Frequently Asked Questions & Ask stupid questions here! page 281

9220 posts

Flag Post

Thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LUIGIYOSHI11:
Originally posted by Battenberger:

What does Bacon do?

Used to feed robocon, basically a second hitter at the start of each fight.

and your pet
What do you press if you want to search for hidden files on your mac? I don’t see a button anywhere in Finder.

Flag Post

For Mac, open your Terminal (use Spotlight) and type:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

now click enter and write:
killall Finder

click enter again, this should do it.

Flag Post

The answers to this seem to be quite varied, so I suppose it deserves a little discussion.

At about level 1000, what is the best investment that can be made with coins for a new player?

I know I’ve seen suggestions of getting fishing first and putting all your money into that, buy garden plots first, and get 1 or 2 in every epic skill before doing anything else. I’ve never seen anyone say careers are worth it at that point, nor has there been much said about the doom ant sprayer. I’ve seen someone say you should get a pet at level 900 and someone else say you should wait until at least level 3000.

I don’t doubt that there is a situation for many different plans, but to a new player, all of these things seem quite expensive and nearly impossible to sort out.

What would any of the more experienced types suggest for us newbies to spend our coins on?

Flag Post

Garden Plots, Epic Skills. Fishing can wait a bit, as it’s hugely expensive later on. Pets should wait for a while as well, until you have enough currencies saved up to feed it. Careers are okay to use, as long as you don’t use too many at once.

Flag Post

My personal order of preference:

1. Put 1 point in every epic skill
  2. Have 1 career activated, maybe 2
  3. Add Garden plots (Most of the time I found I was limited by GP and not YC when it came to garden plots)
  4. Unlock fishing but don’t invest too many YC unless you’re really into it
  5. Add more points in epic skills, up to max
  6. Buy pet, if you can afford to keep it fed :)
  7. Add Another Garden plots, if applicable
  8. Have 2-4 careers activated
  9. Doom ant sprayer
  10. Feed the dragon to get dragon boosts
  11. Further fishing investment
  12. Other stuff (strange machine for earrings, chaos boxes, insta-prog)

However, it’s been a very long time since I was in this situation. So, 1) I might not remember correctly and 2) there have been numerous changes to the game since then…

Flag Post

A wild noob appears
I suck at making FCG decks. How do I do this effectively?

Flag Post

What and how do you mine?

Flag Post

I’m level 2150 or so, and I seem to be running out of things to buy with green and blue coins. I’ve emptied the feature shop, aside from the doom ant sprayer (YC anyways), and now what else remains all seems to be YC driven. Another Garden plots (have 6 so far), Epic skills (13, 10, 2, 2, 2, 2), Fishing (level 8), Careers (38, 42, 24, 19, 86, 0, 0, 14, 16, 15, 37, 16) and Dragon boost (26%) all take yellow coins. I do still need a bunch of green coins for the progress bar extension, but honestly, it almost feels like a waste once I’m past about 600%, especially since I have enough blue coins sitting around to make sure I always have idlebot on. I haven’t fed my pet a ton of gems yet, but maxing it out would take less than the amount of GC I have on hand, I just didn’t want to dent the lolmarket profit I have until I hit max capacity for it. Is there something I don’t know about that uses green coins? And is there a better use for blue coins now than just buying whichever of the cards I don’t have up that I’m focusing on that day (usually autoharvest & demand master in addition to idlebot)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by somdude04:

I’m level 2150 or so, and I seem to be running out of things to buy with green and blue coins. I’ve emptied the feature shop, aside from the doom ant sprayer (YC anyways), and now what else remains all seems to be YC driven. Another Garden plots (have 6 so far), Epic skills (13, 10, 2, 2, 2, 2), Fishing (level 8), Careers (38, 42, 24, 19, 86, 0, 0, 14, 16, 15, 37, 16) and Dragon boost (26%) all take yellow coins. I do still need a bunch of green coins for the progress bar extension, but honestly, it almost feels like a waste once I’m past about 600%, especially since I have enough blue coins sitting around to make sure I always have idlebot on. I haven’t fed my pet a ton of gems yet, but maxing it out would take less than the amount of GC I have on hand, I just didn’t want to dent the lolmarket profit I have until I hit max capacity for it. Is there something I don’t know about that uses green coins? And is there a better use for blue coins now than just buying whichever of the cards I don’t have up that I’m focusing on that day (usually autoharvest & demand master in addition to idlebot)?

Use green coins on Gamblers Boxes, blue coins on the 20x packs of Legendary Boxes. Also did you get Technical Lights?

Flag Post

You’ll still want to get to 1000% PBE, which is useful if you’re busy holding a key against bosses and not moving the mouse. Also, a suggestion for Epic Skills – max out Double Progress before the rest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WhatAFailure:

A wild noob appears
I suck at making FCG decks. How do I do this effectively?

there is a guide about making FCG decks here but i would suggest to use te decks in this .

Flag Post

I have 11 of 11 Daily Bonus Restore. How do I use them?

Flag Post
Originally posted by statue023:

I have 11 of 11 Daily Bonus Restore. How do I use them?

You don’t. That’s just showing your Current / Max daily bonus. If you had something like 1/30, then you can buy the item and restore it to 30/30.

Flag Post

Thanks!

Flag Post

Is negative Adventure reputation useful in any way? I went negative for the faster route to the achievements and the other bonuses (Illegal BC, Harvest the Tree, etc.), and I was expecting to be able to use it in the Awesome Adventure shop, but apparently you can’t…

Flag Post
Originally posted by ephraim242:

Is negative Adventure reputation useful in any way? I went negative for the faster route to the achievements and the other bonuses (Illegal BC, Harvest the Tree, etc.), and I was expecting to be able to use it in the Awesome Adventure shop, but apparently you can’t…

Can’t use it in the shop, for EXP gains it’s the same as Positive rep (the formula uses absolute value) and it does lower the cost of Progress Bar extensions but it’s not really useful unless you get something like 10k rep. It also increases the chance you won’t gain XP when buying it from the EXP Merchant.

You may find Draconi’s Awesome Adventures guide useful: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/60-anti-idle-the-game/topics/291715-awesome-adventures-script-v1503

Flag Post

Another benefit to having positive rep is that it goes together with some of the more useful adventures (for example, the ability to buy SCM or Unob, or getting a free +2 rep if you’ve maxed out the progress bar extensions)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Toa_of_Pi:

getting a free +2 rep if you’ve maxed out the progress bar extensions)

Do you lose GC if you chose that option? Never tried since I didn’t want to risk it.

Flag Post

No, hence…

free +2 rep

Flag Post

I know I’ve come across a guide to what each of the seeds in Another Garden do (not just how to breed them, but a description of their effects), but I can’t find it by searching. Can anyone help me out with a link?

Flag Post

How exactly does the ban system work? I don’t get it, because I believe your Anti Idle stuff isn’t stored online.

Flag Post

How do I… be awesome?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Koveryl:

How exactly does the ban system work? I don’t get it, because I believe your Anti Idle stuff isn’t stored online.

Tukkun looks at the high scores and manually gives a ban.

Flag Post

I can’t find my savefile. Mac OSX, search for hidden files is active. Inside chat.kongregate.com and there is no antiIdle. When doing a computer wide search, there is still no antiIdle.

Images plus links incase they don’t work

Within chat.kongregate.com

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/chatkong.png/

Computer wide search

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/searchvy.png/