Transformice Suggestions page 2

2523 posts

Flag Post

I think there should be an option, after you put in your username and password, to get either all nromal maps, all user created maps, or a mixture of the 2.

Flag Post

A complete room list.
Option to chance quality / fancy stuff.

A way to sell your clothes for a lower price you got them. Like if a hat costs 500, you can sell it for 250.
Wings . Like clothes. And you wouldn’t be able to fly with them.
Suits.
shoes.

Torch for the shaman

60% rating for maps is too much. Noobs many times just vote – to harder maps. Or maybe I simplify.

Editor stuff:
Ghost objects.
You could select if the level would be nightmode or not. Torches.

Flag Post
Originally posted by penguinlord626:

A WAY TO SELL YOUR CLOTHES, for the same price you got them!!!!! <(^_^*<)
I really want to change my look!

Same price? No, half of the price.

Flag Post

I would like to see a way to control the trolls banning. Maybe make it so that mice have to have a certain amount of cheese gathered, or a certain number of mice saved as shaman to use the ban. I think that would keep the trolls from banning players.
Maybe 500 cheese gathered, and 500 mice saved as shaman?

Oh, and maybe the same thing for player levels, so noobs can’t rate it down because it’s too hard. OR just for editing levels.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheDartMonkey:

I would like to see a way to control the trolls banning. Maybe make it so that mice have to have a certain amount of cheese gathered, or a certain number of mice saved as shaman to use the ban. I think that would keep the trolls from banning players.

DartMonkey you are aware that you need 10 people or so to ban a person? in most rooms there are like 25 peope with let’s say 5 noobs and 5 afkers if you would only let the “Pro” players ban a person you Would NEVER be able to ban ANYONE.

Oh, and maybe the same thing for player levels, so noobs can’t rate it down because it’s too hard. OR just for editing levels.

I think we should just make a one time cost for uploading a map,maybe 100 cheese? that will let the trolls think about what they do and if they still want to spam shity maps they will atleast need some time to collect the cheese

Flag Post

How bout if the some of the player maps that pop up would be selected from the maps created by the players in that room. It would give the map makers a chance for some feedback so they can make good maps better.

Flag Post

My mouses name is wintermuet. The map editor is brilliant but the current voting system is ruining transformice. As a long time player (since even before bloons and the ability to duck), I have always enjoyed transformice as a game with a certain degree of competitive challenge in a unique direction, being a 3 tier challenge (get cheese or be shaman or get first, depending on your situation). The goal for succeeding has always been to get to be the shaman, that is your reward for doing well. You work hard, get first, you get titles in the long run, but in the short run, you get to be shaman more often. Being shaman is my favorite part, it involves creative problem solving that is often challenging but rewarding. I have noticed that the map editor is creating a surge of maps that either do not involve the shaman at all, or involve the shaman in an extremely minimal capacity, building simple things like two-plank bridges. When I get to be shaman on these levels, I feel like my time is wasted, and all my hard work was for nothing. If being shaman becomes boring, the most unique and interesting element of the game is lost, and transformice becomes just another boring sidescroller racing game. Being shaman is a bore now. I hate being shaman, I hate playing maps that involve holding one button, for 10 seconds, from the start, to get in the finish. I hate that the challenge has been either removed, or given a less creative and more annoying direction. I hate that good maps get voted poorly, and terribly, boring, uncreative, lazily slapped together maps get voted up

Transformice is nothing without the joy of being shaman.
It’s just a boring racing game with a map editor.
Almost all of the mice beat every level (only easy maps seem to get voted up).
I still enjoy this game, but in a different and much diminished capacity.
Please fix this before I find a better game to start playing.
I apologize for the criticism, because I love your guys work, I just hate the new and misguided power of the voting system.

Flag Post

very nice comment Winter and all of it is very true I feel sadened when I have to shaman on one of these uncreative user created maps.I’m not saying they are all bad,but most of them are. I would like to see them have ONLY user-created and ONLY Developer created map rooms. I understand the devs want to make the game stay dinamic with no difference if a room is name “moma” or simply “1” ,so maybe the user himself could select a setting if he would prefer user-created or dev created maps. And in a room the setting which is selected by most of the mice is then used.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mewthree:

very nice comment Winter and all of it is very true I feel sadened when I have to shaman on one of these uncreative user created maps.I’m not saying they are all bad,but most of them are. I would like to see them have ONLY user-created and ONLY Developer created map rooms. I understand the devs want to make the game stay dinamic with no difference if a room is name “moma” or simply “1” ,so maybe the user himself could select a setting if he would prefer user-created or dev created maps. And in a room the setting which is selected by most of the mice is then used.

I think the current devs are creative and can likely come up with a solution for what is most likely a totally unexpected problem (This kind of fix takes lots of time an ingenuity). But yes, I agree, I would like to be able to show my map to my friends and play it with them, such as with an option to only play maps made by one of the mice in the room. The map distribution should be split up evenly between: random top 100 (or maybe 500?) maps, random developer made map (because Tigrounette makes good maps), random new map (one that has yet to get the 50 vote threshold) and random map made by someone in the room (this would help urge people to play more often to get their maps voted on). Instead of deleting maps that fall below 60%, perhaps you should just… I dunno, reduce the maps so they only appear in the room that mouse is in (and delete them only if they get voted below 45% or so). I understand they probably have server capacity issues, making it hard to scale things like this, as well as possibly a hard time making a good random map algorithm (there may need to be significant changes to make it so that maps of mice in the room appear more often, due to the way flags are set, but I don’t know), so I believe they will know best how to fix it.

But I’m sure Tigrounette has already thought of these things :)

It’s also worth noting that in the community of more skilled players, these complaints have become echoed throughout, and people are getting upset with the game. There is still all of the new players, but please don’t alienate the players that like being shaman! If you lose what made you popular, the game will fall apart and be just another crappy flash game! Please don’t lose the main thing that made the game so special. Shaman is not fun any more! Remember that there are different kinds of players, people who play once, or play once a week, or play every day. Whatever you do, Tigrounette, please try not to lose the every day players. These are the ones who like to be shaman, and compete at high skill levels. If you lose them, the more casual players will all play a few times and disappear, and then the game will fall apart. :(

Flag Post
number 1, Please note that this was a comment I said on the game. So If you notice something weird like thumbs up If you agree … Thats why[/b][/color] :P

I just wanted to share that..You should add stuff like body armour and weapons.You got alot stuff right now, But If theres people with over 2k cheese they pretty much have a full set already and buy new stuff and switch every now and then, But with a costume plus a weapon, It’ll go to 3k or something already depends how you would price It and you could make cheap ones, expensive ones, I would just love to see that In the game. Also, This game should really get on the current challenges list It’s the best multiplayer game on kongregate Imo, Nothing beats this, And If It reaches the homepage,The population will grow aswell. I haven’t heard of this game since like 1week Ish ago, And I’m damn happy I did, I just saw It In first place If I remember right on multiplayer list, So anyway. If those things would happen,Imagine the population grow. This will also help getting bad maps made by players go away quicker, And get you’re good maps voted quicker.

] Suggestion Number 2 [/b][/color]

This Is one about map Editor, I’m not sure If It sounds ledgit, Most of my Ideas have an Plus point but a – point aswell lol.

But you could like let people who made a pretty good map get rewards for their great work, Example

200 votes and over 60% rating= You’re cheese refund and a title

Then you can keep going on like,

500 Cheese better title, More cheese, Or just continue with titles only.

You could also just give titles and cheese for every 5% above 60% you get like

65% Architect + cheese maybe
70% another title

You can do alot, You could make new clothes aswell and give to like a map from 80% + or something Its just a suggestion you decide the rewards for them, You can give away alot, That way people would actually put more works and come out with more decent maps.

Suggestion 3 (Little text)

Could you please get rid with the codes and let us be able to go to like to ‘profile’ and then get a list with

All you’re cheese collected as sham, normal, first etc (pretty much all things that you get to see with /profile name)

But then also your levels added with rating next to them and an available edit button, So we don’t always need to fill In the code an and load the level.

If you would do the profile thingy, (Would become really handy) You could make the game start on your profile and not Instantly In a room with like 25 mices.

I know I ask much, I know I probablly made mistakes, But They’r suggestions, And I wanted to write quick, If you disagree with anything or find a mistake you think I wrote, Please quote or something, Thanks for reading.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mewthree:

DartMonkey you are aware that you need 10 people or so to ban a person? in most rooms there are like 25 peope with let’s say 5 noobs and 5 afkers if you would only let the “Pro” players ban a person you Would NEVER be able to ban ANYONE.

I think we should just make a one time cost for uploading a map,maybe 100 cheese? that will let the trolls think about what they do and if they still want to spam shity maps they will atleast need some time to collect the cheese

I said MAYBE 500. Maybe 200?

Flag Post

Here are some suggestions. Please read!!! I’m sure many people agree with me.

1) A 5 second wait for people to load the level before it starts. I find myself starting on a map at 1:51 at times. It is unfair to many players. It will cut out the lag starts too. Many people agree with me on this idea, they’d rather wait than start late.

2) If you belong to room X, say, let the custom maps that appear ONLY BE MADE by people in room X at the current time. This way, you can watch people play your maps and get to see your friends’ maps too. The probability relies on the player, rather than the map. So having 10000 maps of your own won’t be an advantage to having your map chosen. The votes system then can be scrapped. Also, private rooms with your friends WILL BE SO MUCH MORE FUN.

Another note, to be made from (2) is that A LOT OF GOOD MAPS ARE BEING DELETED BECAUSE THEY REQUIRE THOUGHT. So carrying out (2) makes a LOT of sense.

(2) has a weakness, which is that trolls will make nasty maps. To get around this, players in the room can be offered ‘yes/no’ in order to play the map, which they can see, before starting it. Thoughts?

If you agree with me on any points above, PLEASE QUOTE THIS. I hope someone will notice soon enough. I think (2) would be fun with mah friends.

Kaonstigma

<quick>

Flag Post
Originally posted by clubp:

I think there should be an option, after you put in your username and password, to get either all nromal maps, all user created maps, or a mixture of the 2.

Yes

Originally posted by TheHandler:

How bout if the some of the player maps that pop up would be selected from the maps created by the players in that room. It would give the map makers a chance for some feedback so they can make good maps better.

Definitely, quote myself (2).

Originally posted by zdrummon:

Transformice is nothing without the joy of being shaman.
It’s just a boring racing game with a map editor.
Almost all of the mice beat every level (only easy maps seem to get voted up).
I still enjoy this game, but in a different and much diminished capacity.
Please fix this before I find a better game to start playing.
I apologize for the criticism, because I love your guys work, I just hate the new and misguided power of the voting system.

Very good post. The nail has been hit on the head. I have seen friends’ maps by them sending the code, fantastic maps, but being deleted. All because they required a good shaman.

Flag Post

Thats exactly the problem, (On your third quote Kaon)

How do they keep up the hard maps, I had one myself where I spend 20-30 min on and It got deleted just because It required skill.

I know the feeling, I wanted a fix aswell, But I couln’t think how, Allowing friends to play your maps will usually be like hey MATE PLS RATE UP MY MAP SINCE YOUR MY FRIEND. I’m not sure how they could do It, I’ve seen worse maps then mine on 70%…

Flag Post

Get rid of the vote system. Choose maps only made by people in your room. If someone makes troll maps that waste 2 minutes of your life, then … we need something to prevent that. I suggest a vote to ‘start the level? yes/no’ when mice see the level before it starts. :>

Flag Post

I think to do a some levels really difficult to resalt the pro from the noobs, one idea that I have is to do a level that start to get filled by water that will going to kill you at the time you touch it and put something that lend you to float over the water some thing more is that touse level to need of a time because the water will going to go up of course and it will going to kill you

Flag Post

Other thing that I was thinking is to use a option in were you can put a code that will going to lend you directly play some friend map

Flag Post

Kaon, If they get rid of the vote system I doubt people will spent 20cheese for making maps, No voting means, yeh you have a map but It’s not “better” then people 0.00000001% below you, Or w.e I just mean, What would the point be, Perhaps, A + button only or else I wish to not vote? Idk? That way you could start giving rewards to peple with like 500+ (Even bad maps will get that but after a VERYYYYYYYYYYY long time If they get 2+ every 25map so anyway…. Just an Idea,

Flag Post

I disagree with that… the voting system help flesh out the maps that dont have merit or potential… and eventually the final product will be a set of very popular maps

Flag Post

I’m also getting tired of being sham in lvl that doesnt require a sham. But this is not the fault of editors this is the result of a main flaw in the lvl editor. It’s impossible to create a lvl without a sham. Besides from this I think the lvl editor got way to less options and controls are to complicated. I mean, whats wrong with simply pressing up to extend a plank and right/left to rotate, its good that u can precisely type it in but it shudnt be the only way. And why dont we just have the same lvl-making possibilities as the makers of the game, we cant make a superpowered motor, let things spawn in the air, select the shamans tools, make 2 shams and coloured holes. make multiply mouse spawns, change gravity, make invisible ghost objects and I’m probly still forgetting some.

Flag Post

I think that you should be able to look at one of your maps that people didn’t like and see how many votes it had and the percent when it died.

Flag Post

on night mode the shaman should have lamps or a lamp if he has more than 1 he can share it with other mice

Flag Post
Originally posted by stofzuiger:

I’m also getting tired of being sham in lvl that doesnt require a sham. But this is not the fault of editors this is the result of a main flaw in the lvl editor. It’s impossible to create a lvl without a sham. Besides from this I think the lvl editor got way to less options and controls are to complicated. I mean, whats wrong with simply pressing up to extend a plank and right/left to rotate, its good that u can precisely type it in but it shudnt be the only way. And why dont we just have the same lvl-making possibilities as the makers of the game, we cant make a superpowered motor, let things spawn in the air, select the shamans tools, make 2 shams and coloured holes. make multiply mouse spawns, change gravity, make invisible ghost objects and I’m probly still forgetting some.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kaonstigma:

Get rid of the vote system. Choose maps only made by people in your room. If someone makes troll maps that waste 2 minutes of your life, then … we need something to prevent that. I suggest a vote to ‘start the level? yes/no’ when mice see the level before it starts. :>

Best suggestion made on the level editor maps so far.I think this Idea is Genius

Originally posted by Samdc:

Kaon, If they get rid of the vote system I doubt people will spent 20cheese for making maps, No voting means, yeh you have a map but It’s not “better” then people 0.00000001% below you, Or w.e I just mean, What would the point be, Perhaps, A + button only or else I wish to not vote? Idk? That way you could start giving rewards to peple with like 500+ (Even bad maps will get that but after a VERYYYYYYYYYYY long time If they get 2+ every 25map so anyway…. Just an Idea,

What is your point I don’t quite understand? I think you’re questioning the Reson why there would be a level editor when the rating system would be removed. Well why would be people spend 20 (i say 100 but okay) cheese for making a map.Well first of all it’s fun 2nd they have the cheese ( believe me I have 300 cheese at the moment and I have no Idea what to do with it).So for the reason of why there would be a level editor all would stay the same there wouldn’t be a change just because the rating system is gone.

Originally posted by Shman15:

I disagree with that… the voting system help flesh out the maps that dont have merit or potential… and eventually the final product will be a set of very popular maps

The Problem is Shman any map that requires Shaman intervetion at a high level is voted down and eventually destroyed (mostly cuz the shaman fail and the nubs think it is impossible) and all of these “race” maps get voted up because the mice win.

Flag Post

I think people should be of certain rank (like having obtained 1000 cheese) before they can create maps along with the cheese requirement of 20. Lots of people just create the same thing over and over in just different variations.

Problem with the voting system I see, is sometimes people don’t know when a map has some potential or not. Sometimes just because they fail at a level, makes them fail to see that the level is good.

Another simple solution would be to let only certain numbered rooms play only official maps (1-50 for example), while the other rooms be allowed to play any map or even allow only custom maps and non of the original ones.