[Guide] Pets page 2

50 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arvedui:
Originally posted by joemama1512:

Do you have any strategies? I bought a pet, fed it everything in the world I had and then realized maybe that wasnt so smart.

Now it takes a TON of each item type to get 1 feeding in and I figure my pet is gonna starve and die because every F-ing time I feed him it takes like twice the effort to get that much of the stuff to feed him with.

Wish I had read this guide before I started him.

Hahaha, I did exactly the same thing. I decided to struggle through though, and spent a couple thousand event tokens on a full restore from the Quest Shop when he had 2 hp left (I think I was around L.1200 at that point). Turned out to be well worth it. It gave me just enough time to grind enough bacon and adventure pet-food to give myself some breathing room, and also to buy a few plots in Another Garden (which I didn’t have any of when I first got into trouble). Once you’ve got several plots there and some well-used short-duration seeds, the Randomfruits you get from the harvests are a huuuuuge help. The pet foods you get from fishing (or the Quest Shop) are great too, even if you stupidly have to go to the fishing bucket to use them.

Personally I find stadium-tokens and bacon the easiest things to grind for manually (lots of YC/GC/exp from grinding tokens too). I always buy 25 tokens and at least 7 special pet-food from those Adventures (they add up fast), and after a certain point (around L3000-4000), LOL-gems aren’t too hard to come by either.

This is an awesome guide, thanks for putting it together! Do you think you could add a section on the pet appearance? It took me awhile to figure out that different parts of him change color depending on how much you’ve fed him of different foods. By the time I noticed, I’d already fed him up well past the low percents in everything, but here’s the info I’ve collected so far.

Fruit = top-sprout
Gem = face
Special Food = neck/arms
Button = shield
Bacon = sword
Arcade = medallion
FCG = shirt/pants
Stadium = shoes

0% grey
3% ?
6% ?
9% lime green
12% yellow
15% orange
18% pink
21% burgundy
24% navy blue
27% red
30% rainbow

gosh thks man! i kind of regreted buying my pet so early but thinking of struggling through it, so your advice really helped!

Flag Post

Regarding the feeding…How can I feed him with randomfruit…How do I get the randomfruit in the Garden…It always says I have 0 randomfruits even when my trees are ready for harvesting.

Flag Post

Randomfruit aren’t the harvesting result, they’re from harvesting in Another Garden.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arvedui:

@Angried
Thanks! I’ve since confirmed the yellow at 12% and red at 27%. I can’t really re-check the first three levels without starting all over, but what you listed sounds right for those too. Could you be more specific about the blue at 6%? Is it closer to the Stadium-food blue or the FCG-food blue? The navy blue at 24% was quite different from both of those.

@cool
One other request for the Feeding section. Even though you included the formula, could you please add a quick-reference list of the starting and ending feeding-quantities for the different food-types? I think most of them start at 1 item and go to 100, though Stadium tokens started at… 80? and go to 8000. I forget what the FCG Cash started at. Also maybe worth mentioning, I think I heard the Lolmarket caps at 99, but you need 100 gems for the last feeding? Which means you can only get there with some luck from the Lolmarket-noob adventure.

Stadium-blue, as it’s light blue, whereas FCG cash is marked by dark blue.

Also, you might update the original. Yes, 0% is white. 3% is grey.

Flag Post

Now that I am a bit more experienced, Id like to make an observation or two:

1) Note that the main function of the pet does is give you Bonus Experience to various aspects. These can be really useful or total crap. I mean, bonus experience from button pushing seems rather awful. How much XP do you really get from button mashing? You might do a daily quest once in a while to to be a completionist get a career going.
But who mashes the button for hours at a time?? Hopefuly nobody.
Ditto with LOLMarket. I only use the market about 3 times per day cuz it takes a good deal of time for the prices to vary significantly enough to make a good deal. XP gain is pretty minimal.

On the other hand, 30% bonus XP to the Battle Area is really really great. Hence it would be a good idea when feeding to consider what you need the bonus XP in.

2) Feeding fish. It is an extremely good idea to get to level 10 fishing (which is EXPENSIVE!) before getting the pet. Keep a big pile of the level 7+ fish around. Make sure to feed the pet the FISH as much as you can every day once youve built up the pet so that its expensive to feed. Using the elite pet food is a good idea too. Don’t keep topping the pet’s fullness off when its not necessary. Let it drop so you can feed em fish.

3) Using mana. Dont forget to use its mana for the double coin/XP. Best way Ive found so far is to do several Dark Pyramid runs. You can squeeze in 3 of them which already gives a good deal of cash. Doubling it seems the best use of your 10 minutes.

4) AVOID LOLMARKET FEEDING! So when you goto LOLmarket and find a good deal on a gem and you buy… your Profit goes DOWN. This is because when you are invested in gems, you have Potential profit but your actual profit is negative. Normally you sell the gem at a profit and get all its initial cost back to your Profit Count, PLUS whatever you actually made in profit.
Guess what happens when you spend 10k+ on a rank 10 gem, then feed it to your pet? Yep, youve PERMANENTLY LOST that 10k worth of profit!
So you buy your pet 30 gems and you are now down 300,000 profit. Needless to say, you won’t be increasing your gem capacity for quite a while.
As mentioned before, its not like the XP bonus for lolmarket has any real significance.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure the game corrects for #4. I haven’t fed him gems since I maxed it, but when I did it, I’m pretty sure the profit went back up. I know I checked, and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have fed him any more gems if it impacted profit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shmanel:

I’m pretty sure the game corrects for #4. I haven’t fed him gems since I maxed it, but when I did it, I’m pretty sure the profit went back up. I know I checked, and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have fed him any more gems if it impacted profit.

As I understand it, when you feed your pet LOLMarket gems it adds to your profit the amount of their current sale value. So if you buy and immediately feed you will lose a little bit of profit, but only the amount you would lose for immediately reselling them instead, not the full purchase price.

Flag Post

So it mean its best to feed pet gem when its price is max?

Flag Post

I mean, instead of selling gems should alway feed pet instead?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AtsubiAriichan:

So it mean its best to feed pet gem when its price is max?

If you mean to keep those tiny bits of profit, then yes, I’d say so. I prefer waiting until they’re low and buying and then feeding to my pet a bunch of times in a row, but I don’t mind eating the tiny amount of profit loss. If that bothers you then yes, I’d say buy them cheap and then feed when they’re expensive. Just keep in mind that that means you’ll only be getting 1-2 feeds per market cycle.

Flag Post

Thats good to know. Guess I should have tested it better, but had noticed that my lolmarket profit rate fell off after I fed some gems. I bought them low, but then fed them low too. Should have broke even Id presume.

thanks for the correction, though I still think its not a very good way to feed the pet. 7 special pet food = 15k green, whereas its 15k green per 1 Rank10gem (average price only). Plus as I stated, XP boost for lolmarket isnt exactly awesome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joemama1512:

Thats good to know. Guess I should have tested it better, but had noticed that my lolmarket profit rate fell off after I fed some gems. I bought them low, but then fed them low too. Should have broke even Id presume.

thanks for the correction, though I still think its not a very good way to feed the pet. 7 special pet food = 15k green, whereas its 15k green per 1 Rank10gem (average price only). Plus as I stated, XP boost for lolmarket isnt exactly awesome.

Definitely, but if you want to level up your pet far enough you have to feed it everything eventually.

Flag Post

how much food does it need to get that food maxed for each kind of food … i want to know that not the cost

Flag Post

You need to feed pet 99 times each type of food

Flag Post

yes but how much amount of food does it need not the cost nor the times i need to feed him , i just want the amount of randomfruit for example , how much randomfruit does it need to get that food maxed…

Flag Post

sum x = n(n+1)/2 (basic math)
n = 99 → 99*100/2 = 99*50 = 4950

Randomfruit cost 0.8 round up, so it cost 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, etc, so every 5 feed it scales down by 1. 99-4 = 95 (discard first 4 numbers), 95/5 = 19.

sum x = 19(20)/2 = 19*10 = 190

190*5 = 950

Randomfruit total cost = 4950 – 950 = 4000.

Same for bacon and button.

100k medal cost 1.6 round up. That is 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, etc. Instead of increase by 1, it increase by 2, 1, 2, 1, 2. It’s possible to make 5 sequences with same frequency (2 → 10, 4 → 12, 5 → 13, 7 → 15, 8 → 16, they increase by 8 so all have frequency 8) and then sum everything.

sum (2 + 8x) = 2*20 + 8*19*20/2 = 40 + 80*19 = 1560
sum (4 + 8x) = 4*20 + 8*19*20/2 = 1600
sum (5 + 8x) = 5*20 + 8*19*20/2 = 1620
sum (7 + 8x) = 7*20 + 8*19*20/2 = 1660
sum (8 + 8x) = 8*19 + 8*18*19/2 = 1520

100k total cost: 1560 + 1600 + 1620 + 1660 + 1520 = 7960.

Rest is easy:

Stadium and FCG: = 4950 * 80 = 396000.

Lolmarket and special food = 4950

Flag Post

isn’t there a simpler way?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SantaClaus1515:

isn’t there a simpler way?

THERES GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!

Flag Post

Why does it need to be simpler? He told you the total cost of all of them.

Flag Post

i’m gonna say this 1 last time …. i want to know how much amount of each food does it need … NOT THE COST , NOT THE TIMES TO FEED .. the “amount” for example it need 6k bacon (its an example i’m not sure if it need 6k bacon in total to feed him to the max)

Flag Post
Originally posted by AtsubiAriichan:

Randomfruit total cost = 4950 – 950 = 4000.

Same for bacon and button.

100k total cost: 1560 + 1600 + 1620 + 1660 + 1520 = 7960.

Stadium and FCG: = 4950 * 80 = 396000.

Lolmarket and special food = 4950

Those are your totals from what I understand.

Flag Post

thx ;)

Flag Post

Once you max out all your feeding options and get a level 100 pet, wouldn’t it be very hard to sustain the pet’s fullness?

Flag Post
Originally posted by wowguyrox:

Once you max out all your feeding options and get a level 100 pet, wouldn’t it be very hard to sustain the pet’s fullness?

For a little while it will. However, later on, you’ll hit a point where you can get more bacon than you’ll ever need over the course of just a couple of days.

Also, if you do a bit of daily fishing, it’s pretty easy to maintain your pet.

Flag Post

actually, if you do manage to get it 100, which takes quite some time, you should be able to keep it alive till the end of days, just from bacon OR from the unwanted special pet food you keep on buying OR of the useless pet food in fishing… if you can’t keep him alive with all that there is always your catched fish…

and even if it would die… reviving is quite cheap, especially compared to the resources you need to get it 100