Suggestions! page 2 (locked)

4793 posts

Flag Post

Tukkun can you give players the option to turn off those info boxes whenever we mouse over various icons on our screen? I really really really liked being able to mouse over my exp bar at the top and have my % til next level displayed there. :( I miss that

Flag Post

Maybe have it 75,000 clicks in ONE day. That’s quite a challenge there.

Flag Post

A daily quest system.
Various types of daily quests which makes use of Garden, Battle Arena, Button, Arcade, Stadium, FCG, LolMarket, AwesomeAdventures.

3 types of difficulties, difficulties get unlocked at a certain level, reward increases with difficulty as well. (BLUE COINS!)

For example,
gather 10,000/200,000/4,000,000 CM in a day.
harvest 100/500/2500 trees in the normal garden.
gain 30/150/450 reputation in a day
get 3 or more bronze/silver/gold medals in Arcade.

These figures are just to give an idea.

These revamped daily quests adds motivation to anti-idle every day, should be easy to code, and what’s more, give a new meaning to questing.

Flag Post
  • Speed boost in the stadium races / deathmatch hardly does anything if you’re sitting still because you just got stunned or bumped into a block. Maybe make it so it’ll give a burst of acceleration to get you going again in such a situation. It’s certainly my instinct to use them this way, but at the moment, they only seem to work well if you’re already going pretty fast.

• More quests, especially daily ones, are definitely needed – agree with other suggestions there. Getting some from a random pool every day seems like a good start, but there also should be more quests for the various features, asking you to do harder things as your level increases (except possibly the arcade… that one’s quite difficult enough already, thank you.). The existing quests do a good job of getting the player interested in each feature and giving information about it at the same time, but they peter out relatively quickly, and now with a level over thousand, I don’t see any new quests being added to my list anymore (unless I complete one of the arena-related ones, maybe).

Flag Post

this is kind of a stupid suggestion but maybe you should change the casual difficulty to “normal” and instead of “recommended for beginners” say “would usually be used for idle purposes OR for beginners” or something like that, because i use casual when i idle in smiley island but beat megaboss on hardcore with +3 bonus consistently. the phrase “recommended for beginners” just doesnt sound right because even people 5000 up could be using casual instead of hard core for things like tower of DOOOOOM and chuck noris.

i know its kind of strange but it just seems inaccurate to me.

Flag Post

I’d like to see some actual uses for being evil in Awesome Adventures – the tiny coin loots you have a chance of getting are pretty lousy compared to the BC good characters get.

Flag Post

Being able to hide the progress bar
I don’t know if this has bothered anybody else, since there are options to hide boosts/breaking news as well as level/exp/coins I’d really like some sort of option to hide the progress bar as well. For one, hiding it would definitely decrease my lag since my laptop is awful. Additionally it would stop being so distracting when I’m playing in the arcade. (I tried covering up the progress bar with one hand when in the arcade and immediately noticed an increase in my performance.)

Time Warp in FCG
This card allows you to draw two more cards when played. My only grievance is that you draw the two cards before the card is actually played. Since you have a max of 6 cards in your hand, if this card is played when you have 6 cards you won’t get a card to replace it. Likewise, if you have 5 cards you will only get one card from playing this. It’s just something minor, but would love to see it fixed.

Other than that, the ideas on ascension and battle arena both sound very interesting. I’m a huge fan of customization though so I’m really looking forward to the House and being able to change around your racer in the Stadium.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:

• When you start the run:

• Your Coins, Green Coins and Blue Coins are stored. You may not use stored money until level 9001.
  • It would be cool if you could view any temporarily-removed/stored things in a “vault”, which you would obtain upon ascending into a Hard or Impossible ascension and would be put in your House somewhere.

Flag Post

Allow on the Awesome Adventures to be EVIL and reward the players with different bonusses in the shop.

Battle Arena: Add a hint on how much material you need to have a chance to gain an item for your level.

Battle Arena: Add MAGE Char-possibility.
    Instead of melee or ranged weapons a new shop with “Spell Books” is open. Here you can buy ONE Book out of X possibilities (Different Mage-Archetypes)
    Corresponding to the book you have different skilltrees.
    You can only buy a book when you are Battle Arena Rank 1.
    You may also buy a “Zombie Scroll” which kills you once and for all and instantly also ressurects you to level 1. This scroll should be very expensive and cost a mix of Yellow, Green, Blue and Red Coins.
    The spells differ from Book to Book, as stated above. Ideas:
    - Fire Mage
    - Ice Mage
    - Cleric
    - Priest
    - Necromancer (incl. Summon spells, where he spawns a zombie, skelleton etc. in front of himself which he can buff or use as “shield”)
    - Water Mage
    - (Fun Book) Shit Mage (Yup, brown projectiles and such ^^)
    - (Fun Book) Beer Mage
    - Beelze Mage (mostly parasites and insects summonings)

__

also please LOWER the requirements of the arcade hall quests. For some people, like myself, it is almost impossible to reach at least only the 100k… I don’t want to think about ever reaching a “goal”….

Flag Post

Agh! I see so many suggestions about a daily quest. So, I’m going to tell you a story :D

A long long time ago, In a gal- Okay, a while back we DID have a daily quest where you would have to complete certain tasks. It was pretty buggy, and it encouraged cheating a lot. Eventually, Tukkun removed it.
    Plus, with the suggestion to have daily stuff for each feature, it makes players feel obliged to complete them. Would you think it was very fun if you spent ~45 minutes to get things like a high pong score, a number of clicks, and X number of profit, and then be able to do what you want? I sure don’t. :( /rant

Suggestion: For the new house, in the 2nd room, you should be able to buy different decorations, not just a flower vase. Like, instead of buying a flower vase, we could hang a painting or something :)

Flag Post
    Originally posted by TurtlePig:Plus, with the suggestion to have daily stuff for each feature, it makes players feel obliged to complete them. Would you think it was very fun if you spent ~45 minutes to get things like a high pong score, a number of clicks, and X number of profit, and then be able to do what you want? I sure don’t. :( /rant

As long as the quests can be done in a reasonable amount of time (maybe not 45 minutes, depending on what it is…) and are somewhat rewarding, then what you describe sounds actually pretty good. We could have (craftable?) keys or something functionally identical to get a number of these quests each day – that would get around the ‘being obliged to do them bit’.

Flag Post

a new feature dragon litter box cleaner
    once a day you get to clean cra….i would hope yellow coins are real gold

ill make a pixel one,but this get’s my point across

Flag Post

A set of daily quests to award daily activity in all features
    1.Daily Gardener
    Harvest all trees 10 times (without auto-harvest)
    2.Daily Fighter
    Kill 50 monsters while (really) anti-idling
    3.Daily Card Player
    Win 4 Tukkun FCG matches
    4.Daily Dragon feeder (I’m not sure this one is good)
    Feed the dragon of wisdom 15 times
    5.Daily Battery Charger
    Charge the money printer battery for 2000 charges
    6.Daily Racer
    Play 15 races (including practice and bets)
    7. Daily trader
    Sell gems for 5,000*(Max gem amount) profit

Also, Make that the amount of GC invested in gems won’t be subtracted from your profit so that you won’t need to sell your gems to get a capacity increase. This means the profit will be gained or lost by selling gems for more or less than the price you bought them in

Flag Post
    Originally posted by missingno:

I’d like to see some actual uses for being evil in Awesome Adventures – the tiny coin loots you have a chance of getting are pretty lousy compared to the BC good characters get.

no you pay for being good, like you give energy refills while evil people get illegal green coins so being evil already has much more rewards

Flag Post
    Originally posted by markboy11:

no you pay for being good, like you give energy refills while evil people get illegal green coins so being evil already has much more rewards

The GC is extremely little – just 1000-3000. And good characters can reliably receive Lolmarket gems, while evil characters get a random chance of stealing them or losing energy instead. YC costs to buy good things are negligible too.

I don’t even bother with AA any more. It’s a waste of time trying to be evil.

Flag Post

How’s about scalable turn-in quests?

For example, for YC we can do:

1M YC → 1 Progress box
    100M YC → 2 Progress box
    1B YC → 3 Progress box

The idea being that you can spend a lot more to get a better reward. Of course, scaling and such would be your choice, but the idea is better for something like stadium tokens.

400 tokens → Some GC
    400K tokens → 100 BC

And so forth. People who have a huge hoard of stuff they no longer use can then spend a large portion of them for a decent reward.

Obviously in the case of stadium tokens, you’ll have to do some clever balancing since people can just save scum to get an obscene amount of stadium tokens, and turn in that huge amount every day.

Flag Post
    • Please, please, PLEASE make the Tier Mastery skills in the arena dependent on Arena Rank only, rather than on skill points already spent, so I don’t have to put points into Quick Attack if I’m going for Power Attack and can instead use the points required for the next tier to max the rest of the rank 1 skills to 12/22/32. Surely that would make sense.

Flag Post

let ascending give also minimum boosts

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Exportforce:

Allow on the Awesome Adventures to be EVIL and reward the players with different bonusses in the shop.

Battle Arena: Add a hint on how much material you need to have a chance to gain an item for your level.

Battle Arena: Add MAGE Char-possibility.
    Instead of melee or ranged weapons a new shop with “Spell Books” is open. Here you can buy ONE Book out of X possibilities (Different Mage-Archetypes)
    Corresponding to the book you have different skilltrees.
    You can only buy a book when you are Battle Arena Rank 1.
    You may also buy a “Zombie Scroll” which kills you once and for all and instantly also ressurects you to level 1. This scroll should be very expensive and cost a mix of Yellow, Green, Blue and Red Coins.
    The spells differ from Book to Book, as stated above. Ideas:
    - Fire Mage
    - Ice Mage
    - Cleric
    - Priest
    - Necromancer (incl. Summon spells, where he spawns a zombie, skelleton etc. in front of himself which he can buff or use as “shield”)
    - Water Mage
    - (Fun Book) Shit Mage (Yup, brown projectiles and such ^^)
    - (Fun Book) Beer Mage
    - Beelze Mage (mostly parasites and insects summonings)

__

also please LOWER the requirements of the arcade hall quests. For some people, like myself, it is almost impossible to reach at least only the 100k… I don’t want to think about ever reaching a “goal”….

tukkun said to not balance your own idea’s. shit mage sounds just gross. allow me to re do the idea of your suggestion in a way tukkun might find more acceptable:

There should be a shop in battle arena that allows you to buy elemental ranged spell books with different unique bonuses on them. these spell books could also possibly add to the new buff system you are thinking of adding.

another possibility is it can add a single unique spell to your spell list, like for example, you equip the necromancer spell book and you use the ability it gives you(in place of something like combo strike or maybe you could make an entirely new spell slot for that specifically). your weapon turns into a bone sword and deals high amounts of damage depending on your level for a certain amount of time. or if you equip a fire spell book you can cast a fire elemental spell that blasts the enemy with fire(possibly adding fire damage)

you could also have these spell books be an offhand weapon. i have seen plenty of people suggesting offhand items.

Flag Post

Item storage? Would pretty much be required if ascension is really going to render you unable to use your stuff. Also, it would be generally useful and could be another thing where you can force the player to sink ridiculous amounts of yellow coins into it to upgrade it. That’s what you like, right? :)

I’d like to have several screens’ worth in the end (with each screen being 4×6 panels), so you can store more sets of armor with different bonuses / store enhancers for when you can use them or go on a crafting / enhancing binge after activating the career.

Flag Post

There should be a pinball game in the arcade! It shoul be called “elements of life.” One quarter should be water, one quarter fire, one quarter nature, and one quarter earth. It would cost 1 token. Could people help me with the rest of this?

Flag Post

Maybe there could be a thing in the battle arena where you buy special areas.
    add another stat like pixel drop where you pay green coins

Flag Post

“Would you think it was very fun if you spent ~45 minutes to get things like a high pong score, a number of clicks, and X number of profit, and then be able to do what you want? I sure don’t.”

That is pretty much the point of the game anyway, and people do that regardless. Feeling the sense of accomplishment is one thing as well, I don’t think it’s as much about not being able to do what you want.

In a game, people want something to work at, and in that way, the feeling of completing the difficult quest is much better, than doing that ‘because you want’, and then not gaining anything extra. A goal gives a purpose to thrive for, and most people gain much more satisfaction from failing to reach that goal but later on being able to see their improvement, if/when they get there, instead of not having multiple goals of varying size (get to level 9001 is one, but I doubt that it would make you actively play for a long time, therefore smaller goals, reachable in the time span of a single day’s playing are necessary to keep interest), and therefore making the playing feel more monotonous.

What would you do in that 45 minutes, if you don’t have something specific to go for? Personally, I’m pretty sure I would just idle it away, reaching towards level 9001 eventually, but if there was extra merit in playing arcade/whatever, it would make doing that much more fun and interesting. /rant

As I suggested it on the previous page myself, I’m all for having more diversity with daily quests. And being able to hide completed achievements.

“There should be a pinball game in the arcade!”
    Sure, but I think that halting the development of all the other features for a, say, month, is quite a waste for just a single game in the arcade. Sure, people will play it, but first they will be angry because they are used to a constant inflow of updates. Props for Tukkun about that though, making way over 1337 updates in a game.

Nothing more for now, I think? I had several things on mind, but they already have been suggested/are on your to-do list.

Flag Post

I dont like the button machine it kills my hand i dont mind the clicking but i constantly have to keep moving my mouse.And well it kills my hand.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by lorthos:

I dont like the button machine it kills my hand i dont mind the clicking but i constantly have to keep moving my mouse.And well it kills my hand.

You dont have to use it, then? If your goal is level 9000, you can easily achieve it without the button machine, and if you play for fun? Well, the button machine obviously isn’t fun for you.

You don’t have to do it so long in a sitting that it kills your hand? The quests are doable without, and out of achievements you miss only the combo ones in the long run, you know?