formulas 5.1.4.2.2 - edited 09/19/2011 page 9

228 posts

Flag Post

Attack speed: (weapon speed * (1 + armor speed) + raw ally speed) * (1 + skill speed + ability speed + % ally speed) * rage speed * ring speed * buff speed.

Rage speed = 1 + amount of rage * (skill rage speed + ability rage speed)

Ring speed = 1.4 if ring of speed is equipped, 1 otherwise.

Buff speed = 1.5 if Enrage buff is active and you are not potion blocked, 1 otherwise.

All enhancers have the same chances for rarities.

Flag Post

If you don’t mind, I’m making the thing open to edit again, I just don’t have the motivation, so if somebody wants to add the recent info majidian (many thanks by the way), please do it.

hmm, this thread reminds me of old times AI forum, with Draconi, GeneralYouri, trollish Shinki…

Flag Post

I’m going to revive this old thread with a request. Technically it’s not for formula, but I figure it’s the best place to ask since it may involve code-reading.

Back in the day, I had the mission monster list, where you could check where a monster spawned. Now, I may be wrong, but I seem to recall some of that changing when Explosion hit, so it’s out-dated. I kind of hate the fact that some monsters spawn in several zones, and everything from mystic forest to desert (excluding sky) is just a mess for me. So, is there any chance someone would be willing to update the old mission monster list and post a new version?

Or is there some way to check where monsters spawn that I am not familiar with? I know the bestiary lists it, but it only tells one zone as far as I know.

Flag Post

I could brute-force it by staying in one zone and writing down everything I see spawning. There’s a chance I could miss one this way, but I’ll do it if you want me to. I’m curious about the same thing.
Of course, if anyone can code-read and get all of them that way, there’s no need for my method. So I’ll give it a day, I suppose.

Flag Post

Actually, that gives me a rather great idea. I can just make a new test file, where I give myself a lot of YC to buy instas and level up, then hack stats + pixels to get bestiary and survive anywhere, and save that. Then I can just leave it in each zone for an hour, and see exactly what entries it got. Then reset for each test.

Thank you Rellian! =) If you want I’ll post the results.

Flag Post
  • BTZ: enemies 2 to 10
  • ATZ: 2 to 15
  • MF: 16 to 34
  • NF: 35 to 54
  • Sky: 55 to 62
  • Polluted Sky: 55 to 64
  • Deadlands:
    • 65 to 71 (60%)
    • 43 to 48 (24%)
    • 51 to 54 (16%)
  • Desert: 72 to 82
  • Beach: 83 to 97
  • Secret Beach: 87 to 99

To find an enemy by its number, look it up in the IA screen. Or do it the oldschool way by counting in the bestiary screen (every row has 24 entries).

Flag Post

So, deadlands is now the only normal area that spawns enemies from other zones? (Depending on how you see it).

EDIT: Clarified.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

So, deadlands is now the only area that spawns enemies from other zones? (Depending on how you see it).

Spooky graveyard and secret beach?

Flag Post

I dunno if it is from it being like this for such a long time, but for the longest time I was under the impression Deadlands was the only regular area to borrow enemies from somewhere else. Whatever other areas that shared enemies don’t do that anymore, probably since Explosion.

Flag Post

Alright, thanks for confirming. Helps a lot for figuring out how to go about getting 6 in all regular.

Flag Post

Also Fireball/Iceball appear in both DC and PS.
And I would have thought Night Forest borrowed some from Mystic Forest. Oh well.
If that bothers me long enough I may go check for myself. Though I trust Draconi.

Flag Post

It used to, back in the day. I also thought it mystic forest/night forest would share, and that desert spawned some from deadlands, but I suppose that was just pre-explosion.

Flag Post

Business junk:

“Activity” helps determine your score. Whenever you would gain career exp, you gain an equal amount of activity. If the career is active or blessed, you gain double activity.

All times referred to here are seconds only. Online Time is how long you have been online while the business was activated. Offline Time is how long you have been offline while the business was activated.

There are three multipliers in the score formula. The first is equal to Online Time / (Offline Time + 1800). The second is equal to Activity / (Online Time + 1800). The third is equal to the level of the relevant career / 100. The first has a minimum of 0.5, the second and third have a minimum of 0.25. All of them have a maximum of 1.

Your score is equal to floor( [Activity ^ 0.97 * 10 + Online Time ^ 0.9 * 4 + Offline Time ^ 0.7] * mult1 * mult2 * mult3 / 15). This has a maximum of 100 million.

Coin gained is equal to floor(score * 9999 * level / 9001). Exp gained is equal to floor(score * 6999 * level / 9001). Neither are affected by any modifications to exp/coin gained aside from the level 9001 decrease (0.01x).

Career exp gained is equal to your score.

Idler Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain reward progress equal to score. If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 1 million.

If score is 10k or higher, you gain temp boosts equal to floor(score / 10000) with a maximum of 800.

If score is 100k or higher, you gain temp elite boosts equal to floor(score / 100000) * 2 with a maximum of 300.

If score is 1 million or higher, you gain cards equal to floor(score / 500000) with a maximum of 100. 40% chance to get Idlebot, otherwise you get Battery Charger.

Gardener Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain GP and garden exp equal to amount, harvest count equal to floor(amount / 10). Amount is equal to floor(score / 10). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Amount has a maximum of 1 million. You also gain Coin Harvested equal to coin gained from the business.

If score is 10k or higher, you gain Randomfruit equal to score / 100 with a maximum of 10k and Fertilizer equal to floor(score / 10000) with a maximum of 50.

If score is 100k or higher, you gain Mega Fertilizer equal to floor(score / 100000) with a maximum of 50.

If score is 1 million or higher, you gain Autoharvest cards equal to floor(score / 1000000) with a maximum of 100.

Fighter Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain Arena Exp equal to floor(score * 15). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 1 billion. You also gain Arena Kills equal to floor(score / 50).

If score is 10k or higher, you gain Pixels equal to floor(score * 50). If score is 100k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 1 million or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 2.5 billion.

If score is 100k or higher, you have a roughly equal chance of gaining a special buff crystal for any of the three basic buffs. This crystal will have floor(score / 100000) + 5 uses of a 20 minute buff. Maximum of 250 uses.

If score is 1 million or higher, you gain a standard Loot Magnet buff item with floor(score / 100000) + 5 uses. Maximum of 100 uses.

Item Maker Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you have a 30% chance of gaining Enhancer Fragments equal to floor(score / 75) with a maximum of 750000. Otherwise you gain Crafting Material equal to floor(score * 25) with a maximum of 1.5 billion. If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If the score is 100k or higher, the amount is then multiplied by 1.5.

If score is 10k or higher, you have a 30% chance of gaining Crystals of Rarity equal to ceil(score / 50000) with a maximum of 999. Otherwise you gain Superior Crafting Material equal to floor(score / 10000) with a maximum of 10k.

If score is 100k or higher, you have a 30% chance of getting Ultimate Crystals of Rarity equal to floor(score / 100000) with a maximum of 999. Otherwise you gain Unobtainium equal to floor(score / 100000) with a maximum of 1k.

If score is 1 million or higher, you have a 20% chance of getting a Weapon Unique Enhancer that adds attack equal to floor(score / 1000000) with a maximum of 100. Otherwise, you have an equal chance to get an Armor Unique Enhancer that adds defense equal to floor(score / 1000000) with a maximum of 100 OR floor(score / 1000000) with a maximum of 30 Mystery Enhancer Identifiers.

Button Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain Perfect Clicks and Purple Buttons equal to floor(score / 500). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 100k. You also gain Button Clicks equal to floor(score / 5) and Button Breaks equal to floor(score / 1000).

If score is 10k or higher, you have a 30% chance of gaining Awesome Crates equal to floor(score / 10000) with a maximum of 10000. Otherwise you gain Explosion Crates equal to floor(score / 10000) with a maximum of 10000.

If score is 100k or higher, you have a 30% chance of gaining Legendary Boxes equal to floor(score / 100000) with a maximum of 1000. Otherwise you gain Chaos Crates equal to floor(score / 100000) with a maximum of 1000.

If score is 1 million or higher you gain Invincibility Stars equal to floor(score / 1000000) with a maximum of 100.

Arcade Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain Arcade 100k Medals equal to floor(score / 250). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 200k. You also gain Total Score in all games (besides MMR) equal to floor(score * 100).

If score is 100k or higher, you have an equal chance of increasing your highscore in Mindsweeper, Balance 3 or Triangle Count. The maximum is 1.5 million, 2.5 million and 2.7 million, respectively. The new highscore is equal to floor(oldHighscore * [0.105 + random(1) * 0.005]) * 10 + floor(score / 10000) * x. x is 50 for Mindsweeper, 100 otherwise. If the new highscore is lower than the old highscore, nothing happens.

If score is 1 million or higher, you have an equal chance of increasing your highscore in Pong, Ultimate Avoidance, Math Master and Whack-A-Greg. The maximum is 1.5 million, 600k, 700 and 375k, respectively. The new highscore is equal to floor(oldHighscore * [0.105 + random(1) * 0.005]) * 10 + floor(score / 10000) * x. x is 50 for Pong, 20 for UA/MM and 10 for Whack-A-Greg. If the new highscore is lower than the old highscore, nothing happens.

Stadium Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain Stadium Tokens equal to floor(score / 15). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 10 million. You also gain Simple Races Completed and Item Fight Races Completed equal to floor(score / 1000) and Death Matches Completed equal to floor(score / 100000).

If score is 100k or higher and your Highest PWNt score is between 250 and 750, you gain PWNts equal to floor(score / 100000) + 1.

If score is 1 million or higher, you gain Stadium Pro Cards equal to floor(score / 1000000).

FCG Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain FCG Cash equal to floor(score / 20). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 10 million. You also gain Wins against each level up to 7 excluding 5 depending on your score, and FCG Exp equal to floor(score / 300000) * 500 + floor(score / 100000) * 350 + floor(score / 10000) * 250 + floor(score / 6000) * 200 + floor(score / 4000) * 175 + floor(score / 2500) * 150 + floor(score / 1000) * 125.

If score is 100k or higher, you have a 30% chance of gaining Upgraded Awesome Faces equal to ceil(score / 250000) with a maximum of 10. Otherwise you have an equal chance of gaining ceil(score / 250000) with a maximum of 10 Upgraded Code Fu OR Upgraded Mystery Cards.

If score is 1 million or higher, you gain TukkunFCG Power User Cards equal to floor(score / 1000000) with a maximum of 100.

LOLMarket Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain Green Coins and Profit equal to floor(score * 3). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 500 million.

If score is 100k or higher, you gain Demand Master cards equal to ceil(score / 250000). If score is 1 million or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 100.

Adventurer Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain Reputation equal to floor(score / 500). If your reputation is less than -50, you lose that much instead. Maximum of 200k.

If score is 10k or higher, you gain Special Pet Food equal to ceil(score / 15000) * 20 with a maximum of 10k.

If score is 100k or higher, you gain Energy Refills equal to floor(score / 100000) with a maximum of 50.

If score is 1 million or higher, you gain Quick Adventures Cards equal to floor(score / 500000) with a maximum of 100.

Pet Trainer Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you have an equal chance of gaining Randomfruit OR Bacon equal to floor(score / 250). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 100k.

If score is 10k or higher, you gain Special Pet Food equal to ceil(score / 10000) * 20 with a maximum of 20k. Your pets fullness, health and mana are also refilled.

If score is 100k or higher, you have a 30% chance of gaining Elite Pet Food equal to floor(score / 100000) with a maximum of 600. Otherwise you gain the same amount of Regular Pet Food.

If score is 1 million or higher, you always gain 1.5x as much Elite Pet Food, but the maximum is still 600.

Fisher Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain Fishing Mastery equal to floor(score / 50). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 3 million. You also gain Catches equal to floor(score / 1000) and Perfect Catches equal to floor(score / 2000).

If score is 10k or higher, you have a 30% chance of gaining Elite Pet Food equal to ceil(score / 100000) with a maximum of 300. Otherwise you gain the same amount of Elite Energy Drinks.

If score is 100k or higher, you have a 30% chance of gaining Golden Treasure Boxes equal to ceil(score / 250000). Otherwise you gain the same amount of Golden Keys. If score is 1 million or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.5. Maximum of 300.

If score is 1 million or higher, you have a 20% chance of gaining Mega Fertilizers equal to floor(score / 1000000). Otherwise you have an equal chance of gaining the same amount of Fertilizers OR Energy Refills. You also gain Highest Streak equal to floor(score / 1000000), up to a maximum of 30 Streak.

Flag Post

Oh that Majildian of ours.

Flag Post

My short Triangle Count formula.
Your scoring is Multiplier*(timebonus*5,000)+(countbonus*5,000).
Countbonus is:
Correct score: 10
1 away to Correct: 6
2 and higher away to Correct: 4

Timebonus is:
Before hint: 10
After hint: 8
When time ends: 0
Hope this helps!

Flag Post

Your scoring is Multiplier*(timebonus*5,000)+(countbonus*5,000).

That formula is incorrect and completely made up. Also, order of operations. You’re doing it wrong.

The real formula is:

score += floor((70000 + timeBonus * 1000 + skipBonus * 20000 - difference * 20000) * multiplier);

if (difference == 0 && timeBonus >= 5) {
multiplier += 1;
}

timeBonus = Remaining time when you last change your answer in seconds, maximum of 10.
skipBonus = 1 if you press Space before the hint, 0 otherwise.
difference = The difference between your answer and the correct answer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Majildian:

Business junk:

“Activity” helps determine your score. Whenever you would gain career exp, you gain an equal amount of activity. If the career is active or blessed, you gain double activity.

All times referred to here are seconds only. Online Time is how long you have been online while the business was activated. Offline Time is how long you have been offline while the business was activated.

There are three multipliers in the score formula. The first is equal to Online Time / (Offline Time + 1800). The second is equal to Activity / (Online Time + 1800). The third is equal to the level of the relevant career. The first has a minimum of 0.5, the second and third have a minimum of 0.25. All of them have a maximum of 1.

I have a couple of questions about the fomula:

1) If a career is blessed, you gain double EXP for that career. Does that mean that you gain quadrupal Activity (doubled EXP *doubled for active/blessed career)?
2) If the third multiplier is the level of the relevant career, the min/max limits make no sense (either you get 0.25 for not having ever activated the career, or 1 for having activated it at least once (since you get level 1 on 1st activation)). Do you mean career level/100 instead?

Thanks for deciphering and posting the details!

Flag Post

1) Depends on if the career exp you gain is increased by the blessing. The amount shown in breaking news is what gets doubled.
2) Herp derp. Yeah, sorry.

Flag Post

1) Depends on if the career exp you gain is increased by the blessing. The amount shown in breaking news is what gets doubled.
2) Herp derp. Yeah, sorry.

OK, thanks for the update!

Playing with the formula, the one thing that is a little odd is that you actually get better results from having some offline time vs. 100% online. That is, for the same amount of activity, you’re better off being offline for almost 50% of the time (specifically, 1800 seconds less than online, which I guess could be a lot less than 50% depending on how long the business was active) than staying online the whole time. I don’t know if that’s intentional, or just the way things worked out, it just seems odd to get rewarded more for being offline than online.

Flag Post

Extra odd in a game that in every other sense encourages online time.

Flag Post

Erm, no you don’t. If you were online for 10 hours (36000 seconds) and offline for 15 minutes (900 seconds) then it would be 36000 / (900 + 1800) = 13.3, which is reduced to 1.

Flag Post

Erm, no you don’t. If you were online for 10 hours (36000 seconds) and offline for 15 minutes (900 seconds) then it would be 36000 / (900 + 1800) = 13.3, which is reduced to 1.

That’s true, but your Activity is reduced by online time, but not offline time. So if you do 10000 points of Activity in a 10 hour period, you get the following results:

36000 seconds online (10 hours) and 0 seconds offline: 2227 Business Score
0 seconds online and 36000 seconds offline (10 hours): 2580 Business Score (purely theoretical, but included for formula completeness)
3600 seconds online (1 hours) and 32400 seconds offline (9 hours): 2788 Business Score
18900 seconds online (5 hours 15 minutes) and 17100 seconds offline (4 hours 45 minutes): 3382 Business score (this is the max possible given the parameters)

This, you max out your Business score if you are offline exactly 1800 seconds less than you’re online. Also, you need to have at least 1800 activity points more than your online time to hit the maximum potential score for the time you’ve got the business active.

Flag Post

And how is activity reduced by online time?

Flag Post

And how is activity reduced by online time?

Multiplyer 2 is Activity/(Online Time + 1800). Thus, as online time goes up, the multiplyer goes down. Activity isn’t reduced directly, but indirectly it is, since the same amount of activity is multiplied by a smaller value as online time goes up (within the limits set).

Flag Post

That only means you need more activity than time online + 1800.

10000 activity / (36000 seconds + 1800) = 0.26
20000 activity / (36000 seconds + 1800) = 0.52
36000 activity / (36000 seconds + 1800) = 0.95
150000 activity / (36000 seconds + 1800) = 3.97 (actually 1)

So as long as you actually do stuff, it won’t matter what ratio your times are, since it would be quite hard to get less activity than online time while doing stuff related to the business.