Does this game look familar to you? (locked)

12 posts

Flag Post

Woah, you have no idea what you’re talking about. What makes you think it’s Kongregate who’s developing this games? o.O’ Also, trust me that no one would invest in making a game if it’s not selling well. And why the hell would you complain that the game is too similar to Caesary or Evony? It’s a quality game, with good graphics and balanced mechanics. Go complain about hundreds of “Press Button” games or re-uploaded games with changed logo screen. Seriously, you people won’t miss a chance to complain. It’s getting ridiculous. Real-time strategy games are probably the rarest genre on Kongregate, yet they are all high rated and popular. You’re free to dislike them, but creating threads like this and whining about another RTS game being released is just stupid.

Personally, I like Lord of Ages much more than Caesary or Evony, because it’s more dynamic. You build faster, you can affort more, you don’t need to wait days to build something. It’s affortable. Also, I enjoy playing mulitplayer games in early stages, so I can help to improve the product.

Flag Post

The game is still free to play even if you need to pay to get a few features. Kreds were actually a great idea for Kongregate to implement. The reason is that more game developers will upload games to Kongregate if they feel that they might get money from donations. More games equals more players and more players equals more ad revenue. More ad revenue equals Kongregate staying free to play.

Flag Post

It’s the same as complaining about all new Tower Defense games, they use the same style map, turrets, and enemies (there’s only so much variety you can get, after all), it’s just another sub-genre for a game, and you may not like it, oh well. Personally I’m a little tired of these style games as well, but I’m not complaining because I know that somewhere out there someone is equally as annoyed by Tower Defense games looking too similar.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MakotoShinobi:

Oh, yes. And don’t forget that many MMO games like this will very likely to earn a low rating due to use of real money. LoA is very unlikely to be loved by many, and the final result is being hated by many due to many people on Kong who dislikes paying money on Kreds.

I’m sure that LoA will fail and get low ratings like other games that ask for money.

I mean that’s why there are so many games that incorporate money usage for extra boosts that have low scores, like Sacred Seasons, Remnants of Skystone, Fantasy Online… Oh wait… Let’s take a look at their ratings again…

http://www.kongregate.com/game_groups/mmo

Frankly, when you can play the majority of the game without necessarily having to resort to paying for it, you can still enjoy it for what it’s worth. Having the option to pay for extra things doesn’t make a game worse.

Psst.. By the way, Caesary has a 3.72 rating and badges.

Flag Post

Flag the game! Its a Caesary clone!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by hello5666:

Shut up, noob…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Richard545:
Originally posted by hello5666:

Shut up, noob…

Even if the game was flagged it wouldn’t be removed because it’s not a clone or copy, it’s the same genre as Caesary and Heroes of Gaia, there’s a forum for the game which means Kongregate “Approves” of the game; stop “hating” on the game just because it’s what you call a “Caesary clone”. I kind of agree with what Richard said….

Flag Post

I think that the guy at the bottom of your city lumbering is an Age of Empires II’s celtic villager.

This game comes from hell… It’s so evil… It ruined my life. Now the game will drag me to the underworld.
C’mon guys… Let the people enjoy this game if they like it, if you don’t want to play it and seems a crap game to you just don’t play it…

Flag Post

Even if the game was flagged it wouldn’t be removed because it’s not a clone or copy, it’s the same genre as Caesary and Heroes of Gaia, there’s a forum for the game which means Kongregate “Approves” of the game; stop “hating” on the game just because it’s what you call a “Caesary clone”. I kind of agree with what Richard said….

Games can be removed either by flagging the stolen game or at the request from the admin. Flagging the game being own by the respectable author does not mean remove the game.

I know that, I don’t see what you’re trying to say.

Flag Post

@resterman: The problem with Kong is that every person who looks at the website’s address and a logo, and they think “Wow, this a free online game website and it has badges!” and they decided to play any game. Of course, every person on this website plays every game that is all free until they find a MMO game that uses Kreds rather than in-game currency. When they see a game that uses Kreds, people began to think “OMG, I can’t believe what both Kong and the developer were thinking to have this crap!” After they see this, every hates on Kong and leaves themselves to pile load of rubbish Newgrounds or just staying away from the internet and play home video game consoles instead.

As you can see, when they made Kreds, it made many people leave Kong because of this. KONG, you better stop making games with Kreds and all the MMOs that uses real money! Get a better job or get out of this world!

You are generalizing a lot… I don’t think that every person go to Newgrounds just because they see an MMO with Kreds. And also, I don’t think that these games actually generate a significant lost on the user amount. It would be really silly to publish this kind of games if they make Kongregate lost users…

Flag Post

You are generalizing a lot… I don’t think that every person go to Newgrounds just because they see an MMO with Kreds. And also, I don’t think that these games actually generate a significant lost on the user amount. It would be really silly to publish this kind of games if they make Kongregate lost users…

Most of the MMO games relay on time rather than skill (or dexerity). Every game title is being made should be played by skill, not time. Why time? Oh, god, why? It would be better if the developers took time to think about what kind of difficulty they’re making rather than just simply make the game without heavy planning.

“Most of the MMO games relay on time rather than skill (or dexerity).”

Such as?

“Every game title is being made should be played by skill, not time.”

All you’re doing is making a statement without reasoning why. The sentences after just continue to relay opinions, instead of providing reason why a city management type of game should not have time as an essential element of the game. As they say, Rome was not built in a day. It’s already pretty fast considering that you can manage to go from 0 population to something around 4k in a matter of a few days.

As for skill, it does take some level of skill to efficiently manage a number of cities. After all, you’re talking about a game where potentially, while your troops are all out and attacking various places, you might just be leaving your own city defenseless against a full scale assault. The fact that it is inherently a PvP MMO means that the skill factor is in the strategies that one will take against his or her opponents. Isn’t that skill enough for you? Or are you defining skill as being one of those things that you can find in like fast paced action packed games? It takes skill to play those, I agree, but those games require a different type of skill, not the type required for this kind of game.

“It would be better if the developers took time to think about what kind of difficulty they’re making…”

What kind of difficulty are they making exactly? You mean that they’re trying to make a little money for a game that you can pretty much do well in without paying for it at all? Think of it this way. I haven’t paid a cent and right now I’m 221 in the rankings according to my profile. I don’t think it’s unfair or difficult if the Kreds are what you’re talking about.

“…rather than just simply make the game without heavy planning.”

I’m pretty sure it’s taken quite a bit of planning and programming to get this game moving. Can you prove otherwise?

Flag Post

How is this game going to be better than Caesary or Evony or Kingory or Travian or Lord of the Realms etc etc etc?

Someone said they like the more exciting feel of this game – shorter build times, and so on. I don’t think this alone is a winning idea. To me this game feels like they took Caesary’s Quarry 5 and chopped it into tiny bitesize bits for the player to click on: Quarry 0.7a, Quarry 0.7b, Quarry 2.1v2.1b. Adding more plots to build buildings doesn’t add more content to the game.

Currently, the game is crippled by way too much flat open territory and hardly any wilderness (at least near my city). It is a 20 minute walk to most any swamp, I haven’t even seen a cave or forest.

In my opinion this game must diverge substantially from its many clones. How about oracles, witches, relics, dungeons, altars — actual stories to be found in the wilderness. Examples can be found in Warlords III, Heroes of Might & Magic I-X, Master of Magic, Age of Wonders… neat locations that can bless armies, reveal treasure maps, allow teleport gates, unleash barbarian hordes, or other goodies.