Technical issues guide page 3

80 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Traxaber:

Hey guys, for some reason, my whole chat.kongregate.com folder was deleted. Any way to fix this at all?

Do you use chrome? If so, take a look in the sticky. Otherwise, I would guess you used a program that cleans out cookies.

Flag Post

Could you add something about backing up speedrun savefiles here? I don’t think its mentioned anywhere else unless I am mistaken. It is saved as a seperate file to your normal savefile and needs to be backed up seperately, too.

Flag Post

Thank you Aurian. I finally figured out how to get to my savefile. Now It’s on a USB, and is completely safe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheHoma:

Thank you Aurian. I finally figured out how to get to my savefile. Now It’s on a USB, and is completely safe.

Excellent. I’m glad to hear.

Originally posted by sprogman:

Could you add something about backing up speedrun savefiles here? I don’t think its mentioned anywhere else unless I am mistaken. It is saved as a seperate file to your normal savefile and needs to be backed up seperately, too.

I will add their names to the list of files in my savefile backup, that is linked here. Thank you for reminding me.

Flag Post

Apparently I now suck, because I am confused by something I wrote myself. Earlier today, I decided to check if I had setup this computer to run flash in the background, and I realized my instructions and Abra’s do not match. I say place the file directly in the System 32 or SysWOW64 folder, whereas Abra says to put it in subfolder Macromed → Flash.

I do find it more likely that I screwed up than Abra being wrong, but then again I don’t think I’d fail that bad without a reason. Also, I do have the file in Macromed → Flash, and it does not run properly in the background.

Does anyone remember if it now needs a different location, or do I just suck at life in general?

Flag Post

The Macromed/Flash folder is the folder where Flash is installed and runs from. Like every other application, the configuration file must be in the same folder the program is found in. Also, if you have folders for Flash in both System 32 and SysWOW64 you should put the configuration file on both. They’re different versions of Flash, and it’s the browser you’re using that chooses which one to use.

Flag Post

Thanks. That’s good to know, I will update the guide later.

Flag Post

fullframeratewheninvisable fix doesnt seem to be working for me anymore…

Flag Post

If you’re using Chrome, it doesn’t work for the built in Flash player. You should disable it (about:plugins → pepflashplayer.dll). If you don’t want to disable it, then you have to live with it (there is a partial fix for the issue though).

If you’re not using Chrome, downgrade your flash player and see if it starts working again.

Flag Post

This is strange, but when I’m in the Battle Arena, I’m stuck constantly with my weapons constantly being stabbed. I’ve tried clicking and the only way it stops is if I hold my left mouse button, drag off the screen and click. However, when I go to click on another item on the screen, it starts again. Advice?

Flag Post

Well, I’m having the strangest thing happen, and it is only this game but when I’m on the game its stuck on the grey screen here’s a image for reference http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk39/mcca5679/referece_zps214deb2f.jpg

Flag Post
Originally posted by hmscoachhardin:

Sounds like sticky keys. If you are using Internet Explorer, try another browser and see if if does the same. If it does, come back and let me know.

Originally posted by pass007:

I believe that was a recent Kongregate issue, but I am not sure. I will see if I can find the relevant thread.

EDIT: Okay, I found it. Look here.

Flag Post

where do i find the path where i put my mms.cfg file on a mac?

Flag Post

I have absolutely no idea. I don’t use mac and I don’t plan to, so don’t know anything about it. I’m sure you could find it if you google though. “mac mms.cfg” or something.

Flag Post

find it, it was in MainDisk:Library:Application Support:Macromedia

Flag Post

Thanks. I have added it.

There’s a lot of information missing in this guide and the format is completely broken, so I suppose I will be remaking this at some point. For now, bear with me as I have zero energy to do so.

Flag Post

Anti idle seems to run far slower than real time when it is in another tab. A WM pyramid (4 minutes) run was done twice as slow without me being there.

Using chrome.

Flag Post

There is no fix for your issue. Change browsers, disable the flash player that comes with Chrome and install a standalone flash player, or live with it.

Flag Post

Opening it in another window was a fix.

Flag Post

That’s not a fix. The problem can happen again when the window is out of view.

Flag Post

Indeed it does. Ill try disabling pepper flash then.

Flag Post

My problem is that I can’t use spirit, I had an spirit pyra, when I checked my inventory it was normal, not spirit. Then, I used an spirit rock on it, again, it remains normal. I crafted a “My name tree stick” that its supposed to be spirit, and nothing, its normal when I craft it, even when it says its spirit in the crafting screen.

Basically I cant get an spirit item in my inventory… I ascended for the second time 4 days ago, and I was able to use spirit then, and Im not sure but I think it was yesterday that I was also able to use spirit too. but now I cant. Any solution?
Thanks

Flag Post

Sorry for double posting, but im kind of desperate about this… In my rush I downloaded a .sol editor, trying to figure out where was the problem. After like 2 hours trying to understand what I was doing, and being extremely carefull to not to basically destroy my own savefile, I discovered this only difference between a normal savefile, and my corrupted one where spirit can’t be used at all. Left one, my savefile, right one, normal savefile,

http://gyazo.com/6357c94c929cfcb87776e27517546e47

The only difference I met is that one is a box, thus, it detects my inventory items. and the other isn’t.. no Idea how it turned out that way. Also Im assuming cause of the name of.. well “that thingie”, that the problem is in there. Any suggestions?

PD: just found the edit button

Flag Post

Hope this is the right topic. Having an issue with the “No Help For You” achievement. I’m using a Windows 8 laptop, and the thing you have to do to get the achievement doesn’t work on it. What do I do?

For reference, using Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m.

Flag Post

Make sure you’re actively in the game first (as in, click on a button in the game to be sure), then try. If not, there may be some issue with Win8 and/or your computer and the keys – maybe there’s a F-lock or another way to disable/enable whatever you need for the keys to work properly.