10097 posts

Flag Post

Is this a good way to level fast:

• full attack-only Chaos + FG
  • epic rate % on everything
  • exp/epic on everything
  • go to a fairy land map in Worst Moon
  • equip a 30% or 40% spawn rate IA

or am I wasting my time making such a set?

(perhaps it is better to put spawn rate on everything and use the purple bonuses for attack power or eq-attack)

Flag Post
Originally posted by phantomwolf13:

Hey, no worries. I wasn’t expecting the demand on your time that would come with an elaboration, so I definitely appreciate you taking the time to make one :)

After thinking more about spawn rate, I came to the same conclusion, as long as I am killing enemies quickly. So thanks for telling me about that! I will use it for sure now. I also read that it will be useful later in ToD.

On attack power vs. equip att, you can see from the very useful bonus guide by Mike_Takumi that, when it comes to the purple bonuses, 60 attack power = 1 equipment attack. In the case of being at the hard cap of 90k attack power and having no other flat bonuses, they equal each other at 1500 equip att. So if you are above that, then attack power is better.

On purple bonus in general, I figured that at my eventual 90k base attack power, the 1.5k bonus attack power on the weapon is giving me 91.5/90 = 1.5% increase in damage. If I run accuracy, I get 1000 accuracy bonus. Compared to the cap at 6500 for accuracy, I am getting ~ 14-15% bonus accuracy depending on how many points I put into the accuracy skill. So I have been leaning towards accuracy because it seems like a better relative gain. I also thought accuracy might still have uses at high levels in WM.

On the other hand, I don’t know if you can compare the two stats side-by-side like that.

But I’m definitely really satisfied with a fusion of Oversized Slingshot and Gold Cannon. The former has incredible accuracy bonuses, and the latter has high crit chance + Attack.

Flag Post

Hi all,

Anyone knows how works the fusion items? Is there a topic on that?

Flag Post

There’s the Fusion Simulator which can help for some items. For others not in the simulator, when two items are fused, stats become 0.63 * Primary + 0.54 * Secondary, levels are added and averaged (ie. 10+6 = 16 / 2 = 8) for both total level and current level, and enhancements are also averaged. Rank requirement is averaged as well, bonuses come from the Primary weapon, I believe. Any “No [type] Rocks” on either weapon carries, and expiry time is determined by the lower of the two values.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xaroth:

(perhaps it is better to put spawn rate on everything and use the purple bonuses for attack power or eq-attack)

Just to clarify: a set with all spawn rate and attack power/equip attack would be a good set for general use. I do not believe it would be optimum for leveling up the quickest (i.e. maximizing EXP gain).

I haven’t used the epic rate% + exp/epic combo myself, but I’ve heard it’s pretty effective. Another positive effect of the strategy you proposed is lots of unobtainium and SCM. A few things I would change or at least keep in mind though:

1. I’d try NCI when anti-idling and compare your results to Lullaby Lake (or whatever other fairyland area you’re using), I think you might find NCI to be better.
  2. CGT (Corrupted Giant Treeman) IA has by far the best +reward% (75%) of any IA and will also give you +35% spawn rate (best of any IA is 40%). If you don’t have CGT IA, I highly recommend you get it!
  3. If you can kill non-boss mobs in one or two hits, you should use a ring that increases your rewards—with an epic set, you might try the Luck ring, or you might have better results with the Encounter or Experience ring. If on the other hand you need to kill mobs faster, you should probably use the Knockback/Cruelty/Power ring.
  4. when idling, you should probably use a Dark Ruler…

By the way, just a general tip, you can set up a Technical Light to monitor kills/min (use the Variable Recording option, track the “arenaKill” variable. Guide here). You can use this to make adjustments to your strategy and optimize your kill rate.

Flag Post

Thanks for the help :)

Hmm, indeed NCI is pretty good. I was using Fabled Forest (because after that the bosses start to get really hard for my gear level).

I got CGT down to about 20% health and then I died. Ugh! I’ll have to improve my chaos gear (currently unfused – I think I will fuse it with good Knightmare)

I can’t access Dark Ruler yet as I am only rank 395 :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

For others not in the simulator, when two items are fused, stats become 0.63 * Primary + 0.54 * Secondary, levels are added and averaged (ie. 10+6 = 16 / 2 = 8) for both total level and current level, and enhancements are also averaged. Rank requirement is averaged as well, bonuses come from the Primary weapon, I believe. Any “No [type] Rocks” on either weapon carries, and expiry time is determined by the lower of the two values.

You can add in stats of any items not in the simulator yourself.

Flag Post

What is a good choice of weapon after the pyrabow/evil sword fusion?
The stats of my weapon (Pyrabow [+10]):

Attack:1173
Attack Speed:18
Defense:94
Critical chance: 76%
Accuracy:81%
HP regen:50%

Bonuses are pixel, ignore DEF and EXP/rare kill.

I am rank 280, but I can rank some if the weapon is of a higher rank. Going for a high end weapon is good too, because it use so much material to craft the weapons… I would be saving a lot going straigth to a high end weapon… Thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nivanio:

I am rank 280, but I can rank some if the weapon is of a higher rank. Going for a high end weapon is good too, because it use so much material to craft the weapons… I would be saving a lot going straigth to a high end weapon… Thanks

Hi Nivanio, it looks like we are at about the same point. I had the same question a few days ago myself. I ended up having met with a lot of success mining with my master pick on hardcore for good drops, equipping crystal armor as I found it for a higher drop rate and emphasizing epic counter rate on the rest of my equipment. It takes several hours, but you can get higher quality items than crafted without relying on crystals to pray for a higher quality.

For example, I had several items that were 950+ damage, whereas their “common” crafted numbers were 600-700 damage. Once you have a good combination of items that gives attack, critical chance, speed, and accuracy, you can plan your fusion and use your savings on all the enhancements you’ll need.

I was able to mine on loot day, which increased my drop rate further. I also got a full set of almost all crystal armor colors and knightmare pants this way. I spent all my savings on enhancements after, but I now believe mining for items and using pixels/CM for enhancements is the best way to get optimal equipment for us with limited finances.

I posted the item I made still unfinalized on page 259 of this thread. Hope this could help!

Oh and depending on how much money you have, you might want to start buying out special weapon relics from the special shop every day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:
Originally posted by crazye97:

For others not in the simulator, when two items are fused, stats become 0.63 * Primary + 0.54 * Secondary, levels are added and averaged (ie. 10+6 = 16 / 2 = 8) for both total level and current level, and enhancements are also averaged. Rank requirement is averaged as well, bonuses come from the Primary weapon, I believe. Any “No [type] Rocks” on either weapon carries, and expiry time is determined by the lower of the two values.

You can add in stats of any items not in the simulator yourself.

True. But then we get the questions of “why doesn’t it work” when it’s done wrong.

Flag Post

• exp/epic on everything

Do this in Dark pyramid. Instant spawn = crazy amounts of epic monsters, also, you don’t need a strong set to do this, just light glaive is probably enough to 1 hit ko with quick attack.

Flag Post

• exp/epic on everything

Not a good way to get exp, but it is great for unobtainium farming.
Don’t forget to master LL allies first.

Flag Post
Originally posted by savag3blow:

Do this in Dark pyramid. Instant spawn = crazy amounts of epic monsters, also, you don’t need a strong set to do this, just light glaive is probably enough to 1 hit ko with quick attack.

I saw you post this elsewhere, and I gave it a try. It worked fairly well for me on WM casual. One thing I noticed also is that you get unobtanium equal to your score tier squared, and double that in SCM. I don’t know how this compares to other popular methods of unob farming, though. But I easily got a few hundred unob within an hour, and it’s workable at low levels.

Flag Post

I seem to have a mysterious 9% instant-kill chance and no idea where I’m coming from. None of my equipment has it (confirmed by unequipping everything, it’s still there), it’s not from my IA, and none of my skills seem to be contributing to it. Does anyone else know where this could come from, does it come from overcapping a stat like you get Double Hit from overcapping speed? It’s nerfing my Dark Pyramid damage and that makes me sadface

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:

I seem to have a mysterious 9% instant-kill chance and no idea where I’m coming from. None of my equipment has it (confirmed by unequipping everything, it’s still there), it’s not from my IA, and none of my skills seem to be contributing to it. Does anyone else know where this could come from, does it come from overcapping a stat like you get Double Hit from overcapping speed? It’s nerfing my Dark Pyramid damage and that makes me sadface

Check Robacon’s weapon. You may have given him(it? whatever pronoun) a weapon with the Insta-kill Bonus.

Flag Post

What sort of thing helps to level up a weapon? Does the level of the opponent matter?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sturmfeder:
Originally posted by Afakaz:

Check Robacon’s weapon. You may have given him(it? whatever pronoun) a weapon with the Insta-kill Bonus.

Bingo. Thank you!

Flag Post

Anything that increases the rank exp you gain will increase the exp your gear gains.

Flag Post

The Weapon Mastery skill, under the STR/DEX tab, says that it adds minimum damage, not that it adds mastery; is this just phrasing and it just adds mastery, or will it still provide benefit even if youre Mastery skill is capped at 95?

Flag Post

It’s phrasing. Mastery is minimum damage of maximum damage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blaisem:

Hi Nivanio, it looks like we are at about the same point. I had the same question a few days ago myself. I ended up having met with a lot of success mining with my master pick on hardcore for good drops, equipping crystal armor as I found it for a higher drop rate and emphasizing epic counter rate on the rest of my equipment. It takes several hours, but you can get higher quality items than crafted without relying on crystals to pray for a higher quality.

For example, I had several items that were 950+ damage, whereas their “common” crafted numbers were 600-700 damage. Once you have a good combination of items that gives attack, critical chance, speed, and accuracy, you can plan your fusion and use your savings on all the enhancements you’ll need.

I was able to mine on loot day, which increased my drop rate further. I also got a full set of almost all crystal armor colors and knightmare pants this way. I spent all my savings on enhancements after, but I now believe mining for items and using pixels/CM for enhancements is the best way to get optimal equipment for us with limited finances.

I posted the item I made still unfinalized on page 259 of this thread. Hope this could help!

Oh and depending on how much money you have, you might want to start buying out special weapon relics from the special shop every day.

blaisem, thanks for all the tips. I will start mining asap and see how that works for me :D (the new mining guide will help a lot too)

Flag Post

Are the triangles in the triangle hideout just super super strong, or is there a trick to beating them?

Flag Post

Where should i level up ? i’m 230 in BA and level 1855 !

Flag Post

AIing BB is not a good thing to do… AIing prehistoric mission is much better.

Flag Post

For mining? I just used the abandoned lab to obtain the right bonuses on my items (adjust bonus preferences in menu first)

Equipment Bonuses – use highest rank items available
Format
item – green-orange-purple

Robacon weapon – Drop Rate-boss damage-exp/boss kill

Armor/Trinket – Drop Rate-crit damage-exp/boss kill

Accessory – Combo King medal + Collector’s Pendant (VERY important) + Crappy Earrings or better with desired bonuses

It might help to farm beach for half an hour to get some up-to-date triangle trinkets (they drop equal to your rank) with these stats and other stats for other roles – use bonus preferences from menu to increase the chance to get the bonuses you want. Don’t stress about perfect stats for mining though. The purple bonus is the least important.

Good interim armor are Elm Gloves and Elm shoes. As you get crystal armor, replace your existing armor with it. Your ultimate goal should be 3 pieces of pink and 2 pieces of purple. If you are having mana troubles, either put a skill point into PROFANITY POTION or exchange one of the pink pieces for a blue piece. Make sure all crystal pieces have green bonus drop rate and orange bonus crit damage. The purple bonus isn’t so important.

Skills roughly in order of priority:
Quick Attack + Double Attack MAX
Critical Combo MAX
Critical Chance (the difference to 95% crit chance ie. whatever critical combo won’t reach at MAX combo)
Critical Force MAX
Double Hit MAX
Coup de Grace MAX
Keen Eyes MAX
Five Leaf Clover MAX
Explosive Shot MAX
Combo Reward MAX
Weapon Boost – 10 points (MAX if have 2-3 pink crystal armor pieces)

Status chance – 10 points each skill

Then I put ~ 10-15 into:
Accuracy booster (~15)
Mana Boost (5-10 or more as you prefer)
Mana Regen (5-10 or more as you prefer)

Rest into Weapon Boost/Rewards/more accuracy boost (autosteal absolute last consideration because you aren’t doing a lot of damage). Remember to not put any more points into Weapon Boost if you are somehow at the double hit cap. IF for some reason you are not at 25 attack speed, put points into Weapon Boost before other skills until you are.

Finally, if you have extra skill points, save them. You will be getting skill books along the way that you can then put the points into. Clear your inventory as well; constantly ruining your combo will slow you down over time.

Potion
Fill your potion inventory with ? ? ? (nightmare) potions when you start, and just keep drinking them as your buff runs low. I am not sure if Buff Boost affects nightmare potions, but if you have extra points you can skill up the Buff Boost ability, too.

Ring
Ring of Cruelty is ideal at your rank. Ring of Luck might also be ok. Nothing else.

IA
Secret Crystal 2
or
Corrupted Treeman/BlobB
or
Something with high Spawn Rate
or
Final Alien
or
Something with higher boss damage than 60% or combination of Drop Rate/boss damage/Spawn Rate

Notes
Your pick gains attack speed with levels. A good place to level it is the pirate ship interior or Intro Room from Prehistoric Mission with Experience Ring. It doesn’t take long to max its level, especially if you have Robacon zapping enemies to help out.

If you have a spare pickaxe lying around, you can upgrade its speed too with a Weapon Speed +3 enhancement. When you craft the item, be sure to add as many crystals as you can to get a higher quality enhancement. In the same crafting tab, you can craft a success rate enhancer to improve the success chance of your speed enhancement. A budget way to do this is to use a few level 6 enhancers followed by level 5 enhancers. With this, you can get up to around 80% success rate. Be careful, there will be a chance your item will be destroyed, so use this on a spare master pick, or you can trade some of the success enhancements for one that lowers destruction rate. If you are successful, max the level of the pick and then finalize it.

Good luck!

Thanks to Toa_of_Pi, Majildian, and Xaroth for help.

NP, Nivanio :)