MEGATHREAD: Battle Arena page 313

10513 posts

Flag Post

That makes Toa’s statement “Once I got all 3 A-type SI enhancers” kind of confusing. I sincerely doubt he got all possible green bonus rocks in an hour.

Flag Post

double sorry.

Flag Post

I think Toa may have meant for all three item categories, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: If you double-post, just delete it (via the edit screen as well).

Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

That’s certainly what he meant. Given that you can put them in the Lab’s machine to change the bonus, there’s no need for more than one of each type of bonus for each type of equipment.

Flag Post

Huh. Tukkun must have changed that to not remove the tags too. I thought it was unintentionally smart to have the tags removed for attempting to change it.

Flag Post

No, you’re supposed to be able to change it using the machine, the whole having the tag removed was a bug. Though, it never hurts to have two or three rocks of the same type. Less tedious switching in the lab.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:
Originally posted by crazye97:

That’s certainly what he meant. Given that you can put them in the Lab’s machine to change the bonus, there’s no need for more than one of each type of bonus for each type of equipment.

Oh wow. I totally didn’t know you could do that lol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:

And for an idea of their rarity, I got 7 enhancer drops in 8 hours of idle apoc mining. Three were [I] and [S], and two were for the same item type. This was, of course, with both Ignore Bonus Rock and Ignore Finalizer in use.

Are the Ignore bonuses required or something? I only have Ignore Bonus Rock, idled for about 10 hours on Loot Day, with 5000% drop rate, checking progress every hour or so. Every time I checked, my inventory was always almost full of finalizers (never full, so I never lost anything), but never a single bonus rock. (mining with unob pick in HCApoc)

Flag Post

Not required, just convenient if you’re away for a long time and aren’t able to clear the drops you don’t want out of your inventory.

Flag Post

If I use the luck ring when mining, does it actually raise the rate of epic monsters? Since it also raises the rare monster rate I’m wondering if it cancels each other out.

Flag Post

No, it doesn’t. SC2 span rate is independent of epic rate (instead relying on things such as being in WM mode, HC difficulty, or higher ranked pickaxes). All the ring of luck will do is raise your drop rate.

Flag Post

1. What does mastery ring do?
2. Does a weapon level faster on robacon than on me?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marine851:

1. What does mastery ring do?
2. Does a weapon level faster on robacon than on me?

Mastery Ring boosts your Mastery by a lot.
What does Mastery do? It reduces the randomness of your damage. How? By increasing your minimum damage.

Weapons level faster on Robacon. It’s also usually easier, since you can use your current strong weapon to fight in higher areas than your new weapon may have trouble with for now.

Flag Post

Just for reference: the minimum damage is the mastery percentage of your maximum damage; Robacon levels items twice as fast as you do – the EXP you get for items is the same as the EXP you get for the Arena itself.

Flag Post

I’m trying to plan for the (distant)future here.
I’m currently leveling up a Humblebee set, while doing that I figure I would work towards making the best weapon I can. I’m thinking almost completely about WM/apoc.

1)I’m using a G5 and a Greatsword I found as a base for my project. (a Pole-arm with decent stats + anything with decent stats as a base was my criteria)
2)Since I can use unique rocks to up the damage to 3k I figure that attack rocks are a waste of stats.
3)I’m thinking about maxing out with speed rocks, this is to save on SP with attack speed and DH

I’m wondering if I should think about tossing some accuracy rocks in the mix as well.

Also, is the max for Pixels 1 trillion -1?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ishakaru:

If you’re going to do WM/APOC, look into getting the ultimate elemental weapons from Secret Dungeon. They’re r500, have pretty good attack to start with (~1300) and are easy to find. Get them in HC+APOC mode and you’ll have Unob 7 on them as well. Then use them & Humblebee to get u20 CHAOS armor. CHAOS armor is a bit lacking in defense but it makes up for it with the unob 20 which allows it to have much better bonuses than Humblebee, better than basic Emperor’s Clothing.
Getting to 3k attack with unique enhancers is going to take a very long time. If you search the forum (I think it’s in this thread), there was a small discussion on what would be the best weapon if you used unique enhancers. If I remember correctly, it ended up being a fusion using Oversized Slingshots since they have +100% Accuracy to start.

Max pixels: 999,999,999,999

Flag Post

I know the Empowering Gem gets it’s unob set at 500. However, does anyone know if having an unob on before it reaches max level changes that? I don’t want to drop an unob 10 in there if that negates it’s end bonus.

Flag Post

Any unob pre-500 just gets replaced by a 25 unob for those trinkets. The gem of constancy however, doesn’t get any unob bonuses at r500, so you can put a unob10 on that if you wish.

Flag Post

Page 299* is the “best weapon ignoring attack” discussion.

*Assuming this is page 313 for you. Can’t remember if you can adjust posts per page on Kong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sturmfeder:

If you’re going to do WM/APOC, look into getting the ultimate elemental weapons from Secret Dungeon. They’re r500, have pretty good attack to start with (~1300) and are easy to find. Get them in HC+APOC mode and you’ll have Unob 7 on them as well.

Which of the ultimate elemental weapons are the best to use? Up to this point I’ve been keeping everything just in case, but I’m running out of storage space. >_>

On a storage-space-related note, are there any types of weapon/armor enhancers that I would never want to use and can safely discard? (e.g. HP regen for weapons)

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure the Ultimate Lightning Spear is the longest (the bonuses don’t matter as much any more since you can change them with special rocks)

Personally, I would definately toss away weapon hp regen, as well as any defense rocks.

Flag Post

So I got a U20 set a bit ago, and I’m just about done filling it up with attack rocks. But I still haven’t changed the Orange bonus on it, because I dont want to lose the Non-Boss Damage. So, I’m going to farm another couple of sets (or until I want to punch CHAOS through my screen) and save one with Non-Boss for a SC set.

My question is, what should I be trying to get on a U20 CHAOS set for SC? Is the set I have with attack rocks the best, or should I be aiming for something else? Essentially, I’m wondering if I should make this set I have into SC gear, or should I use different rocks on the next set.

Also…what makes a good SC set? I’m thinking just maxing Mastery/Crit/Speed and going for Evasion, but I’m sure there’s a better method out there.

Flag Post

Would it be a good idea to keep the weaken bonus on the ice spear?

Flag Post

is 792 attack good for a fresh +7 unob light glaive or should i try for higher?

Flag Post

I’d say that’s pretty good. You should be fine.