MEGATHREAD: Battle Arena page 308

10815 posts

Flag Post

What, personally, do you do with your pixels once you can’t use them to upgrade stats anymore? I have over 6 billion pixels and I’m deciding whether to make a super weapon with them or to spend them on the worst moon gem.

 
Flag Post

I bought a WM Gem, just in case, since you never know. I don’t spend them on much, aside from when I choose to change bonuses, since I don’t have 2+ sets of gear. I have 73.3B Pixels (banked).

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by rriparetti:

Just tried it. way too hard. If I had the choice between mastering all my IAs from SI or -infinity(all mastered) which one would you do? -infinity gives constant like 100k-150k xp every 3 seconds or so with WM spawning

Personally, I think that if you can idle SI, you don’t really need to go back to -infinity. So I would recommend mastering the SI ones instead.

 
Flag Post

Does anyone know how CHAOS’ green aura works? I seem to make him regenerate way more hp/hit than what I can do in damage without the aura.

Also, how does the attack boost from mana power work? Is it based on your max or current mp?

 
Flag Post

It heals 3x the damage you deal.

Mana Power is based on your current MP, which is why it takes a percentage of it ((current – 2000) / 100) and gives an extra multiplier of said value divided by 50000.

 
Flag Post

do Robacon’s final 3 skills apply even if he doesn’t attack the target, like Dark Pyramid?

 
Flag Post

Does the Bacon Sword have hidden bonuses?

Also if you can afford it, is the gem of eternal rage worth it? It seems like having rage at 100 all the time would be awesome for grinding.

 
Flag Post

No Robacon skills work in Pyramid.

Bacon Sword’s only non-visible bonus is that, when equipped to Robacon, Robacon uses no Bacon.

Some people say yes, Eternal Rage is worth it. I don’t recall where.

 
Flag Post

Eternal Rage can be good for WM. For normal grinding you’re better off getting a high rank + high unob trinket, and putting rage depletion on it. Combined with the robacon bonus rage, this can keep you at 100% rage as well.

 
Flag Post

Are the wizard set and emperor’s clothes useful for anything, in a practical sense? I know that high rank = higher bonuses, but I can’t think of a situation where it’d be worth the loss in stats. Even if you fuse them it’s still a cut in stats from fusing two high-stat items.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Mechald:

Are the wizard set and emperor’s clothes useful for anything, in a practical sense? I know that high rank = higher bonuses, but I can’t think of a situation where it’d be worth the loss in stats. Even if you fuse them it’s still a cut in stats from fusing two high-stat items.

They are quite useful in places where bonuses are important but stats are not: MP-farming with a pickaxe is one situation that comes to mind, DP farming in WM mode is another. Once you have Unob20 CHAOS that becomes a moot point, but I’d imagine that by that time you’d know most of this already anyway.

 
Flag Post

Ok so I just got 50k unob. what would be better yellow madness gem or gem of eternal rage? Or rather what are the pros and cons of each.

I never really got a clear answer and definitely don’t want to make a bad decision.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoverBoy:

Ok so I just got 50k unob. what would be better yellow madness gem or gem of eternal rage? Or rather what are the pros and cons of each.

I never really got a clear answer and definitely don’t want to make a bad decision.

Take the Gem of Eternal Rage, there isn’t really a contest.

Yellow Madness Gem provides boosted Rare Rate, nulls the EXP penalty against yellow mobs, and increases EXP rate in general.
Pro: ..it’s good for…pyramid, I guess?
Cons: A good Dominator Gem or Mega Triangle Gem can fulfill this role too.

Gem of Eternal Rage sets your Rage to 100%, meaning that you always get the full “Rage Power” and “Panic / Rage Speed” modifiers.
Pro: Eternal rage! What’s not to love?
Cons: You don’t have your trinket slot open, meaning that the BEST place to use this is the place where you can’t(When you need the WM Gem so that you can have your Invisible Ally slot open).

 
Flag Post

Cons: A good Dominator Gem or Mega Triangle Gem can fulfill this role too.

Not true. If enemy has yellow name there’s nothing that can increase exp gain better than yellow madness gem. It affects a completely different multiplier than other bonuses and it effectively increases exp gain by at least 1.12×.

 
Flag Post

Yellow madness gem says “And makes rare monsters more likely to appear!”. Doesn’t that mean it boosts rare rate?

 
Flag Post

Sweet thanks for the input went with the gem and its awesome!

 
Flag Post

Does the neon skin ONLY drop in apoc. mode? I was searching the forums and I think it can be found at the hideout in regular but i’m not sure.

 
Flag Post

It does not exclusively drop in Apocalypse mode.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoverBoy:

Does the neon skin ONLY drop in apoc. mode? I was searching the forums and I think it can be found at the hideout in regular but i’m not sure.

Doing it in Apoc just increases the unob enhancement on it (unob7 for hc/apoc afaik, I haven’t actually managed to get one in apoc)

 
Flag Post

Out of curiosity, is there anything (other than pure luck and the type of pickaxe being used) that influences the initial stats of the various colored loot armors dropped by Secret Crystals? Wondering about this because awhile ago I got a full set of rank 70 blue armor of loot that all had high speed bonuses (4 of the pieces had attack speed stats of at least 40%). Since then (currently rank 256) every other piece of loot armor I’ve gotten has completely lacked any attack speed stat (excepting 2 pieces of rank 500 purple loot armor that I just got a few minutes ago).

 
Flag Post

Rank will always be 30 + enemy level / 20, with Green being <= 250, Blue between 70 and 360 and Purple between 120 and 500. With HC or WM, 50% chance of Attack between 1-60, Speed 1-10, 20% chance of Critical 1-30, Accuracy 1-30, HP 1-30, 80% chance (HC or WM not needed) of Defense 31-150, all with a 40% chance afterwards of being the max with Gem of Good Luck equipped. Also, Unob is 4, +2 HC, +4 WM, +1 Apoc. So, to answer your question directly, not whether it will have or not, but what the final value is, yes.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

Rank will always be 30 + enemy level / 20, with Green being <= 250, Blue between 70 and 360 and Purple between 120 and 500. With HC or WM, 50% chance of Attack between 1-60, Speed 1-10, 20% chance of Critical 1-30, Accuracy 1-30, HP 1-30, 80% chance (HC or WM not needed) of Defense 31-150, all with a 40% chance afterwards of being the max with Gem of Good Luck equipped. Also, Unob is 4, +2 HC, +4 WM, +1 Apoc. So, to answer your question directly, not whether it will have or not, but what the final value is, yes.

So does that mean that on casual without WM the armor will never have any speed? And if so, what would be the best way for me to go about trying to get some higher rank armor that has speed if currently I am capable of idle mining with a master’s pick on casual (using ring of cruelty).

 
Flag Post

Presuming you’re talking about “of Loot” armor, it won’t, yes. You can always try lower Pickaxes on HC or WM, or try fighting other things, since Crystals aren’t required for “of Loot” armor.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

Presuming you’re talking about “of Loot” armor, it won’t, yes. You can always try lower Pickaxes on HC or WM, or try fighting other things, since Crystals aren’t required for “of Loot” armor.

Thanks, that’s what I wanted to know. I’m currently testing out HC with a Diamond Pickaxe, and I see that its taking me about 40 seconds to kill rare crystals (while idling), would it be safe to assume that I would be fine if a SC2 shows up?

 
Flag Post

As long as you’re not getting repeatedly stunned, then you should be fine.

EDIT: See next page discussion.