What 'Fig Hunter' really means. page 2

38 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by EzekielMaple:

I think i got it (no, this time i’m being serious)
What about “fig” as the abbreviation of “figure”?. So the full name would be Figure Hunter. It would make sense with fig being the element of mind in his games (meh, sort of).
The fact that fig is also a fruit and a toy is complete coincidence (as dick is a slang for both penis ,an annoying person … and a name)

But isn’t it obvious that he was referring to something sexual when he was talking about figs in the first place? Why would it be Figure Hunter?

A thick, gloopy, purple concoction made of figs. No, not THOSE kind of figs! You and your dirty mind! Behave! It restores 2000HP, and causes acute feelings of distaste towards women. Yes, even for women; the self-loathing makes it worse for them.

Those figs are not figures or minds. Take your best guess.

Flag Post

I think the whole fig juice description is a joke and not related at all to actual fig

Flag Post

Maybe he just really likes figs (the fruit)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by felipe970421:

I think the whole fig juice description is a joke and not related at all to actual fig

Yeah exactly, they’re made of THOSE kinds of figs. Read the OP.

Originally posted by Randomgold:

No one reads anything…..

Flag Post
Originally posted by chesshawk:
Originally posted by felipe970421:

Yeah exactly, they’re made of THOSE kinds of figs. Read the OP.

No one reads anything…..

And how do you figure that I don’t read exactly? This thread is mostly populated by the theory that the fig is somehow related to the mind, or as a (very odd) sexual innuendo. I simply proposed a new perspective on the matter. And, in my opinion, the simplest possible solution to the problem, that the word ‘fig’, is referencing the fruit, not an aspect of the mind.

But, hey, if you want something like that, then here it is:

Fig could be seen as short for figment. As in, a figment of the imagination. So, if taken that way, the name “Fig Hunter” could be seen as meaning “Figment Hunter”, and further “Imagination Hunter”.

There, satisfied?

Flag Post

And how do you figure that I don’t read exactly? This thread is mostly populated by the theory that the fig is somehow related to the mind, or as a (very odd) sexual innuendo. I simply proposed a new perspective on the matter. And, in my opinion, the simplest possible solution to the problem, that the word ‘fig’, is referencing the fruit, not an aspect of the mind.

But, hey, if you want something like that, then here it is:

Fig could be seen as short for figment. As in, a figment of the imagination. So, if taken that way, the name “Fig Hunter” could be seen as meaning “Figment Hunter”, and further “Imagination Hunter”.

There, satisfied?

I agree with chesshawk on this one. No one reads anything. Take a look at the first post on this page. What do you see there? Don’t know what I’m talking about? Have a quote:

Originally posted by chesshawk:

A thick, gloopy, purple concoction made of figs. No, not THOSE kind of figs! You and your dirty mind! Behave! It restores 2000HP, and causes acute feelings of distaste towards women. Yes, even for women; the self-loathing makes it worse for them.

Those figs are not figures or minds. Take your best guess.

Besides which, “Fig=Figment=Mind” is rather a leap of the mind, whereas "Fig=Freud Was Right" is the obvious, and much simpler, solution. Besides which, figs have been related to sex since Roman times, IIRC. Even if there is no reference to the (admittedly bizarre) homosexual act, there’s still quite the obvious relation to sex.

Flag Post

True, but then again, the figjuice item and the website name of Fig Hunter seem to have very little to do with each other, with the exception of the ‘fig’. I’m responding to what I see as the subject of the thread—which would be why the website’s name is Fig Hunter— and not the meaning behind a few lines on an in game item. As such, the sexual innuendo does very easily apply to the item, but not necessarily to the website name.

If the subject was supposed to be about the item, and not the site, than I misunderstood the subject of this thread.

If that is the case, then all I can say is Pseudo has a very dirty, dirty mind sometimes.

Flag Post

True, but then again, the figjuice item and the website name of Fig Hunter seem to have very little to do with each other, with the exception of the ‘fig’. I’m responding to what I see as the subject of the thread—which would be why the website’s name is Fig Hunter— and not the meaning behind a few lines on an in game item. As such, the sexual innuendo does very easily apply to the item, but not necessarily to the website name.

Fair enough. Perhaps that particular innuendo was not intended, but you cannot deny this bit here:

Originally posted by DarthKitty:

Besides which, figs have been related to sex since Roman times, IIRC. Even if there is no reference to the (admittedly bizarre) homosexual act, there’s still quite the obvious relation to sex.

Flag Post

If the subject was supposed to be about the item, and not the site, than I misunderstood the subject of this thread.

If that is the case, then all I can say is Pseudo has a very dirty, dirty mind sometimes.

First of all, he made a game where you have your penis flopping around while you fight, so that’s just showing that he might have a dirty mind. I’m just talking about the ‘figs’ in general on his site, they’re referenced multiple times.

Flag Post

sigh, it could be that he meant fig innocently then heard ppl talking about the pervy crap and added the description to the fig juice item as a reference/joke pointed at them? Other than that item i had taken it as short for figment as well.

Flag Post

Originally posted by JohnFlame:

To all the mindless idiots.Wo dare joke on this oasis of common sense on the internet. The site is named fig hunter because of the first game developed by the creator of the site. So **** off morons.

Did you even read the description on the item Fig Juice? And his first game was in no way called “Fig Hunter” It was called ’Super Mega Cyber Ortek Flier." Go on his website and see

His first game was Figimon,not SMECOFX2005.Now,understand?

Flag Post

Now,to clarify this,I know the history of that site.Figimon was his first official,unfinished game,but the Rise of Yalortism was his first game.There,at the library at the Yalortian Monastery you learn that The Lingon language is strictly tied to Yalortism and Pseudo’s games because,in the Lingon language it means ,,mind’’(now you understand the fig element in MARDEK 3)and that there are Fig Hunters in the world,which aspire to the mind’s enlightening,and the one that does it is called Guru.Translated,the site’s name is ,,Mind Hunter"

Flag Post

Chesshawk must have had extensive experience with this “figging” process to immediately make the connection between it and the name “Fig Hunter” so much more quickly than the rest of us. All hail this perceptive individual! :D