MEGATHREAD: Battle Arena page 216

10726 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

When I asked Vaajper for his strategy during his speedrun, he said he crafted elite alien armor to beat CN with, so that he could craft CN armor. I guess you could try that? It would cost you 1b pixels and 200m CM though.

It’s something I haven’t thought about yet , it would drain me af all the CM i have though, and that seems to be ultra-scarce somehow for me.

I’m just wondering how people manage to kill CHAOS it in their first assencsion at like lvl 4000 etc ; I’m lvl 8650 now, and CN/ToD/Chaos are unkillable for me :-/

It’s defiantly an option I’ll explore, but until then, maybe some other input ?

Flag Post

I think the only thing anyone can tell you at this point is that you need to gather more resources. I would try to get pixel on all your gear, and work on collecting pixels/cm to be able to make proper gear.

Flag Post

At level 8650 I can’t imagine your stats are too low, so that means you need to look at other things. Also, I was a lot stronger than you with just HG and a G1, so the answer isn’t really in equipment either. There are 5000 things that change how the BA works, and you aren’t giving all the crucial information, so I’ll just talk about stuff you haven’t mentioned yet.
Everyone says Rank is irrelivent, that it’s all in levels, but those people are wrong. Work on leveling up your rank so you can get more skill points (I used Smily Island because it gave good exp for it’s strength.) You will want to use skills to buff up your stats past what you can normally get. When I only had 25 ranks of Overpowered Tanker, I died much faster than when I had 50. Also, make sure you hit the stat caps (25 speed, 90% resist, 95% crit chance) but don’t go over. Those skills don’t give a good return on investment over that amount (yes, even Weapon Booster, Double Hit skill is beter.) Hitting the stat caps w/ equipment alone is almost impossible, you will need significant amounts of skills to get there. Plus, once your skills are high enough, you can drop the enhancers for those stats and use them for something else.
I killed CHAOS around your level on my first ascention, and the major turning point for me was my skills. I used HG armor and a GoS to kill him, nothing fused. But even with just the G1 and HG I still managed to take out anything in the dungeon really quickly. Enhance the HG w/ the random enhancers you get from the chests, because you won’t be using it much past the time limit (or so I’m told.)
Finally, the last key is use Super Knockback when attacking strong creatures. If you can kill things fast, or if they dont’ take normal damage (gems, aliens) then Quick Attack is the way to go. But the harder monsters, aka everything you are having trouble with, you NEED to use Super Knockback to do any significant damage. I don’t know the reason behind this, I’m sure others can elaborate, I just know it works.
I wish there was more help for newer players, hardly anyone who is in chat or the forums knows what it’s like not to play with all the toys already unlocked.

Flag Post

Beating CHAOS For Dummies

1) Skills

To beat CHAOS, you’ll need the following skills’ levels maxed (or as close to maxed as possible):

• Strength Enhancement
  • Invisible Weapon
  • Artful Dodger
  • Accuracy Boost
  • Rage Mastery
  • Rage Power
  • Critical Chance
  • Keen Eyes
  • Double Hit
  • Buff Boost

If you don’t have access to them, ?? skills aren’t really needed. They’re just cool, expensive bonuses. If you have access, Spirit Shield is really good and is the only skill you really need to max (increase everything else to 10).

To max regular skills you need to find skill books, they’re dropped by rare monsters, and the chance to drop increases with enemy level (SD is a nice place to find them).

If you don’t have epic skills maxed, you need to fight epic enemies. The best place should be ToD WM (beat only the first few enemies, leave and enter again) and if you have Rank 500 and already ascended, get epic rate bonus on armor and fight in Lullaby Lake. You only really need Buff Boost maxed, and luckily it’s one of the skill books with the highest drop chance.

2) Resources

You’re going to need some bonus rocks. Mining is the way to go. Secret Crystals are always rare (SC2 is always epic), and that gives a huge boost to drop rate. They’re bosses (another huge DR boost), so they give a lot of purple bonuses and you can increase kill speed with Boss Damage bonus. SC2 can give green bonus rocks too, which can help with other resource gathering.

For the fight, you’re looking for the following bonus rocks:

• Equipment Attack (purple)
  • Attack (orange)
  • Boss Damage (orange, weapon-only)
  • Damage Taken (orange, optional)

For resource gathering, Pixel and Reward green bonuses are recommended.

You will have to buy some expensive stuff. I think the best place to go for pixel/CM should be SD. Clean all rooms and leave. After the first 5 times on that day, fight only boss rooms, they give better rewards.

3) Equipment

You need some solid armor. That will be the source of your damage. Elite Alien, HG, CN etc. HG-GoS used to be the way to go, but that’s because GoS could be crafted for free. I still would recommend a HG-GoS enhanced with attack only (doesn’t need to be lv 10 rocks, maybe level 7-8 and the last couple levels enhanced with Mystery enhancers). The reason it’s only attack is to guarantee the damage will be enough to overcome CHAOS’s defense, and because GoS doesn’t have any attack.

Otherwise, have a really strong fused weapon (possibly enhanced with crit rocks and CGRs), and use critical and attack rocks on armor (for every 200 equipment attack you should have another 100% crit damage).

For accessories, you could get a Dominator gem from SC, and some pendants in SD. You could also hunt some Immortal Pendants from Pyramid.

4) Fighting

Get every skill previously mentioned (except Critical Chance) maxed. Also increase Overpowered Tanker to level 29. Use a Master buff potion. You should have Damage Resist %, Accuracy % and Evasion % all maxed. The idea here is to not get hit, and to be able to survive if you are. The only dangerous situations are getting hit by potion block and blind. All you can do is hope not to get hit by those and hold the potion key all the time, that way it will be used as soon as you get hit and can save you from another hit right after. Spirit Shield skill and other sources of Negate Effect are really helpful too.

If you still can’t do it, try to make so you have max Resist/Evasion without having to rely on buff with equipment bonuses. Increase HP, too.

edit: forgot about ????? IA. Probably the best IA for CHAOS. If you don’t have access to Spirit Shield Censor Sheep is good too.

Flag Post

Thank you Draconi. That was the best, most extensive, most helpful, most useful thing I’ve read about the Secret Dungeon, ever.

I’ve gotten all kinds of ideas for how to improve my CHAOS battle now!

Flag Post

Thanks Draconi !

Flag Post

Well, seems like v1500 nerfed Buff Boost. Right now you need level 45 OT and Dodge Chance bonus on a piece of equipment to max defensive stats (Accuracy % will be at 85%, but it’s really minor). Other than that I think the strategy should work still.

Flag Post

Thanks draconi!
But could you guys write the whole words? because newbies like me don’t know the meaning of, SD, HG, CN, HG, GoS, CGRs, SC and etc..
thank you!

Flag Post

If you don’t understand those abbreviations, you probably don’t need to understand it yet.
But anyway:
SD = Secret Dungeon
HG = Holy Glory
CN = Chuck Norris
GoS = Glaive of Smiting
CGRs = Chaos Growth Rocks
SC = Spooky Crypt
etc. = et cetera

Flag Post
Originally posted by tiocabanas:

Thanks draconi!
But could you guys write the whole words? because newbies like me don’t know the meaning of, SD, HG, CN, HG, GoS, CGRs, SC and etc..
thank you!

I made an abbreviation list for that exact reason. You can find it in the sticky user made guides.

Honestly Tukkun, you should probably consider making a sticky with abbreviations yourself. Most people don’t have the common sense to consider maybe someone made a guide, and find it. And yes, I am aware there is a list in the “How to use this forum”, but nobody would think to look there for abbreviations, and majority won’t ever open it.

Flag Post

So anyone know what the Gem of Constancy does when you level it to max and how long it takes to level. no sense burning 75k SCM if its not worth it. Also how much does the Gem of Good Luck really boost the stats 75k unob is even more to burn.

Flag Post

thanks, sorry if i didn’t see that guide… but i think this forum should have a search system, that would help a lot.

Flag Post

thanks, sorry if i didn’t see that guide… but i think this forum should have a search system, that would help a lot.

use this Google custom search

I think its set up right

Flag Post

almost got enough pixels for my bacon sword.
what’s the best thing to fuse with it? gold cannon?
is there any fusible dropped items?

Flag Post
Originally posted by reorx8:

almost got enough pixels for my bacon sword.
what’s the best thing to fuse with it? gold cannon?
is there any fusible dropped items?

Either get the gold cannon or wait for a new item to come about.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

I still would recommend a HG-GoS enhanced with attack only

I can’t enhance the damn thing with attack rocks ? Did i just watse 400 mil CM ?

Flag Post

I imagine he meant enhancer the armor set with attack, not the GoS, which can’t be enhanced with attack.

Flag Post

Side Q : will the +250% bonus still apply on a HG/CN set?

Flag Post

It will still apply to it, as long as the HG set is primary.

Flag Post

What’s the best way to farm Superior crafting material?

Flag Post

Best area and difficulty to idle on at level 1059?

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Best area and difficulty to idle on at level 1059?

1. Equip protection ring
2. Note down every relevant stat
3. Leave it idling in an area for a couple hours
4. Grab results
5. Repeat for every other area you’re unsure about
6. Compare results. Idle in the area that gives you the best results.

Flag Post

Do cursed pendants still drop from monsters? I haven’t seen one in a looong time.

Flag Post

No, they don’t.

Flag Post

Does double hit work with heal?