[Guide] Mining page 3

83 posts

Flag Post

Why has nobody mentioned the Legendary pickaxe yet?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

Of course someone will respond! We’re not that mean =)

It is WAY too early for you to even think about mining. I’m not sure exactly when people normally start, but to do it efficiently, you will be well past level 7000. You can probably do it before that, but it’d be slooooow without proper setup. I’d leave it be for at least 3000 levels, if not more.

Not so. I can mine lvl 1ks at lvl 857 rank 103 with a speed ring and a silver pickaxe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by piqj105:

It is WAY too early for you to even think about mining. I’m not sure exactly when people normally start, but to do it efficiently, you will be well past level 7000. You can probably do it before that, but it’d be slooooow without proper setup. I’d leave it be for at least 3000 levels, if not more.

Not so. I can mine lvl 1ks at lvl 857 rank 103 with a speed ring and a silver pickaxe.

But there’s a large difference between Silver (1k) and Legendary/Unobtainium (9k), including drops, which make the lower level crystals somewhat more useless. I believe that’s what Aurian was going for.

Flag Post

I was concerned cause i saw the last post was more than a month ago xP. Thanks for the advice hehe. I thought i was doing something wrong… I was only hitting the crystal for 1337 per hit lol

Flag Post

That tends to happen with guides, as there’s not always new things to post. But it’s great that you ask your question in the guide about the topic, that’s what they are there for.

And you are supposed to deal 1337 damage. That’s the set damage against crystals. You can increase it with things like bosshunter orange bonus, and critical hits, but that requires an actual setup, which is impossible for you to get at the moment.

Like I said, I’m sure it’s possible to mine earlier on as pigj105 said, but as crazye97 replied, there’s a difference between a silver pickaxe killing level 1k crystals and the later ones. The lower level ones won’t drop all that great enhancers, so you might as well spare yourself the trouble that early on =)

Flag Post

This guide was kinda inaccurate when it was released, and got even more inaccurate with the recent changes (addition of SC2, Legendary/Unobtainium Pickaxe, reduction of Secret Crystal level, stat changes, etc.).

Flag Post

Yes. Be aware that if youre intending to idle mine, just because you can barely defeat Secret Crystal within 2 minutes does NOT make you safe, since there is a Secret Crystal 2 which rarely spawns (but it WILL happen given several hours of idling) and has substantially higher HP…

Overall if you ask me, i say mining is unnecessary and sort of a pointless distraction in the BA. Why? Because there are ways to get enhancer filter to 100% and then go do Tower of DOOOOOM or Secret Dungeon to get lvl E enhancers….. Mining gives basically 0 exp compared to those places too….Maybe with an unobtainium pickaxe mining has more of a purpose

Flag Post
Originally posted by piqj105:

the thing is, there is a huge difference in the definition of “efficient” for a level 857 and someone who has done multiple ascensions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:

This guide was kinda inaccurate when it was released, and got even more inaccurate with the recent changes (addition of SC2, Legendary/Unobtainium Pickaxe, reduction of Secret Crystal level, stat changes, etc.).

How’d I not notice that Unotainium Pickaxe hiding all the way down there?

For some raisin, the timed one has a better Critical chance (21%) instead of 20%, which the untimed one has, but the timed one only costs 1,337 Green Crafting Material and yields 750K craft EXP with a lifespan of 7 days.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UpsetFisherMAN:

the thing is, there is a huge difference in the definition of “efficient” for a level 857 and someone who has done multiple ascensions.

I am fully aware of that. I am not talking about getting top grade enhancers while idling. I’m talking about reliably getting ANY enhancers that you want, when you kill extremely slowly due to poor equipment and unability to pick the bonuses you want. If you want to do it then sure, do it, but it’s most likely a waste of your time as you’ll get crap enhancers and can’t afford doing much with them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UpsetFisherMAN:

I am fully aware of that. I am not talking about getting top grade enhancers while idling. I’m talking about reliably getting ANY enhancers that you want, when you kill extremely slowly due to poor equipment and unability to pick the bonuses you want. If you want to do it then sure, do it, but it’s most likely a waste of your time as you’ll get crap enhancers and can’t afford doing much with them.

haha. I believe there was a misunderstanding; i was talking in reply to piqj105, where he mentioned that he can idle mine “efficiently” at level 857.

Flag Post

Ah =) My mistake, sorry! =)

Flag Post

I know this is an older guide, but it seems like the place to post about this.
When mining, my BA reward stats (exp/coins/pixels) don’t seem to affect SC rates. For example, not wearing a ring, an SC will give me 315k exp, and 150k coins. For a blood surfer, about 600k exp. With the exp or greed ring on, SC gives the same exp/coins, while blood surfer’s exp gain jumps to about 1m.
My main-game boosts still affect the rates, but giving myself nightmare buff or boosting my reward rates doesn’t seem to do anything, and I can’t find any confirmation about when this change went into place. Anybody mind posting an explanation/confirmation in here, just to have it on record?

Flag Post

^ Cool post. Totally ontopic too

Flag Post

Pickaxes deal more damage to pirate’s gems.
Example – my usuall weapon deal 2\5 damage on cas.
Pickaxe – 5\14.

Flag Post

Uh.. In my opinion, as long as you max your quick attack, you can mine at any level although it wouldn’t really be much profit and you can’t idle but if people who wants to try mining, you can always reset your skills and max quick attack and spam it to mine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Smetzy22:

You can also get a master pickaxe from a PMB, with a 24 hour duration, if you get lucky.

I got Master’s Pickaxe [+9] from PMB and it’s permanent!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sumpfkuhhirte:
Originally posted by Smetzy22:

You can also get a master pickaxe from a PMB, with a 24 hour duration, if you get lucky.

I got Master’s Pickaxe [+9] from PMB and it’s permanent!

Look at the date..

Flag Post

Level 122, Bronze PickAxe – Casual Mode – Quick Attack. I’m sure it takes everybit of 1:59 to kill the guys but they are only level 500. My chance to crit goes down to 3% with the pickaxe equipped, but it can be done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nemo54321:

Level 122, Bronze PickAxe – Casual Mode – Quick Attack. I’m sure it takes everybit of 1:59 to kill the guys but they are only level 500. My chance to crit goes down to 3% with the pickaxe equipped, but it can be done.

My bad, Rank 43 in BA.

Flag Post

I suggest people using the Cruelty Ring since that will boost the damage. Combined with the Corrupted BlobBB IA or Corrupted Treeman IA which adds an additional 60% to bosses, I get around 11k – 12k crit with only a silver pickaxe.

Flag Post

Heya all,

I just got a master pick from box but I am a few lvls below 250. I see that it does NOT have a timer on it. Is this because a)the timer starts when I hit 250 OR b)the timer was taken off in an update?

Regards,

Flag Post

B, timed items will always count down even if you can’t use them

Flag Post

X,

So I assume that the master PA has had its timer removed. Nice.

Thanks

Flag Post

I tried to use an elite growth rock on a diamond pickaxe, but it didn’t work. Why is that?