Transformice Suggestions page 3

2527 posts

Flag Post

For me the the game isn’t fun anymore since the map editor came. First of all, the lag has increased. Second there is no use anymore for a shamann. I don’t want to race every lvl. And as a shamann I want to build. Not wait till everyone is in.

Flag Post

I actually prefer the Level Editor, because we can create trickier levels, and people actually play them,However, it is confizuing Ls

Flag Post
Originally posted by GadgetGeek:

I actually prefer the Level Editor, because we can create trickier levels, and people actually play them,However, it is confizuing Ls

Whoops, misspell.. However, it is Confusing :S

Flag Post
Originally posted by xyqtt:

For me the the game isn’t fun anymore since the map editor came. First of all, the lag has increased. Second there is no use anymore for a shamann. I don’t want to race every lvl. And as a shamann I want to build. Not wait till everyone is in.

Lag has increased? Then get a better computer. However I do agree on the ‘And as a shamann’ bit.

Flag Post

GadgetGeek there is no need to triple post.For the next time use the “Edit Post” button right under the number of your posts,okay?

Flag Post

I already made a topic about this here:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/55-transformice/topics/107929-avoiding-the-flood-of-new-maps

Someone suggested that I should post this in this thread so here we go:

Hi
I guess everyone already noticed the new Map editor in the game that lets you play a custom user made level/map every second round.
I am kind of tired of playing these maps. Most of them look the same. Almost every level has bouncers. Some of them are also kind of ugly or very poorly made or just not funny and/or challenging at all.
On the first day I made 5 maps myself and it is impossible to play one of your own maps when there are already like 35.000 other maps.
I suppose everyone also noticed the lag issues and other glitches/bugs since the map editor update.
Transformice feels really different since that update. It has lost some of its elements. It’s like you’re never going to play the same map twice, which is in general a good thing, but Transformice felt better before that update. You could train a lot and go for perfection on every map. All these things are gone now…

So i came up with an idea…
Wouldn’t it be nice to set some kind of limit to the new maps?
What about the idea that there will be a contest every month and each contests winner(s) gets added to the regular maps.
Of course it is pretty impossible to check through 30.000 maps for a contest. This means there should be a submission limit or a high price of cheese that you have to pay in order to submit your map to the contest.
I think this would bring back some kind of regulation…
What do you think of this?

Addition:
Contest winners should get a reward like a certain amount of cheese, special items or a new title

Flag Post

Lag has increased? Then get a better computer. However I do agree on the ‘And as a shamann’ bit.

Yes lag, every time the lvl with the flying ship comes everyone lags out of the box and dies

Flag Post

What made this game was the fact that 25 mice can interact with the room, and the shaman had to guide the mice into the hole with the cheese. As some mice are greedy, their interaction with the room might have had a negative effect the shaman had to fix. For example, the see-saw / balancing plank effect.

Since kongregate is more of a competitive place for gaming, people want to see races instead of shaman assisted maps. Therefore race maps get voted ‘yes’ more than the thought provoking ones. The usual number of new players in a room is at least 10, and being new to the game makes them not know what shaman can do, and what this GAME IS CAPABLE OF. The voting system has to change or go. I want transformice, not platform racer 2.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nizzel:

I already made a topic about this here:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/55-transformice/topics/107929-avoiding-the-flood-of-new-maps

Someone suggested that I should post this in this thread so here we go:

Hi
I guess everyone already noticed the new Map editor in the game that lets you play a custom user made level/map every second round.
I am kind of tired of playing these maps. Most of them look the same. Almost every level has bouncers. Some of them are also kind of ugly or very poorly made or just not funny and/or challenging at all.
On the first day I made 5 maps myself and it is impossible to play one of your own maps when there are already like 35.000 other maps.
I suppose everyone also noticed the lag issues and other glitches/bugs since the map editor update.
Transformice feels really different since that update. It has lost some of its elements. It’s like you’re never going to play the same map twice, which is in general a good thing, but Transformice felt better before that update. You could train a lot and go for perfection on every map. All these things are gone now…

So i came up with an idea…
Wouldn’t it be nice to set some kind of limit to the new maps?
What about the idea that there will be a contest every month and each contests winner(s) gets added to the regular maps.
Of course it is pretty impossible to check through 30.000 maps for a contest. This means there should be a submission limit or a high price of cheese that you have to pay in order to submit your map to the contest.
I think this would bring back some kind of regulation…
What do you think of this?

Addition:
Contest winners should get a reward like a certain amount of cheese, special items or a new title

Nizzel the guy who suggested to post zis here was me ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by kaonstigma:

What made this game was the fact that 25 mice can interact with the room, and the shaman had to guide the mice into the hole with the cheese. As some mice are greedy, their interaction with the room might have had a negative effect the shaman had to fix. For example, the see-saw / balancing plank effect.

Since kongregate is more of a competitive place for gaming, people want to see races instead of shaman assisted maps. Therefore race maps get voted ‘yes’ more than the thought provoking ones. The usual number of new players in a room is at least 10, and being new to the game makes them not know what shaman can do, and what this GAME IS CAPABLE OF. The voting system has to change or go. I want transformice, not platform racer 2.

All of this is true, you’re alienating the expert players and the regulars and the shaman enthusiasts (lol). Help us please, Tigrounette! You should offer more voting power to people with more mice saved as shaman, since that stat seems most relevant to understanding of the game. Cap the maximum voting power at about 1000 mice saved or so (which is not very much) and you can really increase the average quality of maps by a great deal, and encourage people to be nice shamans!

Flag Post
Originally posted by zdrummon:
Originally posted by kaonstigma:

All of this is true, you’re alienating the expert players and the regulars and the shaman enthusiasts (lol). Help us please, Tigrounette! You should offer more voting power to people with more mice saved as shaman, since that stat seems most relevant to understanding of the game. Cap the maximum voting power at about 1000 mice saved or so (which is not very much) and you can really increase the average quality of maps by a great deal, and encourage people to be nice shamans!

I think they should cap it at 2000 mice saved but the generall idea is genius.I shall support this Idea from now on!

Flag Post

It should cost 1000 cheese to publish a map

Flag Post
Originally posted by Din_:

It should cost 1000 cheese to publish a map

No, that would just put people off. It’s hard enough as it is to get 20 cheese for myself these days, what with all the trolling and lag and stuff.

Flag Post

1000 Cheese to publish a map = Not fair since they had to pay 20cheese the other day plus, 1000cheese, you realize how insane that is to get, why would someone spend 1000 cheese to make a map if it might just get under 60% i’d prefer wait untill more items get realized then wasting 1k cheese….

Flag Post

I think map editing should only be done by the people who actually understand what transformice is (or was).

Imagine someone who has played the game only from the time map editor was out, with its race maps. That person would only think of making a race map, wouldn’t they? Therefore if transformice goes on like this, we only have race maps to look forward to.

Reset all maps, warning us to copy our codes before our maps go. Turn it back on with rights given to people with enough cheese saved as a shaman. 2000 is probably where I first fully understood the game.

Flag Post

Yes lag, every time the lvl with the flying ship comes everyone lags out of the box and dies

Everybody lagged out of the flying ship anyway, it has nothing to do with the map editor.

Flag Post

well its not All who lag out…. its the matter of how many mice’s in the map at that time

Flag Post

Idea 1 (Main)

I have an idea that would solve 1 problem and reduce the other to the minimum – only problem is I think it would be quite expensive and you may not have enough moneys.
Have 3 servers, all listing the amount of mice there are in each server. Here would be their layouts:
Server 1 – The current maps made by the developers.
Server 2 – The currnet maps made by users.
Server 3 – All current maps made by both devs and users.
This should solve lag quite a bit because less people are on servers, and it should solve the ongoing argument on the custom maps issue.

Idea 2

Another nice bonus I would love to see is a room list. Then you could select your room to be private (Not be shown on the room list) or public.

Flag Post

a function wher you can tip your code what you get when you edit a map that when all mice in teh roome agree that came than this map

idea 2

you sould can make moe ground on map editor ( i wantet to make a map loked like a 8 but i need more ground to make such a map)

Flag Post

there should be a butten wher you can select between pvp server and normal server

Flag Post

there should be an option to pass shaman to someone else

Flag Post

First suggestion, Make a shaman tutorial, Perhaps.

Second suggestion (This Is quite asking alot I doubt It’ll happen but) Campaign, Starts easy and goes harder, and gives cheese rewards or titles. Or just decide yourself :P

Third suggestion, (This One Is actually reasonable lol)

Add a guild system … Make it cost like 100cheese to start one up.. then make the cap of the guild 20 and let it be updated to like, bronze, silver,gold,diamond,platinum or so. and make it cost moar cheese every rank update and obviously make the cap higher aswell. To end It up, Perhaps you could add like 300cheese left for bronze rank and anyone in the guildcan donate cheese , like if i would donate 55 its 245 left, hope this idea would be considered as i would look forward to a guild system.

Final and weird suggestion, Add ranking of TOp first cheese, shaman cheese saved and cheese totla if you wouln’t mind, like ranks 1-100 of everything mentioned, I’m not sure If this already exists on a site, If it does please do tell me :P

Flag Post

Yes Mewthree suggested that I should post my idea here. Thanks for that!

But what do you think of my contest idea? I really think that would be the best way to gain back our good old Transformice. It is just not the same currently and the fun is also suffering a lot.

Flag Post

The game is too popular for its own good. In the time it took me to make one simple level, about 200 more were made. I highly doubt I"ll ever get the chance to play my level with other people, so what’s the point of making it if I can’t show my friends?

Flag Post

Well maybe we could alter my idea with the ability to choose preferemces (I had the preference of User levesl or dev levels or of course both) and you could add another section named “contest winniers”.Then you could play user maps with a higher quality than the usual stuff.