IMPORTANT: BACKUP YOUR SAVEFILE! (locked)

2 posts

Flag Post

Note: For more information about the location of your savefiles, check the FAQ thread.

I have seen a lot of poor folks in my day who would say “Haha that will never happen to me! No way I’m taking the 10 seconds to backup my save file!” and then end up leaving Anti–Idle because of their save file being deleted. However, I can understand that this might be because that is the last thing on your mind. So I am making this thread as a reminder to everyone in Anti–Idle to BACKUP YOUR SAVEFILE as well as a reminder to anyone who has not done so yet.

ALL PLAYERS! PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SAVEFILE! It takes less than a minute, and saves you months of gameplay in case you lose your savefile!

___

Just follow these steps, and you’re done!

Step 1: Look for the Search option on your computer.
Step 2: Click All files and folders.
Step 3: Make sure “Search for hidden files and folders” is enabled.
Step 4: Type in antiidle_file0 (or file1 / file2 / file3, depending on which file you play on) and search your Local Disk (C:).
Step 5: Copy and paste that file to a new location. It’s recommended that you send the file to yourself through email, so just in case all savefiles in your computer are erased, you can still download it from your email.

___

If you use Windows Vista (or Windows 7), you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Enable “Show hidden files and folders” if it is not already enabled. (Control Panel \ Folder Options \ View \ Files and Folders \ Hidden Files and Folders)
Step 2: Open Start Menu (bottom left of the screen, or press the key next to Ctrl key on your keyboard).
Step 3: In the “Search programs and files” box, type antiIdle.
Step 4: Right click any of the files shown, and click “Open file location”.
Step 5: Copy and paste that file to a new location. It’s recommended that you send the file to yourself through email, so just in case all savefiles in your computer are erased, you can still download it from your email.

___

Also, here is a link to your Gmail so all you have to do is click this thread and click the link and you’re there:
https://mail.google.com/mail/?tab

PROTIP: Backup your savefile frequently!

[Based off shinki12345’s thread and SourFoe’s backup “guide” in the same thread, with certain modifications]

Flag Post

If you happen to lose your savefile and have a backup file, do the following to retrieve your savefile:

Step 1: Close Anti–Idle: The Game. This is important.
Step 2: Go to the same place you got the savefile from (search for a file called antiIdle_file0 or file1 / file2 / file3) – NOT where you place your backup file. See steps 1 ~ 4 in the instructions above.
Step 3: Replace that file with the backup file. That means copy your backup file and paste it in the chat.kongregate.com folder. DO NOT DO THE OPPOSITE.
Step 4: Open Anti–Idle: The Game.

That’s it!