Barbarian build advice

4 posts

Flag Post

Hi all,

I’m looking for some insight on how to build my barb, an AoE one would be great.
The most interest build according to most is the assault/hell cry one, but it’s just a single target one

Thanks to all

Flag Post

Not sure what lvl you are but if you are low lvl, aoe build won’t work. You need at least 90 points in PoD to be able to consistently hit stuff. A tweak engineer or raise hand war wizard (or both, that’s what I did) will one shot most monster groups in the early episodes. Dual wielding would do more damage but you need lots of To-Hit bonus to not miss. Unliker berserker, they have no skills that improve dual-wield. You can swap out a 2 hander when you are fighting monsters with real nasty parry dmg. Try to get either 100 buff (fatal wound can occur on PoD) or 100 survival but not both. getting 35 assault is nice for bosses or when they are down to one or two baddies.

Flag Post

I think it’s nonsense to actually skill PoD, I’ve had builds where all the skillpoints went into the first two passives. Leaving you with an 11k HP, 4k All hitting barb. I used two angelwings and used my barb to level creatures in prison1 because it solo-ed all.

At Ocean+ I would advice against using a PoD barb because it simply gets countered to death.

Flag Post

Actually, i’m in rift L1, i’m not planning on using it on my party to finish the game, but i’d like him for farming, ladders and leveling recycled chars