[Guide] Business page 2

93 posts

Flag Post

Either I am not understanding the formulas for racer business, or it’s not working properly.

I just checked progress in a second window, and I got 60,577 tokens, and nothing else. All my interpretations of the formulas say that my score was over 100k, which ought to mean I should get SOMETHING else, but nothing.

Am I not understanding something, or does it not work properly? I hope something is not functioning properly, because getting nothing but tokens for 2t YC, is kind of depressing.

Flag Post

You get simple race, item fight and deathmatch completion but those don’t show up in the rewards screen.

edit: that score should also get your highest pwnt score increased. Though if it was already higher than 750 (or lower than 250) it’ll do nothing.

Flag Post

Okay, I guess that explains it. Why not show it though? =O If you can get it to tell your score increase in Arcade, why would it not be able to tell you how many wins you get? =P

Flag Post

I’m confused with the formula for Idler Business. Am I supposed to only anti-idle once a day to activate career and get daily reward, or is it still best to be as active as possible ? (my career is already level 100)

Flag Post
Originally posted by KymilNimesin:

I’m confused with the formula for Idler Business. Am I supposed to only anti-idle once a day to activate career and get daily reward, or is it still best to be as active as possible ? (my career is already level 100)

If you’re aiming for the highest score possible, then yes, idle as much as possible. The formula calls for “Activity”, but in the case of Idler, it’s actually Inactivity you want. So long as you’re gaining career exp, you’re doing the right thing.

Flag Post

Just want to say thanks to Majildian and Rellian and anyone else who helped for researching/posting this, now I can (somewhat) competently make use of this feature…

Flag Post

My arcade progress actually went down over night. That sucks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rellian:
Originally posted by KymilNimesin:

If you’re aiming for the highest score possible, then yes, idle as much as possible. The formula calls for “Activity”, but in the case of Idler, it’s actually Inactivity you want. So long as you’re gaining career exp, you’re doing the right thing.

OK, thank you for clarifying it for me :)

Flag Post

Plus, blessed careers mean double career exp – i.e. double ‘activity’.

Flag Post

Just wanna add : “(*No offline progress in Speedrun mode.)”

Flag Post

What were the changes to the idler and gardener careers?

Flag Post

I’m just wondering, what if I play on the activated career and with business on for more than 7 days or so, what is the result (continually playing)? You can say I’m going crazy but just wondering.

Flag Post
Originally posted by serpeants:

I’m just wondering, what if I play on the activated career and with business on for more than 7 days or so, what is the result (continually playing)? You can say I’m going crazy but just wondering.

Just playing does not mean anything. What will happen is based on the activity you gained while running the career. If you want examples, look through biggest accomplishment thread, plenty of people posted screenshots there with results from businesses they had going for a long time.

Flag Post
Gardener Rewards

If score is 1k or higher, you gain GP and garden exp equal to amount, harvest count equal to floor(amount / 10). Amount is equal to floor(score / 10). If score is 10k or higher, the amount is multiplied by 1.3. If score is 100k or higher, it is then multiplied by 1.5. Amount has a maximum of 1 million. You also gain Coin Harvested equal to coin gained from the business.

If score is 10k or higher, you gain Randomfruit equal to score / 100 with a maximum of 10k and Fertilizer equal to floor(score / 10000) with a maximum of 50.

If score is 100k or higher, you gain Mega Fertilizer equal to floor(score / 100000) with a maximum of 50.

If score is 1 million or higher, you gain Autoharvest cards equal to floor(score / 1000000) with a maximum of 100.

Since the “change”, it seems there was quite a nerf. Below is roughly what it took to get a maxing out of Randomfruit prior:

Keep in mind that the exp in my first shot is likely due to being 9001, so that’s not some huge nerf. The annoying part is that the rewards apparently require roughly 5x the score that they used to. At least, in terms of Randomfruit and Mega Fertilizer. I don’t know if you have the updated formulas for Idler and Gardener, but if you do, it might be worth updating, since these businesses seem to have been nerfed into oblivion.

Flag Post

I propose the following changes to gardener’s formula based on Alman’s testimony. If anyone can prove these right or wrong, or offer any changes of their own, please do post here.

Anyway, Gardener:
Garden Points went from (score / 10) to (score / 25). The multiplier bonuses apply as they did before.
Mega Fertilizer seems to have gone from floor(score / 100,000) to ceil(score / 500,000). An odd change, but it fits the data nicely enough.
I would also assume that fertilizer suffered a similar change, but I can’t figure out exactly, since it is maxed in that picture.

Flag Post

Here’s what I’ve done since the last post, just to help with the theorizing of changes.

By the old formula, I should have roughly 35.5k GP [ (23672/10) x 1.5 = 35508 ]. If it’s divided by 25 instead I come up with less. Going backwards it’s looking more like 19 or 20 (I seem to get 19.23, but I wasn’t rounding anything).

For Randomfruit, by the old formula I should have 2367. It’s looking more like score/500 now.

For Fertilizer, by the old formula I should have 23. Now it’s looking like score/50000.

Mega Fertilizer I don’t get, because 500k makes sense from my other image, yet I have one in this new image with only 236k score. I haven’t refreshed since the last post I made either. I can try to keep taking little data shots as I work towards 10k Randomfruit again, unless someone who can look at the code feels like sharing.

Flag Post

If you do lots of shots, might want to link them instead of post the full picture. that’ll get crowded fast.

Also, you’re missing a step. When you reach the 1.5x multiplier, the 1.3x one still applies first. You get both. After factoring that in with the score/25, I got 18,464. Which is actually one off. weirdness.
Randomfruit is definitely /500. Fertilizer looks the same as mega, in that it rounds up now instead of down. Which would explain why you have one despite the score.
This new data really helps. Thanks :D
Edit: Updated the main guide to show sections that haven’t been fixed yet. I went ahead and said that gardener is fixed, though there may still be a detail or two that needs ironing out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rellian:

After factoring that in with the score/25, I got 18,464. Which is actually one off. weirdness.

Round down after every step.

Flag Post

Rellian – Thanks regarding the multipliers. I had just assumed the higher one kicked in at X score, not that they stacked. Here are a few more images to compare your current theories to:

http://i.imgur.com/k0sTQ.png – 961k score

http://i.imgur.com/zpOqG.png – 1.19 mil score

http://i.imgur.com/QQ6Sm.png – 1.49 mil score

That should probably be enough to get it as fine tuned as we realistically can with simple testing like this.

Flag Post

A question: if I ascend, do I lose the current business progress?

Reason for the question: I am really bad at the Stadium, and in particular, am very bad to win the death match. So, I am saving progress for the racer business, but it goes very very slowly. So, I expect earlier to be able to ascend than to get the necessary progress in the racer business to get a free win for the death match (for the achievement.)

By the way, the Business Reward Calc speadsheet is great.

Flag Post

An answer: No.

Flag Post

Thanks. I hope that Racing Business and Career are not so much nerfed (of which I didnt really see the necessity by the way, as I think that Gardener business is much more powerful when having a fully developed garden) to make my plan doable in a month or two…

Flag Post

Updated Business Reward Calc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmEMh61famEzdGlpaDIxUzFObVZBU3dCMUVsZEpqc2c#gid=0

Use “File → Make a copy…” or "File → Download as → " (xlsx or odt. I recommended odt version) to obtain editable copy.

Flag Post

is there ANY way to know your score when it is above 1M? (other then finishing such career?)
I know I could write down the career exp I had at the beginning, have the career always on, and calculate based on this, but thats both inaccurate and onerous…

Flag Post

You could always make that as a suggestion for Tukkun.
Tell him: could you add an extra progress bar for business, making it go from 1,000,001 to 100,000,000 or something?