The First-Ever TUKKUN FCG GUIDE! Complete with Screenies, too!

37 posts

Flag Post

This guide will be ready by tomorrow where I live.

THE GUIDE IS COMPLETE.

Flag Post

Hi AIers, and welcome to my TFCG guide.

Tukkun FCG is a feature available in the shop for 140,000,000 YC, unlocked at level 300. It is a fun card game, in which you fight against opponents, while earning AI:TG exp, TFCG exp and TFCG cash for winning matches.

Before we begin, let me also let you know that there is a brief, very useful Instructions page on the main screen of the game. This guide is a large supplement to that.

The game screen can be opened in two sizes:

- Large – 650 × 520 pixels
- Small – 500 × 400 pixels

The game consists of twelve ‘levels’:

0. (Yes, zero.) Newbie – A super easy opponent.
1. Random Deck – Play against a random deck, again a easy match.
2. Random Deck+ – Play against a random deck, but this time the opponent has better, upgraded cards.
3. Organized deck – The opponents will have fixed decks that they use.
4. Organized deck+ – Just like Organized Deck, but the opponents will have upgraded cards.
5. Kongregate PVP – You fight against an AI, but it uses a submitted player’s deck. So it’s half-real. Whatever.
6. Hard Deck – Real tough.
7. Unfair Match – The opponent starts off with more HP than you.
8. Mirror Match – You fight against yourself, with the same deck you have equipped, although for some reason it uses random cards, and the opponent gets more health than you.
9. Legendary Monster – Each day, a new monster comes. You must defeat him ten times to ‘kill’ him that day, and he uses a fixed deck.
10. SERIOUSLY? – You fight the Grand Master of TFCG… Tukkun Himself.
12. PvP – The title says it all.

So now we know what we’re fighting, how do we play?

As soon as you open the game, in the bottom left corner, there will be three options:

• Card Packs
  • Deck

Open the “Deck” menu. The menu you see might be confusing, but let’s go one step at a time.

1. The card list.

This is a list of all available cards. They can be bought, won in matches, or sold if you have any. Next to them, there are some numbers – e.g. (0/0), or (4/6), etc. These show (how many cards are equipped/how many cards you own) of that particular card. To see information about a card, hover your mouse over it.

2. The Buy/Sell/Add options.

These buttons allow you to buy more of a particular card, sell some cards, and add them to your deck. The plus button adds one of that card to your deck, and the minus removes one. You can see how many cards are currently equipped in your deck by looking at the big text CARDS just below the buttons. For example, I have 40 cards equipped currently.

3. Your Cash.

This is TFCG cash, earned from defeating opponents, and doing two awesome adventures. Also, if you lose a match, but do not forfeit, you will get a small amount of cash. This cash has only one use: to buy cards and card packs (which basically give you cards).

4. Card Sort.

This feature is, frankly speaking, a lifesaver. It allows you to sort the ENTIRE MENU OF CARDS by color, monster, spell and date of release. For example, right now it is sorted by color, so you see generators, followed by energy charges, instant whites, and the monsters, etc. but the important thing is, they are all of the white color. If you advance through the menu, by clicking the arrow right of the ‘1’, you will soon reach the other colors : red, blue, green, and yellow (although not in that order).

Also, if you use “Your deck” and “Owned Cards”, it will first show your currently equipped cards, then the rest in order, OR all your owned cards, then the rest in order.

5. Load.

Click this, and you’ll see a popup which is a blank box. Insert the deck code of a deck you want to equip, and it will automatically do so. HOWEVER, you must own all the necessary cards for it to work. Simple enough.

6. Your Deck Code.

This is similar to “Load”, but here the code that is already seen is YOUR CURRENT DECK’s code. Therefore, if I copy and paste this code into load, I shall automatically equip my current 40-card deck (since I already own the cards).

Some points of interest:

• Some cards cost the following amount: infinity. Don’t worry, you can get them by winning them in fights.
  • You cannot have less than 25 cards, but you also can’t have more than 100 cards.
  • I personally recommend sorting with “Your Deck.” It is a heck of a lot easier to use.

THE FIGHT SCREEN

So now you know how to buy decks and get some stuff in TFCG. Big deal. The real test is fighting. Can you win, or will you be defeated?

This is a what you will see when you start a match. On the red side is your opponent, and on the blue is you. You play by using cards from your deck, and killing your opponent. Every turn you draw one card and can play as many cards as you like/can play.

Before we begin, let’s just clarify a few priorities. The turn counter on top – well, it counts the turns. It’s explained in detail a bit later. As for the HP: 80 | 0/0 stuff , that is your HP, a.k.a your health. The 0/0 bit is your attack/defense that obviously attacks the AI and saves you from taking as much damage. Also, just don’t forget that this only applies to the HP bar on the blue side – yours. The red side HP bar is the AI’s. You can gain this HP, attack and defense by using certain cards.

1. Energy.

This is one of the most vital bits of the game. ENERGY. You need energy to play cards, and therefore is the first goal – to get enough energy to survive during a match. Looking on your side of the screen, we see that there are five colours, each with a number followed by a bracketed number. The first number represents how much energy you currently have of that color. The bracketed number shows you how much of that energy you will gain PER TURN.

Now, one whenever you start a match, all of the numbers and bracketed numbers will be 1 – you will have 1 energy of each color, and 1 generator of each color. This ‘generator’ is the amount you gain per turn of that energy.

2. A played card.

This is a card that I have just played. If you notice in the top left of the card, there is a green circle and a ‘0’ next to it. This shows that the card costs 0 energy to be played. It is called a green generator (top right of the card). Its effect is shown in the main body of the card – “Get 1 green energy per turn.” – and indeed, our green generators are not 1 anymore, but voila, TWO! So we get 2 green energy per turn. This applies for all colors.

3. A monster card.

Here you can see that my opponent, in this case a level 4 (Blue) fella, has used an Elite Blue Ant against me. This monster will attack me every turn, and try to kill me. The monster has 4 HP, as shown on the picture. Below that, there is a “3/0”. What’s that, you ask? It is (monster attack/monster defense). The monster attack will damage me by that much every turn, and make me lose health. The defense protects the monster against direct attack from MY monsters.

You can use only 1 monster at a time. To use another, you must destroy the first one by clicking on it.

4. Cards left in Deck.

This shows how many more cards are left in your deck. This is actually something to be wary of, because if you run out of cards, you will start taking 1 poison damage per turn. And since poison stacks, your damage counter from poison will go like this: 1…2…3…4…5… and so on. Be careful, and for Tukkun’s sake equip enough cards. I would recommend 30-40 cards, but then that’s just me.

5. The Play Bar.

Hover your mouse over this, and you can find out what happens as the game progresses – i.e. what cards were played, by whom, etc. Useful against opponents like Tukkun (level 10) who play 4-5 cards a turn so fast that you can’t see them without this.

Extra Notes:

All that aside now, there are a few things left to clarify. First of all, the Turn counter at the top begins at 10 seconds in the start of every match. If a card is played, it increases the counter by one. So from ten, it could go to eleven, then start reducing again. When it hits zero, it resets, and the next turn begins. The reset amount is highest amount last turn – 1. So if the counter had reached twelve in turn 1, it would begin at eleven in turn 2.

The first player to lose is the first one to lose all their health.

Now, the black rectangle on the left and its counterpart on the right are the current cards on hand. Obviously you can’t see what cards the computer holds until it plays them, but you CAN see yours. The cards that are darkened, that’s because you don’t have enough energy to play them yet. Once you get enough, you can start using them.
A note of Caution: Make sure that if you hold 6 cards in your hand at once, you try to play one of them immediately, because if you have 6 cards it is a full hand. You can’t get more cards, and therefore get 1 poison damage a turn.

To discard a card, use Shift + Left Click on the card. However, be warned that discarding a card causes 1 poison damage.

CARD PACKS

You can buy cards from packs by clicking on them. They come in the five categories displayed above: Booster, Basic, Special, Monster, and Blue. There is a low chance of getting unupgraded Awesome Faces from the Special pack. 1

There is no screenshot included here because this is simple enough without having to explain. This is your stats page, where you can see your playing stats. In case you aren’t particularly happy with them, then just reset them. Nothing could be simpler!

1. What exactly do you get in each card pack? Can shinki12345 or someone else elaborate?

Flag Post

Frequently Asked Questions

In case you have questions to ask about this game, feel free to use this thread if you like. However, if you want quicker answers, you might be better off using the ‘FAQ and Stupid Questions’ thread.

On to the FAQ’s!

1. Help! My deck is not equipped! I’m using a random deck despite having selected cards!
Answer: Check the number of cards you own, guys. If you have less than 25 cards, or more than a hundred, then it forces you to use a random deck. Adjust your card, then continue.

2. I never get the right cards at the right time. This game is rigged!
Answer: I assure you, Tukkun did not rig it. The fact is that your generators, instant energy and such cards must be very few in number, therefore compared to the rest of the deck you have insufficient cards for energy purposes. Since every draw is random, the likelihood of getting the cards you want is low. ADD MORE GENERATORS and/or INSTANT ENERGIES.

3. It is very laggy. Help!
Answer: Play on the smaller screen size, lower the quality, hide the menus… Get my drift?

4. My deck is useless! Give me a better one.
Answer: Use the following link – it takes you to the thread where they discuss that question.

The New TFCG Thread

5. Awesome Face costs Infinity! How do I get it???
Answer: You really aren’t reading my guide, are you? You gotta win it – from Tukkun. Good Luck :)

Flag Post

Reserved.

Flag Post

Hmmmm i enjoy this…. Keep it up. Also You didn’t list PvP (loading someone deck using the Game script code) so there are only 11 game types listed not the full 12.

Flag Post

Turn high quality on when you take your screenshots (and save them as .PNG) please? Might be just me, but that looks… weird.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:

Turn high quality on when you take your screenshots (and save them as .PNG) please? Might be just me, but that looks… weird.

The image gives me the shivers. Looks like a Screenshot saved in MS Paint as .jpg.

Flag Post

Mirror Match also includes cards not listed in your deck (for some stupid reason lol).

Flag Post

And his title is Pixel Perfect. Ah, the irony.

This does seem to be the first real TFCG guide, and it’s good, despite being unfinished. One thing I see is Mirror Match. Part of the challenge is that your opponent is you, but with all the bonuses of a lvl 7 enemy. Oh, and you get random cards, like masta says.
Keep up the good work, sir :D

Flag Post

I’m going to work on the guide now. Tukkun, I’ll take the rest of the screen shots in high quality, and PNG them. I’ll replace this one later.

Thanks for the comments, ya’ll.

Flag Post

I need more info on Card Packs please.

Flag Post

You can buy cards from packs by clicking on them. They come in the five categories displayed above: Booster, Basic, Special, Monster, and Blue.

You clearly didn’t bother buying any pack after you claimed the free ones lol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

You can buy cards from packs by clicking on them. They come in the five categories displayed above: Booster, Basic, Special, Monster, and Blue.

You clearly didn’t bother buying any pack after you claimed the free ones lol.

Yea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snowman25:

The image gives me the shivers. Looks like a Screenshot saved in MS Paint as .jpg.

Would you believe me if I said MS Paint is how I do all my image editing? [gasp!] Hehe, mostly as a joke, but it’s really the only image editor I’ve learned.

Originally posted by Rellian:

And his title is Pixel Perfect. Ah, the irony.

At least my title is “YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG”. XD

on topic @arit3: I would edit “ADD MORE GENERATORS” in the FAQ #2 to append “OR INSTANT ENERGY CARDS” or something to that effect. Primarily because I don’t use generators, and I’m certain that I’m not the only one. Good guide, though.

Flag Post

For deck type 5, you might want to mention you’re not really playing another player, but the AI using a deck created by that player. Also, Awesome Faces can be gotten from the Special packs.

Flag Post

Might want to add that discarding a card also gives you a poison count.

Flag Post

Changes made.

Flag Post

1. Help! It won’t let me play any matches!
Answer: Check the number of cards you own, guys. If you have less than 25 cards, or more than a hundred, then you can’t play. Adjust your deck, then continue.

Incorrect. In this case, it will force you to use a random deck instead. Also, you can’t have a deck with more than 100 cards.

Also, maybe clarify a bit on that “HP: 80 | 0 / 0” thing?

Also, 5555th post!

Flag Post

Nice on your 5555th post Tukkun.

Overall, this is decent guide, could do with a bit of touch-ups, but it’s not that bad.

Flag Post

1. Help! It won’t let me play any matches!
Answer: Check the number of cards you own, guys. If you have less than 25 cards, or more than a hundred, then you can’t play. Adjust your deck, then continue.

Incorrect. In this case, it will force you to use a random deck instead. Also, you can’t have a deck with more than 100 cards.

Also, maybe clarify a bit on that “HP: 80 | 0 / 0” thing?

Also, 5555th post!

Sure, will make the changes. Thanks.

Flag Post

Hey guys, I’m new to Tukkun FCG and building decks, I searched The New TFCG Thread. But all I find there is high level decks to kill Legendary Monsters and such. Could any of you please – I beg you- post a low level deck. I’m level 5 right now.
Thank you!

Flag Post
Originally posted by zebigbos:

Hey guys, I’m new to Tukkun FCG and building decks, I searched The New TFCG Thread. But all I find there is high level decks to kill Legendary Monsters and such. Could any of you please – I beg you- post a low level deck. I’m level 5 right now.
Thank you!

Have a look in the old thread, also, i wan’t to point out that there are in fact “low level decks” in the new thread (L0-L6 , L7 , L8 , …) all are included, in fact there are even low-budget decks in there, so you might want to go trough the thread again aswell.

The main thing to remember tho, is that " a low level deck " is really vague , you’ll want to be more precise on what you’re looking for.
Is it a low-budget L10 killer your after ? Or maybe you have all the cash you need but need a deck to defeat the lower level enemies ? … ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by davidfranses:
Originally posted by zebigbos:

Thank you!

Have a look in the old thread, also, i wan’t to point out that there are in fact “low level decks” in the new thread (L0-L6 , L7 , L8 , …) all are included, in fact there are even low-budget decks in there, so you might want to go trough the thread again aswell.

The main thing to remember tho, is that " a low level deck " is really vague , you’ll want to be more precise on what you’re looking for.
Is it a low-budget L10 killer your after ? Or maybe you have all the cash you need but need a deck to defeat the lower level enemies ? … ?

I saw the decks you posted, but it had Awesome Faces in it, and this guide says you need to defeat Tukkun in order to get those, I can hardly even defeat a lvl 1 opponent, so your level 0-6 deck is useless to me..

Flag Post

A lvl 1 opponent should be beatable with your starter deck.

So i take it your looking for a low-budget , low-opponent-level deck, I’m not quite handy in putting those together, but post you’re specific needs in the thread (that is the deck thread) , and i’m sure people will help you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by davidfranses:

A lvl 1 opponent should be beatable with your starter deck.

So i take it your looking for a low-budget , low-opponent-level deck, I’m not quite handy in putting those together, but post you’re specific needs in the thread (that is the deck thread) , and i’m sure people will help you.

okay, thanks for the help (: