Survival or normal tournament

5 posts

Flag Post

Should I do the normal tournament or Mardeks survival tournament first? I’ve already chosen my team and completed everyones survival tournament except for Mardek.

Flag Post

Have you completed Karnos and Animus yet? If you have, then go right ahead and do the main tournament for Mardek’s sword. Their Scarabs really help. If you haven’t, then you can use Mardek’s special artifact from his tournament in the Champions tournament.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Burnyoureyes:

Have you completed Karnos and Animus yet? If you have, then go right ahead and do the main tournament for Mardek’s sword. Their Scarabs really help. If you haven’t, then you can use Mardek’s special artifact from his tournament in the Champions tournament.

I can’t beat Animus before beating the champion tournament. But I have beaten Karnos.

Flag Post

Beating Mardek’s tournament isn’t very hard. Check out the enemies first, then decide what strategies you will use. There are only ten rounds, after all. Also, beating Mardek’s tourney gives you the item which gives Mardek a skill to heal any status effect. So definitely do his tourney first. Just keep a good supply of ethers and other things with you, and the scarab of health from the fairies really helps.

Flag Post

If you’ve completed everyone’s survival tournament except Mardek’s, Mardek’s will be a piece of cake. I’m not even sure why you’re asking this, it should be fairly obvious. Mardek should be the highest level in your whole party, and being both a healer and a good elemental attacker (with the four swords) you’re better off than a lot of other characters.

Really, though, yellow fairy is a killer for the tournaments. Hope you didn’t trade it away yet.