MEGATHREAD: Battle Arena page 215

10084 posts

Flag Post

If you could it at 9000 then get full chaos gear, ascend and get it at 4500, you have still killed it at a low level but you have done it with hard to obtain gear.

Flag Post

Again, did you ever get a HG or CN set at level 4500, without ascending once, and tried to beat CHAOS? If you didn’t, stop acting like you did.

edit: I probably would have the same opinion as yours on this some months ago, but TA simply turned SD BA into a joke. Seems like you didn’t realize this yet. Or is pretending not to.

Flag Post

Is armor defense rock lv 10, armor mystery rock or alien core+9 worth more for later levels? my item storage is fulled and I don’t know what to discard/use. I’m only level 3.3k so I wanna save up

Flag Post

Defense is useless. For the most part what your armor can give is enough. Mystery rocks are not worth it early on, since it has a high chance of not giving you what you need and you won’t have the resources to use identifiers on them. Alien cores can only be used on Alien armor, it’s up to you if you think it’s worth it or not.

Flag Post

‘kay, here’s the deal, I’m close to lvl 9000 now, and I’m still unable to beat ToD, let alone CN or CHAOS. I’ve got a tiny stockpile of resources, (that would be 6 bil pixels, 200 mil CM , and random amounts of other stuff ) . I’ve managed to grab 4 pieces of a HG set by running SD while only hitting treasure chest rooms if i don’t have to do boss rooms (eithe ron my path or as the treausre room itself) . However, even if i’d eventually be able to craft a glaive of smithing, I fail to see why it’s supposed to be that powerfull.

Could anyone give me some advise on what armor I could craft and enhance with my little resources so I would at least have a fighting chance at what seems to be unreachable goals ? (Currently using a Defense/EC set) maybe downgradeto zerk+zerk until i can craft a zerk+EC ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by davidfranses:

‘kay, here’s the deal, I’m close to lvl 9000 now, and I’m still unable to beat ToD, let alone CN or CHAOS. I’ve got a tiny stockpile of resources, (that would be 6 bil pixels, 200 mil CM , and random amounts of other stuff ) . I’ve managed to grab 4 pieces of a HG set by running SD while only hitting treasure chest rooms if i don’t have to do boss rooms (eithe ron my path or as the treausre room itself) . However, even if i’d eventually be able to craft a glaive of smithing, I fail to see why it’s supposed to be that powerfull.

Could anyone give me some advise on what armor I could craft and enhance with my little resources so I would at least have a fighting chance at what seems to be unreachable goals ? (Currently using a Defense/EC set) maybe downgradeto zerk+zerk until i can craft a zerk+EC ?

Here is what I think you should do.

Finish your HG set… getting the last piece on casual is fine, and then craft a set of Chuck Norris armor. Enhance both sets of armor… use as many weapon attack and/or level 9/10 critical rocks as you have (or can easily afford). Then fuse with the HG armor as the primary.

The resulting set of armor will only last a month, but you’ll be able to score high enough for Chaos pieces.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Orbifold:

Here is what I think you should do.

Finish your HG set… getting the last piece on casual is fine, and then craft a set of Chuck Norris armor. Enhance both sets of armor… use as many weapon attack and/or level 9/10 critical rocks as you have (or can easily afford). Then fuse with the HG armor as the primary.

The resulting set of armor will only last a month, but you’ll be able to score high enough for Chaos pieces.

That would require me able to kill CN in the first place :-/

Flag Post

So what’s the deal with the last enhancer on a (+10, +9) fused item? Something special I’m supposed to do?

Flag Post

What’s a good setup for getting level 8000 monsters in corruption? I’m stuck around 7400 and I only go up a few levels each time I try corruption.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/60-anti-idle-the-game/topics/166303-megathread-battle-arena?page=214#posts-6431512

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ppaatt:

So what’s the deal with the last enhancer on a (+10, +9) fused item? Something special I’m supposed to do?

The last enhancer is used later so it gets its full power included on the weapon. Treat it like the 10th enhancer from your primary item.

Flag Post

Noob questions:

Currently idling in Secret Beach at rank 190, using the crafted Elite armor set with minor enhancements, and the Adventurer’s trophy as it was the only weapon making decent hits against tougher monsters. Where/what should I be doing next, Volcano Peak perhaps? What armor and weapon should I be targeting at this point? Have been stuck in secret beach for quite a while and seem to have stalled.

Flag Post

Beach/Secret Beach is where the BA really slows down. You’re gonna be stuck in those areas for a long time. Probably at least till level 2500 or 3000. Level affects your stats. When you can, save up your Pixels to increase attack (buy the more expensive option, it’s a better deal), that will allow you to move to harder enemies quicker.
Your greatest foe will be the Spirits, they are much tougher than any other enemies in those areas. When you can kill them, you can move on to the next area. When you can kill them easily, you can probably idle those areas (but use a protection ring the first few times just in case.)
Around that time I started working on a couple of the raids. You should be able to do the Pyramid, (healing is an ok way to clear it at low levels.) Prehistoric and Defense Mission (with a properly enhanced wand) on Casual. Even if you can’t beat them, they will still give good drops that will allow you to beat them after several tries. Corruption is ALWAYS a good idea, because the monsters get stronger as you get stronger.
Little advice for the Defense Mission: Quick attack and heal should be all you use in that battle. You can equip Robacon because he won’t attack “DON’T ATTACK” but be sure to change your IA.
Don’t worry about ToD, Secret Dungeon, or Megaboss’s Revenge, those will be a bit later. You can try the Special Arena, but don’t expect to beat it for a while. It’s not a bad place if you just want to burn the keys for the rewards.
The rest of this is second hand info that worked well for me. I defer to more knowlegable players if their info contradicts mine.
Your armor will basically be fine until you can afford Berzerker pieces. You should craft and upgrade a Premium Sword (3) and a Super Machine Gun, then Fuse them. That will serve you well until you get enough for a Glaive (don’t bother with anything stronger than that, it’s just a waste of pixels.)
When enhancing weapons, your first priority should be to get your attack speed up to 25, don’t forget the skills and armor bonuses that can affect it too. Your second priority should be critical chance to 95%, and after that attack. (I am not sure about the stuff that can’t be enhanced w/ attack.)
Hope this helps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

The last enhancer is used later so it gets its full power included on the weapon. Treat it like the 10th enhancer from your primary item.

Would a lvl 10 critical rock be a good idea? Or should I just go for attack? It has a 17% crit chance right now and 1083 attack

Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

Would a lvl 10 critical rock be a good idea? Or should I just go for attack? It has a 17% crit chance right now and 1083 attack

go for the crit rock

Flag Post

Hello! Two rather noobish questions here. I’m only level 5000 on my first run.

I just crafted a glaive, I have applied two +50 att rocks to it already. Should I be putting something else on it instead?

Also, is the range on the glaive as far as melee weapons go? Does the G5 have better reach?

EDIT: One more, should I fuse something with the glaive, and if so what should it be? I already have the bonus rocks applied to the glaive, will they and the weapon’s level go away if I fuse?

Flag Post

I cant say which is better but chaotic growth rocks (probably out of your budget) and elite growth rocks are pretty good too since they add bonuses to defense, accuracy, and crit chance as well. On second though, you want high crit chance so leveling rocks may be great

Flag Post

Yeah, chaotic growth rocks are waaay out of my budget. I can get all the elite growths that I could need though pretty easily.

So should I even bother with fusing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bovolt:

Definitely fuse it, preferably with another G1, and other then ranged weapons the glaives have the best range seeing as they hit spawn point. Also make sure you speed stat is 25, should only need to get the G1 to 10~13

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dxb105:
Originally posted by Bovolt:

Definitely fuse it, preferably with another G1, and other then ranged weapons the glaives have the best range seeing as they hit spawn point. Also make sure you speed stat is 25, should only need to get the G1 to 10~13

Thank you! When I fuse with another glaive, will I lose my current weapon levels and applied enhancements?

Flag Post

why did a monster throw soap at me, and is there significance in this ?!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Calvin_H:

why did a monster throw soap at me, and is there significance in this ?!

SOAP is mostly for hiding your HP and MP, so you can’t tell if you are safe or you’re about to die, also, it will hide status effect (very bad if you got zombified effect and you’re about to die) and hides most of the screen so you can’t see the monster until it is really close to you

Flag Post

If you’re soaped but not potion blocked, you can tell if your health is full or not by whether or not the Health Potion button is lit. If the button lights up and stays lit, you’re under max HP and may want to heal. If your heal is level 10 and the button doesn’t go dim when you heal once, you’re likely zombified and you just damaged yourself, but you can spam health potions to heal up while zombified. If you’re soaped and potion blocked, you won’t be able to tell what your health is at. I think I heard once that you can’t be zombified and potion blocked at the same time, so it may be okay to spam heal in that case.

Flag Post

Just to clarify, my 4 HG pieces are time limited (gotten them on casual) , and some1 advised to craft a CN set, but I can’t beat CN !

Anyhting else I could do :-/

Flag Post

When I asked Vaajper for his strategy during his speedrun, he said he crafted elite alien armor to beat CN with, so that he could craft CN armor. I guess you could try that? It would cost you 1b pixels and 200m CM though.