Room Test

7 posts

Flag Post

Just a question: What happened to room test? It was a thriving, fun room where you could immediately try out the new map you had just created. But after one of the recent updates, this room was shut off. All of the other mod bot rooms were turned back on, but this one was not. And I would like to know why. Any explanations? Thanks. :P

Flag Post

what….ive never heard of this room

Flag Post

… this sounds like a stupid room

Flag Post

Ask a mod. They know about most bots. There’s a list of mods on the official forum.

Flag Post

Because updates change the code of the game, sometimes they disable the bots that are written for Transformice. Although they are officially sanctioned by Transformice, bots are not created nor updated by the game’s programmer, Tigrounette.

Shortly after the room test bot was released, we received an update that included a rewriting of the entire network code of the game. It is this update that has allowed for more mice on some servers and the creation of new servers; so, it was a very important update. The change was drastic enough that all the bots had to be majorly rewrote. I’m not sure exactly why the room test bot was not recreated, but if I had to guess, I would say it was time. Recreating some of the bots took a couple of days, and that was with Tigrounette personally helping the programmers understand the new code to get them back online. The mod that created the bot in question is very busy and probably has not had the time to go through everything. Keep in mind, this is just my guess.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TransformiceMod:

Because updates change the code of the game, sometimes they disable the bots that are written for Transformice. Although they are officially sanctioned by Transformice, bots are not created nor updated by the game’s programmer, Tigrounette.

Shortly after the room test bot was released, we received an update that included a rewriting of the entire network code of the game. It is this update that has allowed for more mice on some servers and the creation of new servers; so, it was a very important update. The change was drastic enough that all the bots had to be majorly rewrote. I’m not sure exactly why the room test bot was not recreated, but if I had to guess, I would say it was time. Recreating some of the bots took a couple of days, and that was with Tigrounette personally helping the programmers understand the new code to get them back online. The mod that created the bot in question is very busy and probably has not had the time to go through everything. Keep in mind, this is just my guess.

none of lord elisha’s accounts didnt see them lawl

Flag Post
Originally posted by MalleoBird:
Originally posted by TransformiceMod:

none of lord elisha’s accounts didnt see them lawl

is it me or is it hard to understand wut this kid just posted?