Inactivity Filter Is The Most Retarded Idea Ever

18 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Miceformers:

Its like, a whole 1 minute and 30 minutes, also it crazy that somebody would wait 1 minute for a SHAMAN!

1 minute and 30 minutes…? I think you mean 1 minute and 30 seconds. And no, it is much less. I died as I was typing this post, so I think even 20 seconds is extremely generous. More like 10 seconds.

EDIT: Okay, no wait. I think it’s that I seem to die at 1 minute and 30 seconds for no reason. What the hell is going on?

Flag Post

I think the Inactivity filter is a good thing. What about the shamans? They need cheese, too. People who are inactive stop that. So, kill them,. Besides, smart people would think to move.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:

I think the Inactivity filter is a good thing. What about the shamans? They need cheese, too. People who are inactive stop that. So, kill them,. Besides, smart people would think to move.

The thing is too short. How about the inactivity filter begins after either someone gets into the hole or after 1 minute, and have it be longer? Getting randomly kicked for forgetting to move every 10 seconds is unfair.

Flag Post

Uhm, just cut down on the swearing next time, and yeah I hate it too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SevereFlame:

The thing is too short. How about the inactivity filter begins after either someone gets into the hole or after 1 minute, and have it be longer? Getting randomly kicked for forgetting to move every 10 seconds is unfair.

The whole aim of the inactivity filter is to kick out afk people because they simply ruin the gameplay sometmies, for example when you are partnered with them.I think they could easily remove afkers when it would only work during the FIRST 10 secs (i really don’t know how long it is) of the level and it would stop then so you wouldn’t have to constantly move.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mewthree:

The whole aim of the inactivity filter is to kick out afk people because they simply ruin the gameplay sometmies, for example when you are partnered with them.I think they could easily remove afkers when it would only work during the FIRST 10 secs (i really don’t know how long it is) of the level and it would stop then so you wouldn’t have to constantly move.

But what if the afker moves then continues afking?

Flag Post
Originally posted by kevinexmx:

well if he is really afk then he wouldn’t move right?

Flag Post

Are you saying jumping and moving around for a bit the first 5 seconds is hard, or a pain in the ass? It is not.

And you failed to suggest what YOU would like to see. I mean, there has to be a system to kill them off, so what would you like in there?

Flag Post

Originally posted by kevinexmx:

well if he is really afk then he wouldn’t move right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TinyRooster:

Are you saying jumping and moving around for a bit the first 5 seconds is hard, or a pain in the ass? It is not.

And you failed to suggest what YOU would like to see. I mean, there has to be a system to kill them off, so what would you like in there?

There you go.

I think the ideal system would be, as I suggested above, the AFK filter works like it does now, but only after at least 1 person gets into the hole.

PROS: After one person got into the hole, we know it’s possible and thus we are not waiting for the shaman to make something. Then if someone doesn’t move they are probably AFK.

CONS: Walljumpers. The people who walljump might make it through the hole with the cheese while others are playing it safe and waiting for the shaman. And people who get lucky, although luckiness rarely occurs like this.

SUMMARY: The AFK filter should start working only after one mouse gets through the hole. Also (somewhat related) the chat should tell you when you got a cheese, but didn’t go through the hole. This will make it easier to know if your mouse has a cheese. I’ve seen people go to holes only to find out they didn’t have cheese, because the crowd of 25 mice made it impossible to see.

Flag Post

The AFK filter should remain as it is EXCEPT shamans should be unable to die from it. Shamans exempt, everyone else had to move at the beginning if they want to stay there. Simples.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cchaos:

The AFK filter should remain as it is EXCEPT shamans should be unable to die from it. Shamans exempt, everyone else had to move at the beginning if they want to stay there. Simples.

Can people PLEASE try to read the thread before posting their ideas?

Flag Post

What was wrong with his post?

Flag Post

I never die from the AFK filter after the first five seconds. Is there an AFK filter after that for 20 seconds of inactivity or something? People mention it a lot but I never see it happen to me.

Shamans should die from the AFK filter because waiting a full 2 minutes for an AFK shaman is dumb. The drawbacks outweigh the benefits on this one. Learn to move a little at the beginning. Although I’d agree that typing or summoning objects should be considered as activity.

Waiting for one person to get into the hole is pointless, too. If you’re waiting for the shaman for that long, find a way to amuse yourself. I usually try to balance on the tips of the planks they build. And if it’s a fail shaman, who cares if you die? You’re not getting in the hole anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by leftyman23:

What was wrong with his post?

Didn’t address any of the problems I pointed out.

Flag Post

I tried waiting without pressing any keys for 30 seconds or so and I never died from the anti-AFK thing. It only happens to me at the beginning of a map.

Flag Post

im not sure if you ppl that complain are mentally retarded or just braindead
besides the most retarded idea was you borning severeflame

move one left one right and its done no need to jump or wait or nothing
move 0.000000000001sec to left and 0.000000000001sec to right
DONE

whine baby