Shamans need better menus

11 posts

Flag Post

I’m sick of half my mice dying as I take the time to scroll down, pick an object, and save the very few remaining mice that didnt jump into the bottomless gulch they THINK they can jump themselves. If shamans are going to have a item bar, at least make it so all items are easily visible. Or even better would be to have them on number keys.

Also, opening the chat screen. I can’t command my mice for the same reason as above. I think maybe we should go with what Minecraft and other games do: Simply press T, type, and enter. Easy. No mouse needed.

The only thing the mouse should be used for in this game is placing items. Any other function is aggravating and can easily be used somewhere else.

Flag Post

You do realize that you can press enter to type right? And I don’t see anything wrong with the menu, it’s probably that you just got a bunch of mice who are too “pro” to wait for the shaman and try to grab first, while dooming everyone else.

Flag Post

I always troll and say that Alt + F4 brings up a pop-up, comprehensive Shaman guide. :P

Flag Post

I personally agree. There are hotkeys for the first nine items and the anchors, but they’re oddly placed. Why put runes and balloons on hotkeys 3 and 4 instead of the planks? It’s also odd to have to find The ‘C’ and ‘B’ keys after pressing 8 or 9 to anchor a plank… It’s like a marathon across my keyboard just to summon an item.

It isn’t as pressing an issue as the map editor atm, but hopefully we’ll see an improvement by the final version.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redd500:

You do realize that you can press enter to type right? And I don’t see anything wrong with the menu, it’s probably that you just got a bunch of mice who are too “pro” to wait for the shaman and try to grab first, while dooming everyone else.

Flag Post

My preference would be to instead of assigning the first number to the first object, second as the second object, etc, that each number ALWAYS refer to a specific shaman object. Something like

1: Arrow
2: Spirit
3: Small Plank
4: Large Plank
5: Small Box
6: Large Box
7: Anvil
8: Rune
9: Balloon
0: Ball

And then if the object isn’t available, then the key doesn’t do anything. If you want to speed up your shamaning, download Autohotkey and write some scripts to map to the numpad. I wrote one a while back which doesn’t work anymore, but it’s still nice to use 4 and 6 to rotate my object 90 degrees. I had like 1 = small B plank, 2 = large plank with edge C, 8 = ghost large box with edge C, and stuff like that.

Flag Post

Would be very nice to be able to set your keys.

Flag Post

Yeah if there wasn’t a scroll bar it’d make things so much easier.

Flag Post

i second that Tiny Rooster. be nice if kongregate would recognise there are a lot of flash games that use the mouse wheel and set up their adverts and such to reflect that.

Flag Post

for everyone who dint know that the items have hotkeys but not alle only the most used like plank box anvile spiritt arowan ballon and rune the only thing that has no hotkey are the cannons ande the balls

Flag Post
Originally posted by killerwakka01:

for everyone who dint know that the items have hotkeys but not alle only the most used like plank box anvile spiritt arowan ballon and rune the only thing that has no hotkey are the cannons ande the balls

You can’t select the planks.