Game Suggestion/Ideas

556 posts

Flag Post

This is the official Kongregate Lord of the Ages suggestions and ideas thread. You should post any suggestions or ideas you have in this thread, and this thread only. Please do not make separate threads for your suggestions. All posts are reviewed and taken into account.

Things to Know

• This is a suggestions thread which means you should not report any glitches or bugs or demand fixes in game errors and/or server crashes, etc. If you would like to report a bug you have found let the developers know by posting here.

• You must remember to follow the rules of kongregate as they are very important, both the Conduct Guidelines and the Forum Guidelines.

• Please do not suggest the same idea or feature more than once, as I said we read through all the posts so there’s no need to post the same suggestion twice.

• You can find faster support and much more forum activity at the official Lord of Ages forums boards by clicking here

| Lord of Ages | Kongregate | Official Forums | Help Center |

Flag Post

Welcome any suggestion or idea!

Flag Post

Okey, suggestions, only few for now:

- There should be a “FULL SCREEN” button in MAP view. Now, it’s only in TOWN and CITY view.

- There should be option to hide system messages. By default, system messages area is bigger than world chat, which makes no sense.

- There’s 14 slots for buildings (plus one for Town Hall) in every Town, but there is only 10 types of buildings, and you can’t build the same building twice. It’s a waste of space, because you’ll always have 4 slots free. I’d prefer to build another Cottage, Warehouse or Secret Warehouse there.

- Change Rally Spot’s design. This logo on it looks like it’s ripped off from ArmorGames.

- There’s only like 4 types of wildernesses and well, it’s not much…

- The shiny clouds with tips for begginers are annoying. They only help those who are really new. I think they should disappear after you reach first prestige level.

Flag Post

I think that the game should have some type of music or at least sound. The game is great and fun to play, but I find it weirs that there is absolutely no sound, or music in the game. I understand the game is in “Beta”, but will there be any sound effects/music, it would make the game much better and amusing.
-Thanks, TheForumer

(This was also posted in my first post)

Flag Post

Okey, this is actually question + suggestion, but there’s something I don’t really understand. Why there’s ranks like “Intermediate” or “Junior” displaying in INT of a hero? It’s supposted to be a hero rank but it’s misplaced? If so, what kinds of ranks there are? How many of them there is? Are they different depending on ATT+DEF+SPD+INT-LVL? If yes, then my suggestion is to use colors for ranks, like in Heroes of Gaia.

Flag Post

I think there should be a market where we can buy/sell resources for coins or trade resources for other resources, since at last count, I have 80K crops doing nothing when I need resources like iron and lumber.

Also, do heroes regain energy over time? If not, I suggest that they gain the ability to do so.

EDIT: Also, there should be a way where we can earn coins automatically without being limited to a certain amount a day through quests.

Flag Post
Originally posted by InfiniteHunter:

I think there should be a market where we can buy/sell resources for coins or trade resources for other resources, since at last count, I have 80K crops doing nothing when I need resources like iron and lumber.

Same here, I had to go attacking many cities/towns just to keep a steady rate of lumber and iron. I really would love a market or a place in the store where we can buys things/resources with coins.

Flag Post

I don’t like how scouting works. When my scout ability fails, my scouts are getting killed. :/ Just make them return with no informations, but don’t kill them. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by CTSG:

I don’t like how scouting works. When my scout ability fails, my scouts are getting killed. :/ Just make them return with no informations, but don’t kill them. :(

Or do it like Caesary does; kill the scouts only when enemy scouts are present.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheForumer:

I think that the game should have some type of music or at least sound. The game is great and fun to play, but I find it weirs that there is absolutely no sound, or music in the game. I understand the game is in “Beta”, but will there be any sound effects/music, it would make the game much better and amusing.
-Thanks, TheForumer

(This was also posted in my first post)

Yap, that’s a good idea. Thanks! We would try to add some sound effect in future.

Flag Post

Okey, this is actually question + suggestion, but there’s something I don’t really understand. Why there’s ranks like “Intermediate” or “Junior” displaying in INT of a hero? It’s supposted to be a hero rank but it’s misplaced? If so, what kinds of ranks there are? How many of them there is? Are they different depending on ATT+DEF+SPD+INT-LVL? If yes, then my suggestion is to use colors for ranks, like in Heroes of Gaia.

Well, the rank like “intermediate” and “Junior” with the number 10 to 50 is intelligence which determines the initial power of this hero, as well as its later development speed.

Maybe we can add a note or something else to make it clear.

Flag Post

Also, do heroes regain energy over time? If not, I suggest that they gain the ability to do so.

EDIT: Also, there should be a way where we can earn coins automatically without being limited to a certain amount a day through quests.

1. The marketplace is in progress. And it is supposed to open to public next week.
2. Heroes regain their energy by leveling up. To get level up, send your heores to fight to win so as to get experience.
3. Actually there’s a way to earn free coins. It is in the Daily Quest— Levy. Also go conquer the wildernesses in the Map, you can also earn some coins or resources or heroes or gems or equipment. The wildernesses are designed with different difficulties for different players to choose to attack.

Flag Post

There are reasons that your scouts were killed. It could be that the other side is too strong to anti-scouting.

Flag Post
Actually there’s a way to earn free coins. It is in the Daily Quest— Levy. Also go conquer the wildernesses in the Map, you can also earn some coins or resources or heroes or gems or equipment. The wildernesses are designed with different difficulties for different players to choose to attack.

What I’m saying is that there should be a way to earn coins that doesn’t require you to be logged on when you do so. (I.e. treat it like every other resource and earn coins at a certain rate even when the player isn’t logged on.)

Flag Post
Actually there’s a way to earn free coins. It is in the Daily Quest— Levy. Also go conquer the wildernesses in the Map, you can also earn some coins or resources or heroes or gems or equipment. The wildernesses are designed with different difficulties for different players to choose to attack.

What I’m saying is that there should be a way to earn coins that doesn’t require you to be logged on when you do so. (I.e. treat it like every other resource and earn coins at a certain rate even when the player isn’t logged on.)

Do you mean almost like revenue/taxes, the higher your population the more coin revenue you receive? If so, I also agree with the idea.

Flag Post

I have another suggestion, it probably won’t be so popular or be used a lot, but it’s a feature I think the game needs:
Delete/Move Feature:
Delete Feature
This feature is mostly meant for the City but will also be useful in the Town, after a(n) building has been built the creation can be deleted or sold for a fraction of the resources needed to create it (including coins too).

Move Feature
After something has be built it can be moved or replaced in another empty/vacant plot, of course it recent position will become vacant.

These aren’t necessary, but they would be good features/enhancements to add.

Flag Post

The Levy quest: if I can get some coins every 10 mins, just make coins appear. Or if that’s another gimmick to keep people online, make coins appear when they are. Clicking this thing and waiting 10 mins is a sure way to piss people off, nothing more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mandracos:

The Levy quest: if I can get some coins every 10 mins, just make coins appear. Or if that’s another gimmick to keep people online, make coins appear when they are. Clicking this thing and waiting 10 mins is a sure way to piss people off, nothing more.

You don’t have to stay online to Claim them, just log out, log back in 10 or ore minutes later and the Quest will be done, you only get 200 or 50 coins (Can’t remember correctly). And if you were stating that after the 10 minutes are up, even when you’re offline, you be rewarded the coins then…All quests in the game have to be claimed and then finished, manually, so there shouldn’t be an exception for this one; Quests are meant to be done online, not including time required to complete it, and meant to be finished online.

Flag Post

Some way to disband units (unless there was a way that I haven’t found). The problem I have is that I have too many units now and because of that, my city’s food supply is very low. My only choice at the moment is to wait it out for troops to die, since I cannot upgrade my farms, nor can I send any troops out for a small bit of relief.

I also noted that at the moment, I have an abundance of other resources that I would have been able to trade off for should I have had the ability to exchange for what I need.

Well, don’t worry. Marketplace is going to be ok and open to public. Thanks.

Flag Post

The game could use some kind of PvP colosseum or something, but without risk of losing troops. They would fight for items, prestige and such. Also, there are unused building spaces. I think the devs are planning on creating a market and a blacksmith building, so that takes up 2 of the 4 empty spaces. One of those two spaces could be the arena for PvP. As for the last spot, I am not too sure of what could be there. Perhaps something to give population and workers another element to their usage.

Also, make whatever nationality you have chosen have a certain buff and stat lowering effects, for added game depth. Each nation should also each have some nation specific units. There could be a few units scattered between the existing ones, but the best and final unit would be nation specific. Like a super soldier, super wall defense, or super catapult and such. They would be stated before picking your nation, so when you go into the game, you know what you will be good at. I feel this would give the game a lot of flare.

I also feel there should be a series of buildings where you can only have 1 of in your city. The prereq would be to have all other standard buildings built. Then with this final building space, you pick from a list of buildings which add to what kind of city you will have. It could be a resource booster, and army booster, faster recruiting booster, better inn booster, etc. Just a whole ton of things to choose from to make your city feel unique.

The map could also use some new things. There should be some sort of thing where if you occupy it, it yields to you additional resources per hour. Like a Iron Mine would increase iron etc. There should also be NPC armies that people could attack. Not just a wilderness. But an army that you seek out in accordance with perhaps some quests or such. It would be more similar to a real player’s army with troop variety.

These are all just ideas, but I feel I good number of them could easily be implemented, and some have worked well in other games of this genre.

Flag Post

@KakkoiiBishounen: If I remember correctly the developer(s) stated that they will be adding a marketplace for trading and selling of resources and other things in return for coins and more resources depending on what you are trading for.

@EpicLord: I like your idea about the PvP (Player versus Player) Colosseum and fully support it. As for the nationality part of your post, I’m not to sure, but I thing the different nation you choose are different servers, correct me if I’m wrong.

Flag Post

@KakkoiiBishounen: If I remember correctly the developer(s) stated that they will be adding a marketplace for trading and selling of resources and other things in return for coins and more resources depending on what you are trading for.

@EpicLord: I like your idea about the PvP (Player versus Player) Colosseum and fully support it. As for the nationality part of your post, I’m not to sure, but I thing the different nation you choose are different servers, correct me if I’m wrong.

For nationality, it does not choose different servers. Initially I thought it was, but I see all nations on the map, and there are not enough players to support all of those servers. I think there is just one big server with all players on it at the moment.

Flag Post

I was talking about this with a couple other players in-game.

As it stands, there is a block in which if a player is <5x your prestige then you cannot attack the person. However, all around my area at the very least, there is an abundance of players that have since abandoned their cities, some with 0 population and coins.

As a fix, it might be good to change the system a little so that if a person has been inactive for let’s say 10 days to a month that their city no longer gets the <5x prestige protection and is free game for all players who want to attack them. Otherwise, these cities will just be sitting there, taking up space with no benefit to those who actually dedicate to the game. Alternatively, we can also have an autodeletion of inactive players/cities so that it would allow more space for wilderness to appear.

Flag Post

I have another suggestion, it probably won’t be so popular or be used a lot, but it’s a feature I think the game needs:
Delete/Move Feature:
Delete Feature
This feature is mostly meant for the City but will also be useful in the Town, after a(n) building has been built the creation can be deleted or sold for a fraction of the resources needed to create it (including coins too).

Move Feature
After something has be built it can be moved or replaced in another empty/vacant plot, of course it recent position will become vacant.

These aren’t necessary, but they would be good features/enhancements to add.

Thx! We are going to add the new feature to demolish the buildings. Should be ok on the next updates.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator