MEGATHREAD: Battle Arena page 243

10802 posts

Flag Post

should i make 2 sets of chaos 1 full attack and 1 full crit so i can shift if i idle with DR or antiidle with FG?

Flag Post

Im still new so need some advise 111 rank in ba using enchanted leather with a fused dark temple sword atm when i afk idle and a +3 bow when im around with 50 pixel/coin ring on. My invis pet isnt mastered yet hes like 6500 airspirit. Would like to know what i should be aiming for ive spent most of my pixels on attack so far. On causal i can idle in the desert with my bow on for that sand guy, otherwise deadlands

Flag Post
Originally posted by oskar_25:

should i make 2 sets of chaos 1 full attack and 1 full crit so i can shift if i idle with DR or antiidle with FG?

Well you wouldn’t need to change your set really for this scenario, but having a crit and attack set, although a TON of work, is actually a great idea. If you’re up for it.

Edit: I need to do the mystic path quest still and am looking for a formula to calculate how long I can idle there. I am just trying to make myself an excel sheet for the damage resistance required to idle for x amount of time (I assume a game tick is 1 second). Can someone check my math? I am getting some funky numbers and am embarrassed by how far removed I am from simple algebra. The original formula is:

Drown Damage = (((ticks * 100) – damageResist / 3) * (100 – damageResistPct / 3) / 100) or
D = (((T*100) – R / 3) * (100 – PR / 3) / 100

I believe I isolated the Damage resist® variable with this formula, given that I know my base damage resist percentage (PR), can enter in the time (T) assuming 1 tick = 1 second, and can enter my current hp in the damage (D) portion as an indicator of how much damage I can take and survive (understanding this is based on me maintaining full hp, so regen isn’t taken into account).

-(3(D) / (T(100-PR/3))) = R

If someone could show the correct solution, I would greatly appreciate it if they could show steps as well to help refresh me. I think I illegally removed parenthesis on the step requiring you to separate T and R.

Flag Post

Depending on how far in the game you are, I would wait. For example, I was working on that but decided to stop and save it for when I get CHAOS. It’s a lot of work to have to do again within a near future.

It is a good idea though. Not just for FG/DR, but also for WM/normal.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Beeshrine09:

drown damage = (OxygenPenalty – 20) * (OxygenPenalty – 30) = OP^2 – 50 OP + 600

OxygenPenalty = 1 sec timer.

I suggest you check for how much damage you can resist before your HP regen starts to go lower than drown damage. Since resist against drown is 1/3 we have

Regen = (DrownDamage – Resist / 3) * (1 – ResistPct / 3)

This is the solution you’ve asked earlier (x = oxygen penalty, y = resist, z = resist%). Since it’s sort of ugly, I’d rather go with the above (find drown damage based on your data and then find oxygen penalty, instead of trying to find oxygen penalty directly).

Flag Post

What mystery enchancers are useless? I have way too much space taken up by them.

Is it evasion and defense (armor)?

Flag Post

Everything but attack and crit damage on armor are useless in almost all cases.

Flag Post

i prefer to have some evasion on SC/TH sets (pieces) not sure if anyone agrees though…

Flag Post

I have a HP piece and a Evasion piece for all my armor sets. I don’t see a reason not to make one if one is dealing with identified mystery enhancers, as you will get plenty of those rocks while looking for attack/crit.

Flag Post

What happen when time reach 00:00 ??, in example in Polluted Sky zone with a time of 45:00 min

Flag Post

So, at one point I saw it basically described how accessories level up, but for the life of me I don’t remember where or how long ago I read it. Does anyone know if there are other factors that affect how fast an accessory levels up besides the exp per level? My Empowering Gem seems to have increasing exp per level requirements as it gets higher, but I almost seem to recall something about the level of the player or monsters that one is defeating having an impact as well. Is that true, or is my memory warping the truth due to time passage?

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterwood:

What happen when time reach 00:00 ??, in example in Polluted Sky zone with a time of 45:00 min

You will be sent to Ye Olde Pub. There are a few exceptions to this, such as No Copyright Infrigement, where you will be sent to Pokayman City.

If I’m not recalling incorrectly, Polluted Sky, Volcano Peak, Frosty Zone and Pirate Ship Interior all land you at the pub when the timer runs out.

Originally posted by Almandaragal:
My Empowering Gem seems to have increasing exp per level requirements as it gets higher,

That’s because it does. I’m not sure if trinkets require more exp or if it’s just that they gain less, I don’t remember. You are right that the level of monster also matters for if they gain exp or not.

I’ll try to find the post by Draconi that lists the exp part.

EDIT: Found the post about level here. Two posts below he also explains how the monster thing works.

Originally posted by Beeshrine09:

Finalizers can no longer push an item over 3k attack right?

I would also love to know this.

Flag Post

So, protection skill maxed basically means that you have the protection ring on all the time, without the invincibility buff chance? Because, if that’s so, I’m uncertain of why that skill is sometimes overlooked.

Flag Post

Many higher level characters are so strong that barely anything kills them, so they have no need to nullify the death penalty. In addition, the exp penalty doesn’t affect them, and rings are very easily regained.

Flag Post

Main reason i dont do protection skill all the time is i need the SP for other skills… if we had like 2000 more SP maybe i would use it

Flag Post

How is damage dealt in Battle Arena calculated? Or to make it easier taking the Min/Maxdamage from the Stat Screen, what is the formula to calculate the dmg actually done to the enemy? I would like to do a comparison between several equipment sets. Would be really nice if anyone could help me here.

Flag Post

Stats in damage formula pretty much multiply each other, so you don’t even need to know the damage output to compare different sets. For example, say you have a set with 500 attack and 500 critical, and a set with 900 attack and 300 critical.

900/500 = 1.8x
300/500 = 0.6x

So the second set is 1.8 * 0.6 = 1.08x as strong as the first one.

Flag Post

Whats the best way to grind Superior crafting materials while idled? And when anti-idled as well I guess.

Flag Post

Use this to find an area with high rare chance, and use Rare Rate bonus if needed. Bosses have higher chance to drop SCM, so in areas full of them you can have lower drop rate.

Most people agree that it’s a better idea to go to an area with high epic chance, since Epic enemies drop SCM and also Unobtainium, and also have 2x drop rate compared to rare enemies. The best place to idle in WM is probably NCI, but if you can’t handle it LL isn’t bad, either.

Flag Post

First of all, thanks Draconi for the answer. If the stats are multiplied, I have some more questions. If i remember right, you should have about 2 times as much equipment attack as critdamage, but what about stats like Non/Bossdmg or Elements? Do they stack multiplicative or additive? I dont think it’s this easy to compare sets that are pretty close to each other and it’s even harder to get things like FG in the calculation because the Dmg part is something that you will change with Rings/IAs. I appreciate your answer but i would like to look at it a bit more deeply. Maybe I can try to decompile the gamefile and look at the code itself.

Flag Post

Everything multiplies each other as shown in the Stat screen, with the exception of Rage Attack and Elements (add 100% to them).

Note: that’s considering enemy defense is low enough it can be ignored.

Flag Post

What’s the deal with scary graveyard? I’m fairly new, i.e < lvl 200 and just noticed that the only damage greater than 1 (excepting crits of 2 lol) seems to be dealt by whatever invisible ally I have equipped. Is there a reason?

Flag Post

Everything there is a zombie, as denoted by the white health bar. In general, to deal damage to zombies you need to use the Heal skill.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruchs:

What’s the deal with scary graveyard? I’m fairly new, i.e < lvl 200 and just noticed that the only damage greater than 1 (excepting crits of 2 lol) seems to be dealt by whatever invisible ally I have equipped. Is there a reason?

They’re zombies, you have to use heal.

Any time the monsters up bar is white it means they’re a zombie.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruchs:

All the monsters in that area are undead, and therefore have a good resistance to physical damage. Try using the heal spell. (White HP bars means undead)