What 'Fig Hunter' really means.

38 posts

Flag Post

His website is called Fig Hunter, yet he never shows why he’s chosen figs…
But you’ve seen the description on the potion, Fig Juice, right? Ever wondered what that meant? That’s great!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figging

Because it actually means shoving a piece of ginger shaped like a penis up your ass. Isn’t it great what the creator of Mardek was thinking about while making the site?

I can imagine that it would make you lose interest in women (you’re gay).

Flag Post

ummm maybe its a British thing? lol (im just kiddin lol)

Flag Post

At least he could be referring to the fruit fig.
Other than that…uh…unusual way of torture.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Betelgueze:

Well, with the Fig Juice description, he’s clearly implying something sexual.

Originally posted by gameboybjs1:

ummm maybe its a British thing? lol (im just kiddin lol)

Actually, I think it is a British thing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by The Topic Title:

What ‘Fig Hunter’ really means.

I hope that the piece of ginger shaped like a penis has nothing to do with the website title and the fig juice description… otherwise I kill meself.

Flag Post

So, to sum this topic up, Freud Was Right.

Flag Post

To all the mindless idiots.Wo dare joke on this oasis of common sense on the internet.

The site is named fig hunter because of the first game developed by the creator of the site.

So **** off morons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnFlame:

The site is named fig hunter because of the first game developed by the creator of the site.

And why, pray tell, do you think PLW chose “Fig Hunter” for the name of his first game? It likely has something to do with

Originally posted by DarthKitty:

So, to sum this topic up, Freud Was Right.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnFlame:

To all the mindless idiots.Wo dare joke on this oasis of common sense on the internet.

So **** off morons.

Did you even read the description on the item Fig Juice? And his first game was in no way called “Fig Hunter” It was called ’Super Mega Cyber Ortek Flier." Go on his website and see.

Flag Post
Originally posted by chesshawk:

And his first game was in no way called “Fig Hunter” It was called ’Super Mega Cyber Ortek Flier." Go on his website and see.

Actually, I’m pretty sure his first game was Fig Hunter, but he hated it so much that he removed it. That would explain this:

Which I took the liberty of cropping out of his site’s forums. I won’t bother providing a link to said forums, since such links typically break, and said forums are easy enough to find. I’m pretty sure somewhere or other PLW said that Fig Hunter was his first game, and that Deliverance was drawn from that, which was in in turn drawn from in order to make MARDEK. But who knows; maybe Fig Hunter was his second game, and SMECOF was his first.

Although, the description of SMECOF leads me to believe otherwise:

Originally posted by Fig Hunter – Games:

This was my first ‘proper Flash game’.

Note the usage of the word “proper.” If SMECOF had been his first ever flash game, the wording would have been different.

Flag Post

I hate to bring up an old topic, but here’s a link that actually answers the question. If it works, as DK said, links to Fighunter have a habit of breaking.
EDIT: Ok, so the link doesn’t work. Try this:
http://www.fighunter.com/?page=comment_single&c=59578
Take out the “amp;” and it should work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheMightierWolf:

Fig is latin for “Mind.”

Not according to both Google Translate (which, admittedly, can be inaccurate), and a Latin/English dictionary that I have. Can someone else can verify this?

Flag Post

Mind is ‘mens,’ not “fig”.

Taking criminal law classes tells you that. ‘Mens rea’ means the guilty mind, to put it simply.

Flag Post

There are different words in latin with different meanings, but fig meaning mind I do not believe is one of them. The closest my Latin to English dictionary gets is “Figura” – form, shape, figure, shade of the dead, kind, nature, species, in rhetoric: a figure of speech.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FigHunterWiki:

Fig is a Lingon word meaning ‘mind’… though the meaning is a bit more complex than what we as humans can understand. The Fig element is the element of the mind, and of imagination. Souls by themselves are merely mindless essences of being; they exist but are not aware of it because they have nothing with which to process information from the environment. Minds are ‘operating systems’ for souls, of sorts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EzekielMaple:
Originally posted by FigHunterWiki:

Fig is a Lingon word meaning ‘mind’… though the meaning is a bit more complex than what we as humans can understand. The Fig element is the element of the mind, and of imagination. Souls by themselves are merely mindless essences of being; they exist but are not aware of it because they have nothing with which to process information from the environment. Minds are ‘operating systems’ for souls, of sorts.

Lingon =/= Latin. Also, Lingons are fictional, thus Pseudolonewolf didn’t use their word. We’re talking about Pseudolonewolf’s motivation for naming his game, his site, and the element, “Fig Hunter.”

Flag Post
Lingons are fictional

I was trying to say this. Fictional race >> Fictional language >> Pseudo made both >> fig is simply gibberish

Also maybe:

Originally posted by Betelgueze:

Flag Post

Proof number 2:

Just yesterday he posted

The 2007 version, however, was a rather different beast. It involved some graphical elements, sort of, and you wandered text-basedly through an area made up of ‘rooms’.
The interesting thing about it though was that it had a limb-based battle/equipment system. You had a head, torso, two legs, two arms, and, because I was feeling silly at the time, a ‘todger’, all of which could be given pieces of equipment to wear, or attacked and severed in battle.
Enemies, too, had limbs, and combat was about targetting these limbs one-by-one, reducing the HP that each limb had until the foe’s total HP fell beneath a certain level, or a vital limb like a head or body was lost.

Todger means penis, in British slang. That means that he was actually trying to make a game where you walk around fighting enemis completely naked and there was an option to get your penis bitten off. In combat.

Is this not conclusive proof of some weird sexual things in all of his games? I really wonder if he was planning to have a sprite of a completely naked person. Sounds awfully creepy.

I’m still convinced that Pseudo is not just referring to the fruit, as you can read the Fig Juice description; it’s clearly sexual.

Flag Post

Is this not conclusive proof of some weird sexual things in all of his games?

Conclusive? No. Supporting? Yes, absolutely.

Sounds awfully creepy.

Hilarious, you mean.

I’m still convinced that Pseudo is not just referring to the fruit, as you can read the Fig Juice description; it’s clearly sexual.

Yes, I was going to bring up that bit as well; yet more supporting evidence that this is not merely gobbledygook.

Flag Post

i thing fig hunter means pig hunter

Flag Post
Originally posted by RIJU:

i thing fig hunter means pig hunter

y do u thk tht??/

Flag Post

Urbandictionary guys! Come on!

Flag Post

i think bcz fig is related to pig.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RIJU:

i think bcz fig is related to pig.

How so?

Flag Post

I think i got it (no, this time i’m being serious)
What about “fig” as the abbreviation of “figure”?. So the full name would be Figure Hunter. It would make sense with fig being the element of mind in his games (meh, sort of).
The fact that fig is also a fruit and a toy is complete coincidence (as dick is a slang for both penis ,an annoying person … and a name)