Offtopic - Nostalgia

49 posts

Flag Post

I randomly was reminded of my offtopic-making back when I was new here, as I saw a quote from one of them in a conversation log, so I got nostalgic and went back to look at them. And I decided, it’s high time I re-make offtopic number 1, as the community has changed a lot and it would be fun to see how it’s changed.

For those of you that wasn’t around when I had my offtopic-era, number 1 was a short survey on age, nationality and gender.

1. How old are you?
A) 11-15
B) 16-20
C) 21-25
D) 26+
(If you are younger I guess you just got discriminated!)

2. What continent are you from?
A) North America
B) Central America
C) South America
D) Europe
E) Asia
F) Africa
G) Australia/New Zealand/Whatever the name of this part of the world is called

3. Gender!
A) Male
B) Female

Feel free to tell which country you are from if you want, perhaps you can find someone in your country close to you that you can talk to about the game =)

I will post a summarized result in the first post at some point in the future. And yes, I did copy that directly from the old thread. So, let’s get those statistics!

Any badgering of Tukkun about his nationality, or private life, could result in the locking of this thread, so please do not. Besides, it’s rude, so keep your curiosity to yourself.

Results!

35 replies, 4 of which were disqualified due to improper format, so final count 31.

1. Age
A) 11-15 – 8 people (25.8%)
B) 16-20 – 4 people (12.9%)
C) 21-25 – 11 people (35.5%)
D) 26+ – 8 people (25.8%)

Comparison to original thread: Largest age group has moved up one section, with C winning this time compared to B last time, with 33.3% vs 32.1% last time. D has gone up from 17.8% to 26.7%, which is somewhat surprising.

2. Continent
A) North America – 16 (51.6%)
B) Central America – 0
C) South America – 1 (3.2%)
D) Europe – 10 (32.3%)
E) Asia – 1 (3.2%)
F) Africa – 0
G) Oceania – 3 (9.7%)

Comparison to old thread: North America still wins, and this time with 51.6% compared to 35.7% last time. The South American crowd, and the Asian, has gone down, whereas Europe went up quite a bit.

3. Gender
A) Male – 29 (93.5%)
B) Female – 2 (6.5%)

Comparison to old thread: No surprise whatsoever that the main crowd is male, but a tad surprising that female is the same, when we actually have a larger female crowd.

Naturally these are all totally pointless since 31 people is virtually nothing and too little to give any real idea, but, I still find it interesting. I hope someone else does too =)

Flag Post

1. How old are you?
A) 11-15

2. What continent are you from?
A) North America (United States)

3. Gender!
A) Male

I got straight A’s. :3

Flag Post

1)C

2)A

3)A

Flag Post

I’ll make this even more fun. My picture is in the “post your picture” thread. Somebody do mine for me. First come first serve.

Flag Post

1) B
2) A
3) A

Flag Post

C; A; A.

Flag Post

CDA

Flag Post

16, Alberta Canada and I’m a dude

BAA

Flag Post

23, Alberta,Canada, Male

Flag Post

If you want your answers to be included in the sum-up later on, you must actually answer with the letters I set up. It’s fine if you want to add more info, but I’m not going to convert it to the right format for you.

Flag Post

1. c
2. a
3. a

Flag Post

1: B
2: G – New Zealand
3: Male

Flag Post

1. C - (22)
2. E - (Hong Kong)
3. A

For the part of the world where Australia and New Zealand are located, it is called Oceania.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hizack:

1. C - (22)
2. E - (Hong Kong)
3. A

Holy crap you live in the same city with me.

Flag Post

C
D – Sweden
A

Flag Post

Really? I had no idea you are Swedish Vaajper =)

@Down: I would say Oceania, yes, but hard to tell since it’s pretty much right in the middle of the two. It’s up to you if you want to go with A) or G).

Flag Post

1) D. Good god I feel old now. Curse you all!
2) Oceania. I think. Depends on what Hawaii counts as. I can’t really find a conclusive answer on that one; thanks for nothing, Wikipedia!
3) A

Flag Post

I remember finding this thread when I looked back at old threads.

1-A
2-D (Wales)
3-A

Flag Post

1: A
2: A
3: A

Hooray for being completely generic.

Flag Post

ADA

Flag Post

1) D