Aurian's suggestion for end game solution

71 posts

Flag Post

I’ve been meaning to write this for ages, but I’ve been feeling completely disconnected with the game and over all just lacking hope it’d actually get anywhere. I still don’t think it will, but I have a feeling I’d be mad at myself if I did nothing at all. So, forgive the lack of “ZOMGYAYSOAWESOME”.

My wish: An extensive skill-system that enhances features and allows players who enjoy a feature to get a little but not OP bonus. I want it to be impossible to farm, so that you don’t feel inclined to spend 24/7 playing AI, but still require activity.

I want a reason to keep playing.

Activity bar and activity points

The skills in this system will be bought with activity points. It somewhat resembles event tokens in the sense that you gain them by play time, but not quite.

Every minute of play, you gain a set amount of activity points. For the sake of explaining, we’ll say you gain 1 activity point. This is where the activity bar comes in. It fills up when you play the game, and the more you fill it, the higher multiplier you get for your activity point gain. But, this bar has a cap. For example, let’s say it caps out at 15. That would mean you get 15 activity points per minute, instead of 1. But once it’s filled up to max, you can’t improve gain any further, which means there will be a minimum time required to max all skills that you can’t farm your way out of.

Additionally, the activity bar will deplete over time, so you have to keep being active to have an increased gain. The idea behind this is to reward activity, but not make it exclusive to those who have time. It also opens doors to promoting other features, by making button/arcade/stadium fill up the bar faster than BA.

Another reason why I would like to see this happen, is because everyone will start at the same point. Nobody will have a head start because they happened to use something more than others, or because they farmed ascensions. Nobody will be half done before even intentionally working on it.

Unlocking

I’ve been debating how this system should be unlocked. I have three suggestions.

1. Make it available once you ascend once.

2. Make it a hidden bonus for buying the OCD-permanet perk

3. Make it a reward for completing your first speedrun.

I personally like option 3, as I feel speedrun lacks real rewards at the moment. I don’t particularily like 1, but I know some may find it elitist to require many ascensions. The reason I think it should take a little is because I think it may be a lot to take in for someone new along with everyone else. One ascension should give them a little time at least to get to know the rest, so I guess it would work, but I’d rather see 2 or 3.

Skills

I don’t have as many suggestions as I would like, because I’m feeling very uncreative and unmotivated (as mentioned), but I hope what I have will sound interesting to you guys. Some of them are not mine, and for credits sake I will point out which. For privacy, I’ll let them decide if they want to step out and say it was theirs. Exception to this are ideas by Tukkun in a previous thread, that will be listed as his since it’s public already.

Disclaimer: I’m only human, so there may be things others think are OP that I do not. I am also not a programmer, so there may be things that aren’t possible to implement.

The format is mainly intended to be 10-30 skills per level, but a few of them will be 1-time purchases and thus would cost a lot more.

General
Increase event token cap from daily event by 1 (cap 10)
Increase level cap of X career by 1 (cap 10) (one for each career)
Increase chance of items being available in special shop by 1% (cap 30)
Increase progress bar speed caps by 1 (cap 25) (Tukkun)

BA
Increase base spawn rate by 1 (cap 30)
Increase base drop rate by 1 (cap 30)
Increase base negate effect by 1 (cap 30)
Increase attack/defense/hp/mp cap by 10 (cap 100) (one for each stat)
Increase acc/eva cap by 2 (cap 100)
Increase autosteal level by 1 (cap 20)
Increase base Y element by 1 (cap 10) (one for each element)

Garden
Increase garden capacity by 1 (cap 10)
Increase another garden capacity by 1 (cap 10)
Increase fertilizer caps by 1 (max 30) (Tukkun)
Decrease fertilizer delay by 6 seconds (max 20) (Partially Tukkun)

Button
Increase button multiplier cap by 1 (max 30)
Increase base multiplier by 1 (cap 30) (Tukkun)
0.1% chance to get a perfect click regardless of where you click (cap 20) (Tukkun)

Printer
Increases charger speed of printer card by Y (one-time)
Increase money printer level cap by 1

Arcade
Decrease par score range by 1%

Stadium
Raise stat caps by 1 (cap 5) (one per stat) (Not my idea)
Decrease cost to upgrade stadium stats by 1 (Not my idea) (Intended for imp ascensions)
Increase stats of the racer you bet on by 0.05% (cap X) (Not my idea)

FCG
Increase starting HP by 1 (max 10)
Increase fcg exp gain by 1% (max 20) (not exp gain in fcg, actual fcg exp)
Increase starting generator amount by 1 (one for each opponent level, have to buy previous before buying next) (one-time)

Lolmarket
Increase gem cap by 1 (max 30)
Increase sell price % of buy price by 0.1% (cap 20) (Tukkun)

Adventures
Increase refill cap by 1 (max 30) (Tukkun)
1% chance of negating rep change in opposite direction of current rep (cap 30)

Fishing
Increase fishing skill cap by 1 (cap 10) (would need different currency to cap. Suggestively max YC + BC)

Business

Pet

Quests
Increase quest token reward by 1 (max 30)
Decrease forfeit/insta cost increase by Y (one-time)

Disclaimer: All caps are mere suggestions, and not necessarily how it would end up.

Balancing

I’ve intentionally left out costs of each skill, as I think it would be easiest to balance this in a backwards manner. I hope Tukkun would let me be a part of balancing, as it’s something I think he needs help with and it’s “my” idea, but this should be pretty fool-proof to balance.

Figure out a max cap for activity bar that and how much things should increase it, and make sure that feels natural. Then decide how long it should take to max all skills assuming a full activity bar at all times. Next decide how long it should take if one idles all the time. Set depletion to be the amount required to result in that difference.
Hint: It should take more than a year even with a full activity bar 24/7.

So, let me know what you think. Do feel free to suggest new skills that you would like to see, or if there are any you think are OP.

I know you dislike the FCG-ones Tukkun, but I happen to think they are great and you have yet to give me an argument I find logical, so I included them any way. You are welcome to yell at me if you feel like it.

Flag Post

Loving this idea, especially if you’re required to complete a speedrun to unlock. It would certainly give the people who aren’t completionists and just want loads of quests finished a reason to actually attempt a speedrun.
This would also give people something to look forward to after ascending multiple times, other than just repeating the same stuff ascension after ascension at the same rate.
Not sure how it’d suffice in Balancing though, if it would require you to do a speedrun before this unlocks, then you’d have done at least 1 ascension and already have unlocked/explored most, if not all, features and gained the benefit of how unbalanced they are.

If I may I’d like to suggest bonuses for Business and Pet, being 1.02x score gain in business (capped at 1.1x) and maybe extra exp from feeding (capped at 40%?).

Flag Post

This is a great suggestion. Adding this to the speedrun rewards would make it a truly endgame feature. And activity points wouldn’t be obtainable until you completed this entirely? This really a great idea. There are so many in ideas and I agree with about as many as I don’t care about.

The BA stat increases seem to insignificant to make a difference. I understand they can’t be OP, but I think 100 stat per level (1500 for hp, 1000 for mp) would be better numbers and fit the correct ratios.
ACC/EVA I would say go to 5 per level
Negate effect may want to cap at 20

Business I would suggest to decrease score needed to achieve a reward (ex. 1,000,000 score for x reward) by 1% per level, cap at 10 perhaps.

I like where this is going though.

Flag Post

Read.

My argument with FCG was that those upgrades remove the dificulty of the feature and for something that powerful it’s way too inaccessible. For example let’s think an upgrade that makes you start with 500 HP and 100 generators but only one person can afford it. That would be unfair for others and also get rid of the difficulty. Your upgrades are not quite as powerful and are a bit easier to unlock but the point still remains.

Since FCG is more like a strategy game and not your usual feature, it might be a bit too much to include such difficult to obtain upgrades that make the game easier and can’t be turned off.

If that’s not logical then I guess I’m out.

(Now that I read my post again, it barely seems logical. But now I have some variants of FCG upgrades planned)

Flag Post

Well, the starting HP thing would be nice, and wouldn’t be so OP as it seems.

Going off the suggested amount, fully upgraded, one would start out with 90 HP, what wouldn’t be such an incredibly amount. However, it /would/ make it slightly easier to get the streak-quest/achievements, would probably force a win where one would draw once in a while, and overall would just bump your usual “streak – before – I – die” up a notch (I would totally see it bumping my “average L6 streak” from 18x to 21x) .

There has yet to be a AI-deck made that focuses on pumping out just enough damage to get a quick kill that would make this powerful. But here’s a challenge to the community, make a deck that pumps out /exactly/ 80 HP damage, and this with a 100% success rate by turn 3.

The gain to TFCG exp one is incredibly UNDER-powered. As its /relatively/ easy to level up , and we have a cap that makes it completly usesless once you reach it (Level 50-cap – GAAAARG! )

The starting generator one is one that is so incredibly OP, I would be /extremly/ dissapointed if it ever makes it into the game.

As for other suggestion’s I’ve got plenty, but I’m going to wait until Tukkun decides whether or not he’ll implement any changes to TFCG any time soon, and see how well my suggestion would synchronize with said update.

Flag Post

I would say the #2 option. I mean like, that perk should do something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by calvindang:

I would say the #2 option. I mean like, that perk should do something.

Taking away all the “cachet” that last perk has, one that absolutely does nothing but give you bragging rights .

Personally, I’d gor for #1 , not because I like it, but because the others, imho, are “worse”.

I always like to think that when something comes out, there should be at least some thought put into “everyone starts at equal grounds” , this completly annihilates option #2 for obvious reasons.

Don’t like option #3 for more personal reasons, i /really/ don’t want to be forced to go trough my “first” play-trough again , even knowing how to “optimize” it now that I’ve some playtime under my belt, it would still take me a solid 25 days, with some serious anti-idling to get trough it again, and that’s a prospect I really don’t like .

Activity bar and acticity points : I like the concept, and especially the fact that it could “promote” underrated features, but I feel it’s vulnerable for some serious abusing. Also, something about being able to gain “activity points” while doing say, button, to then go and upgrade sya stadium, doesn’t sit well. I feel that each feature should be used to upgrade the feature itself, or at least have ties with the feature (think pet here) .
Unfortanatly, I’m unable to provide an alternative, safe for using all the current currencies we have as “unlocking” mechanics. A middleground might be to use both, the activity points suggested and the respective currencies to upgrade the respective features.

Unlcoking : see first paragraph

Skills :

General : How exactly would a career cap work regarding to max level – career bonuses ? Would I suddenly loose my lvl 100 bonus whilest going from 100 to 101 ?

BA : Honestly, the idea behind it is ok, but i feel it’s another step into making the BA overly complicated.

Garden : Whats garden capacity ? will we have Another Garden Version 2.0 ?

Button :
Increasing the multiplier cap seems weird, with 200 purples/% , Pet feeds, it takes a hell of a lot to cap it out as it is, and, honestly the time Vs reward of that 1% upgrade, is in my eyes, one of the worst AITG has.
The random perfect click seems awsome though

Printer : Yay for higher cap on printer, (2% coin→ XP FTW)
The increase in potency of the printer card just doesn’t fit well into this whole idea though, being the only one-time upgrade there is . Maybe a passive “print power” upgrade?

Arcade : Needs WAY more love than just a par-score decrease, not sure how though . Maybe an increase in unranked mode upgrades ? Or upgardes only buyable with this system ?

Stadium :

Stadium also needs more love ^^, so far the propesed stuff seems ok.

TFCG : see post above

Lolmarket : Gem cap up is OP. At a limit of 30, thats a 33% flat boost to GC-gain. No no !

AA :
The negating rep thing : Say I have +1000 rep, and the outcome i’ve chosen gives -5 rep. Would taht just turn into no rep change or +5 rep . The latter would just mess up with the “easiness” of AA, where one might want to choose the “non-disered” option, because it would on avergae (triggering of 3 times in 10) be the better choice.

Fishing :

Other suggestions → Upgrade “red-line-visibility-cap” , negate streak-break after not getting perfect catch , chance of better fish , chance of no fatigue, chance of more mastery, more chance for box/key , always start at set perfect – multiplier, chance to double score on catch, better idle ctach rate, …

Business : suggestion → unlock a score – meter ?

Pet : sugestion→ decrease effect costs permanetly , increase pet-level-cap , half – feed cost (<= dangerous for AA-food) , …

Quest : Decrease difficulty. (so instead of having 1,2,3,4,5,… Have 1,1,2,3,4,… for 1 upgarde, 1,1,2,2 for two upgardes , etc)

Big downside again, is taht you’re working with caps, making it so that eventually, you’ll unlock all of these upgrades aswell. insert sadface

Flag Post

Okay, now that I have the time to read it the second time, I’ll comment on a few parts.

3. Make it a reward for completing your first speedrun.

Might be some motivation to actually complete Speedrun. But since some people simply don’t want to, I guess I’ll just make the Speedrun Coins obtained from Speedrun a currency to upgrade some stuff in this extension.

Increase level cap of X career by 1 (cap 10) (one for each career)

That doesn’t sound like something that will work. How will Max Level Bonus work with this? And most people already have too much spare Career EXP. If we’re into this kind of stuff, might as well just increase the effect of Career bonuses.

Increase garden capacity by 1 (cap 10)
Increase another garden capacity by 1 (cap 10)

How exactly will this work? Will we suddenly have off–screen plots that you can plant in?

Decrease fertilizer delay by 6 seconds (max 20) (Partially Tukkun)

So at max level Fertilizer will have a cooldown of 118 minutes instead of 120. So overpowered.

Increase button multiplier cap by 1 (max 30)
Increase base multiplier by 1 (cap 30) (Tukkun)

These two are essentially the same – but one you have to buy, one you don’t have to. The choice is quite obvious.

Not a bad idea but too difficult to implement.

Overall, I kind of liked this idea. I probably will go with something other than “Activity bar”, but I’ll make sure that nobody will be done (or at least 50% done) with the system at the moment of release. I’ll release some official info of it later.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:

Overall, I kind of liked this idea. I probably will go with something other than “Activity bar”, but I’ll make sure that nobody will be done (or at least 50% done) with the system at the moment of release. I’ll release some official info of it later.

Please don’t. That’s the entire point. If you make it use speedcoins or some other feature it will be a repeat of everything we’ve already seen. Some people will farm the shit out of it, and the OCD will feel they have to play non stop all the time which does not work when we’re looking at things this massive.

What makes it good to me, is the fact that you can’t speed it up but you have to be active. I would like to see us learn from the past, for once.

As for rest of comments, I get that some may be hard to implement. I decided not to hold back and add anything I wanted to see, without thinking of “is this doable or not”. And Garden, I’m sure we could figure it out somehow.

@David: I don’t understand your comment about it being abusable. The entire point of it being a capped bar is that no matter what you do, you can’t get past it. Will some people bot to make that happen, sure.

Also, most people hate a lot of features, and probably won’t care to upgrade those skills if they have to use it to max it. I see what you are aiming for, but I think that would greatly take away from the spirit of AI. Even careers/pet can be maxed without touching the feature in question if you hate it enough to take the longer road.

Also, 50 is not the level cap in FCG. There are people a good bit above 50 by now.

Flag Post

Please don’t. That’s the entire point. If you make it use speedcoins or some other feature it will be a repeat of everything we’ve already seen. Some people will farm the shit out of it, and the OCD will feel they have to play non stop all the time which does not work when we’re looking at things this massive.

You don’t have to worry about it. I never said I would use speedcoins or some existing features, I only said that I wouldn’t add a huge activity bar to the screen to indicate how many “activity points” you will get (and not a small one either).

(Hint: Event Tokens in some events are awarded for farming, but you don’t have the feel that you have to farm for it. Why? Because there’s a limit to how many you get per day. Yeah, that’s correct.)

(It’s also rather surprising that you want active players to gain 15x more points than inactive ones. You used to say back then that the ratio should stay at around 2x maximum)

I would like to see us learn from the past, for once.

Elaborate?

Also, 50 is not the level cap in FCG. There are people a good bit above 50 by now.

50 is currently the point where reward stops increasing.

Flag Post

I do love all your ideas. But I did find some insanley op stuff.

The garden plots, its an 40% increase of the whole feature.
The +1 fcg generators. It will make the game so much easier. A good change (imo) would be getting +1 all-energy every 3(?)rd round.

I know this isnt the place for this, but I still want a pixeldrain (other than increasing ur atk (on weapons you dont use) and defence on armor (thats not needed)).

Flag Post
I only said that I wouldn’t add a huge activity bar to the screen to indicate how many “activity points” you will get (and not a small one either).

I wouldn’t want one added to the screen either. The interface is crammed enough as it is. Adding a section under quest-button would be a better solution, imo.

(It’s also rather surprising that you want active players to gain 15x more points than inactive ones. You used to say back then that the ratio should stay at around 2x maximum)

Like I said in the post, it was PURELY for explaining purposes. Also, what I posted here is far from everything I have in my head. I didn’t feel there was any point getting overly technical over ideas for the activity bar when I had no idea how it would be received or if you’d even like it.

In the scenario of it being implemented, I would like to see it be segmented and have each section decrease a different rate. Make the first section quick to fill, and somewhat slow to decrease, so that those who can check in a couple of times a day can increase their rate a little bit over completely idle. The other segments would require more to fill, and deplete faster.

But yes, I used to think there should be little difference. Given the fact that even idling you can ascend in 2 days on medium, I don’t think that’s necessary any more.

Elaborate?

Do I have to? Ascensions. Current perk pyramid. Raids. Everything that’s happened over the past months. Things are made much too easy, and abusable. No matter how hard you try to balance, someone will find a way to break it by their grind-tolerance and insane amount of free time. People that play this game are insane, me included. The only way you are going to get us under control, is by making it impossible to farm past the point you want us to be able to.

It won’t matter if you make it a brand new currency so that everyone is at equal grounds. If it’s possible to farm it, some will, and they will break it. I’m saying I’d like to see us break this cycle and be one step ahead for once.

50 is currently the point where reward stops increasing.

Honestly, I did not even know rewards increased with FCG level because that’s never been the point for me. That level, in my eyes, is just bragging rights, which means more FCG exp is the entire point. But, I guess that’s an excellent case of “perspective”. My suggestion is made from my perspective, which apparently differs from other FCG-nuts =)

All this said, I do feel you are listening to some extent, and more back to your old self. It’s nice to have you back.

Flag Post

It won’t matter if you make it a brand new currency so that everyone is at equal grounds. If it’s possible to farm it, some will, and they will break it. I’m saying I’d like to see us break this cycle and be one step ahead for once.

That’s why I’m implementing daily limits for the new currencies. Similar to Quest Event Tokens. So you can farm them, but only to a certain extent.

All this said, I do feel you are listening to some extent, and more back to your old self.

No. I’m not listening, I’m reading. And I’m not back to my old self because I don’t have one.

Also, I do understand that you have lost quite a lot of motivation to play this game, but making features based on your wish list is not on top of my priority list. I have more important things to do.

Though, whatever gets implemented, I hope I can get to doing it quickly since apparently I’m running out of HP and I have no HP Regen (real life doesn’t work the same as Anti–Idle). I still haven’t received some of the materials I asked for yet (don’t ask questions about this), so I might have to request public help soon.

Flag Post

No. I’m not listening, I’m reading. And I’m not back to my old self because I don’t have one.

M’kay. Terribly sorry for trying to be nice. Won’t happen again.

Flag Post

Anyone know why Tukkuns replies got deleted? Can only reload it from browsermemory :/

V: The keyword is why.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vaajper:

Anyone know why Tukkuns replies got deleted? Can only reload it from browsermemory :/

I’m going to guess because he deleted it.

Flag Post

Hmm, interesting concept. I’m nowhere near maxing everything out yet, but this looks useful, and yet another thing to play for after maxing most things out. First I’ll give general feedback, then suggestions.

As for unlocking this, while I’m not a fan of speedrun currently (Is there even anything exclusive to it, since last I remember speed coins did essentially nothing outside of speedruns?), I wouldn’t mind this unlocking from one— after release. That is, no one who completed one prior would have it unlocked. That is, if the point is to start everyone on equal footing. Typically, I’m more in the favor of retroactive qualifications if we’re basing something on a current feature. If the point is merely to make sure no one has a head start on “activity points”, then frankly I wouldn’t mind having it unlocked after the first ascension. Everyone would start on the same footing, but there wouldn’t be some insane unlock requirement either.

As for actual skills, I’m not sure I like unlocking more plots for Garden. Things are pretty nice and round as they are, and visibility is an issue as well. Same with Fishing Skill cap. The features are kind of built around the caps currently, Fishing in a notable way (increasing that by much would make it possible to never miss a catch idle). As such, I’d rather see other things modified. That said, here are my suggestions:

Garden
Increase chance to receive Randomfruit upon AG tree harvest

Arcade
Arcade Medals gained +1% (Cap 10 or 20)

For example, if you get a score that earns a 10 medal reward, you could earn 11 or 12. Even the upper cap only really benefits you at 5+ medals unless the system rounded up instead of down. So, not huge, but useful.

FCG
Decrease opponent’s reaction time by 1 second (one time)

Just put in there to counteract that moronic instant reaction the CPU has, for everything. No instant monster kills as you’re clicking perma monster all of .6 seconds after playing said monster, etc. I don’t think it’s card playing time in general should be affected if possible though, then it basically flips to us having the chance to do what it currently does.

Fishing
Increase base score multiplier
Increase fish “spawn” rate
Increase number of pet food, energy drink, or fish one can use or eat per day

Business
Activity gain +x%

With all the recent nerfs to business, and especially activity gain across the board, a re-evaluation of activity gain would be nice period. However, this could be a good alternative.

Pet
Pet energy/health decrease time +X seconds
Mana gained +1

That last one is kind of tricky. It would either have to be a one time thing, or have 5-10 “levels” to purchase before it kicked in at all. Not that pet mana is useful worth mentioning, but the idea seems to be here that the gains aren’t substantial versus the costs.

Some of these, or most, I didn’t add suggested amounts and caps to. This was on purpose, largely because I don’t know some of the base rates, and I don’t know what kind of gain Tukkun would be willing to allow in these areas past the current limits.

Flag Post

For the unlocks, #1 (ascension) is way too easy. #2 (OCD perk) is way too hard. #3 (speedrun) is way too annoying. I propose something between #1 and #2, like finishing two hard ascensions, or one impossible.

About skills, some comments and extra ideas:

General
Increasing level cap of careers: Max level bonus would now be more like “100th level bonus.” Of course, the extra levels come with increased exp requirements. Also, on buying this skill, all extra career exp should be lost, so be sure to trade it before.

BA
Increase cap on IA experience by 5000 (max 18 times, for a total max of 100000 xp). This extra xp doesn’t increase rare/epic rate, only exp, by 1% every 10kxp, up to a grand total of 30% at 100k. May include some extra rare/epic rate at max exp. I don’t think this would be too OP even for people that already has stockpiled lots of extra IA xp, since they tend to use useful IAs instead of the IAs of monsters they tend to kill.

Button
0.1% chance to get a perfect click regardless of where you click (cap 20): I suggest increasing the cap or chance and not make it a perfect click, but rather “the next level.” That is, you need an excellent to have a chance to get a perfect, for example.

Printer
An extra level of charge, beyond pink (cap 4, one for each bar). Color could be white, for example (or yellow, but with lightning?)

FCG
Increase starting generator amount by 1: instead of making this one-time, make it many, each level increasing the chance of this happening each given round. If this doesn’t make sense, forget it, I’m not much into FCG :P

Adventures
Increase max energy (cap 4) (still needs to buy it with (lots of) reputation)

Fishing
3% chance of improving Junk/Fish to the next level (cap 30) (maybe apply to boxes too, with less chance?)
2.5% chance of not losing perfect streak on a non-perfect catch (cap 20)

Pet
Reduce mana needed for skills by 1 (cap 10/15/20, on each skill)

Flag Post

Ok, I apologise in advance if this is insulting or incorrect or the like, but from what I can see,

Not a bad idea but too difficult to implement.

is sorta incorrect. After looking through the decompiled code, I’m quite sure that replacing the line that directly changes the saved reputation variable with a function like:
function advRepChange (repChange){
if(((repChange > 0 && _root.save.adventureReputation < 0) || (repChange < 0 && _root.save.adventureReputation > 0)) && Math.random()*100 < _root.save.activitySkillRepPrevention) repChange = 0;
_root.save.adventureReputation += repChange;
if(repChange > 0) repChange = “Reputation +” + repChange;
else if (repChange < 0) repChange = "Reputation " + repChange;
else repChange = " ";}

and replacing the last line of text of the message displayer with + repChange. I’m probably coming off as elitist here, but I seriously think that an idea like this is too good to throw away the neater sections of with with a completely unneccesary ’can’t do this’, unless of course adding 5 lines of code to the game creates a lot of lag at this point.

Flag Post

Nice…

Off-topic: Hi everyone! I was away these past few months mainly because my system kept deleting my AI savefile over and over again.
I lost interest in this game anyway. I’m now focusing on my studies. Well, I’m off. Thanks for making it interesting for me while I was here. Mabye I’ll come back soon. Mabye not.

Thanks a lot, everyone (esp. Aurian, Draconi, Advocatus, Tukkun, Shadyknight, Beeshrine and others too!) Cya!

Flag Post

@Dorako:

Thank you. Now that I look at the code, it’s actually not difficult, I can just change this:

if (_root.save.awesomeReputation != recentReputation) {
	_root.breakNews ("[Time]", "Adventure Reputation: " + _root.withComma (recentReputation) + " --> " + _root.withComma (_root.save.awesomeReputation), 0x00FFFF, 19);
	repChange = Math.abs (_root.save.awesomeReputation - recentReputation);
	if (repChange > 10) {
		repChange = 10;
	}
	_root.gainCareerEXP (10, 10 * repChange, true);
	recentReputation = _root.save.awesomeReputation;
}

to this:

if (_root.save.awesomeReputation != recentReputation) {
	negate = false;
	if (_root.save.awesomeReputation > 10 && _root.save.awesomeReputation < recentReputation || _root.save.awesomeReputation < -10 && _root.save.awesomeReputation > recentReputation) {
		if (Math.random() < 0.01) {
			negate = true;
		}
	}
	repChange = Math.abs (_root.save.awesomeReputation - recentReputation);
	if (repChange > 10) {
		repChange = 10;
	}
	_root.gainCareerEXP (10, 10 * repChange, true);
	if (negate == false) {
		_root.breakNews ("[Time]", "Adventure Reputation: " + _root.withComma (recentReputation) + " --> " + _root.withComma (_root.save.awesomeReputation), 0x00FFFF, 19);
		recentReputation = _root.save.awesomeReputation;
	}
	else {
		_root.save.awesomeReputation = recentReputation;
	}
}

This will also make sure you don’t lose out on Career EXP because of the upgrade.

I haven’t tried it yet, but seems like it’s possible… yeah. I forgot I had the recentReputation stored.

I’m not quite sure what the function you posted is supposed to do though.

Flag Post

I have an idea. If I hire someone to code my suggestion, would you put it in? ;)

I could always pull an Erin Brockovich.

Flag Post

Nah, I believe I can code it myself, I just lack the motivation to do so. Also, having someone else code it is not easy, they’ll have to modify the entire game file and it will interfere with the updates I make (and some changes might be reverted). The code cannot be placed in a separate file or a separate place.

Aside from the lack of money and lack of people who know how to code, I also don’t ask others to help me with the coding because it’s simply not possible.

Thank you anyway. As for “Erin Brockovich”, is that some kind of legendary being on Earth? I haven’t heard of him/her yet.

Flag Post

There’s a movie about her based on the real story. In short, she helped people who got sick due to a company using toxic stuff sue the crap out of the company and win, despite not being a lawyer. Her dressing was rather… liberal, so some people thought she used her “goods” to get the success, when in fact her real skill was being nice.

I used it as a joke, because I’ve seen a lot of people who think that’s how girls get anywhere on the Intarwebz, and I usually get around by being nice. You’re the annoying exception to this rule. I guess it’s cause you are martian. I haven’t got much practice with those.

Hint: I’m trying to be funny. I don’t think there’s any point in any other approach at this point. I doubt I can convince you of anything any more, for whatever reason, so I might as well get a laugh out of things.

Flag Post

Erin Brockovich is just one of the many personalities of the twisted evil queen Julia Roberts on Earth. Don’t let Aurian’s story fool you.