corrupted giant treeman

29 posts

Flag Post

The corrupted giant treeman spawns when you enter the corruption with invisible X ally.
The corrupted giant treeman has 100 billion HP, 275000 accuracy, and 50000 evasion.
It can only deal 1 damage with normal attacks, but it has some very powerful abilities that deal true damage.

90% or less HP: Shield: becomes immune to all damage
80% or less HP: Potion block: drains all mana and spirit, stuns for 3 seconds, potion blocks for 30 seconds, and deals 250000 true damage
70% or less HP: Thunder: drains all mana and spirit, stuns for 3 seconds, weaken, blind and zombify for 30 seconds, and deals 1,000,000 true damage
60% or less HP: SOAP: soaps for 30 seconds and deals 250,000 true damage
50% or less HP: Heal: heals 1% of it’s missing HP and removes poison, blind and weaken
40% or less HP: Icicle: deals 750000 true damage, and applies poison, weaken and slow for 30 seconds, and stun for 5 seconds.

Flag Post

He won’t use a status effect spell if there’s at least 5 seconds of corresponding status time. Also he won’t use thunder on you if you’re potion blocked, and also won’t use potion block on you if you’re zombified.

Also he doesn’t attack you. You take Drown damage inside that area. Yes, it will eventually start to do significant damage, so you better kill him fast.

Flag Post

Is that drown damage in that area in WM?

Flag Post

So, is he easier than CHAOS or what?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Beeshrine09:

Is that drown damage in that area in WM?

Yes, WM Corruption is a different area than regular Corruption.

Originally posted by TheChaosNinja:

He ignores evasion and damage resist. He can combo slow, weaken, blind, poison, potion block/zombify and SOAP. I still didn’t manage to beat it in HC, when he has less than 40% HP I can’t find a way to damage him further. I spent 20 minutes last time before I gave up.

Flag Post

It should also be mentioned that the status effects from his “spells” ignore your effect resistance completely, so you’ve got no way to block that.

Flag Post

Your question is quite difficult to answer. He is very different from CHAOS. His attacks cannot miss, so killing it’s accuracy (popular strategy against CHAOS) is useless actually they can. His attacks deal true damage, so damage resistance is also useless.

Flag Post

You can actually evade his attacks (I have been able to avoid Thunder damage a few times, dunno if it’s intended). You will still get hit with the status effects, though.

Flag Post

So, ? is a viable ally, then? Dammit. Why does WM have to be IA locked?
Also, does his health bar show at all? I can’t see.

Flag Post

I found him much, MUCH easier than Chaos. It’s very luck-based, but in a different way. Here it’s not so much about being quick to react. Either you are screwed, or you aren’t. With Chaos, you could possibly save yourself if you reacted fast enough. Here, not so much.

Also, I personally find that the change to SOAP where you can actually see damage numbers makes it WAY easier. In this particular case, as he has fixed sets of things he can do, being able to see damage numbers as well as looking at if potions are available or not, and if you can use certain skills or not, you can fairly easily guess what statuses you are hit with even if you can’t see it. For me that is enough to not get frustrated in the same way I got with Chaos back when working on my set.

Though, as I haven’t fought Chaos since the SOAP-change, it’s possibly I’d find him much easier as well. But I kind of doubt it, as with him you never know what combination of crap he may throw at you, or how much he will focus on hitting you.

Flag Post

So, ? is a viable ally, then?

You have to use invisible X ally

Flag Post

So, ? is a viable ally, then?

erm, you’re required to use Invisible X as your ally to fight him. nvm, wecl0me12 already said that

I once tried killing his accuracy with spirit and the chaos skill, but since his Potion Block attack drains your mp/spirit completely I only managed to hit him 5 or 6 times before it became impossible to get enough spirit to continue.

As far as I can tell the best way to beat him is just to pump your damage output as high as possible without relying on crit (since crit is nerfed in WM.) BD bonus/pendant and Power ring were enough for me to win with HG/GoS

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

It’s very luck-based, but in a different way. Here it’s not so much about being quick to react. Either you are screwed, or you aren’t. With Chaos, you could possibly save yourself if you reacted fast enough. Here, not so much.

Once you know what to do, not really.

BTW, I don’t think there was a SOAP change. Damage shows because WM Corruption doesn’t make damage invisible like SD does.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

Once you know what to do, not really.

And do you feel like sharing?

Flag Post

BTW, I don’t think there was a SOAP change.

Yes there was. Soap used to make your entire screen black. Now it doesn’t. That’s the change I am referring to.

Flag Post

Lol. It has always been like that for me. I guess I just started doing SD a bit late.

Originally posted by MarkDey:

I sort of feel the fun of CGT is figuring it out yourself. Also I sort of fear sharing my strategy might cause it to get nerfed.

Regardless, here is my “safe” CGT build. It hasn’t failed me yet.

Equipment: HG/DA/Chaos set with 1000+ attack, Bosshunter pendant, Mana ring.
Bonuses: BD on weapon, 3 MP regen, 2 Attack.
Buff: Master (mainly because hit chance is more important than accuracy, though you won’t get the effect most of the time anyway)

The MP regen you get should be close to being able to spam SKB when you’re hit with potion block. Basically, when you get hit by thunder you get zombified, and you won’t get potion block as long as you’re zombified. The opposite is also true.

• Always hold SKB and Pixel Throw (if you have it) unless you need to heal. Use RHK when it’s available (make sure it didn’t use Shield)
  • If you get hit by Thunder, hold potion. Later on you probably will be hit by Icicle not long after. You can optionally equip a potion efficiency pendant to heal when you have poison + slow + zombify (put items in left inventory column to be able to see them while SOAPed)
  • When you’re potion blocked + SOAPed (you can know you’re potion blocked when MP potion stops blinking) just use Heal every 3-5 seconds. Note that you can get status effect without being hit (they last 5 seconds), so even if you didn’t get hit it’s still a good idea to continue healing until SOAP or potion block wears off.
  • Since the MP regen you have is high I recommend to keep on attacking when you have blind. The few hits that make in will help a lot considering it tends to spam heal while hitting you with slow + weaken + blind + poison + SOAP.

edit: I forgot something important: use QA + Combo Strike early in the fight to fill your rage bar.

Flag Post

Is censor armor not going to be useful here? Or is nobody trying because so much power is required?

Flag Post

I dunno if censor armor works with him. But since he is so predictable I don’t think SOAP is really a problem against him anyway.

Flag Post

Thanks Draconi. I was finally able to kill CGT. I substituted CN armor with 977 total attack and didn’t have combo strike. Fight lasted about 15 mins. Unfortunately, I didn’t get IA so I’ll have to fight him again.

Flag Post

I’ve only fought CGT once on casual and won that one. Also got the IA <3

At casual the CGT was much easier than 10c casual CHAOS was, took me 9mins to beat it. And cause i didn’t know what to expect, i used my CHAOS killing gear (3att, 1hp, 1crit chaos, rage attack pendant, power ring). My weapon had BD bonus, armor had 2x DT, Dodge, 2x att

Flag Post

For some reason, I can’t see his health bar nor any damage messages. I am using spirit.

Flag Post

For some reason, I can’t see his health bar nor any damage messages. I am using spirit.

His health bar isn’t under him, it’s the whole top edge of the screen, colored blue if i remember correct

Flag Post

CHAOS has a special HP bar, colored red, at the top of the screen too now. And he “calls out” when he does auras now also. So this is a new system for “elite bosses” i guess.

Flag Post

Imagine if ou could have as an IA. That would be epic.

Flag Post

you could have him, sorry