Game Bugs page 60

3175 posts

Flag Post

can’t sell certain equips “using shift + k + click”

As the title says, I can't sell certain items in the Battle Arena when I use the "Shift + K + Click" option that is required for certain items like Triangle Gems.  For some reason, when I hold shift and press k, my mouse disappears on the screen and it won't allow me to sell the item.  The strange thing is that the game still recognizes my mouse click so it will just equip the item instead of selling it.  This happens with any item that requires me to use the "shift + k + click" selling method, but the normal method of "shift + click" works fine for me.  

If it means anything, my computer is an Acer C7 Chromebook made by Google and the browser I used is Google Chrome.  Lastly, I am unable to take a screenshot of the "disappearing mouse" since my hands aren't large enough to press that many keys at once (blame Chromebook's stupid way of taking a screenshot).

Thank you for your time and I hope there's a way to fix this.  My inventory is slowly starting to fill up with items I can't sell.

moehawkman | 753 / 1,425,327,794 | [d1]–57 | F0 | v1,536 | LNX 11,5,31,3 | Mon Jan 14 09:28:46 GMT-0800 2013

Flag Post
Originally posted by moehawkman:

can’t sell certain equips “using shift + k + click”

As the title says, I can't sell certain items in the Battle Arena when I use the "Shift + K + Click" option that is required for certain items like Triangle Gems.  For some reason, when I hold shift and press k, my mouse disappears on the screen and it won't allow me to sell the item.  The strange thing is that the game still recognizes my mouse click so it will just equip the item instead of selling it.  This happens with any item that requires me to use the "shift + k + click" selling method, but the normal method of "shift + click" works fine for me.  

If it means anything, my computer is an Acer C7 Chromebook made by Google and the browser I used is Google Chrome.  Lastly, I am unable to take a screenshot of the "disappearing mouse" since my hands aren't large enough to press that many keys at once (blame Chromebook's stupid way of taking a screenshot).

Thank you for your time and I hope there's a way to fix this.  My inventory is slowly starting to fill up with items I can't sell.

moehawkman | 753 / 1,425,327,794 | [d1]–57 | F0 | v1,536 | LNX 11,5,31,3 | Mon Jan 14 09:28:46 GMT-0800 2013

As tukkun mentioned earlier, try pressing k then shift

Flag Post

Auto Idle card functions different than description.

The idle card's description does not seem to fit for the actual functionality of the card. This difference may have been from recent changes or I could just be understanding the wording differently.

The problem is although the description says that it will change change to idle mode as "required", it seems to switch based on a random amount of time, rather than based on how full the progress bar is. This means that the mode will randomly switch to idle in the middle of the progress bar, sometimes lasting until the progress bar is full. Other times, this causes the progress bar to be full for a few seconds before being switching to idle.

I do not mind if this was an intentional functionality, but if it was, then maybe the description to be altered to state that it "periodically changes to idle" instead to clear up misunderstandings.

Flamarow | 745 / 1,380,299,796 | [d1]–70 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,137 | Mon Jan 14 17:35:31 GMT-0500 2013

Flag Post

Its not; its based on how long you don’t move your cursor for in that tab if you do indeed have another tab open at the same time.

Flag Post

“Match Delay” card

I used the "Match Delay" card in the card game (level 1, if it matters) right at the start.  Both the opponent and I have 80 HP.  I watched as my opponent's HP ticked up higher than 80 twice, while mine stayed stagnant - neither of us had a monster card out yet.  So, the programming on the card doesn't affect the player in the same way as it affects the opponent.

pellia | 835 / 1,942,876,188 | [d1]–186 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,502,146 | Mon Jan 14 17:25:20 GMT-0600 2013

Flag Post

Accidentally triggering 10 minute anti-cheating system.

I think this might be Chrome-only (didn't test to confirm, sorry), but I've had an issue with the 
game thinking that I've held down a key when I haven't.

What I've done is, holding down a key, say C or X and clicking off the game, like chat. The game 
continues to act as if the key is being held down. The odd part though, is that if you re-click 
in the game-window, the game continues to think the key is being held down, which it shouldn't. 
(The off-game window holding down key thing makes sense.)

So, while still attacking as if you're holding down a key, you can freely click around, buy 
boosts, check achievements, go to Quests, etc.

Yes, it still does trigger the 10 minute exhaustion thing.

adv0catus | 25,132 / 450,594,891,991 | [d1]–154 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,137 | Mon Jan 14 19:57:40 GMT-0500 2013

[Edit: To ‘un-attack’, all I need to do is press the button again (maybe any, haven’t checked – but mouse clicks don’t work) and I stop attacking and everything is normal again.]

Flag Post

Awesome adventures free drink adventure

When you take the adventure and click on the "Give him 50,000GC as thanks" it'll act as if you had the GC even if your GC is below 50,000

Belcher91 | 2,182 / 34,610,517,956 | [d1]–374 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,137 | Mon Jan 14 22:11:51 GMT-0600 2013

Flag Post
Originally posted by Belcher91:

Awesome adventures free drink adventure

When you take the adventure and click on the "Give him 50,000GC as thanks" it'll act as if you had the GC even if your GC is below 50,000

Belcher91 | 2,182 / 34,610,517,956 | [d1]–374 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,137 | Mon Jan 14 22:11:51 GMT-0600 2013

Not true. The game gives you a different message: “You didn’t have much, but you gave him all of your remaining Green Coins to thank him for the free Energy”. You also get 2 reputation instead of 4.

Flag Post

Turns take forever, AI cheats by responding/chaining cards too quickly

We don't need 10 seconds to click 2 cards.  Since there's no /real/ PvP I don't see a reason for using a timer at all in the first place, but can we please get an "end turn" button either way?

If real PvP ever comes along, "turn finished" states could still be used, getting reset if the other player plays a card after you've pressed the button.

And while we're at it, there ought to be at least a 250ms delay for the AI after either player plays a card.  Either that or just remove the simultaneous turns altogether which would be even more fair.

Finally, there seems to be a frequent issue with the card interface where hovering/clicking on the title area of a card is treated as focus on the card directly above, resulting in cards failing to play or worse, the wrong one getting played.  It doesn't always happen but seems to happen most when the deck has gaps and/or cards are being played or a turn ending.

HonoredMule | 965 / 2,991,731,996 | [d1]–210 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,5 | Tue Jan 15 14:10:38 GMT-0400 2013

Flag Post

Cards hold a slot while being played

This could be intended behavior but nowhere is it specified.  Cards which draw more cards fail to draw a self-replacing card.  i.e. if there's room for one card and a card is played which draws two, only one card is drawn leaving the space vacated by the original card empty.  And naturally, the cards which fill your hand never do, also leaving space for one more.

HonoredMule | 969 / 3,035,101,542 | [d1]–211 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,5 | Tue Jan 15 14:51:31 GMT-0400 2013

Flag Post
Originally posted by HonoredMule:

Cards hold a slot while being played

This could be intended behavior but nowhere is it specified.  Cards which draw more cards fail to draw a self-replacing card.  i.e. if there's room for one card and a card is played which draws two, only one card is drawn leaving the space vacated by the original card empty.  And naturally, the cards which fill your hand never do, also leaving space for one more.

HonoredMule | 969 / 3,035,101,542 | [d1]–211 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,5 | Tue Jan 15 14:51:31 GMT-0400 2013

Do not double post. If you need to edit your post, click on “Edit post”. Also, your 2nd bug is not a bug. It is intended, so that if, say, people want to use a time warp to get rid of it without being poisoned, they can.

Flag Post

Turns take forever, AI cheats by responding/chaining cards too quickly

Turns taking forever – how is that a bug? Use the Suggestions sticky instead.
AI cheating – it’s been mentioned many times – it’s not a bug, but it’s not off the table.
Card interface – make sure you’re on the right card before you click. Even if you have to move the mouse off the cards and try again.

Flag Post

I’m definitely on the right cards and I have to move off and back on them multiple times. 3 out of 4 times the card immediately behind pops up instead, and I’m coming in from the side without ever touching other cards (not counting the one that pulls to front on me, but I never mouse over where that card was actually visible).

As a fellow developer with strong interest in usability, it annoys me when people refuse to acknowledge poor interface or behavioral /design/ as a bug (or understand the idea of software /design/ bugs in general). There are such things as bugs in the design/planning itself, which are merely upheld by rather than created in the code which implements it.

How /some/ of these issues should be classified is certainly subjective enough to warrant debate, but I would posit they deserve the level of attention and priority of a bug report, as they to not qualify as new feature requests (about the only thing that really belongs in a suggestion thread) and each highlight simple shortcomings in existing system that require relatively minimal effort to correct. Again, you could counter that an “end turn” button qualifies as an enhancement “feature,” but I think I’ll manage to live with myself after making a differing judgement call and submitting all of it here.

Flag Post

I think you should review your definition of bug. Anyone you ask will answer it’s something that causes incorrect or unintended results. A different design view from yours certainly doesn’t qualify.

The 10 sec timer is there on the first turn because you have more cards drawn at once than normally to check on. The timer after that decreases as the match gets longer, and it actually becomes part of the challenge if it gets to a long enough turn.

I think I have seen only a couple other people ask about an “end turn” feature in the past 2 years, and I don’t think I ever saw one after the turn length was shortened. So I don’t really think many people would agree with you here.

Flag Post

As a fellow developer with strong interest in usability, it annoys me when people refuse to acknowledge poor interface or behavioral /design/ as a bug (or understand the idea of software /design/ bugs in general).

Poor behavioral design isn’t a bug. Just like Draconi said, a bug causes something that shoudn’t have happened in a program to happen. Having turns that “take forever” isn’t a bug. Having “long” turns might be a bad development choice (which it isn’t), but it’s definetly not a bug, and if it isn’t about a bug then it doesn’t belong here.

Flag Post

lit up button’s not allowed

i don't know if this is intentional but when the quality is at its lowest the "Careers" and "Pet" buttons are not faded. This may be done to reduce lag but just informing you in case it's an actual bug. (and please there's MANY bugs i see in my literal house irl can you fix them too? D:)

JRBaune | 153 / 11,863,257 | [d1]–11 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,502,146 | Wed Jan 16 01:18:15 GMT-0800 2013

Flag Post

Key input works through screens

Primary: When you have the Item menu open as well as the Pyramid menu, if you are holding shift to sell an item and the cursor crosses the "Toss a bunch of gems in" button, a bunch of gems are thrown in.  Spent a reset to "un-nerf" it...

Secondary: As I type this, it also appears that the input here (in the bug report) also triggers the BA stuff triggered by the key input.

Sturmfeder | 8,271 / 1,886,361,425,168 | [d1]–4,659 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,502,146 | Wed Jan 16 22:46:29 GMT-0500 2013

Flag Post

Loss of 68 Billion Yellow Coins when Entering Dark Pyramid

I entered the Dark Pyramid.  I used about 1k To-Be-Nerfed-Gems.  I then started the raid and my yellow coin count went from 70 billion to just over 2 billion.

DruidMage24 | 7,731 / 1,540,075,310,265 | [d1]–1,690 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,502,146 | Wed Jan 16 22:48:36 GMT-0500 2013

Flag Post

Cannot sell FCG cards (Yes they are not eqquiped)

Title basically says it all. Trying to sell a few cards to get a new deck, but when i try it wont let me. I can buy, and add or subtract them from the deck but not sell.

chewmeup98 | 975 / 3,087,647,796 | [d1]–94 | F1 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,137 | Wed Jan 16 23:00:42 GMT-0600 2013

Flag Post
Originally posted by chewmeup98:

Cannot sell FCG cards (Yes they are not eqquiped)

Title basically says it all. Trying to sell a few cards to get a new deck, but when i try it wont let me. I can buy, and add or subtract them from the deck but not sell.

chewmeup98 | 975 / 3,087,647,796 | [d1]–94 | F1 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,31,137 | Wed Jan 16 23:00:42 GMT-0600 2013

The game blocks you from selling cards if your deck has less than 25 cards in it, which is the minimum size. The game also blocks you from playing with less than 25 cards, it will turn random deck on and won’t let you turn it off until you have enough cards.

Flag Post

Dialy Bonus Cards

Maybe this is more of a complaint than a bug. Why is there an OK button on the card daily bonus screen? Once you click the ok button, your random bonus is lost. I work late, I get on when I get home and accidentally clicked okay instead of chosing any cards. 
There is no recovery for that. Bug or suggestion, either way thanks for 12 days of fun.

nemo54321 | 683 / 1,062,747,485 | [d1]–151 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 11,5,502,146 | Thu Jan 17 06:29:59 GMT-0500 2013

Flag Post

I cannot play the typewriter, and can´t even report it because you need to be high level to do it…

Flag Post

issue with auto fight in battle areana

my weapon will not stop attacking in battle arena, even when I turn off auto fight.

it also appears to use up all of my mana very quickly while doing this.

Kb1ppq | 692 / 1,103,647,960 | [d1]–81 | F0 | v1,536 | WIN 10,3,183,10 | Thu Jan 17 10:15:09 GMT-0500 2013

Flag Post
Originally posted by nemo54321:

Dialy Bonus Cards

To exit it. Be careful while clicking. Some people might be doing a raid and be willing to skip DB to be able to see what they’re doing.

Originally posted by Thepsicho:

I cannot play the typewriter, and can´t even report it because you need to be high level to do it…

Make sure you click in the box to type.

Originally posted by Kb1ppq:

issue with auto fight in battle areana

That’s usually a Flash issue with a browser. Try hitting the attack keys/refreshing/using a different browser. Or possibly updating Flash a bit (not necessarily the newest one, but 10,… is a bit old…).

Flag Post

The bonus drop rate from crystal armor is added after the double drop rate temp perk. When you equip a piece you get +100 from the green bonus and +100 from the mining tool bonus.