"Another Garden" spreadsheet v2

11 posts

Flag Post

XLS and XLSX versions

How to use

• You can change pages. You start on “Resulting” sheet. Look around for a tab named “Planning” so you can change pages.
  • Resulting sheet: the input fields have borders. You type in 2 (different) seeds and it will return the 4 possible results. Each has 25% chance of appearing.
  • Planning sheet: the input fields have borders. You type in a seed you want, and then a seed you want to use. It will return the possible seeds for you to combine with “seed you own”, it will be 1 seed with 50% chance and 1 or 2 with 25%, or 2 with 50% chance.

Changes from v1

• Completely rewritten. Everything is way simpler now.
  • “Planning” sheet now shows you every possible combination, instead of only the one with higher chances. It also shows you the actual chances for getting the seed you need.
  • Entering incorrect data now shows an error message.
  • You can only edit input cells now. As a bonus, I didn’t lock tutorial cells. If you don’t need them anymore just delete them.
  • Maybe there’s other stuff I forgot.

I was originally going to include a new sheet, but it was taking too much time. Maybe I’ll release it later.

The spreadsheet uses the following formulae.

General

• x and y are seeds #1 and #2 you’re using for breeding
  • z is the resulting seed
  • x != y

Resulting

• z = (x + y) / 2
  • z = (x + y + 75) / 2
    • if z > 75, z = z – 75

If any of these returns an integer (non-fractional number), then it will have 50% chance of appearing. Otherwise, the number you obtain by rounding z up will have 25%, and the number you obtain by rounding down will have 25% chance.

Planning

• y = 2z – x
    • if y < 1, y = y + 75
    • if y > 75, y = y – 75
  • y → 50% chance, y + 1 and y – 1 will have 25% chance
  • Exception: x = z → y + 1 and y – 1 will have 50% chance

With the above you can make your own calculations without having to reach for the spreadsheet. If you want to, I guess.

Flag Post

Thank you. The part about showing all combinations is really useful, I’ve been wishing for that for a while.

Flag Post

Thanks a lot, greatly appreciated!

Flag Post

40 downloads and complete silence. That’s nice. I hope that means no one had any language related issues as last time.

BTW, I’d like to ask people not to upload it to Google Docs this time around. I don’t agree with Google and their model, and I also don’t want to have to offer support for something I have no control over.

Also, I thought about something right after posting this: some people might want to use blank cells to store their own data. I chose to lock the cells for aesthetic purposes. If anybody wants an unlocked version I could do it (if enough people are interested I guess I could replace the current version with it too).

Flag Post

I have to say, I find it a bit confusing. Any chance you’d consider explaining what everything means?

Did you upload a new version? The one I have does not look like your screenshot. It doesn’t have the “seed wanted” and “seed you own”, which makes it a whole lot less useful.

Flag Post

No I didn’t change anything. The “seed wanted” part is in a different page. It looks like a tab somewhere in the spreadsheet, it should be named “Planning”.

Explanation

Resulting sheet: the input fields have borders. You type in 2 (different) seeds and it will return the 4 possible results. Each has 25% chance of appearing.

Planning sheet: the input fields have borders. You type in a seed you want, and then a seed you want to use. It will return the possible seeds for you to combine with “seed you own”, it will be 1 seed with 50% and 1 or 2 with 25%, or 2 with 50% chance.

Flag Post

Ooooh <facepalm> Duuh, now I get it. That makes it a whole lot more useful. Thanks a lot =)

Flag Post

Thank you very much Draconi! Just what I’ve been looking for. This will help fill in those seeds that I have been unable to get just by random chance. Well done!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neuroguy:

Thank you very much Draconi! Just what I’ve been looking for. This will help fill in those seeds that I have been unable to get just by random chance. Well done!

That kind of post is just what makes all the work I put into stuff worth it. If anything, it’s really welcome at a moment I’m considering if I should update or take down all my guides, if I should work on something new, and if I should quit playing this game.

Flag Post

Also, that bump allowed me to find this spreadsheet, I was still using the outdated guide and the “God knows what I’ll find” technique.

Thanks for this Draconi, really useful. I also use many of your other guides and advices, thanks for all the work you put into this game and thanks for sharing it!