Frequently Asked Questions & Ask stupid questions here! page 260

9181 posts

Flag Post

What is location for level 1 Strange Box? I have bestiary entry (showing Unknown Location) with 81 kills and invisible ally for this monster but no idea where it is from.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Neptune2:

What is location for level 1 Strange Box? I have bestiary entry (showing Unknown Location) with 81 kills and invisible ally for this monster but no idea where it is from.

Isn’t it from any area? I seem to recall List of Changes claiming that the box would appear randomly while idling anywhere.

 
Flag Post

Alrighty, I have a question (obviously).

What are the differences between the different types of “Ascension”? For example, what is Impossible Ascension, and how is it different from regular Ascension?

I can find guides that sort of say how to achieve these ascensions, but none ever flat-out say what the differences are between them. Can someone explain to me the differences/give me a link that explains the differences in simple terms? I’m talking explain-it-to-me-like-I’m-a-complete-idiot simple.

Thank-you!

 
Flag Post

There are two key differences. The first and most obvious is difficulty. Normal (regular) is easiest, hard is medium and impossible is the hardest. Hard and Impossible require more experience to complete, and you have penalties.

The second difference is that you get more temporary perk points from hard/imp. You get 7 for impossible, and 3 or 4 for hard (can’t remember).

You can read more on the penalties here.

 
Flag Post

Thank-you for the info! I still need a little clarification, though.
Is there an option that you click to choose which ascension your working for? I’m confused as to how you know which one you are in the running for.

 
Flag Post

You’re on Medium for your first 5, then you have options as you ascend. You can tell which one you’re on by the colour of your star – yellow is Medium, orange is Hard, purple is Impossible.

 
Flag Post

tukkun do you earn any money for making this game?

 
Flag Post

Tukkun earns 0, hence why he asks that you don’t donate Kreds for the game.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

Tukkun earns 0, hence why he asks that you don’t donate Kreds for the game.

You can’t donate kreds any more, anyways. Also, Tukkun’s said somewhere else on the site roughly what he earns, and it’s not zero.

Originally posted by askan99:

tukkun do you earn any money for making this game?

I missed the part where that was any of your business.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

You’re on Medium for your first 5, then you have options as you ascend. You can tell which one you’re on by the colour of your star – yellow is Medium, orange is Hard, purple is Impossible.

Thank-you very much! -

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I missed the part where that was any of your business.

It’s human nature to be curious. Asking is hardly a crime. Repeatedly nagging once told not to is, but I fail to see the problem in asking once. This person is hardly the first, and most likely not the last. AI is a successful game, people wonder.

Besides, if you don’t want people to be curious, dropping hints is not the right way to go about it. Just saying.

 
Flag Post

Curiosity is fine, but it crosses a line. I’d be curious about random users family situations, country of origin, etc but I don’t ask because it’s disrespectful, rude and invasive.

 
Flag Post

Anybody know the spawn rate of the strange box (inside and outside of TL), and what zones it can’t spawn in (besides raids)?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by crazye97:

Tukkun earns 0, hence why he asks that you don’t donate Kreds for the game.

You can’t donate kreds any more, anyways. Also, Tukkun’s said somewhere else on the site roughly what he earns, and it’s not zero.

Is that so? Well, I haven’t seen that. Thanks for the info.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I agree on that I would not do so myself. But honestly, if you don’t want curious invasive questions, you shouldn’t become an internet celebrity. Which Tukkun is, in small scale, in this weird little world we call AI community.

 
Flag Post

How do I so called ‘ascend’?

 
Flag Post

How do I allow the game to continue if the window is minimized?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by RyanT4:

How do I so called ‘ascend’?

1. Reach level 9000 and rank 200(maybe it’s 300?)
2. Feed the dragon 200 times in one day
3. Grab the sword
4. Kill the ascendant

Originally posted by stevebat:

How do I allow the game to continue if the window is minimized?

You don’t.

What’s AWOD?

 
Flag Post

More detailed information on how to ascend can be found in the sticky “List of Abbreviations / Terms”, in the section called Game terms – General / Features.

 
Flag Post

I’m curious if there is any actual, useful information about Triangle Apocalypse part 2 anywhere public, preferably in game. Considering all I have to work with is some very vague text for an event quest and some post insinuating that we have a limited number of kills to get certain invisible allies, I don’t exactly want to “start” doing anything until there’s some kind of info. This whole “oh, there’s something new, but you don’t get any info on it” thing is pretty old at this point.

The only thing I can glean from the quest text is that it may want me to go to Triangle Hideout— which isn’t happening right now since I’m in the middle of a Hard ascension, and I know that place isn’t meant for low levels.

 
Flag Post

If you’re doing EQ2, it’s not in the Hideout. It’s in Epic Skills screen. Regardless, when you do get the Hideout quest you should just give it a try. There’s no penalty for losing. I’m on imp ascension and was using full crit + DR for idling, I forgot to equip attack gear and got around to killing 10 (quest asks you for 5).

TL: 2011 has a 100 kill limit per day. After you reach it, AWOD appears and you have to leave, and you won’t be able to reenter until next day.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

If you’re doing EQ2, it’s not in the Hideout. It’s in Epic Skills screen. Regardless, when you do get the Hideout quest you should just give it a try. There’s no penalty for losing. I’m on imp ascension and was using full crit + DR for idling, I forgot to equip attack gear and got around to killing 10 (quest asks you for 5).

TL: 2011 has a 100 kill limit per day. After you reach it, AWOD appears and you have to leave, and you won’t be able to reenter until next day.

Hmm, okay, that helps immensely, thanks. A little information goes a long way, and the implication of what little I’ve seen posted made things seem worse than they are. It might have helped to try to look around a bit in game, but working 55 or so hours a week leaves little time for screwing around, unfortunately.

 
Flag Post

Hey there. Sorry for asking this but I can’t find it on the guide. Which is the max garden xp seed #52 can give?
Also, the more I harvest a particular seed, more seeds of it I will gain?

 
Flag Post

So i was wondering, if you get to TL 2011, but go to other places quickly (as in before the AWOD appears xD ) , would there spawn new mobs there too ?

I guess what i’m asking is, “are there new mobs in the other 2011 areas other than TL” ?

 
Flag Post

No there are not. You shouldn’t be able to get to any of the other places until AWOD comes.