[Guide] Mining

80 posts

Flag Post

Introduced with the awesome update, the act of mining involves taking a mining pick, being in-between the training zone and triangle land, and attacking max defense crystals.
Picks:
Your main tool for mining, you need to have these equipped in order to mine at all. Note that you cannot apply bonus rocks to any picks, and with the exception of the bronze pick, all of the crafted picks have a time duration of 7 days. You can also get a master pickaxe from a PMB, with a 24 hour duration, if you get lucky. Pickaxes can also level up, increasing the speed by 1.

Bronze pickaxe:
Rank 30, speed 4, crit 3%, 6%, drop rate, +10
Spawns level 1000 crystals on normal, and 1300 on HC

Silver pickaxe:
Rank 70, speed 5, crit 6%, 12%, drop rate, 12% crit damage, +9
Spawns level 2000 crystals on normal, and 2600 on HC

Golden pickaxe:
Rank 120, speed 5, crit 9%, 18%, drop rate, 18% crit damage, +9
Spawns level 3500 crystals on normal, and 4550 on HC

Diamond pickaxe:
Rank 180, speed 6, crit 12%, 27%, drop rate, 27% crit damage, +9
Spawns level 5000 crystals on normal, and 6500 on HC

Master’s pickaxe:
Rank 250, speed 6, crit 15%, 36%, drop rate, 36% crit damage, +9
Spawns level 7000 crystals on normal, and 9001 on HC

Why would I mine?
Killing secret crystals may not give good exp, but they drop fantastic quantities of CM, between 200k and 500k for the lv 9001 crystals, and led me to make 15 million CM per hour.

Secret crystals: The higher the level, the more health of the crystal, and the more rewards. If you don’t manage to kill a crystal within 2 minutes, it will blow up.

How to maximize production while mining.
Clearly, you want to use the Master’s pickaxe, as it spawns the best crystals, and has the best stats. Try to put either a 2 or 3 weapon speed enhancer on it for the final enhancement.
Make sure you have enough armor speed enhancers to hit 25 speed.
Attack is useless, as is mastery, either go for double hit or crit bonuses on armor. Pixel or reward bonuses on armor, as pixel bonus seems to increase CM as well.
Use a level 32 quick attack, doesn’t matter if you have improved or not.
Bosshunter, the damage increase effect, works very well on the crystals.
Either use a cursed necklace, or the craft-able nightmare potion for 40% more exp, 80% more pixels and coins, and 60(?)% more drop rate, as your damage is unaffected.

Always looking for tips or ways to add to the guide, if anyone has discovered anything about mining not mentioned here, leave a comment and I’ll add it in.

Flag Post

First to comment! Looks pretty good, I didn’t know half the stuff, so useful… (Unlike this comment) :)

Flag Post

You forgot to mention the fact that crystals will violently explode after two minutes. Kinda important, especially for those that need a guide in the first place :D

Flag Post

I didn’t discover it, but something to add. BossHunter works on crystals and can make it quite a bit quicker to kill them if you have a good pendant or bonus in in it.

Flag Post

Awesome guide so far, makes me want to actually pick up a pickaxe and mine

Flag Post

Another benefit to mining the level 9001 crystals is the enhancers that drop. With some Drop Rate on your armor, you can get level 9 and 10 enhancers pretty regularly, even when idling. Also, they are a great source of Superior Crafting Material. So much so that I crafted 10 extra pieces of Emperor Clothing armor just to level up my item maker career.

Flag Post

Nightmare potions work well with mining as well, since the damage you do is predetermined. You’ll still do 1337 (without bosshunter) damage per hit with nightmare buff, and get increased rewards.

Flag Post

There is mining?

Flag Post
Originally posted by camcam2:

There is mining?

Obviously.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Musluk:

Nightmare potions work well with mining as well, since the damage you do is predetermined. You’ll still do 1337 (without bosshunter) damage per hit with nightmare buff, and get increased rewards.

Would you mind linking exactly what a nightmare buff does?

Flag Post

Nightmare potion decreases atk and def to 1%, but that doesn’t matter because you deal 1337 base anyways.

Bosshunter pendant is the best pendant there is for mining, you should add it in the post.

Flag Post

Toon, it’s already added. Smetzy, nightmare buffs your rewards SO MUCH. XD

Flag Post

wrong post EDIT

Flag Post

I would love to see some formatting, just to make it easier to read. Marking in bold names of pick axes and the questions/titles, would make it a lot easier to follow.

Edit: Forgot to say that aside from formatting, it’s really good. Nice to have all the info in one place =)

Flag Post

I’ll do that later today.

Flag Post

Nightmare potion acts as 4 reward potions stacked up. The drop rate bonus is actually 120%. It’s awesome :D

Flag Post

I am very much conufsed. I got the Masters Pickaxe from mystery box. But, how to use it? Crystals never spawn. i cant equip it. I am rank 238. What is the problem? By the time anyone replys, my pick will be gone D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlighFree12:

I am very much conufsed. I got the Masters Pickaxe from mystery box. But, how to use it? Crystals never spawn. i cant equip it. I am rank 238. What is the problem? By the time anyone replys, my pick will be gone D:

Masters Pickaxe requires you to be rank 250. So you can’t equip it yet.

Flag Post

One modified suggestion. Instead of trying to get a weapon speed rock on the pick, try to get a weapon growth rock on it instead. It’s much easier to do thanks to the 100% starting success percentage, and when you’re successful, it’ll level up 3 times, giving 3 more speed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MarkDey:

One modified suggestion. Instead of trying to get a weapon speed rock on the pick, try to get a weapon growth rock on it instead. It’s much easier to do thanks to the 100% starting success percentage, and when you’re successful, it’ll level up 3 times, giving 3 more speed.

Valid point.

Flag Post

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work (or, at least it didn’t in the SSF)

Flag Post

Where i can get nightmare potions?
//Edit:Nevermind, i got cursed pendant and when i eguip it i got nightmare buff

Flag Post

You need to get 24.3m score in pyramid to be able to make Nightmares.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MarkDey:

If this works, it’s an awesome suggestion!

Flag Post
Originally posted by aaro54:

Where i can get nightmare potions?
//Edit:Nevermind, i got cursed pendant and when i eguip it i got nightmare buff

Use the potions, which are craftable after scoring 24,3m in pyramid like Musluk said. You should use a boss damage pendant. If you don’t have one then I guess cursed pendant is ok, but your kill speed will be much faster if you use boss hunter.