Anti-Best Accomplishment of the day-Ninth "Winner" Announced: gordond. (Now on page 76, because the true fail is how little code a post can take before breaking.) page 70

1931 posts

Flag Post

I made the worst Anti-Best Accomplishment ever done:

I wrote in forums: “I’ve never done an Anti-Best Accomplishment.”

I’ve never done an Anti-Best Accomplishment.

Flag Post

Today I got a Firefox crash. Afterwards, the chat.kongregate.com folder was empty. Poof, everything’s gone. Wtf. Curiously, other folders were fine. There was no automatic backup of the folder itself (Win XP).

Fortunately I was somehow able to repair the whole folder, except for one file which was corrupted. I think you can guess which one it is.

Oh well, I’ll just restore from my latest manual backup (5 Jan) and edit back the main progress I’ve done since then :-/
I really should do more backups.

Flag Post

Have you considered using the script that someone posted a while back that updates automatically? I have set windows to run it every day at 2pm, which means I never have to worry about it.

I know it says windows 7, but as long as you adjust the path to fit your save path, it should work.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/60-anti-idle-the-game/topics/292871-automated-save-file-backup-for-windows-7-users

Flag Post

In fact I’m currently moving data across different computers and haven’t reconfigured my scripts (yet…).

“Yeah, I can do it at the end of the week. No problem. No worries. (…) Damn you Murphy.” /stupid

Flag Post

Oh. Well that sucks =P

Flag Post

A few:

1. I lost a few days of my file again, so I’m back to ~4k instead of ~6k.
2. I went back to PC earlier then last time, didn’t anticipate the pixel cost of DR (what’s up with that, anyways?) and ended up losing pixels idling. >_>
3. Oh, I also died at some point over the night in PC. At least I was wearing Protection.
4. Almost forgot, I lost the “Unbelievable Statistic” achievement… again. This will be my 3rd time earning it.

Flag Post

Here’s mine. I saw that I would kill things much faster if I had Z held down in battle arena when idling. So I grab something heavy and lay it on the keyboard on Z. I had recently gotten a new weapon from the pyramid that was much better than my prior one. With the key still held down, I clicked to switch to it. Well, the heavy object happened to be holding down Z… and shift. Bye new weapon. I decided to continue with this plan with my old weapon, and switched from protection, which I had normally idled with, to speed to kill things faster. I leave, come back a few minutes later, and find myself dead from exhaustion and down all 16 rings. Yeah… not trying to trick Tukkun again.

Flag Post

In the future, make sure to protect your items with item protectors. They are free, and while protected they can’t be sold. If you want to remove it, just enhance it again to remove the protected-status.

Flag Post

Spent all morning in Throne Room but I couldn’t get Fairy Godfather to drop his pants. He dropped at least 3 of everything else.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

couldn’t get Fairy Godfather to drop his pants.

Me: Died @ last monster in corruption, 00:00 timer – lost all rings, I mean all of them
:)

Flag Post

Apparently, I reached the update limit for Anti–Idle.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:

Ouch. You mean that you can’t update the game?

Flag Post

This IS an accomplishment, uploading so many updates, this shows how awesome you are!

Flag Post

Time to make a sequel?

Flag Post

Then, we would need to move our savefiles to that one… Savefile transferring beetwen games plz? (The “Arkadian” games did it. You get rewards to another game by finishing achievements. (I wonder, would it be possible for a massive game like this?))Or mayby some secret codes rewarded based on your game accoplishments? (1 for each feature, more for BA.)

Flag Post

I am sure the Kongregate staff would be glad to remove the limit for you.

Flag Post

1)Go idle away
2)Hour later – power outage. After a while, electricity returns… then another outage.
3)Go open game. Stuff is saved. A glitch happens – basic attack automatically happens (no mana cost, yet it was too fast for Auto Fight).
4)Another double power outage
5)…wait. Then play. Bug fixed.
6)ANOTHER DOUBLE POWER OUTAGE
7)…
8)RAGE

Flag Post

I got to level 11 in Tukkun FCG before I saw that defense and attack stats are listed next to your HP. How I never noticed that, I don’t know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Siriah:

I got to level 11 in Tukkun FCG before I saw that defense and attack stats are listed next to your HP. How I never noticed that, I don’t know.

I got to level six before I noticed you could add cards to your deck. It was level 8 that I noticed you got cards for winning.

Flag Post

Record on triangle count today: 599,999 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Flag Post

I ascended 16 times before realized that I can actually get SCM very fast by using low-lvl pikeaxe instead of unobtainium one.

Also, I bought 2 expensive Pong upgrades the day before arcade was “adjusted” and upgrade prices were greatly reduced.

Flag Post

Wait no more updates at all for AI:TG? :o

Flag Post

— said the guy who posted 3 updates later.

Flag Post

I saved my savefile, and DIDN’T lose it for when I needed it. Sounds like an accomplishment? Read on…

…just before making that save, I had fed my pet from scratch to maximum - while forgetting about carreers and business - so I let it die and did it again with business and carreer and my pet was then maxxed. It REALLY cost high in terms of saved items.

Then a few days later I lost a computer and so I restarted with my save … and somehow my pet died from starvation (I’m not quite sure if i neglected it or it died right away when I loaded the old savefile). As this was the only save file I’ve got, there was not getting back the X2 “max a pet from scratch” stuff.

And THAT, my friends, is an epic anti-best accomplishment. But there is MORE!

I wanted to make another achievement lie (I’m going to run out of achievements so I kinda invent some for extra entertainment - an anti-best accomplishment of a no lifer - so sue me). I wanted the “so you’re still doing it?” achievement to tell a lie so I tried to make it exactly enough for the accomplishment and then stop forever … and I missed by having one extra.

My imaginary achievements DON’T give another chance of any kind, so it’s an epic fail this savefile can’t ever recover from…

…which is where I used the backup with the dead pet save to attempt it again! And THAT’S the no-lifer-lifetime-anti-best-accomplishment of epic proportion - going back to a savefile for the purpose of having a chance of earning an imaginary achievement because I cheat at my own imaginary achievement challenges!!!

P.S.: I therefore declare the 4 lights the implements of imaginary achievements for those who MUST have more achievements and crave that “losing is fun!” challenge style. May your lights never indicate you failed forever lest you be tempted to cheat…

Flag Post

Doin’ the daily Triangle-count, got to Level 8 and get the dreaded “How many triangles?”. Getting bored of counting anyway, so I randomly notched it up to somewhere in the 80’s… and was 1 off.

Ok, next level is how many white triangles, with a big “Watch carefully!” at the start. I can’t be bothered and stick it somewhere in the 50’s. Again, 1 off.

This is getting silly, level 10 asks how many triangles, I take another random high guess, and it’s 1 off AGAIN.

With a score somewhere north of 7 million but no lives left, this next one is gonna be it for sure. It asks how black triangles move right, so I stick it at 26. DEAD ON.

So why is this in the anti-accomplishment thread? Because being completely bored of triangle-counting by now, I decide to lock in my score by not guessing anymore and just letting the animation run while I chat with a friend in IM. He links me to something, and I click it. And apparently the browser couldn’t handle the distraction of firing up that new tab, because when I came back to the AI tab… “THERE IS TOO MUCH LAG AND YOU CAN’T PLAY THE ARCADE. CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE MENU.”

Oh and just to put the extra-thick icing on that failcake, I had just managed to random-career-potion myself 20 minutes of Arcade blessing to fill the Random Quest “get 2500 Arcade career points.” I wonder how many that score would’ve got me…

btw, it doesn’t appear that this thread is tidily linkable from other threads. The URL is too long. Bravo, the failthread itself is a fail!