MEGATHREAD: Battle Arena page 315

10513 posts

Flag Post

What are the definitely best places known to get SI bonus rocks?

Flag Post

HC Apoc SD.

Flag Post

Do you prefer to run it with spawn rate or rare/epic rates? I’m assuming the bosses should be skipped because Apoc mining is easier?

Flag Post

Quick question: Do purple SIs drop from SC1s as well as SC2s? And similarly, will they only drop from SCs spawned with an unob pick?

I know they only drop HC Apoc, but what are the other baseline requirements? Thanks in advance.

Flag Post

Yes, they drop from both. They can drop from any Rare (B-type) or Epic (A-type) mob (Boss for C-type) that is level 9001.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Omesh:

Do you prefer to run it with spawn rate or rare/epic rates? I’m assuming the bosses should be skipped because Apoc mining is easier?

I went with epic rate to get the A type ones (green), then switching to orange for the B type (orange) ones. In terms of bosses, I skip most of them (and just leave if I find a visage or chimera), but ? isn’t too bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Toa_of_Pi:
Originally posted by Omesh:

I went with epic rate to get the A type ones (green), then switching to orange for the B type (orange) ones. In terms of bosses, I skip most of them (and just leave if I find a visage or chimera), but ? isn’t too bad.

I would suggest starting with HC Apoc SD and using Rare Rate for bonuses, since I found it more difficult to get the orange rocks (B type) than the green (A type) ones. Once you’ve gotten all the orange ones you want, you could switch to Epic Rate to finish off the green. After that, I’d suggest mining for the purple (C type) enhancers, since I found in SD I very rarely got the purple ones even though I did not avoid bosses like Toa did.

Flag Post

Also note that for SI, you only really ever need one of each type, but a few more don’t hurt so you can save certain ones and not use the machine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

Also note that for SI, you only really ever need one of each type, but a few more don’t hurt so you can save certain ones and not use the machine.

To clarify—you’d need at a minimum one of each bonus-type for each item-type, 9 total. In other words:

• [S][I] A-type (green) Weapon bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] B-type (orange) Weapon bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] C-type (purple) Weapon bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] A-type (green) Armor bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] B-type (orange) Armor bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] C-type (purple) Armor bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] A-type (green) Accessory bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] B-type (orange) Accessory bonus enhancer
  • [S][I] C-type (purple) Accessory bonus enhancer

That way you can enhance any color bonus on any item. You can change the bonus by first putting the [S][I] enhancer itself into the bonus machine in the abandoned lab, changing the bonus on it, and then using the enhancer on the item.

I know some of you might think it ridiculous of me to spell all of this out, but for others it was probably not quite so clear :)

Flag Post

Is there a recent guide to skill books?

There’s this.
But that was outdated, and someone linked to this
And even that is outdated, and I can’t find anything more recent.
People in some of those old threads were also saying skillbooks were removed, but my game shows that there are skillbooks.

Flag Post

Those are very old posts, and don’t reflect the current skills. Skill Books: As far as I can recall, any skill with them aside from the last two pages drop from rare mobs (a couple from Pyramid). Epic comes from Epic mobs, ?? comes from Abandoned Lab.

Also, thanks phantom. I apologise for not being fully clear.

Flag Post

Any tips on getting orange SI bonus rocks from SD faster? I’ve been doing it with full rare rate since the beginning and after 4 hours I have four green SI rocks for each item type but only 1 orange SI rock. The drop rate feels ridiculously skewed towards type A and I’m not a fan of spending so much time doing something so boring.

Flag Post

Since SD has a 100% rare rate, having the bonus is useless. Try switching all of your bonuses to drop rate, doing that should make orange rocks drop much more frequently.

Flag Post

All I can say is lol… at least its a learning experience.

Flag Post

The drop rate is skewed towards A-type (and C-type), since it goes through the rare check, then the epic check, then the boss check.

Flag Post

Should i fuse my G5 with GS or Oversized Slingshot?
Also what should i enhance them with?

Flag Post

Can you tell us the stats of them? all three.

Flag Post

GS (fully enhanced)- 1293 attack, 14 speed, 34% crit, 26% accuracy

Oversized Slingshot(+1)- 918 attack, 5 speed, 200% crit, 100% accuracy

and i will craft a G5 in a day or two

Flag Post

and i will craft a G5 in a day or two

ha
hahaha
hahahahahahahaha
BWAHAHAHAHA
no.
just get a masters or higher pickaxe and mine for the G5. if you’re going to craft one, just fuse the OS with the GS OS being primary.

EDIT: damnit mods

Tukkun, the game is pretty broken now.
With the buff in DP SCM, and mining everything, people are getting full HBB before level 3k.
It’s crazy, and I really want to know… Was this what you wanted? Please change DP SCM rates back, It’s pretty insane to see people getting full HBB before level 3k, I mean… It’s used for getting end game gear. The fact that people are completely skipping things like pure darkness, crimson or knightmare, It’s bad. I even saw someone who skipps ZERKER and went straight to HBB. Please nerf DP and mining back to previous rates.

Edited by a mod for double posting/merged posts Please edit in future

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Quick question. Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to use growth rocks on pickaxes (to get much more speed than a speed rock)?

Flag Post

This has probably been asked before but, how do you tell if an item is S and I?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

This has probably been asked before but, how do you tell if an item is S and I?

Can use on any item: S, yellow
Infinite uses: I, red lemniscate
Infinite uses and can be used on any item: SI, yellow lemniscate

Flag Post

Also, you should be able to note in the item name, as it should have the [S] and/or [I] tags. EDIT for below: You’re right. I swore I saw tags at one point, or maybe that was just in the Crafting list. My bad.

Originally posted by justinkal:

Quick question. Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to use growth rocks on pickaxes (to get much more speed than a speed rock)?

It’s impossible. You can’t use Growth Rocks on weapons without Attack.

Flag Post

None of the ones I have gotten have any tags in name, but I was guessing that it was displayed in the color and the icon. Thanks cyno for confirming.