IMPORTANT: Chrome and savefile loss page 3

78 posts

Flag Post

We nee an update to that solution. I got today another problem related to Chrome Flash which is NOT related to this solution ¬¬.

SCREW YOU, FREAKING MONOPOLYST DAMN CAPITALIST CHROME!!!!

Flag Post

Or you could realize that using Chrome is going to result in problems every so often, and stop being stubborn and just use something else.

Opera is your friend. I have yet to have a single problem with it.

Flag Post

:( Firefox was my old friend, too sad that he evolved to a very heavy pokayman (like snorealx, or rawrquaza and now it’s as slow as a Slowpokay.
Anyway. The damn capitalist action of telling me that downloading another browser may be dangerous to my computer was funny. I’ve downloaded really dangerous stuff, and the 1st time he tells me that the download is dangerous was when I downloaded another browser… What a coincidence.

Probably might prove that it is a freaking stupid capitalist browser who doesn’t care about the users… But people will continue to ignore the problems and keep using this pokayman called magicrap.

Anyway. I got in love by Opera in the firsts 3 seconds after I first opened it, just because of a very specific kind of programming it has :D.

Flag Post

That’s because Opera is great.

I don’t know if Chrome is “capitalist”, but it’s been proven time and time again that it’s not flash-compatible.

Flag Post

Edited for eyes pain prevention.

Anyway, it’s far from the purpose of the topic. Aurian has given the solution for any further problems about this topic: USE OPERA!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Aurian :D.

Flag Post

I don’t know what chrome problems you are talking about. I previously used Firefox and it gave me terrible TERRIBLE lag in BA. Seriously when I turned AI-TG on my computer would become unresponsive. One day flash stopped working on firefox at all.

Chrome on the other hand is working great. No lag at all whatsoever. Only problem I had is that the save is stored in a different place.

Enlighten me.

Flag Post

People are just too dumb to get it to work properly. Just ignore those.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

That’s not what it’s about. I know you can fix some problems. But do you really want to have to fix your browser every other month? Also, majority of internet users don’t know what the crap they are doing, and if those would not use chrome, that saves a lot of trouble for the rest of us.

Flag Post

I also tried the same… but it doesn’t work for me

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:
Originally posted by Draconi:

That’s not what it’s about.

Did you read the posts from the guy at the top of this page? Just making sure.

If you just turn auto-update off you’ll never run into problems. You do need to find a version that works fine and downgrade.

Flag Post

Yes, I read them. I disagree with his google-rage, but that has nothing do with the fact that chrome constantly causes problems that most users won’t know to fix and then mope about. Opera has yet to produce a problem, aside from your claim that you had to click 3-4 times to get to BA that no one else so far has reported.

But sure, people can use what they want. I’m just tired of helping people that use Chrome, because it never ends.

Flag Post

For the most recent 11,4,402,287 update, the chrome:plugins method no longer works for me.

Flag Post

How i can restore my save file ? It’s possible to restore??Please help me!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TeodorM:

How i can restore my save file ? It’s possible to restore??Please help me!!!!!!!!!

Try the way explained in my tech guide.

Flag Post

I have found the location that you guys need to put your A:TG saves. Or at least 10% of you guys.
Anyone who is on a mac needs to go here: (use the go command in finder or shift, cmd, g)
~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Pepper Data/Shockwave Flash/WritableRoot
Now keep going into #sharedobjects and then into a folder with random numbers
this should look similar to the standard flash storage place. Just create a folder inside there called chat.kongregate.com (if one does not exist) and drag and drop.

This will allow you guys to use the NEWEST version of Flash and Chrome. And unlike reverting, this will work forever (or until one of the companies decides to change the flash location again)

Flag Post

yay to chrome and to the fancy idea to get the savefile another home! thanks pals!

Flag Post

They had to do it to move its flash environment to a more modern and secure one. Adobe’s is still based on API developed back in the early 1990s. The reasons for switching are outlined here.

There is no other way of implementing it without conflicting with Adobe player (which you can still use it for other browsers normally, or for Chrome if you disable pepper Flash plugin), so I think you should actually thank them for not breaking flash for everything else while doing it.

Flag Post

Hopefully this helps some people, but the way I got mine to work was I went into chrome://plugins and found the pepper/flash player and disabled it. Reloaded kongregate and it found all my old saves. Personally, I couldn’t get the pepper/flash player to recognize any of my old save games. Not only was it creating NEW folder names but it was creating NEW save files as well. I even tried deleting the new save files (000001.sol) and renaming my old save file to the 0000001.sol and reloading the game and all it did was create a 0000002.sol

Flag Post

Renaming the game files won’t work. All you have to do is paste the game files into the respective folder that it’s trying to write to.

Flag Post

That didn’t work either. Which is the reason I tried re-naming them. I got about 75% of my files to move over (which didn’t do any good on some of the games are creating NEW folders with different names). I put my old save file in there. They started from scratch. I went and looked at the NEW sol file they created and tried doing the re-naming thing. So neither way worked for me.

Flag Post

If you clear the cache or delete the folder or anything, it will create a new folder. You have to let it create the folder, close the webpage completely, paste the file in, then reopen it. Also note that PepperFlash and regular Flash save in two different locations.

Flag Post

Yes, I know. I copied the chat.kongregate.com folder from C:\Documents and Settings\(name)\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects to C:\Documents and Settings\(name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects. As you can see the new path is MUCH longer than the old path. So for about 25% of my save files I get a “folder/file name too long” error. THIS is a windows error, unless there’s a fix I don’t know about that will let windows xp have longer folder/file names. I know how to get in and DELETE them when running into the problem but not how to override the OS to ALLOW this. Which is problem number 1. After this I did the steps I mentioned above. I loaded some of the games where I was getting the error. I let them create a new game, I put my old save file in there and re-loaded the games. They didn’t even acknowledge my save files. So I tried to delete the “new” files and rename my old ones to MATCH the “new” game files. No good. Honestly, even if this HAD worked I probably wouldn’t go through with it. I would say there’s 30-40 games at least that gave me the “folder/file” too long error. It’s not worth it to me to manually move every single one. Not when I can just disable the pepper/flash plugin in one step and be done with it. I mentioned this is another post I made that I have about 2 YEARS worth of save files that I’ve backed up. Windows ME and Windows Vista were the “next big thing” when they were released and they both bombed big time. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the new pepper/flash BUT I am saying it’s just not worth it to try and get things moved over. The pro’s don’t out weigh the con’s enough to justify it for me.

Flag Post

At least you found a solution for your issue. The original post of this thread also had that solution, however the images appear to have been deleted. Or just switch browsers – people have said that Chrome is the worst for the game, aside from IE.

Flag Post

Yeah, I’ve seen quite a few people saying they switched browsers. Not only that but with doing some reading and looking (my wife has windows 7 on hers) my issue looks like a windows XP issue. Documents and settings is just “users” in windows vista/above, as well as application data being shortened to “appdata” and local settings being “local”.

For people with windows vista/above the “copy/paste option” could very well work for them. All I can say is give it a try. If they don’t copy over or aren’t recognized for whatever reason then disabling pepper/flash plugin is always another option.

Flag Post

i have been playing on widows 8 and using chrome for 70 days never once have i lost my savefile or had any crashes. so im not sure the problem here but i completely close out to back up atleast once to twice a day so maby thats my saving grace just to let it cool down once a day and refresh its system idk im not a computer wis but like i said 70 days no probs