Questions

2240 posts

Flag Post

This will be your basic Q & A thread to help answer all your TDP4 curiosities. Me and Impulseshadow, along with the rest of the TDP4 community will help answer you. Feel free to ask anything that is related to TDP4, and we will try our best to help answer you. So ask away!

NOTE: Quote the question you wish to answer, so that you wont confuse questions if there are more than 1 at once that are unanswered. Also, please do NOT quote the entire Q&A post, as it is very annoying to others who wish to read.

WARNING!
All inappropriate questions, answers, or posts will be flagged to be removed.

Previously asked questions and their answers will posted here:

Q:How long does it take to level up once you hit 20 and above?
A:~1-3 days per level, but it varies from person to person.

Q: Which is better, the Dragunov or Barret?
A: The Dragunov, as it has a better fire rate and has more ammunition, despite being slightly lower in damage to the Barret.

Q: Should i put stats into Health or Defence?
A: Health is initially better, but as you level up and begin to face the more damaging weapons, the percentage damage drop from defense starts to get really helpful (5% damage reduction per stat point into defense)

Q: Should I save up for a RPD?
A: Yes, but it would be wiser to have an Aug or a M16 as a main weapon before you purchase it.

Q: When is the next update?
A: Unfortunately, the developers do not like to tell us when they update the game, so there is no definite date the game will be updated.

Q: Which is better, SMAW (rocket) or 6G30 (grenade launcher)?
A: The SMAW is better. The SMAW does more damage, but has only a single shot. However, it has a very fast reload of 1 second. The 6G30 fires grenades, which means the ammunition goes in an arc. It has 6 ammo, but a very slow fire rate (1.5s) and reload (3.5s).

Q: Help! Im level ____, and i have a ____, which gun should i save up for next?
A: Answers will be tailored to the user, as everyone uses different guns and have different levels.

Q: Which of these guns are better? The Assassin, PlasmaShocker, or the M249 Saw?
A:Plasma Shocker > Assassin > M249 SAW for damage
Plasma Shocker = Assassin > M249 SAW for speed
Plasma Shocker < Assassin < M249 SAW for cost

Q: How do you earn cash?
A: You earn cash by getting 250 kills in one room, by getting achievements, or by buying them with Kreds.

Q: Why does this thread include rocks in the name?
A: Because it was suggested by a friend who will remain unknown.

Q: How do you figure out how much tournaments give you?
A: A formula was found, which tells you how much you will win in a tournament, regardless of stake or # of players.
0.9([Stake]x[# of players])/[# of players on your team]
ie:
0.9([ 100] coin X [ 4] players)/[ 2] players on the team
360/2 = 180
180 coins for each player on the team.

Q: How do you figure out the Profit you make from a tournament?
A: Using the formula in the question above, simply subtract the amount you bet, with the amount you won in a tournament to find out how much you have earned additionally to your original stake.
Tournament Money – Stake = Profit

Q: What should I do, if players stronger than me are always joining my room, are at the same level, and they wont ever leave?
A: Sorry, not much you can do about that to be honest. just try to tough it out or join a new match and hope for the best.

Q: Do artifacts stack ontop of each other?
A: yes. artifacts do stack
(why else would there be 2 +1 defence arti’s? :P)

Q: *Is there a limit to the number of artifacts you can own?
A: You are only limited by the number of artifacts available in the store (click store tab, then artifacts tab)

Q:
A:

Motto:
Ask a Question, Get an Answer.

Flag Post

Random Milestones:

✔ 1 question answered
✔ 5 questions answered
✔ 10 questions answered

✔ 100+ views
✔ 500+ views
✔ 1000+ views
✔ 2000+ views

✔ Stickied

Goals:

-Organize questions into groups
-Get 10k+ views
-Answer 100+ questions.

Other Goals:

-Get people to realize that i am “Ice” in TDP4

Flag Post

My question. How long does it take to level up once you hit 20 and above?
Oh, and I support this handy-dandy thread. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by ImpulseShadow:

My question. How long does it take to level up once you hit 20 and above?
Oh, and I support this handy-dandy thread. :D

leveling up is quite varying between person to person. weapon, health, and skill level all play a factor in how long it takes, along with how long you want to play too.

my rough estimate for the average player at ~1-2 hours a day would be 2-3 days. 1 day if your especially skilled and get lots of combos.

Flag Post

Hmm, I see. Thanks for the answer.

Flag Post

no problem :]

Flag Post

That was horribly staged.

Ok, would you count the barret to be better or worse then the davgauvav (retarded today)

Flag Post
Originally posted by frogenaer:

That was horribly staged.

Ok, would you count the barret to be better or worse then the davgauvav (retarded today)

ahaha. i actually wasnt expecting impulse to ask the first question TBH.

and if you compare the dragonov and Barret, the barret will obviously win in Power, but the dragunov has much more ammunition and has a significantly faster firerate compared to the barret. if we compared DPS, the dragunov would win. Due to this, the Dragunov is the better gun, even though the Barret has more damage.

(sorta like comparing a benelli to a MP5)

Flag Post

which is better health or defence?

Flag Post

life is better…because the life skill give you 50 hp, defense instead gives you only 5% of shield so we can say that with defense skill you have 5% more life.
defense skill gives you more “life” than health skill only if you have more than 1000 hp but this is impossible because max is 950.

IN CONCLUSION IS BETTER IF YOU REACH 10 SKILL OF HEALTH AND THEN YOU START WITH DEF.
THE SAME THING WITH ARTIFACT

sorry if my english is not good i hope you’ll understand

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkgoarg:

Defence reduces the damage you take, for -5% per point, and health upgrades your Health points and the life you regenerate with med packs.
If you have 100 health, but max defence you are dead with 4-5 shots from aug, if you have 900 health but no defence, you are 5 shots from aug, if it succeed to get its max damage. So as its almost same if you have no defence but full health, and full health but no defence, we can consider them as tied up.
With less words, health and defence are both the same usefull.
But yes, its better to start with health and then go on with defence, or upgrade them the same, for example you level up, you upgrade your health, the next time you level up, you upgrade your defence, and so on.

Flag Post

Should I save up for rpd?

Flag Post
Originally posted by anguishoffaith:

Yes, but first you have to get steyr aug or m16.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wolfbill:

I have both.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wolfbill:

I have both.

Then… To the RPD!!!

Flag Post

I got a question.Since there are new servers when can the next update be on?

Flag Post
Originally posted by mamamia11:

I got a question.Since there are new servers when can the next update be on?

We cant actually tell this for sure, but the sure thing will be the easter sales, and the next update MAY be on that month, because they said that soon they will add more ways to earn coins and cash.

Flag Post

smaw or grenade launcher?

Flag Post
Originally posted by fogbot3:

smaw or grenade launcher?

Smaw: Spam Rocket, 1 ammo, reloads fast
GL: Grenades arch alittle for easy reach on campers on space lab

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkgoarg:

Initially health is better. But health is the same increase every level meanwhile def is an exponential increase. Def artifacts once both are maxed normally > health ones.

SMAW > Grenade launcher.

Flag Post

I would like to thank Wolfbill for helping out with answering questions while i was away from the computer :P

keep the questions coming, folks! :3

Flag Post

I have a mini uzi, less than 1000 gold, and I’m level 3. I don’t know whether I should save up for a MP5 or go for a different weapon other than a submachine gun. What’s your opinion?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zorro327:

I have a mini uzi, less than 1000 gold, and I’m level 3. I don’t know whether I should save up for a MP5 or go for a different weapon other than a submachine gun. What’s your opinion?

This is comepletely up to you, but if i were in your position, i would go for a MP5, then save up for an Aug. the MP5 is significantly stronger than the uzi (~3-4x damage + 50% more ammo)

a MP5 can also be used to face off against higher level users, as they will focus stats into strength and accuracy, leaving their hp to be easy to finished off if you get first strike.

Flag Post

To Zorro327

Go for the MP5 and then save up for AUG.

MP5 is has a good 90 damage, 30 clip, a 0.15 sec shot interval and 3s reload. You can kill lvl 20+ guys with a MP5 when they don’t have much health and gain 10 EXP. (It works well when you camp against higher lvls). However, if you were to use a UZI against lvl20+ guys, don’t even think about it. This is because: 3 UZI Bullets = 1 MP5 Bullet.

So this is when shoot interval become crucial. In the same amount of time, your MP5 will do triple damage and that is how you fight against the higher level and not just staying in noobie maps.

Usually try to get the MP5 as early as possible because you are going to use it for a while before having the stats and money to buy the AUG. One method of gaining money faster to exp is to fight same lvl guys. This way you get 1 COIN and 1 EXP. i know it is a slow process but it works.

Hope this helps give you a better idea of which weapon to buy and use.

Flag Post

the winchester is definitley the thing beetween it and the aug. i say get the winchester first, but i ould be wrong…