4. Solaar
5. Zach
6. Sslen’ck
7. Legion
8. Sharla
9. Verhn
10. Meraeador
11. Donovan

I guess it’s more of who I would use first than technical usefulness. I mean, really, I don’t need anyone except Mardek. :o

Flag Post

1.Legion
i never used he/she/it much but if acutely dedicate time to him getting skills he/she/it will be amazing
2.Elwyen
very useful skills but can be kill with high damage techniques. for the physical attacks has a good dodge chance(50% add bandits leather + 20%= 70% physical attack dodge
3.Gloria
nulls,healing,cleanse, nature all 4 nature element attacks(what more could you ask for)
4.Mereador
he seem useful by the inventions i made so far but is currently at level 11 for me so he needs work … a lot of work
5.Verhn
good agents zombie and dark. but also with smite make basic attack stronger which is why is some what useful vs non dark creatures
6. Sslen’ck
great damage, endrence, some magic but has no magic low defence which is a major flaw
7. Solaar
best healing,Astral Form, resurrection but with low health he need resurrection more not to mention the skills use lot of mp(not a good choice in long battles)
8. Zach
i just don’t use him but i have beat his solo area eventually so i will train his skill but who know he may have potential
9. Sharla
she can heal but still the same basic problem as Donovan in the end
10. Donovan
very limited skills, no healing ability

mardeks usefulness
can heal, nature 4 element slashes, remove evil/taint, m/p shields, morality block
along with many mastered skill and higher level then ever else(at least for me
good amount of defense and damage if properly equipped
in essence he would be #1 if he was optional.

Flag Post

i meant 1 one the first one not 2

Flag Post

It’s actually very difficult for me to pick and choose individual characters, it’s about 75% of your party setup, and 25% of your enemy’s. Give or take your strategem and skill set, I mean.

I also see that alot of people don’t seem to understand some of the characters, ranking gems like Elwyen and Vehrn pretty low (even if I don’t like his attitude…)

For the number of situations I’ve come across though, I would hafta say…

1. Elwyen; all the time, everytime, even if Balance isn’t handy in every fight. (Like ones that spam AoEs every round) you can still mitigate the damage on your lower health people using the defense or magic defense songs, Boots of Celerity, go first no matter what, and win half the battle right there. Also good for clearing undead and low health/high evasion/phys immunity trash like souls and pixies.

2. Verhn; Some people are like ‘well he’s good against undead/dark, but there’s hardly any undead/dark in this game!’ well I say to you, if he’s not pulling four digits on everyone, especially when you get Smite X with your Smite plus, then you, my friend, are doing it so so wrong. Act like he’s a caster, and bump up his spirit. Alot. All 3 spirit skills, Righteous Honor, Soulstone, and his arena band would be optimal late game, with that he should be doing over 3k damage on normal attacks on EVERYONE. Well, I mean, ’cept like golems and other things with physical resistance.

3. Solaar; Yes, Solaar is easier to kick around than your dog, yes, Galaxy is harder to get than almost anything else in the game. No, Solaar is not a worthless character. Even if you don’t like the damage output (Which can still be heavily augmented) and limited armor choices, Astral Form and Spirit Graft are undoubtedly some potent skills to juice up big casters like Gloria, and annoy the hell out of Golems and similar face smashers, also fills in the light magic damage hole in Gloria’s repritore.

4. Gloria; You might think me insane for putting her AFTER Solaar and Vehrn, but they’re all pretty situational anyway, in her case, she has a very broad and large base of damage spells of natural elements, and yes, they’re amazing to rip apart enemy stats. But I find her damage output to be slightly less than fantastic, which is important in certain fights, and I’m sure will be even more important next chapter. That, and she has a tendency to need Ethers often, a bad combo when you really need her to cast the all important Null spell.

5. Zach; Build up his kill count, murder more people for more kill count. Win:win, right? Pack throwing potions for the phys immune enemies though.

6. Sharla; The better version of Donovan, she gets her bigger sister Thunder Bolt much sooner, a defense buff, and a heal spell. Unfortunately there’s no Air Temple this chapter, so the stun removal is limited at best, unlike Donovan, who’s useful in Fire Temple for the Null version of the same.

7. Legion; Okay, he’s pretty viable… given you get his whole 3 weapons and armors, but not being able to use other armors limits his growth potential in this chapter, and you’ve got a ton of abilities to find, which is a mixed bag. He’d be higher on my list if he could use some other robot parts in his shield slot, like barriers or repair functions or something that would fit there to give him some variable defenses like other characters.

8. Sslen’ck; Another character I wasn’t super impressed with. Yes, he has defense lowering, which is handy on some boss kills, but overall I found him very incomplete feeling this chapter, when he fills in a better niche like double barrier breaking or magic break he’ll be a far better character, until then…

9. Donovan; ‘What? 9? Not 10? You really must be kidding me now.’ You might be right, but he was rather handy in the Fire Temple for remove numb and null fire to free up Gloria for water spells.

10. Meraeador; There are alot of characters that can replace what he can do, ‘cept the Potion Spray, which I only found to be useful with Mirrilixir on a couple of boss fights, the important ones can either shatter barriers, or dispel them. Also, sleep and poison are great for random trash encounters, but you’re pushing your luck trying them on a boss, unless they summon enemies, if there were more fights that could draw out more potential, then I could see him being a pretty top teir character, until then, he’s just there for that niche fight and helping Legion learn his skills.

Flag Post

Mardek is my number one anyway, no matter if Im stuck with it or not

Flag Post

As a general idea of people’s thoughts.

Tier One (Pretty Much Useful the Entire Game):

Elwyen
Gloria

Tier Two (Useful in most fights. Would be Tier one if not for Flaws.):

Legion (The work required to get the abilities up to spec drops Legion down a Tier. Otherwise always has something to do in a fight.)
Verhn (Has trouble with Physical Resistant enemies and Light)
Solaar (Is Generally Squishy. Burns Mana. Requires a lot of work to be good, but once there, is strong.)

Tier Three (Okay. You really have to work at these to make them good.):
Sslen’ck
Zach
Mereador

Tier Four (Unused):
Sharla: Better than Donovan due to the Earth Temple.
Donovan: Rendered Obsolete the moment you have Legion or Gloria

Flag Post

Well my favourite setup is Mardek, Gloria, Elwyen and Legion.
I equip Mardek with the boots of celerity so he can flee and attack at the first turn since he can use shield and m. shield., of course he can’t escape from rogue fairies and pixies as well as bosses.
1.Gloria can use element spells as well as null spells, very useful.
2.Elwyen can use her amazing song to heal and support the team. Her song can kill others as well.
3.Legion: I equip Legion with titian plate so s/he is a tank. S/he’s wide range of spell can deal with almost every battles.
4.Sslen’ck can be good if you can get his ability to get 50% more damage to some kind of monster.
5.Mereador + Legion= Can’t be defeat unless Mereador dies first.
6.Solaar: His astral form can help her to attack. He can also boost others SP. Good healer.
7.Verhn and Zach: They can be good if the situatiosn are right for them.
8.Sharla and Donovan: I wish I have never meet them…

Flag Post

There’s too many instances to quote. Am I the only one who uses Sharla? I mean, she NUKES everything. I went through most of the game not even being hit, save bosses. Tell me there’s somone else out there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Smorphilicator:

There’s too many instances to quote. Am I the only one who uses Sharla? I mean, she NUKES everything. I went through most of the game not even being hit, save bosses. Tell me there’s somone else out there.

I dunno about everyone else, but I find Sharla (and Donovan) too situational to be a regular party member. She gets points for being able use better supporting skills than Donovan and for her elemental superiority in the Earth Temple and Lifewood in general. Other than that, I generally have Legion or Sslen’ck in her position as they have a bit more variety or massive offensive power (respectively).

Flag Post

Solaar is one of my favorite characters since xe can use “Spirit Graft” to restore MP, and empower spells. Solaar also gets “Solar Flare” which does amazing light damage, the best healing spell in the game, and a spell that revives characters, meaning I don’t have to use as many Phoenix Downs/Phoenix Pinions. Xe can be a bit tricky in the beginning, but the best vitality stole isn’t that hard to get.

Gloria utterly nukes most foes with elemental magic, and those that she can’t kill outright, she can lower their stats, making them easier targets. She (for some unknown reason) has a good amount of HP, a large stock of MP (which makes sense), and, of course, I can always use Solaar to give her more if necessary.

Legion is awesome, the only problems being that he doesn’t have much MP (Which is fixable with Solaar), is a bit slow, and some of his abilities are a bit difficult to learn.

Elwyen is pretty good, with her healing, protecting/buffing, and damaging songs. She’s even better when empowered by Solaar.

I haven’t really used any of the others that much, although I’ll have to later on.

Flag Post

1 : Gloria (4 element spell and protect + heal), Ssleck(powerfull and fire spell), Legion (all element spell + “powerfull”) : I use only this character for all battle.

4 : Elwyen and Zach : I used elwyen for quickly learn magique defence and XP from pixie and zach because i used it before obtain legion

all other for me are useless
Meraerdor : Only have 2 attaque and heal/cure/boost legion don’t very helpfull
Solars : mardek already have light attaque, ressurect and astral form useless you have phenxdown and null once spell
Verhn : Only strong against undead… Mardek have light attaque and gloria/sslenck fire spell
Donovan/Sharla : Only 1 element spell, gloria is better

Flag Post

I can’t rank them, but I can tell who is in my party and why.
- Mardek: Of course he’s in it, but he’s much more useful than in Chapter II, with Air Slash (that scimitar in Aeropolis), Regen (Moonstone) and automatic health drain (bloodsword).
- Solaar: Ultimate healer, can poison with Viper Claws (from Lifeforest) and can resurrect and deal formidable damage with Solar Flare.
- Gloria: Higher health than that of Mardek despite being 4 levels less. Versatile caster with mass healing and possibly mass attacking effects, and reduces Agility which is certainly a point.
- Sharla: Stronger than most people think. Although one-elemented, Thunderbolt (from Magic Poker) deals immense damage, while Healing Wind (from Topaz) can heal more than the Earth Heal of Gloria, and has Gust Shield to increase defence.

Others: I don’t have Legion yet and I haven’t hired Zach. Vehrn is useful against undead, but nothing else, Meraerdor is practically useless for me, so is Elwyen who attacks weakly and has only the Spirit Song only to cast on herself. Donovan can’t learn new spells even with the Magic Poker, so he’s inferior to Sharla.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frostguard:

- Mardek: Of course he’s in it, but he’s much more useful than in Chapter II, with Air Slash (that scimitar in Aeropolis), Regen (Moonstone) and automatic health drain (bloodsword).
- Solaar: Ultimate healer, can poison with Viper Claws (from Lifeforest) and can resurrect and deal formidable damage with Solar Flare.
- Gloria: Higher health than that of Mardek despite being 4 levels less. Versatile caster with mass healing and possibly mass attacking effects, and reduces Agility which is certainly a point.
- Sharla: Stronger than most people think. Although one-elemented, Thunderbolt (from Magic Poker) deals immense damage, while Healing Wind (from Topaz) can heal more than the Earth Heal of Gloria, and has Gust Shield to increase defence.

Others: I don’t have Legion yet and I haven’t hired Zach. Vehrn is useful against undead, but nothing else, Meraerdor is practically useless for me, so is Elwyen who attacks weakly and has only the Spirit Song only to cast on herself. Donovan can’t learn new spells even with the Magic Poker, so he’s inferior to Sharla.

Elwyen’s songs cast on herself, but buff the entire party. Also, if you look around for them, you can get the best skills in the game for her. I have her hitting over 400 damage to every enemy with her Dirge song, healing over 600 health to every ally, and opening up MANY instakills with ballad of balance. Seriously, before you down rate her, use her other skills.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frostguard:

Elwyen is useless at the beginning but when she masters more songs she is very helpful
for examples look at this page
http://www.goznor.com/skills.php?c=2

and also she does not cast ability’s on herself she use the skill and it affects the whole team

Vehrn is useful agents more then undead/dark. give him a higher SPR + smite X it add SPR damge to his normal attack making it much stronger

Flag Post

Hmm… battling the Fire Guardian and Bartholio-Vennie-Aalia-Bernard made some kind of ranking. In my current party, of course.
1. Gloria – I used haste on her, only so could I defeat the four “heroes”. She can heal efficiently and attack in all four elements now, and reduces stats of enemies which is extremly helpful.
2. Solaar – Casting Spirit Graft on Gloria continously, that was what he did. I noticed that it stacks, and in the end, she could deal over 3000 damage with the Whirlpool. If needed, Solaar can heal everyone, turning a half-dead party to an alive and kicking one.
3. Mardek – Ultimate buffer, regen, shield, heal can really bolster up the abilities of the party. His elemental slash attacks (I have only fira and air so far) make him a much more formidable warrior.
4. Sharla – Although in the Fire temple she wasn’t as strong as usually (Fire creatures seem to have a resistance against Air), but still, she could heal (that was she doing in more difficult fights), protect allies with Gust Shield. I could use her Thunderbolt ability against those four “Heroes” to cause immense damage (especially against Bartholio).

Flag Post
Finally I beat the game, including the impossible badge, and I can share my own characters rank. Obviously this rank considers all characters skills.

1. Elwyen. The best support character.
Pros:
- Her music boost allies'stats without MP wasting;
- Dolorous Dirge is really useful against low hp agile or resistant to damage monsters;
- Ballad of Life is a nice group Regen;
- Runic Rhapsody is a must have against superbosses;
- Ballad of Balance is the coolest spell in the game. It can split damage between allies and between monsters, useful to kill mixed monsters fast, to protect weaker characters from high damage and to get exp easily.
- If you watch closely, you can see her left nipple.
Cons:
- Her attack is useless;
- Low hp;
- Reduces the party to 3 active characters fighting.

2. Gloria. The most complete magician.
Pros:
- She can attack using all 4 nature elements;
- Her magic attacks decrease enemies'stats;
- She can heal;
- She can remove negative effects to a single character or the group;
- She can protect allies from all nature elements attacks;
- Good HP for a magician.
Cons:
- Her magic attacks are not so powerful;
- Compared to all the spells she has, she has low MP.

3. Sslen'ck. For me, the best melee fighter.
Pros:
- His axe attacks are powerful;
- High HP;
- He can wear Heavy armor;
- Perforate does high damage and reduces enemies defense;
- Fire stream is a powerful fire group attack;
- With Fire Breath and Earth Slash he can face enemies with high resistance to physical damage.
Cons:
- Can't use shields;
- Low Mp for elemental attacks;
- Vulnerable to magic;
- Slow.

4. Legion. A strange robot, but very versatile. Use it as soon as he's built by Meraeador, don't wait.
Pros:
- High Physical def;
- Can learn 27 different spells: mostly dark spells, but also nature elements and aether;
- When you get around 1 million gold, Money attack is powerful;
- Many spells give negative effect to enemies, like poison, silence, numb, berserk and blood;
- Some of its spells lower enemies'stats.
- Can learn deadly bosses attacks;
- He's the only character that can deal Thauma or Fig damage with gemsplosion;
- With Meraeador in your party, Legion gets higher stats with "repair";
- It doesn't need to master spells.
Cons:
- Low magic def;
- Creating armor and weapons may be frustrating for the components required;
- Learning skills is frustrating if you haven't used him during the game. Some of them could be impossibile to get if you already killed temple bosses, bone demon or Karnos with a different party.
- Many spells deal low damage. Some are useless.
- Low MP for all the spells it has. Some of them are more expensive than efficient.

5. Sharla. An underestimated magician. Either good at supporting and attacking.
Pros:
- Very agile;
- Thunderbolt is a powerful air spell, better than Gloria's magic in term of damage.
- Healing Wind is a great healing spell;
- Her magic attacks may stun enemies.
Cons:
- Most of her spells may be ignored;
- Specialized in air spells, not as versatile as Gloria.

6. Vehrn. A Paladin surprise. Similar to Mardek.
Pros:
- Smite X and Smite + raise damage a lot;
- Very good against undeads and dark demons;
- Can heal single fighters;
- Can use Heavy armor and Shields;
- Has nice Earth attacks.
Cons:
- Low Hp for a fighter;
- Not a great fighter against enemies different than undead and dark ones;
- Sometimes, Vehrn acts like a second Mardek. You may want a fighter with different abilities in your party.
- Skills long to master.

7. Solaar. The best healer in the game, but with weaknesses.
Pros:
- Can resurrect allies;
- Solar and Galaxy Flare are powerful spells;
- With Astral Form he becomes invulnerable to physical attacks, resistant to elemental damage, absorbs aether;
- With Viper claws he can poison enemies.
- Good agility;
Cons:
- Cannot wear armor or use shields;
- Low resistance to Physical Attacks;
- Low Hp;
- Spells a bit "expensive" on MP.

8. Meraeador. The inventor is too "particular" to be a support fighter better than Elwyen.
Pros:
- He can provide barrier and magic barrier to all party with Mirrors;
- Flamethrower is a nice group attack, similar to Sslenck's fire stream;
- He can extend potion's effect to all party with Potion Spray;
- He can Poison and sleep enemies;
- He can repair Legion, boosting its stats.
- He doesn't need to master spells.
Cons:
- Skills are limited to the inventions equipped. You could only use 2 of them in battle;
- As with Legion, building inventions may be frustrating for the components. Some of them could be impossible to build, like Silver Mirror, because you can't find anymore the monster giving them.

9. Zach. An overestimated warrior with some good abilities, but not as good as Sslenck or Vehrn.
Pros:
- More Agile than Sslenck,Vehrn and Mardek;
- Good Evasion rate of Physical Attacks;
- Immoral Injustice does great damage against Dark and light enemies;
- Crescendo Slash is a great attack in long fights, Mp free.
Cons:
- His attacks are mainly physical. This makes Zach useless against dream or aether monsters;
- Cannot use heavy armor;
- Sinstrike may be a great dark attack if Zach kills more than 800 monsters. Reaching that number of victims is too boring. Consider that Sharla, my best killer with Thunderbolt, reached 1579 using (powerful) group attacks in 60 hours of playing.

10. Donovan. That's sad, since I used it until Miasmal Citadel, but he's the most replaceable. He's a fighter/magician, a bad hybrid.
Pros:
- Blaze is a strong fire attack, better than Gloria's magic in term of damage;
- His fighting ability with spear makes him a good "poisoner" with Stingstick. Useful with bosses;
- Null fire Once is useful during fire temple.
Cons:
- Specialized in Fire magic;
- Legion and Gloria are better choices, if you look for an attacker or a supporter.

Flag Post

I know mardek is compuslory but i’d still like to know how people consider him in relation to the other characters.

Flag Post

1.Elwyen – Great buffs and Damage over time skills.
2.Legion – Best Mage in my opinion, boss skills combined with status causing and high damaging physical attacks makes him a great character.
3.Meraeador – Nice tools with great effects.
4.Mardek – Elemental slashes and since he’s a mandatory character his level is pretty high. Rohoph’s skills can be easily duplicated by Meraeador though.
5.Solaar – He’s got a great buff and support skills.
6.Gloria – Null spells and generic spells.
7.Zach – His damage is insane if the fight drags out too long.
8.Sharla – Her only attack spells deal high damage, and she has the highest MP in the game.
9.Sslen’ck – Great damage, and high HP. I never used him though.
10.Verhn – Never used him so I’m placing him here. Elwyen’s Requiem kills undead monsters faster for me.
11.Donovan – There are better characters for everything he’s good at. He’ll probably not stick around for Chapter 4 anyways.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

Excluding Mardek, because you’re stuck with him, regardless of his effectiveness.

My order would be something like:

1. Gloria
2. Legion
3. Elwyen
4. Solaar
5. Sslen’ck
6. Verhn
7. Zach
8. Meraeador
9. Sharla
10. Donovan

Pretty much that, except I would switch Verhn and Meraeador.

Flag Post

1 mardek strong atk all 4 nature elemants
2 gloria nul all 4 nature elemants and decrease enemies stats
3 elwyen best support boost all stats but one at a time
4 vehrn powerful light magic & light resistant is hardly ever hi in enemies & bosses
5 legion EVERY ELEMANT to some level to do fig he needs candriathope
dont care to list the rest not very good out side of sslen’ck (he would take 7)

Flag Post
Originally posted by lync:

4 vehrn powerful light magic & light resistant is hardly ever hi in enemies & bosses

I have a problem with that, Vehrn is just awful, there aren’t enough undead to make him useful and he comes after the dark temple so yeah.

Solaar is a much better character to put in the 4th spot.

Flag Post

but i just said vehrn is NOT JUST FOR THE UNDEADALL ENEMIES OR MOST HAVE LESS LIGHT ARMOR SO HIS SMITE EVIL IS GOOD FOR KILL MOST ENEMEIS

man try reading sometime

Flag Post

Well, my main party is pretty much always Mardek, Gloria, Legion/Sharla, and Zach/Elwyen.

Mardek is of course mandatory, and given the choice I’d probably swap him in order to have both Zach and Elwyen in my active party, but meh. He can heal, throw shields, and do decent melee, and he does wind up 2 to 4 levels higher than anyone else just cause he can’t be switched out – this does mean he can give decent XP to support casters when I’m farming skills for Legion (casting a spell on a character gives XP based on their level, and Mardek is always high level, so he always gives >100xp per cast).

Gloria is my go-to person for mass heals and elemental damage, and her null spells are lifesavers at times. She has the option of dealing decent earth physical damage as well, which comes in handy now and then. Giving her MP +10% and +20% offsets her naturally low amount of MP somewhat; I don’t usually find her running out of mana with those equipped.

Legion has a wide array of useful skills and can pack a decent physical punch as well. Not to mention having massive party-wide elemental spells, and being able to deal Thauma/Fig damage via Gemsplosion. I do find him running out of mana often though, and sometimes I miss not having good dark/light spells available without using Gemsplosion. Overall though, he’s my heavy magical hitter.

Sharla can pack a hefty punch with Thunderbolt, and Legion’s mass-Air attack is less powerful than his Fire/Water/Earth ones, so if I’m facing enemies weak to Air I tend to swap her in. Also she provides another source of healing, and Gust/Aero Shield means she always has something to do (as long as she has mana). Her biggest weakness is her low HP. I don’t use her all the time, but I do use her often.

Zach may just hold a special place in my heart due to pure damage potential via Crescendo Slash and Sinstrike. Also because he DOESN’T USE MP!!!!!! (Except for his dark/light based attack.) He tends to be my item guy, for the times when physical damage just isn’t useful. He can be killed easily, though, and that can be problematic.

Elwyen is, of course, incredibly useful, and she and Zach each spend about equal amounts of time in my active party. Some might look at me funny for having them swapping out, since they’re incredibly different in every way possible, but I do find that where Zach isn’t very useful, Elwyen is, and vice versa (though Elwyen is never useless, sometimes her uses are much more limited).

As to the others, I’m aware that Sslen’ck can do a lot of damage as well as having some versatility that Zach misses (magic attacks and more HP), but for whatever reason I’ve just never used him much. He is good at what he does, but IMO whenever he’d be useful, Zach would be more useful, so… yeah.

Verhn is another heavy hitter (as some have said, he can absolutely slaughter undead, but by boosting his SPR he can also dish out a lot of damage against everyone else). He’s the only character other than Mardek who can use shields, and that gives him a lot more skills than the others. He can do physical or magical damage, or heal and do some status-curing. However, he tends to eat mana, and I’m not sure his HP are really up to the task of being a tank. Where Zach makes up for his low HP by having high AGL and high Evade skills, Verhn… doesn’t. Even in his specialty, Elwyen gives him a run for his money, so I don’t use him a ton.

Solaar is a great idea, but he has too many drawbacks to get any time off the bench with me. He uses too much mana for my play style, he can’t wear armor OR robes and misses out on a TON of skills that way, and his HP positively reek. His benefits simply can’t overcome those for me, numerous as they may be.

Donovan is, as has been said, generally inferior to both Sharla and Gloria, but if you’re facing someone weak to fire he can come in handy, and someone who can cure Numbness to the whole party at once is situationally useful as well. Generally though, I just let Gloria and Mardek do the status healing (if I don’t use items), and Legion does well enough with his fire attacks that Donovan doesn’t see much action either.

And then there was Meraeador… Beyond experimentation, I have never used him in a battle. He’s still level 10. That could make things difficult in his solo arena, but I’m willing to bring him along while monster fang/draining-staff hunting if I need to. While each pof his inventions are useful in their own right, being limited to two of them at a time means he just can’t compete with the others for a spot in my active party. The best thing he can do is throw a Mass Shield, and that is only really necessary once in the battle. The rest of the time, he won’t be able to do much for me (except possibly boost Legion, but I have better ways to spend my turns). If we had a way to tag-team our characters in and out (like FFX, for example), then I would absolutely use him in most of my battles (pop in to Shield. possibly Poison or Sleep the enemies, and the duck out), but he definitely isn’t worth a permanent spot to me.

So overall my list would be something like:
1. Gloria
2. Legion
3. Zach
4. Elwyen
5. Mardek
6. Sharla
7. Sslen’ck
8. Vehrn
9. Donovan
10. Solaar
11. Meraeador

Flag Post

If I include Mardek, then my list would be:
1.Mardek (Amazing attacker, good health, can shield, regen, heal, and remove every status effect, and can inflict bleed.)
2.Gloria (Nulls all four natural elements, great heals, can cast most enemies weaknesses, and reduce stats in the process, also heals every status effect.)
3.Elwyen (Dolorus Dirge is simply amazing, with survivor on she can resist death and then heal with her life song. amazing versus the superbosses if you take a few turns to buff up her spirit.)
4.Legion (Extremely high health, only one that can attack with the fig element, making him a must against Animus, can also use Blood Claw to great effect, and can use every element and deal huge damage.)
5.Sslen’ck (Amazing damage, good health, and with blood drain from a bloodstone, can easily heal damage done to him. With soulstrike and the Drackal Crescent, he can do both Earth and Fire damage, depending on whether you hit the reaction bar.)
6.Solaar (Great heals, effective damage, nice skills, unfortunately most enemies can OHKO him.)
7.Zach (Good damage, helpful in long fights with Crescendo Slash, high agility, good at avoiding attacks.)
8.Vehrn (Good against most enemies, great against undeads, and decent health and heals.)
9.Sharla (Honestly, I didn’t use her much, I prefer not to rely on one-element mages, but at least she’s better than Donovan.)
10.Meraeador (Gets some nice inventions, but doesn’t do too well against monsters. The exception is when he’s in a party with Legion, and can use Repair every turn. Other than that, he’s not too good.
11.Donovan (He’s squishy. Very squishy. And he has a sissy beard.)

Flag Post

To someone that put Solaar below donovan in the list:

I guess you haven’t really tried Solaar. His Galaxy Burst is amazing, and his pleasant sunbeam fully heals your party (well, almost). His spirit graft can really make your magic users real monsters.