[Guide] Pets

50 posts

Flag Post

Updated for version 1575, March 20, 2013.

Table of Contents

General Information
Feeding
Fullness/Health/Mana
Mystery Effect
Career/Business

Flag Post

General Information

A Pet is a feature in Anti-Idle available once you reach level 900. The pet increases EXP gains for the features that you get it’s food in. It costs 250,000,000 YC to buy one, and it starts with 50 fullness, 50 health, and 0 Mana. You can name the pet, and it costs 2,000,000,000 YC to rename it. When it has 0 fullness, it’s health starts dropping. When it has 0 health, it dies, and it costs 500,000,000 + floor(x^1.5)*100,000 YC to revive it, where x is the times it has been fed while the food type was not maxed.

There are 3 Mad Skillz you can activate for bonuses:
• 10 minutes of Double Coins, which costs 70 Mana
• 10 minutes of Double EXP, which costs 120 Mana
• Mystery Effect (see below), which costs 170 Mana

Having an increased pet level helps with EXP and Coin gain from the progress bar.
EXP = floor(0.6 × a × b^0.65 × (1 + c + d/100) × e)
Coin = floor(0.6 × f × b^0.65 × (0.8 + g × 0.4) × (1 + c + d/100) × e)

a = EXP Boost
b = Current Anti-Idle level
c = Progress bar reward increase from achievements
d = Best pet level
e = Rewards to claim
f = Coin Boost
g = math.random(), a function which gives a number between 0 and 1

There are 4 achievements that go along with pet.
Pet Feeder – Have a best pet level of 25
Pet Trainer – Have a best pet level of 50
Pet Lover – Have a best pet level of 75
Pet Master – Have a best pet level of 100

There are 2 main quests that go along with pet.
Getting Pet Trainer career level up to 10, 30, 60, and 100 gives a C, B, A, and S rank, respectively.
Getting best pet level up to 10, 30, 60, and 100 gives a C, B, A, and S rank, respectively.

Flag Post

Feeding

You can feed your pet with Randomfruit, Bacon/Broccoli, Purple Buttons, Arcade 100k Medals, Stadium Tokens, FCG Cash, Level 10/Black LolMarket Gems, and Special Pet Food.

Your pet can reach up to level 100. When you feed your pet with a food that is not “maxed”, it gains 1 EXP. It takes 8 EXP to gain 1 level.

You can feed each type of food for full effect 100 times. Each time you feed it, it gains +0.3% EXP bonus, at a max of 30% and starting at 0.3%.

To find out the cost for a food type, where x is the number of times fed (where it gave EXP) + 1, use these formulas:
Randomfruit — ceil(x × 0.8)
Bacon/Broccoli — ceil(x × 0.8)
Purple Buttons — ceil(x × 3.2)
Arcade 100k Medals — ceil(x × 80)
Stadium Tokens — ceil(x × 80)
FCG Cash — ceil(x × 80)
Level 10/Black LolMarket Gems — ceil(x)
Special Pet Food — ceil(x)

If you have a certain permanent ascension perk, it takes the cost, y, and applies the formula ceil(y × 0.75)

When feeding, it will gain floor(5 + x/20) fullness, where x is the Pet level, and 2 Mana. There is a y% chance to gain 2 additional Mana, where y is the Pet Trainer career level. If it is not full, it will gain 1 Health. If it has been fed that type 100 times, it will gain 1 additional Mana. If fed with Level 10/Black LolMarket Gems, gain floor(z × 0.93) × w LolProfit, where z is the current gem buy price and w is the number of gems used.

Flag Post

Fullness/Health/Mana

Every 5 minutes…
Fullness is decreased by 1.
If you have been idling for less than 6 minutes, gain 1 Mana, and have a x% chance of gaining an additional 2, where x is your Pet Trainer career level.
If the new fullness is greater than 90, gain 1 Health.
If 0 fullness, lose 1 Health, unless your Pet Trainer career level is 100, which it has a 50% chance of decreasing.

When claiming your business reward, if your score is 10,000 or higher, you will gain 200 Fullness, Health, and Mana.

Once a day, you can buy a Fullness restore, for 2,000,000 GC. This restores 40 fullness, and is only available at 60 or lower fullness.
Once a day, you can buy a Health restore, for 4,000,000 GC. This restores 40 health, and is only available at 60 or lower health.

Flag Post

Mystery Effect

In the Mad Skillz section of the pet, there is a skill called “Mystery Effect”. It costs 170 Mana to use. When used, the game has an equal chance to pick a number, x, between 1 and 12. There are 3 tiers of rewards, y, for each number picked. The first tier gives the most, and has a 25% chance of being picked. If it fails, there is a 50% chance it will pick the second tier, which gives slightly less rewards. If that fails, it will give the third tier, which gives the least rewards.

If x is 1…
…and y is 1, gain 1,000 Temporary Max Boost
…and y is 2, gain 750 Temporary Max Boost
…and y is 3, gain 500 Temporary Max Boost

If x is 2…
…and y is 1, gain 450 Instant Progress
…and y is 2, gain 300 Instant Progress
…and y is 3, gain 150 Instant Progress

If x is 3…
…and y is 1, gain 60 minutes of 1.5x Coin
…and y is 2, gain 40 minutes of 1.5x Coin
…and y is 3, gain 20 minutes of 1.5x Coin

If x is 4…
…and y is 1, gain 60 minutes of 1.5x EXP
…and y is 2, gain 40 minutes of 1.5x EXP
…and y is 3, gain 20 minutes of 1.5x EXP

If x is 5…
…and y is 1, gain 120 Randomfruits
…and y is 2, gain 80 Randomfruits
…and y is 3, gain 40 Randomfruits

If x is 6…
…and y is 1, gain 120 Bacon/Broccoli
…and y is 2, gain 80 Bacon/Broccoli
…and y is 3, gain 40 Bacon/Broccoli

If x is 7…
…and y is 1, gain 120 Purple Buttons
…and y is 2, gain 80 Purple Buttons
…and y is 3, gain 40 Purple Buttons

If x is 8…
…and y is 1, gain 480 Arcade 100k Medals
…and y is 2, gain 320 Arcade 100k Medals
…and y is 3, gain 160 Arcade 100k Medals

If x is 9…
…and y is 1, gain 12,000 Stadium Tokens
…and y is 2, gain 8,000 Stadium Tokens
…and y is 3, gain 4,000 Stadium Tokens

If x is 10…
…and y is 1, gain 12,000 FCG Cash
…and y is 2, gain 8,000 FCG Cash
…and y is 3, gain 4,000 FCG Cash

If x is 11…
…and y is 1, gain 150 Level 10/Black LolMarket Gems
…and y is 2, gain 100 Level 10/Black LolMarket Gems
…and y is 3, gain 50 Level 10/Black LolMarket Gems

If x is 12…
…and y is 1, gain 150 Special Pet Food
…and y is 2, gain 100 Special Pet Food
…and y is 3, gain 50 Special Pet Food

Flag Post

Career/Business

Career:

To determine how much career EXP you will get when you feed your pet, use x, starting at 0.
1) If you feed your pet and it is not full, add 100 to x.
2) Add the number of times it was fed that type of food multiplied by 9 to x.
3) Gain x Pet Trainer EXP.

Every 5 minutes, when the fullness goes down by 1, you will gain x Pet Trainer EXP, where x is the fullness after decreasing.

Every level of Pet Trainer, x, gives:
x% chance of gaining 2 extra Pet Mana when feeding pet
x% chance of gaining 2 extra Pet Mana if you have been active in the past 6 minutes every 5 minutes
If x is 100 and the pet’s fullness is 0, 50% chance to lose no health every 5 minutes

Business rewards:

When claiming your reward, you will get a score x. Below, the amount of rewards to get is indicated with y.

If x is 1,000 or higher…
y = floor(x/250)
If y is 10,000 or higher, y = y × 1.3
If y is 100,000 or higher, y = y × 1.5 (Note: This stacks with the 10,000 boost)
If y is higher than 100,000, set y to 100,000
There is a 50% chance to gain y Randomfruits, otherwise gain y Bacon/Broccoli.

If x is 10,000 or higher…
y = ceil(x/10,000) × 20
If y is higher than 20,000, set y to 20,000
Gain y Special Pet Food, and refill (gain 200) Fullness, Health, and Mana.

If x is 100,000 or higher…
y = floor(x/100,000)
If x is 1,000,000 or higher, y = y × 1.5
If y is higher than 600, y = 600
If x is 1,000,000 or higher, or if not, have a 30% chance to, gain y Elite Pet Food. Else, gain y Regular Pet Food

Flag Post

Reserved

Flag Post

Suggestion: write the guide and then post it. Not the other way around.

PS if you end up in need of more posts than you reserved just say it and I’ll delete this post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

Suggestion: write the guide and then post it. Not the other way around.

PS if you end up in need of more posts than you reserved just say it and I’ll delete this post.

Okay, I’ll try to keep that in mind next time. Thank you.

Flag Post

You might want to add a section listing the various quests and achievements related to pets,

Flag Post
Originally posted by jxm1985:

You might want to add a section listing the various quests and achievements related to pets,

This is under General Info. I don’t see the need for a whole section just for 4 achievements and 2 quests when it is self-explanatory.

Flag Post

This is so confusing. Whats with these formulas

Flag Post

Well, if you read the posts, you’d understand what the formulas are for.

Flag Post

A few of us have confirmed that the pet revive price formula is slightly off; it’s now 500,000,000 + floor(x^1.5)*1,000,000 YC.

Thanks for the great guide!

Flag Post

Do you have any strategies? I bought a pet, fed it everything in the world I had and then realized maybe that wasnt so smart.

Now it takes a TON of each item type to get 1 feeding in and I figure my pet is gonna starve and die because every F-ing time I feed him it takes like twice the effort to get that much of the stuff to feed him with.

Wish I had read this guide before I started him.

Flag Post

Let your Pet die if you have to. Later on, the cost to revive him isn’t expensive to what you earn. In the past, I’ve heard Level 2000 is a good time to start with it. In the meantime, save up as much as you can in the feeding items. And don’t overfeed your pet unnecessarily.

Flag Post

In the Quest Special Shop I purchased some Elite Pet Food, but I don’t see where/how to feed that to my pet. There is no button for it on the Pet screen, or any other screen that I can find. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Flag Post

Elite Pet Food is a Fishing item.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joemama1512:

Do you have any strategies? I bought a pet, fed it everything in the world I had and then realized maybe that wasnt so smart.

Now it takes a TON of each item type to get 1 feeding in and I figure my pet is gonna starve and die because every F-ing time I feed him it takes like twice the effort to get that much of the stuff to feed him with.

Wish I had read this guide before I started him.

Hahaha, I did exactly the same thing. I decided to struggle through though, and spent a couple thousand event tokens on a full restore from the Quest Shop when he had 2 hp left (I think I was around L.1200 at that point). Turned out to be well worth it. It gave me just enough time to grind enough bacon and adventure pet-food to give myself some breathing room, and also to buy a few plots in Another Garden (which I didn’t have any of when I first got into trouble). Once you’ve got several plots there and some well-used short-duration seeds, the Randomfruits you get from the harvests are a huuuuuge help. The pet foods you get from fishing (or the Quest Shop) are great too, even if you stupidly have to go to the fishing bucket to use them.

Personally I find stadium-tokens and bacon the easiest things to grind for manually (lots of YC/GC/exp from grinding tokens too). I always buy 250 tokens and at least 7 special pet-food from those Adventures (they add up fast), and after a certain point (around L3000-4000), LOL-gems aren’t too hard to come by either.

This is an awesome guide, thanks for putting it together! Do you think you could add a section on the pet appearance? It took me awhile to figure out that different parts of him change color depending on how much you’ve fed him of different foods. By the time I noticed, I’d already fed him up well past the low percents in everything, but here’s the info I’ve collected so far.

Fruit = top-sprout
Gem = face
Special Food = neck/arms
Button = shield
Bacon = sword
Arcade = medallion
FCG = shirt/pants
Stadium = shoes

0% white, no sprout, no sword, no shield, no medallion
3% grey, one-leaf sprout, broken sword, shirt-button shield
6% light (Stadium) blue, full sprout, full sword, full shield
9% lime green
12% yellow
15% orange
18% pink
21% burgundy
24% navy blue
27% red
30% rainbow

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arvedui:

Thank you! I have the images saved, but they’re all in SWF form and I don’t know how to convert to gif. I don’t think it’s possible, but I’ll try to add a section for it. Thanks!

Flag Post

Regarding the fullness thing, it only goes down 1 pt per 5 minutes of non-idle time right? What is the rate for when you are idling? By what the guide says, the pet loses 12 fullness per hour. If that was true, then if you decide to sleep or go on a trip, pet dies. Is that really the case?

Flag Post

@Arvedui
It’s white at 0%, and grey at 3%. Blue at 6%… Yellow (gold?) at 12%, 27% seems to be red (because in Paint, the color had just red, no green or blue… 204 in red, 0 in green and blue)

This was checked on SSF, btw.

Flag Post

@Angried
Thanks! I’ve since confirmed the yellow at 12% and red at 27%. I can’t really re-check the first three levels without starting all over, but what you listed sounds right for those too. Could you be more specific about the blue at 6%? Is it closer to the Stadium-food blue or the FCG-food blue? The navy blue at 24% was quite different from both of those.

@cool
One other request for the Feeding section. Even though you included the formula, could you please add a quick-reference list of the starting and ending feeding-quantities for the different food-types? I think most of them start at 1 item and go to 100, though Stadium tokens started at… 80? and go to 8000. I forget what the FCG Cash started at. Also maybe worth mentioning, I think I heard the Lolmarket caps at 99, but you need 100 gems for the last feeding? Which means you can only get there with some luck from the Lolmarket-noob adventure.

Flag Post

From the formulas posted:
Randomfruit = min 1 / max 80
Bacon = 1 / 80
Button = 4 / 320
Arcade = 80 / 8000
Stadium = 80 / 8000
FCG = 80 / 8000
Lolmarket = 1 / 100
Pet Food = 1 / 100

But I’m pretty sure the Arcade one isn’t accurate anymore. I think its down to like 640 now for the max, but I can’t check offhand. And yes, the Lolmarket cap is 99 gems, so you do need AA/Mystery Effect/whatever else there might be to get that last gem.

Flag Post

I’m reading 160 top-end for the Arcade.