MEGATHREAD: Battle Arena page 232

10840 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

Whatever serves you best. Since it can’t be enhanced with attack, there’s not the usual debate of “What is most optimal?”. Get the amount of speed and crit chance you need to be capped out in both, and the rest is your own preference of accuracy/hp regen.

Now that double attack isn’t useless and one has 5 more enhancements I would probably go with more speed than I did on mines back in the day.

Flag Post

GUYs, how do u give robacon a wep

Flag Post

same as you would move an item around/store it/fuse/…

ctrl+leftclick on desired weapon, leftclick on his weaponslot

Flag Post
Originally posted by toma333:

GUYs, how do u give robacon a wep

Make sure you give him a RANK 1 weapon to start out, and are rank 40, I believe.

Flag Post

Does anything affect the spawn rate of SC2 while mining? I haven’t done mining in quite a while but now I’m trying to increase my SC2 bestiary level.

I did some searching on the forum, but I’m not sure if there’s anything not being mentioned or if the following still applies:

Originally posted by Draconi:

Mining in WM is not worth it solely on the fact SC1 can’t be epic, though there’s extra 2% SC2 spawn rate

Legendary pickaxe gives extra 1.5% SC2 encounter chance, Master’s give 1%. Unob pickaxe gives extra 3%

Can Draconi or anyone else confirm these statements? Although I don’t think an extra 2% spawn would be worth the much slower kill rate in WM. And I’m already using the unobtainium pickaxe.

Originally posted by sebas8181:
Is it better having Epic Monster Spawn Rate for SC2 faster spawning?

This seems to imply that higher epic rate causes higher SC2 spawn, but it’s never confirmed anywhere. I know SC2 is always epic, but does it appear whenever a SC1 would be epic, replacing it? That would mean higher epic rate would cause higher SC2 spawn. However, if SC2 is simply an independent uncommon spawn that just happens to always be epic if it appears, then higher epic rate would not affect it.

Flag Post

There is no need to test. GH does less damage than CN at 0 defense, that means that for all possible defense values it will do worse than CN.

Well poop, so was it a waste of time to have even constructed my HG set since I already have CN? obviously CN is temporary so I have to keep recrafting it every so often, but if it’s better it’s better right? hrm. so much time spent making that HG set.

Flag Post
Originally posted by phantomwolf13:

SC2 spawns only with Master’s, Legendary and Unob pickaxes (1, 1.5 and 3% chance), or in WM (2% chance). Combining a pickaxe with WM increases the chance, but since the kill speed is slower in WM it’s probably only good if you don’t have the pickaxes.

Originally posted by Johnurz:

Well, HG got nerfed really hard recently. GoS used to be free, boss damage and GoS damage bonus used to multiply (now they just add to each other), and set bonus damage was reduced because it rendered regular equipment obsolete.

BTW I noticed you didn’t say how your HG is enhanced. I assume it’s full attack, but if it isn’t, it obviously won’t work well.

Flag Post

Thanks Draconi. Any word on the effect of Epic Rate on SC2 spawn?

Flag Post

There’s no enemy in the game that has the spawn chance affected by rare/epic chance.

Flag Post

t skill setup should I have for abandoned lab 4? That thing slices me up fairly fast….

Flag Post

well, get DC% and DT% to cap (as you should have already) and start attacking
maybe you just forgot to get out of hardcore?

Flag Post

I"m not sure, what is DC and DT? And that thing slices my HP like nobodys business am I supposed to be spamming heal or no the whole time?

Flag Post

DC = Dodge Chance
DT = Damage Taken

Flag Post

Is the cap for DT 99% and where is dodge is that evasion?

Flag Post

What does elite weapon growth rock? I see it says adds 7 levels to weapon, but what does it mean? wepon exp upgrade? more than +10 on the weapon name? What if i have a +7 weapon already?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoverBoy:

Is the cap for DT 99% and where is dodge is that evasion?

Cap for damage taken is 90%. Dodge chance is the % shown under Evasion. It looks like this

X% + numbers (more numbers)

The numbers are your evasion, the first part is your total evasion after bonuses, the numbers in the parenthesis are your base evasion. The % is your dodge chance. It is also capped at 90%.

If I recall correctly, when a monster hits, it will first test against your dodge chance. That’s why it’s usually more helpful to have high dodge chance, than high evasion.

Originally posted by Unwinter:

What does elite weapon growth rock? I see it says adds 7 levels to weapon, but what does it mean? wepon exp upgrade? more than +10 on the weapon name? What if i have a +7 weapon already?

You are confusing enhancement count with levels. They are two separate things. The +X stated after the name of them is it’s enhancement count. Elite weapon growth rocks add levels, which are displayed below an items rank while browsing it. You can see an example of this on Newbie stick (very first item in weapon crafting screen).

Levels give stats. In the case of weapons, it gives on average 5 attack per level. Every so and so levels you also get bonuses to crit chance, accuracy and hp regen. It may give to defense as well, I don’t quite remember.

Flag Post
it gives on average 5 defense per level.
4-6 attack per lvl.

Flag Post

Four to six is the exact amount, I listed the average. Which is five.

Flag Post

Four to six is the exact amount, I listed the average. Which is five.

thats not the point. ATTACK

Flag Post

Then say so to begin with, sheesh =P

Flag Post

Is the SC 2 harder to kill than the regular SC? I got a master pickaxe and anti-idled it to level 2 so I can barely kill the first ones on idle. I just want to know if I can idle it yet.

EDIT: Also, what does a light glaive do? I got it from alien #4 in mystic forest.

Flag Post

SC2 is harder than SC, yes. SC has 500k HP, SC2 has 1m HP. They have the same explosion timer, so it “only” means you have to deal twice as much damage in the same amount of time (two minutes).

The light glaive is the light version of the elemental glaives which are dropped by monsters. All elemental glaives have a bonus against monsters of a certain element, in this case, enemies with dark element. They have quite high base attack, so they aren’t bad weapons over all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoverBoy:

And that thing slices my HP like nobodys business am I supposed to be spamming heal or no the whole time?

When fighting against strong enemies always hold down potion key. It has a higher priority than the other skills, and it should bring you back to full HP fast enough for it to look like you didn’t stop attacking.

If I recall correctly, when a monster hits, it will first test against your dodge chance. That’s why it’s usually more helpful to have high dodge chance, than high evasion.

They are tested simultaneously. It just happens that the evasion required to not get hit by an enemy scales with its accuracy, so it’s easier to increase evasion % since it works the same against everything (then again it’s a good idea to not completely neglect evasion, in case of debuffs).

Flag Post

Question for anybody with CHAOS/AURA (main or SSF): does it follow the same basic enhancement principles as Chaos/FG? (I’m trying to determine if my Chaos armor enhancing spreadsheet could be easily adapted)

Flag Post

How do i find out the PAssword for Smiley Island?