What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
The following “nerfs” will be applied in the next version:
- Quest/Event Token cost of numerous Special Shop items will be increased.
- Unobtainium will have a base drop rate of 4% (0.2% x 20) from Epic monsters, and no longer drop in Dark Pyramid and Spooky Crypt.
- Accessory Unique Enhancers will be moved to the bottom of the list of Spooky Crypt prizes.
- Some monsters will give less Coins / Pixels.
- A few bonuses on equipment will be nerfed.
- Purple bonuses “Pixel / Loot” and “Material / Loot” will be removed. Most other purple bonuses will have a decreased effect.
- Unobtainium Enhancement will have a lower impact.
- Limitations will be applied to the “Secret Accountant” adventure for currency trading.
* * *
**[Update1]** The following nerfs will also be applied:
- The required score to obtain some Secret Dungeon items will increase.
- Chaos Armor: 2,500 → 2,800 (Dark Angel Armor is awarded for 2,100 ~ 2,799)
- +3 stat Unique Enhancer: 3,000 → 3,200 (+2 stat is awarded for 2,700 ~ 3,199)
- Some harder Random Quests will be added.
- Wait time for Adventure Energy will be raised from 3min 20sec to 4min.
- Dominator Gems obtained after the update will have a 7 day time limit (can be extended with Life Rocks).
- All elemental weapons (not Ultimate) obtained after the update will have ~~100~~ less Attack.
- Rank requirement of THE MEGABOSS’s Earrings will change from `90+round*2` to `100+round`, and awarded every 20 rounds instead of 10.
- Cost to plant certain trees will increase.
* * *
**[Update2]** It is quite unfortunate, but for the purpose of balancing, the following nerfs will also have to be applied:
- The drop rate of Rings will be one–thirded.
- Damage dealt in Tower of DOOOOOOM will be reduced by 25%.
- Melee bonus for Super Knockback will be reduced by 0.20x (making it 1.30x at max level instead of 1.50x).
- Damage dealt by Robacon / Robroccoli will be reduced.
- Activity gain rate for Business will be reduced by 50%.
All of these changes are to ensure that nothing is too overpowered before they are left untouched in the game code.
* * *
**[Update3]** The following nerfs will also be applied:
- All monsters in Defend Mission will self–destruct after 60 seconds for high damage. This effect can still be removed by the use of Dark Ruler.
- Drain will be disabled in Prehistoric Mission.
- Rare chance bonus from mastered IA bonus will be reduced to 5%.
- Epic chance bonus from mastered IA bonus will be reduced to 0.5%.
- Rage Depletion will be ~~doubled~~ increased by 100% in Worst Moon (upper limit will be 200%, or 2%/sec).
- Potion Efficiency bonus from Adrenaline skill and equipment will be halved. Base HP/MP gain from recovery from potions will be increased to 100,000.
* * *
**[Update4]** The following changes will also be applied:
- Damage Resist % bonus from Equipment Defense will be reduced to 1% per 100 Equip DEF (from 50). The Attack of some monsters will be reduced accordingly to make up for this change.
- Some of the Main Quests’ requirements will increase, particularly ones about Invisible Allies, and possibly a few others.
* * *
**[Update5]** The following changes will be applied:
- [Bacon Sword] will require Robacon/Robroccoli Rank 500 to craft, and will cost ~~50,000~~ 10,000 Bacon/Broccoli in addition to 20 billion Pixels.
- Bacon/Broccoli will be capped at 9,999,999 (x2).