IMPORTANT: Chrome and savefile loss page 2

78 posts

Flag Post

WHEW!!! That was scary.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkHenrych:

The plugin disable/enable solution still has you looking for where to place your save file :p. Just use Tukkun’s quoted post ‘cuz the plugin disable still has you digging through all places to get your save file in place :/. I have yet to figure out where to place it for chrome’s NON-Pepper data :/.

It’s moreso for people that have played and switched browsers, or had the new Flash not enabled in the first place. However, if you go to the Backup your savefile sticky, it is mentioned there. (Or just C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\[numbers/letters]\chat.kongregate.com)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:
Originally posted by black1abel:

“An official fix for this issue is yet to be discovered.”

Wrong.

We in Anti-Idle Room #1 have found a fix that works 100% of the time.

If you login using Chrome and your save is reset, copy your antiidle .sol file to somewhere easy to find, like the desktop. Then navigate to C:\Users\your login\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\GKUBHE2G\chat.kongregate.com

Replace the corresponding antiidle .sol file into this folder and restart your chrome browser. It should load your game no problem. No additional steps with flash plugins or any other nonsense are required.

This is also where chrome will now be storing your Anti Idle game saves, take note on this. This will be the location you will be backing up and restoring your save file from now.

Thank you Tukken for your awesome game and amazing Chrome guide.

While it does work, I don’t consider it to be a fix. It just transfers the data to the built–in Chrome’s Pepper Data, and can’t be shared with other browsers, and it might switch back to the old save suddenly for any reason. With Chrome, you’ll never know.

Actually, if you copy and paste the pepper data antiidle .sol file to the standard location it used to be found in the save will load just fine, so it can be transferred to other browsers. And since Chrome has it’s own spot to save the files now it will never just magically revert to the older location it used to save in. So with chrome, you actually do know. Thanks for your reply, though.

Flag Post

It happened once, nothing tells you that it will never revert again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:

But now what if you want to go back to Firefox? The one currently in the first post is “better”, in my opinion. But note how yours still isn’t official though. And “GKUBHE2G” is still [random numbers/letters].

I really don’t cAre if my fix is “official” or not, I know for a fact it is 100% legit and 100% effective. And yes, the “GKUBHE2G” will be a randomly named file. It’s not a hard concept to understand, just because the folder is randomly named doesn’t mean the data that’s supposed to be contained within won’t be there. Your point is moot.

Flag Post

Fair enough, but it is highly unlikely.

Flag Post
Originally posted by black1abel:

Fair enough, but it is highly unlikely.

Yeah it’s highly unlikely that something that has happened before will happen again.

Pft, pattern recognition.

Flag Post

How about removing (or renaming if you prefer) Pepper’s chat.kongregate.com subfolder and replace it by a symbolic link to the usual chat.kongregate.com, then copy what you want to keep into the usual folder? If links are supported by the OS, of course. Then you can keep all Kong saves in the same location and use whatever browser you want.

Flag Post

Or follow these http://techlogon.com/2011/08/11/shockwave-flash-crashes-in-google-chrome/

Flag Post
Originally posted by GuzsikDavid:

GUYS!! I FOUND THE SOLUTION! (at least it worked for me)

The problem is possibly due to a chrome update that went wrong, and now you have 2 flash players installed. In case you didn’t know, chrome uses integrated flash instead of the downloadable one. Now the recent update forgot to delete the older version of flash, and now the 2 installs conflict. You have to disable the older version, here’s how:

Navigate your browser to chrome:plugins and follow these steps:
Click on details as shown below: (don’t mind lingual differences)

Find the old version (anything that is not 11,3,300,268), and click disable/turn off, leave the latest version as-is.

Then, restart your browser. You may have to set the data storage to unlimited again.
Right click on the game screen, and select Settings… then go to the tab with the folder on, and drag the slider all the way to the right (until it says Unlimited).

Any other games that you have played on kongregate may also not work, this fixes them as well.
Hope this helps in most cases.

If this does not work,try disabling the new one. It worked for me.

Flag Post

The new location for .sol files using the pepper/flash plugin is USERPROFILE\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\{RANDOM ID}\chat.kongregate.com

Flag Post

The “fix” reverted itself for me and refuses to work again. The simplest fix long-term is just to simply copy all of your existing Kongregate data to wherever it wants to save now.

Flag Post

Mine showed this problem over a month ago, used the disabling extra versions fix and it worked for a few weeks. However, last week it’s been having problems again, and no matter how many times I try to copy my file to either the normal flash user data file or the pepper data file, I still cannot get it to work. Once I open anti idle, it overwrites the old file.

Anyone can help?

Flag Post

I wish I could, but you aren’t the first I see with this problem and so far, I don’t believe anyone has figured out what the problem is =/

Flag Post

Kind of sad… was close to the 50 days consecutive playing…. Always lose it at 30+ days due to other commitments…

Flag Post

If you want you could send me the file and I’ll take a look at it. I can’t promise I’ll find anything, but I can at least try.

Flag Post

Send you my save file?

Flag Post

Yes, send me your savefile. Either through some file uploading site, or by email. Either that, or let me look at your computer through a screen-sharing program. When I can’t see things myself, it’s hard to know what to look at.

Flag Post

Please put it in PM. The fate of the last person who posted his save file to the public didn’t end well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tycheleto:

The entire file is corrupted, all of the stats are blank. Weird.

Flag Post

Ouch.. then that’s at least a couple months of progress lost.

Flag Post

Will be doing automatic backups from now on… so guess I’ve just lost about 25 days of progress… Last save was 12th Aug sigh.

Flag Post

Savefile loss again and this time round even more scary. T_T

Edit: If you have 1 file that is out of process, just disable it and download the new one. ;)

Flag Post

Chrome had created a new folder for storing flash data:
C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects

Your old data should be here:
C:\Users\..\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

Hope this helps, worked for me.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator