LOLMarket guide page 3 (locked)

93 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jayman23:

When is the demand/price updated? every 10 minutes or what? Does it update when the game is off?

As it says in the post, the demand/price changes completly random. It won’t change when you are offline, but can change at any point when you are online. It might do three times in a minute, or not at all for 20. If you want to see more how the price changes from the demand, read the first post =)

Originally posted by chippi:

yea sure, in theory nothing really changes if just take this bad deal, but like in real stock market, you gotta keep money moving, and if you dont sell gems you will have the gems and your own green coins blocked and excluded from new better deals, which brings new profit so you regain the loss of the former one bad deal. just as i said somewhere else: greed is your friend in lolmarket. just be an opportunist there. :)

I see your point, but I think it depends on how many gems and green coins you have, and how much you would lose. If I see a gem I have is on -100 and has -40 demand, I’d probably sell it too because the loss isn’t THAT bad. But if it was much higher than that, and I don’t need the green coins right now, then I would just leave it. But as I wrote in the first post, everyone has their way and none is “the best”. What works for you works for you, and that’s what matters =) Not going to add this specific way of doing though to the first post, since it’s mainly for newbies and I think it’s better to start out with the easy stuff.

Flag Post

I’m not an active Anti-Idler, so what I do is just buy at around 1000 * gem level and sell at around 2000 * gem level. I just check in sometimes when I feel like it and act if possible. I’ve been a bit more active recently in the lolmarket, because I’m going for the last achievement.

Flag Post

I see your point, but I think it depends on how many gems and green coins you have, and how much you would lose. If I see a gem I have is on -100 and has -40 demand, I’d probably sell it too because the loss isn’t THAT bad. But if it was much higher than that, and I don’t need the green coins right now, then I would just leave it. But as I wrote in the first post, everyone has their way and none is “the best”. What works for you works for you, and that’s what matters =) Not going to add this specific way of doing though to the first post, since it’s mainly for newbies and I think it’s better to start out with the easy stuff.

Why make the guide aimed only at newbs? You could easily make a ToC, in the “Strategies” section, have strategies grouped by difficulty/experience “Newbs”, “Lolmarketeers”, “Lolmasters” xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by chaosguard:

Why make the guide aimed only at newbs? You could easily make a ToC, in the “Strategies” section, have strategies grouped by difficulty/experience “Newbs”, “Lolmarketeers”, “Lolmasters” xD

Good point. Also LolMarket Control definitely is an advanced strategy. Shouldn’t be in a newbie guide. Not that it’s bad info tho, so don’t throw it away but maybe create diff difficulty lvls like suggested and put the info there.

Flag Post

i just call my “method” a “reajusting”. it doesnt happen often but when it happens i use this method to reajust profit to that point of low price, yea i might loose coins, but as soon as demand rises again i can sell it all for a kinda “self-payoff”, which is just that loss of coins i achieved by that “reajusting”. but after all, i have my coins back, and i can make a new start at this “gem slot” (what i call it). thats my way of dealing with sudden demand droppings.

Flag Post

The idea of this guide was initially to give some tips to people who don’t naturally get it. As I went a long I came up with more stuff, and once I posted it a lot of people came with good comments so I put it in. I find it to be a much easier thing to comprehend that you can buy a control type to boost the direction something is going in, than it is to decide if it’s worth selling losing on it just to get the socket open and buy new ones on a low price and get higher profit later. Of course there are things in there that a total noob won’t get, but that’s the point. You do what you want with it, read the parts that you like and learn what you want to learn. Perhaps someone more experienced can have an “Aha :O” too, that’s just a bonus.

Flag Post

The idea of this guide was initially to give some tips to people who don’t naturally get it. As I went a long I came up with more stuff, and once I posted it a lot of people came with good comments so I put it in. I find it to be a much easier thing to comprehend that you can buy a control type to boost the direction something is going in, than it is to decide if it’s worth selling losing on it just to get the socket open and buy new ones on a low price and get higher profit later. Of course there are things in there that a total noob won’t get, but that’s the point. You do what you want with it, read the parts that you like and learn what you want to learn. Perhaps someone more experienced can have an “Aha :O” too, that’s just a bonus.

Sure, its a slightly more advanced technique. Doesn’t mean it shouldn’t make the guide :D

I can help you with the formatting and all if you’d like to make it into nice digestible sections as suggested.

I find it to be a much easier thing to comprehend….

Think about it like this, the Lolmarket is all about makeing more money (GC). Money that sits idle for ages on end (because of a loss) gets you nowhere fast. So those that wish to take a more active role in generating revenue can take this approach. Its like going from 5 tree spots to 4… which is fine if your not actively harvesting. Otherwise… major profit loss.

Flag Post

Think about it like this, the Lolmarket is all about makeing more money (GC). Money that sits idle for ages on end (because of a loss) gets you nowhere fast. So those that wish to take a more active role in generating revenue can take this approach. Its like going from 5 tree spots to 4… which is fine if your not actively harvesting. Otherwise… major profit loss.

Of course it is, but you also have to keep in mind this;

You have a lv 4 gem that you bought for say 6k, and the demand dropped while you weren’t looking and it is now worth say 4k. This means you will have a profit loss of 2k. You re-buy the gem for 4k this time, and wait. Once it passes 6k, everything from there would render you profit beyond replacing what you lost, so really until it passes around 7k it’s not doing much for you.

If you guys REALLY want it in there, fine, I’ll put it in there. I just don’t see a lot of people who don’t already understand lolmarket on their own actually using it :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

I’m not an active Anti-Idler, so what I do is just buy at around 1000 * gem level and sell at around 2000 * gem level. I just check in sometimes when I feel like it and act if possible. I’ve been a bit more active recently in the lolmarket, because I’m going for the last achievement.

Lol. COol guide bro. Honestly all 99% of people need

Flag Post

From what ive observed. its best to buy at 1000 x level

sell when its
as buy price.
If your impatient, sell for at least 1000 in profit.

Flag Post

Usually i buy when its anytihng less than 1000 * gem level and the demand is a +. And i sell, like darkruler said, when profit is proportional to gem level… 1000 for lvl 1 is good profit, but youd want at least 2000 for lvl 6, etc.

Flag Post

to get it to a point; there are only two really important rules for lolmarket if youre a scary person:

1. buy all the gems when demand is above “+30”!
2. sell all the gems as soon as demand dropes below “-”!

simple as that. :)

if you like the risk you buy earlier and sell later. hehe xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by chippi:

to get it to a point; there are only two really important rules for lolmarket if youre a scary person:

1. buy all the gems when demand is above “+30”!
2. sell all the gems as soon as demand dropes below “-”!

simple as that. :)

if you like the risk you buy earlier and sell later. hehe xD

my rules are buy at 1100xgem level, sell at profit and – demand.

Flag Post

Hi. I’d like to enlighten you on how control “timer” works. It’s quite simple I guess. When you buy a control, it’ll take exactly 10 LolMarket updates for it to become available again.

Also why didn’t you include that thing I told you before about how it deals with demand when gem price reaches certain levels

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

Hi. I’d like to enlighten you on how control “timer” works. It’s quite simple I guess. When you buy a control, it’ll take exactly 10 LolMarket updates for it to become available again.

Also why didn’t you include that thing I told you before about how it deals with demand when gem price reaches certain levels

I thought it might be something like that, but seriously didn’t want to sit and count. Thanks for finding it. And regarding that, I didn’t quite now how to phrase it without making people just say “blurgh can’t follow * close *”. I had all intentions on putting it in though once I found a way to phrase it that I find easy enough to follow, but now I can’t find it anymore. Wasn’t it a shout? * confused * Do you mind terribly posting it again or sending a shout? I really can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Flag Post

I got the lolmarket last night and noticed that the prices are really low. Like all of them 1000gc low. The demand has been almost all 40’s for a while, but most of them aren’t even in the right price range, so i am making bank right now.

Flag Post

i’ve actually seen the demand at +47 once

Flag Post

Up so people see it, since people are once again asking a lot about it.

Flag Post

I always just search for this. Really useful though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GeneralYouri:

Max demand is indeed +40. Idk how you got to see +56 but that was either an earlier version, a bug, or anything.

It happened to me too that the demand went higher/lower than 40. But It’ll change to 40 after the prices change once. Literally it’s almost useless to try going higher than 40

Flag Post

How many Market contorls can i buy? I bought one and now it’s not showing up anymore, Even though i have more than enough for it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Usmc16:

How many Market contorls can i buy? I bought one and now it’s not showing up anymore, Even though i have more than enough for it.

Oh for heavens sake
Read the Tips! It says there clearly, That the prices have to change 10 times until you can buy another one

Flag Post

I guess I’m just a weird person, but I like to buy gems at high demand, because then the price goes up as well as my profit and I sell them when the demand is going downwards.

Flag Post

Ok, you could’ve just said nicely :(

Flag Post

You could’ve just read the guide :(