defence: DMG -10%, DMG -20%, DMG -30%, DMG Soak 20, DMG Soak 30, Evasion 20%
Magical Attack: M DMG +20%
Magical Defence: M DMG -10%, M DMG -20%, M Fire -50%, M Dark -50%, Spell Resist: 30%
Passive: HP +10%, HP +20%, Rainbow Aura Lv. 1

Spells Needed: Nothing, though you might need heal.

These stats should make you almost immune to everthing, plus you regen, you drain HP, you have a heal ability, and you are strong against these enemies.

Flag Post

How am I going to beat the Fallan Paladians on Vehrn’s arena? There are so many emenies weakness to dark, and all of a sudden, someone absorbs it! How sould I kill him and what weapon should I use?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Burnyoureyes:

Two reasons why you can’t kill Qualna first:
1)You can’t access Lifewood to get to him.You are restricted to the path to Aeropolis.
2)You only have Elewyn and Mardek in your party. It sounds like you aren’t trying to solo Animus, so this would make it even harder for you.

By the way, in response to your comment on the game, DarthKitty proves that you can solo Animus rather easily at level 38 with Mardek.

What strategy are you using, and what team?

Where? On Youtube? My Mardek’s level 39 and about to reach 40.