[Guide] Awesome Adventures (v1535) page 3

65 posts

Flag Post

The Grammar Pill actually does change something! It isn’t useless!
The Typing Test changes to text to “leet speak”; “b4 u start PLZ maek…” instead of the “Before you begin, make…” normally. Don’t know how rewards are changed though.

Flag Post

Sorry, but I think that still classifies as “useless” to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

Sorry, but I think that still classifies as “useless” to me.

I’d say that aside of being funny this “upgrade” is actually harmful.
Doing Tping with grammar pill is much harder than usual.

Flag Post
Originally posted by asmodeojung:
Doing Tping with grammar pill is much harder than usual.

Not to mention it taints the purpose of Typing. Unless there is some sort of check that only unlocks this secret mode if you completed the main one, someone might get that when they try it the first time, and end up thinking that’s what they should be doing >_>

Bad grammar and leet is not funny, even as a joke.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:
Originally posted by smeata:

Thanks, also which zone should I adventure in?

I don’t think anyone has publicly determined which one is best for rep gain, but I would say definitely untitled or titled. I tend to go with untitled.

If my calculations are right, The Town has the best average rep gain at a minimum of ~3.28 rep/adventure (Untitled @ 2.8; Titled @ 2.72). It is higher if you have Progress Bar Maxed, high Lolmarket Profit, high T:FCG Level and don’t worry about resources (Coins/Energy Refills). What drags the other locations down is that they trade utility, such as the ability to trade between Pixels and CM, for Rep gain.

I calculated this assuming you would go for the best rep gain when possible and that you always had resources to spend. There is a bit of variation with Adventure # 5 (The Tree advice one) since I’m not too sure how I would account for if the boost was already applied. I mean, if you always use your energy the rep is going to be closer to 3.28 but if you only use your energy every few hours, then it may be higher.

Hope this helps anyone interested in Awesome Adventures.

Thank you Draconi for posting the stats so I didn’t have to go through the code.

Flag Post
Originally posted by smeata:

Thanks, also which zone should I adventure in?

I’m cheap and have stuck to Town so far, since it’s free. Honestly, I can’t really see the appeal of the pay-zones. There’s only one single adventure I’d be interested in getting that can’t happen in town (the arcade-medals one), but I don’t think the slim chance of that one result is worth 1000 GC a shot until at least well into the mid-game, if ever. I guess the Accountants might be useful in certain cases.

Flag Post

The way I see it, Untitled gives you two essentially useless adventures, one adventure with a chance for some nifty bonuses, and one with a chance for added rep.

Magic Mushroom yields 1 energy on average, cancelling the 1 energy you paid. You get EXP, plus career exp if you have that on, but every adventure gives you that, often without paying 500 GC. Grammar Pill is the same, except you get no energy back (and I agree that it only hurts you on the Typing test).

THEIF is a fairly easy 3 rep if your Stadium skills are upgraded (like mine). Once you’re at 90%, you’re paying 500 GC for 2.6 rep on average. If your Stadium skills are minimal, it’s 1 rep on average.

Strange Machine is probably the biggest reason to go to Untitled, depending on what you want. If you break the machine, it’s 30000 GC, -1 energy, -3.2 rep average. If you pay with intent to drink, it’s -1 GC, 200% all boosts, +0.25 energy average. If you pay with intent to sell, it’s +1 GC, 2 rep average.

(This illustrates how going full negative on rep can be a benefit: some adventure paths become a lot more attractive. You could break Strange Machine for GC with impunity if you want to farm negative rep as well. If you’re positive, you’re probably going to drink for boosts.)

So to repeat, Untitled is basically trading 500 GC for a slight chance at more rep, and more boosts or GC… plus a bit more player EXP, 10 more career EXP, and 120% as many adventurer trophies (good if you’re affix farming or selling them off for pixels). That’s the entire tradeoff AFAICT.

Titled is worth it if and ONLY if you have a fair bit of one type of thing and need a fair bit of a different type of thing and don’t mind taking a hit on the transaction. It’s for traders, in other words. Arcade tokens for 100k medals; fertilizer types for rep/BC; GC<—>BC; pixels<—>crafting mats; keys<—>treasure boxes; and finally, GC for more GC if you’ve got hundreds in gem capacities on LolMarket (is that even possible?). Plus you’ll get slightly even more player EXP and slightly more trophies.

I transcribed Draconi’s guide to Wikia and put it in table form, in case anyone finds it helpful.
http://anti-idle-the-game.wikia.com/wiki/Awesome_Adventures

Flag Post

I did some math:
going in Town gives u 0.1324 energy per adventure and 1.76% chance of finding refill
Adventuring in Untitled Zone on the one hand cutting this numbers to 0.1052 energy and 1.35% chance, on the other hand it gives u + 0,0526 energy from SHROOMS -0,006575 energy from the machine and 1,841% chance to get 400% boosts. I’m not counting chasing thief it’s up to u losing money or energy.

Town vs Untitled zone
0,1324 en/adventure 0,151225
1,76% refill chance 1,35%
0% 400 temp boost chance 1,841%
TL;DR go untitled
PS God knows i tried

Flag Post

BuddyPharaoh and I seem to have come across a small typo in the pet food adventure script. The script says that X = (15000 – Reputation^0.5) * 10 + floor(PetFood / 100) * 7500, when it seems to be X = (1500 – Reputation^0.5) * 10 + floor(PetFood / 100) * 7500.

I didn’t look at the game code and just found the formula empirically, though, so I’m not 100% sure it’s right.

Flag Post

1500 works perfectly for the case I had, if I assume I had 200-299 pet food. (Dumb question: where do I find that number?) I had 1916 rep, and the merchant was charging me 29562.

Flag Post

There’s also the guy posing as tukkun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheHoma:

There’s also the guy posing as tukkun.

This guide was over 100 versions ago

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator