MEGATHREAD: Battle Arena page 314

11686 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by lordbanana:

I havn’t actually been to the Abandoned Lab machine, what’s that?

Go to Danger Zone and click on the slightly-different-colored triangle on the wall to reach the Abandoned Lab. (It’s labeled as a red zone but don’t worry; enemies don’t auto-spawn there.) Click on the yellow box. That will let you change the bonuses on your equipment. It’s random, but you have a pretty high chance of getting the bonuses that you have set in the Bonus Preference tab (I think it’s 20%, not sure).

Flag Post

Cool, I got there now. I got light damage as my green, non boss as my orange, but I don’t think you can get crit in the purple slot. What else should I put there?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mechald:

Bonus Preference tab (I think it’s 20%, not sure).

20% for the first, 7% for the second (for green/purple), 10% for orange second, 5% for third.

Flag Post

I just checked some of the weapons I’m getting from the dark pyramid. Apparently you can put life rocks on them again now! So I guess I’ll work on ubering me up some weapons.

Flag Post

Life Rocks don’t exist anymore. They were discontinued. All the items that allowed Life Rocks were automatically turned into permanent items.

Flag Post

I just checked some of the weapons I’m getting from the dark pyramid. Apparently you can put life rocks on them again now! So I guess I’ll work on ubering me up some weapons.

Life rocks no longer exist.

Flag Post

Well I guess I’ll have to work myself up to a nicer permanent weapon then :P. What should I be aiming for after Dark Pyramid weapons?

Flag Post

Well, DP weapons to r200ish… Then G5+A decent weapon with stats. If looking at crafted only then Greatersword. If you are looking at drops with Collectors pendent, then G5+Oversized Slingshot seems to be the best.

My personal preference is to up the speed to at least 25 after finalization, then up damage. Use the fusion tool listed in the guides thread to figure out what the final stats are going to be.

Once you hit r500: Ultimate [elemental] spear from SD seems to be your best bet. Not fusable, but worth the effort to obtain until you can figure out something better. I have a project in mind that might yield a better weapon, but I have to craft it first to determine effectiveness.(going to be at least a month if not 3)

Flag Post

G5 is super expensive though, how am I supposed to grind up all that money and CM at that level? It takes me like a week to make 4-500k

Flag Post

G5 is super expensive though, how am I supposed to grind up all that money and CM at that level? It takes me like a week to make 4-500k

By equipping the Collector’s Pendant, you can have a chance for a G5 to drop from bosses of a certain level, most people get theirs from mining with a Master’s or better pick. Dropped weapons have better stats than crafted ones, too.

Flag Post

Do I become weak when it goes into secret dungeon 5 times or more?
An enemy thinks that it became strong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tonaritoari:

Do I become weak when it goes into secret dungeon 5 times or more?
An enemy thinks that it became strong.

This post is hard to understand, but I’ll try to answer:

• No, you don’t become weaker, and monsters don’t become stronger. Maybe you entered on Hardcore difficulty.
  • The only thing that happens after you go to Secret Dungeon more than 5 times in a day is that you gain less EXP, Coins and Pixels.

Flag Post

I understood. I was wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:

By equipping the Collector’s Pendant, you can have a chance for a G5 to drop from bosses of a certain level, most people get theirs from mining with a Master’s or better pick. Dropped weapons have better stats than crafted ones, too.

Ah cool, I was doing some Master pick mining the other day so I guess I’ll try that out! Does Oversized Slingshot drop at the same level? Someone earlier said that made a good fusion for the G5.

Flag Post

You’ll have to note that with Master’s, it has to be an HC SC2 to have a chance at it. The Oversized Slingshot has a 4.2% chance of dropping from any SC1 with Master’s if rank 500, or a 4.67% chance if not rank 500, as well as a 1.68% chance from SC2 with r500, or 1.87% chance if not r500. (Note that it is after the original 0.001 * drop rate percent chance.)

Flag Post

What are the definitely best places known to get SI bonus rocks?

Flag Post

HC Apoc SD.

Flag Post

Do you prefer to run it with spawn rate or rare/epic rates? I’m assuming the bosses should be skipped because Apoc mining is easier?

Flag Post

Quick question: Do purple SIs drop from SC1s as well as SC2s? And similarly, will they only drop from SCs spawned with an unob pick?

I know they only drop HC Apoc, but what are the other baseline requirements? Thanks in advance.

Flag Post

Yes, they drop from both. They can drop from any Rare (B-type) or Epic (A-type) mob (Boss for C-type) that is level 9001.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Omesh:

Do you prefer to run it with spawn rate or rare/epic rates? I’m assuming the bosses should be skipped because Apoc mining is easier?

I went with epic rate to get the A type ones (green), then switching to orange for the B type (orange) ones. In terms of bosses, I skip most of them (and just leave if I find a visage or chimera), but ? isn’t too bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Toa_of_Pi:
Originally posted by Omesh:

I went with epic rate to get the A type ones (green), then switching to orange for the B type (orange) ones. In terms of bosses, I skip most of them (and just leave if I find a visage or chimera), but ? isn’t too bad.

I would suggest starting with HC Apoc SD and using Rare Rate for bonuses, since I found it more difficult to get the orange rocks (B type) than the green (A type) ones. Once you’ve gotten all the orange ones you want, you could switch to Epic Rate to finish off the green. After that, I’d suggest mining for the purple (C type) enhancers, since I found in SD I very rarely got the purple ones even though I did not avoid bosses like Toa did.

Flag Post

Also note that for SI, you only really ever need one of each type, but a few more don’t hurt so you can save certain ones and not use the machine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

Also note that for SI, you only really ever need one of each type, but a few more don’t hurt so you can save certain ones and not use the machine.

To clarify—you’d need at a minimum one of each bonus-type for each item-type, 9 total. In other words:

• [S][I] A-type (green) Weapon bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] B-type (orange) Weapon bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] C-type (purple) Weapon bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] A-type (green) Armor bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] B-type (orange) Armor bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] C-type (purple) Armor bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] A-type (green) Accessory bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] B-type (orange) Accessory bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] C-type (purple) Accessory bonus enhancer

That way you can enhance any color bonus on any item. You can change the bonus by first putting the [S][I] enhancer itself into the bonus machine in the abandoned lab, changing the bonus on it, and then using the enhancer on the item.

I know some of you might think it ridiculous of me to spell all of this out, but for others it was probably not quite so clear :)

Flag Post

Is there a recent guide to skill books?

There’s this.
But that was outdated, and someone linked to this
And even that is outdated, and I can’t find anything more recent.
People in some of those old threads were also saying skillbooks were removed, but my game shows that there are skillbooks.