"Another Garden" spreadsheet v2

13 posts

Flag Post

XLS and XLSX versions

How to use

  • You can change pages. You start on “Resulting” sheet. Look around for a tab named “Planning” so you can change pages.
  • Resulting sheet: the input fields have borders. You type in 2 (different) seeds and it will return the 4 possible results. Each has 25% chance of appearing.
  • Planning sheet: the input fields have borders. You type in a seed you want, and then a seed you want to use. It will return the possible seeds for you to combine with “seed you own”, it will be 1 seed with 50% chance and 1 or 2 with 25%, or 2 with 50% chance.

Changes from v1

  • Completely rewritten. Everything is way simpler now.
  • “Planning” sheet now shows you every possible combination, instead of only the one with higher chances. It also shows you the actual chances for getting the seed you need.
  • Entering incorrect data now shows an error message.
  • You can only edit input cells now. As a bonus, I didn’t lock tutorial cells. If you don’t need them anymore just delete them.
  • Maybe there’s other stuff I forgot.

I was originally going to include a new sheet, but it was taking too much time. Maybe I’ll release it later.


The spreadsheet uses the following formulae.

General

  • x and y are seeds #1 and #2 you’re using for breeding
  • z is the resulting seed
  • x != y

Resulting

  • z = (x + y) / 2
  • z = (x + y + 75) / 2
    • if z > 75, z = z – 75

If any of these returns an integer (non-fractional number), then it will have 50% chance of appearing. Otherwise, the number you obtain by rounding z up will have 25%, and the number you obtain by rounding down will have 25% chance.

Planning

  • y = 2z – x
    • if y < 1, y = y + 75
    • if y > 75, y = y – 75
  • y → 50% chance, y + 1 and y – 1 will have 25% chance
  • Exception: x = z → y + 1 and y – 1 will have 50% chance

With the above you can make your own calculations without having to reach for the spreadsheet. If you want to, I guess.

 
Flag Post

Thank you. The part about showing all combinations is really useful, I’ve been wishing for that for a while.

 
Flag Post

Thanks a lot, greatly appreciated!

 
Flag Post

40 downloads and complete silence. That’s nice. I hope that means no one had any language related issues as last time.

BTW, I’d like to ask people not to upload it to Google Docs this time around. I don’t agree with Google and their model, and I also don’t want to have to offer support for something I have no control over.

Also, I thought about something right after posting this: some people might want to use blank cells to store their own data. I chose to lock the cells for aesthetic purposes. If anybody wants an unlocked version I could do it (if enough people are interested I guess I could replace the current version with it too).

 
Flag Post

I have to say, I find it a bit confusing. Any chance you’d consider explaining what everything means?

Did you upload a new version? The one I have does not look like your screenshot. It doesn’t have the “seed wanted” and “seed you own”, which makes it a whole lot less useful.

 
Flag Post

No I didn’t change anything. The “seed wanted” part is in a different page. It looks like a tab somewhere in the spreadsheet, it should be named “Planning”.

Explanation

Resulting sheet: the input fields have borders. You type in 2 (different) seeds and it will return the 4 possible results. Each has 25% chance of appearing.

Planning sheet: the input fields have borders. You type in a seed you want, and then a seed you want to use. It will return the possible seeds for you to combine with “seed you own”, it will be 1 seed with 50% and 1 or 2 with 25%, or 2 with 50% chance.

 
Flag Post

Ooooh <facepalm> Duuh, now I get it. That makes it a whole lot more useful. Thanks a lot =)

 
Flag Post

Thank you very much Draconi! Just what I’ve been looking for. This will help fill in those seeds that I have been unable to get just by random chance. Well done!

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Neuroguy:

Thank you very much Draconi! Just what I’ve been looking for. This will help fill in those seeds that I have been unable to get just by random chance. Well done!

That kind of post is just what makes all the work I put into stuff worth it. If anything, it’s really welcome at a moment I’m considering if I should update or take down all my guides, if I should work on something new, and if I should quit playing this game.

 
Flag Post

Also, that bump allowed me to find this spreadsheet, I was still using the outdated guide and the “God knows what I’ll find” technique.

Thanks for this Draconi, really useful. I also use many of your other guides and advices, thanks for all the work you put into this game and thanks for sharing it!

 
Flag Post

Is it just me, or is the spreadsheet now unavailable?

 
Flag Post

It’s unavailable. But there’s a chat method to doing it – see here. You can do it from any room.