Anti-Best Accomplishment of the day-Ninth "Winner" Announced: gordond. (Now on page 76, because the true fail is how little code a post can take before breaking.) page 72

1927 posts

Flag Post

Got the alien earring on first try, got deleted due to full inventory.

Flag Post

My 4lc got deleted due to full inventory.

Flag Post

I opened 5000 progress boxes and I forgot to use 1.5x exp. At least I remembered the +800% temp max boost. Sigh…

Flag Post

I was looking for something and found this message I posted 3 years ago. It’s quite depressing.

Flag Post

a) much closer to 2 years ago b) how/why does that depress you?

GOod for you to tell off a “code reader” those guys cheapen the game.

Flag Post

Because he is a code reader himself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by savag3blow:

Because he is a code reader himself.

Well, he changed then. Unfortunate

Flag Post

So, I decided to delete the cookies, but before I did that, I copied chat.kongregate.com AND assets.kongregate.com to make sure my AI:TG save won’t go to waste.

Guess what I found when I came back to the game? Yes, that’s right, the save file was gone. And why?

Because IT WASN’T IN THE TWO FOLDERS I COPYPASTED.

I double-checked both folders, and it seems like AI:TG started to put my save in another one that I didn’t notice. So, I copied a bunch of game saves that I probably won’t use for a while (if I’ll ever use them at all), and let the one that REALLY mattered down the f***ing drain. Nice job, me, now you’re back in square one. >.<

Flag Post

Level 6k into an impossible I was thinking on how slow it was going, realized that I forgot to buy my epic skills .

Flag Post

Couldn’t figure out how to back up save file when I first started playing. Got a tad nervous when at around 2500 (Lv) when I accidentally clicked save slot 1 (I always play on zero) and saw I was starting over. After that experience Ii head over to the boards determined to find a way to back up my file. Look around for about an hour and nothing that I try is yielding a save-able file marked A: TG 0 like every other player swears there should be. Give up and go back to playing hoping nothing bad happens.

Something bad happens…

So when chome does its normal update im like awesome better chrome… until it launches AI, savefiles gone, flash save magic/curse (at 3300 by then and feeling like I finally got the hang of it). So I try not to rage to hard blaming myself for not looking harder for a way to back up my save. Before I even restart my game (still addicted to it) I google AI and ways to back up saves, I eventually find and obscure site that has a hidden way that works backwards… whatever job done game restarted.

Skip to 30+ days later ok got basically back to where I was on my 2 month original save (not all the levels but ahead of the game in all sorts of coins), backing up my save every day or 2 or whenever I go something accomplished.
See chrome needs update
Back up save
Hit the little arrow
Wait for it to do its thing and relaunch
Open AI see that i am not a lv1
OK so it didnt reset this time
WAIT WHAT LV 3300?!?

So apparently replacing month old save files that don’t physically exist anymore on my computer, is well within the possible when the magic of flash is applied

TL;DR Original save file comes back from the dead after a month of not existing

Flag Post

It didn’t not exist. Chrome simply changed where it stores files, so you could have simply moved the old file from the folder to the new folder

Flag Post

Im not too tech savvy but the process of backwards tracking search of the temp file then sourcing its creator to find the host file should only yield one possible location, i think what happened is chrome saved a backup in case my update failed and when i hard restarted my comp somehow that triggered the backup to be released.

Plus i only have one kong file of saves tried to find others before posting this

Flag Post

No, What I’m saying is that Chrome switched where it stored files a while back, but now its back to normal.

Flag Post

Not sure whether this is the best thread for this, but… seriously, Mindsweeper? Seriously?

Flag Post

that looks like some sort of an evil maze with no way through!

Flag Post

Finally finished farming a Knightmare set worthy of fusing into my Chaos, started enhancing it, only to find I have run out of Enhancer Fragments before even getting halfway done…

Flag Post

I’ve been apoc revive mining for several days now. Still only have 2 SI-Class bonus enhancers. _

Flag Post

Can they only drop from apoc mining? If so, casual or hc?

Flag Post

[S] [I] from HCApoc, [I] from Casual Apoc or HCWM, [S] from Casual WM.

EDIT for below: No, they can appear from any level 9001 mob in those situations.

Flag Post

I assume ur talking about mining still?

Flag Post

Opened about 5k progress boxes before realizing I didn’t have on 1.5x exp. =[
THEN as if I didn’t learn my lesson,
next Ascension I ate up about 25k randomfruit before remembering to put it on as well :c

Flag Post

Totally on accident.
/RAGE
/RAGE
/10X
/RAGE

Flag Post

Sold my pickaxe while saving PoMs for a better one and sold a part of my pre-endgame set accidentally.

Flag Post

probably that i tried HC WM CHAOS every day for quite long time until i ragequitted this game and now not sure if continue or not because i still dont believe i can get them…
i fail

Flag Post

first time I have scored under 600 points on this save in death match, and all because the blue guy jipped 2 of my kills right near the end…