[Guide] Techncial Lights

86 posts

Flag Post

Guide to Technical Lights

General Information:

This feature can be bought for 75,000 blue coins, located at the very end of the Mystery Shop, about a screen to the right of the fishing rods.

The Lights consist of 4 seperate circles (red, green, blue and yellow), which blink when certain conditions are met. These conditions are set by YOU, the player, and can range from blinking every minute before the Corruption, to when your Garden Trees are about to decay, to when it is the exact best time to sell your lolmarket gems, to a bunch of other things. Each light can only use a certain ‘program’, however, the full list of programs and what they mean being below.

Each ‘program’ of the Technical Lights has its own unique tooltip when you hover over a setlight, giving more information about the monitored data. Most of these will show exactly what you’d expect – the lolmarket check, notably, will act as a minor lolmarket, telling you the exact buy prices of every gem, as well as their demand.

Technical Lights will spit out an error if any of the numberX fields are blank; normally this can be solved by putting a zero into any blank number field.

For the purposes of this guide, the word variable will normally just refer to a number the game stores in your computer’s memory, and read by the game, such as the amount of coins you own, but due to the comprehensive nature of Technical Lights it can also rarely mean a line of text that the computer also stores, such as your title. The phrases ‘stringX’, ‘numberX’ and ‘booleanX’ refer to the settings of the Technical Lights, stringX and numberX referring to the text field to the right of the name, and booleanX referring to the button next to it’s name, that you can switch on or off.

For Variable Check and Variable Recording, to make it work you will have to type in the variable that you want to monitor into stringA. A full list of both saved variables (_ root.save variables) and unsaved variables (_ root variables) can be found here (which you can thank Draconi for, not myself).

Variable Check:

Generally, Variable Check would be used to compare a variable, or piece of information (such as the amount of boost you have, or the amount of bacon/brocolli you have) in the game to a line of text, or whether it is between two numbers. Which one the game checks for depends on what the boolean3 switch is set to; if it is set to true, the game will compare your variable with your line of text (or compare the variable written into stringA’s text field to the text typed into stringB’s text field) and flash when they are the same. If boolean3 is switched to false, however, the light will flash when your chosen variable is between your two chosen numbers (or, when the variable written into stringA is above the number typed in the numberA field and below the number in the numberB field). Hovering over the light will give you the exact value of the variable written in stringA, and will read undefined if it does not exist. A full list of variables that can be entered into the stringA field can be found here (thanks to Draconi).

While leaving Variable Check at that works for most things, it can also check other kinds of data. If you want to use a variable that is NOT saved in your savefile, you would want to set the boolean1 switch to true. These variables are rare, however, so only turn boolean1 off if you know what you’re doing. Some variables, such as arena inventory, are instead saved as arrays – a group of numbers and values, rather than a single one. A FCG deck is a good example of this; the list of numbers seperated by commas is an array. If you want to monitor arrays like that instead, set boolean2 to true, and enter which part of the array you want to monitor with numberC (for example, if you wanted to monitor the third number in the list, you would enter 3 into the numberC field). Again, arrays are uncommon in Anti-Idle, so set boolean2 to false unless you know what you’re doing.

NOTE: Variable Check does not work in the Arcade or Tukkun FCG features when boolean1 is set to true!

Inventory Check:

Relatively simple, the light’ll flash when you have less empty inventory spaces in any section that you specify than the amount you put into numberA. For example, if all the booleans were true, and numberA = 5, the light’ll flash when you have 5 or less empty inventory spaces in any section.

Time Check:

Also kinda simple, the light’ll flash a certain number of minutes before either the Corruption (:15 and :45 every hour) or the MEGABOSS’s Revenge (:05, :20, :35 and :50 every hour) Battle Arena events, up to a maximum of 5 minutes beforehand. This number is the one that you put into the numberA text field.

Daily Check:

The light will flash when:

• Have an unfinished daily quest if the boolean1 switch is set to true,
  • When you have copies of an unactivated cardif the boolean2 switch is set to true,
  • When you haven’t collected the free bacon/broccoli from the Ye Olde Pub or the 2012 Ye Olde Pub areasif the boolean3 switch is set to true,
  • When you haven’t entered Secret Crypt today if the boolean4 switch is set to true,
  • When you haven’t entered Secret Dungeon today if the boolean5 switch is set to true,
  • When you haven’t claimed the Daily Arcade reward if the boolean6 switch is set to true,
  • When you have not pressed the Button Machine once today if the boolean7 switch is set to true,
  • When you have spare Death Match entries if the boolean8 switch is set to true,
  • When you haven’t won a match against a Legendary Monster in Tukkun FCG if the boolean9 switch is set to true,
  • Or haven’t caught anything in Fishing today if the boolean10 switch is set to true.

Set the boolean switches to off, however, if you don’t want the light to flash for the given event.

Limit Check:

As the name suggests, the light’ll flash when you reach a maximum in the specified resource, stated above between the program selection and the text fields. An undocumented feature, however, is if the boolean10 switch is set to true; it flashes when bacon/broccoli, Superior Crafting Materials, Unobtanium or Enhancer Fragments have reached a maximum.

LolMarket Check:

This can be set to check when manual demand is avaliable, if the boolean1 switch is set to true.

If the boolean2 switch is true, the light flashes when gem prices are below numberA*gemLevel, and demand is – numberC or higher for any given gem.

This is similar for if the boolean3 switch is true, but in reverse, checking when it’s time to sell.

As an indepth example, say I wanted to set the light to flash when the gems’ prices are below 1000*gem level and has a positive demand, or when the gems are above 2000*gem level and have a negative demand. For this, I would set numberA to 1000, numberB to 2000, numberC to 0, and boolean2 and boolean3 to true. When it flashes, you can even hover over the light so that it tells you which gem you should buy or sell, given your parameters.

Garden Check:

If the boolean1 switch is set to true, the light flashes when any tree will expire before its next harvest.
    If the boolean2 switch is set to true, the light will flash when you can use fertilizer on a garden.
    If the boolean3 switch is set to true, the light will flash when breeding in Another Garden has completed.

Variable Recording:

Variable Recording can currently be used for two things: tracking the rate of gain of any number variable in the game, such as EXP, arena kills or coins, as well as to be able to post the value of that number to Breaking News. Like Variable Check, the name of the variable you want to monitor is typed into the stringA field, and the boolean1 switch specifies whether it is in the savefile or not (false if it is in the savefile, true otherwise). The boolean2 switch and numberC field is also used to specify whether the variable is an array, as explained above in Variable Check. A full list of variables that can be entered into the stringA field can be found here (thanks to Draconi).

Now, the game will check this variable every few seconds, the exact number being the amount typed into the numberA field. If the change between the variable a few seconds ago and now is equal or higher than the number typed into the numberB field, the light will flash. You can also see the rate of change of the tracked variable by hovering over the light, which will display the before and after value in the tooltip. If you want to have the variable on Breaking News instead, the boolean3 switch must also be true, and the name of the variable, as well as it’s current amount, will be posted there every few seconds, like the actual comparison. Breaking News will also show the rate of change of the variable, at the end of the Breaking News line in brackets.

NOTE: Variable Recording does not work in the Arcade or Tukkun FCG features when boolean1 is true!

Flag Post

Example Reminders

Note that for the fields not listed here, change the number fields to 0, the boolean fields to false and leave the string fields empty, or these reminders will not work.

EXP Tracker

While this IS one of the main features advertised before the release of the Lights, it is currently impossible for the change in EXP to appear on Breaking News; if you want to see the change for every x seconds, you have to hover over the light with this programming to see it. This also does not work in the Arcade or TukkunFCG.
This example compares EXP rate every minute, so if you want longer periods of time be sure to make numberA larger. The light will only flash when the change in EXP is larger than the number you put in numberB or higher, if you wish to easily see if you’re meeting expected gains.
If you want to be able to see the gain/loss of EXP over the given time period on Breaking News, set boolean3 to true.
Special thanks to Draconi for pointing out the error that this wasn’t actually tracking actual EXP.
Program: Variable Recording
StringA: finalExp
NumberA: 60
NumberB: 0
NumberC: 0
Boolean1: true
Boolean2: false
Boolean3: false

Note that this can also be used for other resources: coin for Yellow Coins, greenCoin for Green Coins, arenaPixel for pixels, and so on. To track these boolean1 has to be false, however.

Invisible Ally EXP Reminder

This’ll make the light flash when the numberC’th monster in the bestiary has over 10k EXP. The number needed can be found in the far left column of the in-game Invisible Allies list.
Program: Variable Check
StringA: arenaAllyEXP
NumberA: 10000
NumberB: 999999
NumberC: number of ally needed
Boolean1: false
Boolean2: true

Pet Mana Reminder

In this case, the light will flash when your pet’s mana is over 170, to use the Mystery Effect. If you prefer to spam x2 coins or exp, be sure to change numberA to compensate.
StringA: petMana
NumberA: 170
NumberB: 200
NumberC: 0
Boolean2: false

Career Inactive Reminder

The light flashes when the career numberC spaces down has a minute or less time until it expires. The below example monitors the Fighter career, so be sure to edit numberC to something else if you want to monitor a different career. Unfortunately with the current light system you can only monitor one career per light, so if you plan to rely on this try to activate all your careers at the same time to make the light more accurate for the others.
StringA: careerActive
NumberA: 0
NumberB: 60
NumberC: 3

Career EXP Reminder

This light will flash when you have over 50k exp in the given career, so you can trade it in for prizes. Like the career reminder above, this can only monitor one career at a time, given by the amount in numberC, and this example also uses Fighter. To use other careers, the number in numberC should be changed; for Idler, the field would read 1, the field would be 2 for Gardener, and so on.
StringA: careerEXP
NumberA: 500000
NumberB: 9999999
NumberC: 3

Of course, if anyone else wants to see other reminders here, or know any useful settings yourselves, be sure to say something and I’ll add it here.

Flag Post

Removed because it was fixed.
Also because in a later post I posted a link to a less outdated list.

Flag Post

Unless Tukkun is wrong, the feature is set to be released at 7:00 AM PST, or 3:00 PM UTC.

Flag Post

Sooo… from what I’ve gathered by skimming through the first post; Technical Lights are basically the AI equivalent of Wiremod in Gmod.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cutie_cat:

The save variable list link is broken, here’s the link:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/60-anti-idle-the-game/topics/278193

Originally posted by crazye97:

Unless Tukkun is wrong, the feature is set to be released at 7:00 AM PST, or 3:00 PM UTC.

Yep, you’re both right, fixed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dorako:

Halfway. UTC, not UST.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dorako:

Halfway. UTC, not UST.

Gah, thank you, I have no idea how I managed to stuff that up twice.

EDIT: Feature was changed slightly, guide was updated to compensate _root variables being disabled

Flag Post

IMPORTANT NOTE for the LOLmarket tracker. It only tracks the BUY price, not the sell price. So if you want to sell at say 1750 x lvl, tell it you want to sell at 1945.

Flag Post

EDIT: To commemorate the ‘release’ of the feature in a few hours, added some useful examples for the Variable Check/Recording features.

Flag Post

A career reminder would be nice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheChaosNinja:

You’re quite right, added reminders for a career being active or having enough EXP to trade in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheChaosNinja:

Noted.
I’ll probably make some modifications to the Breaking News display too.

Flag Post

I appreciate the new feature. My 50 cents so far:

Garden reminder needs an option to tell me when I have empty plots. Though this information may already be available by reading the xx/yy label, a flashing light will transport this info much faster.

EDIT: Would it be possible to enter a certain section of the game by clicking the light and enter configuration by shift clicking? The dropdown is a slow thing :)

Flag Post

Not sure If I’m doing something wrong, but when I tried to put in “3” for number 3 when making the career reminder, I couldn’t type in a number (Copy and pasting works fine)

Flag Post

Were you possibly in Adventures at the time, so it was trying to do the adventure? I don’t have the Lights yet, so I’m not sure whether the overlay (if it is one) doesn’t stop the below feature from firing on keyboard touches.

Flag Post

I think you may be on to something. I had the same problem when I checked out lights on a test file, but did not have it now. Reading your post I went and checked, and if I’m in adventures, it was not registering 123, but 45 it did. I guess we’ll have to think about where we are when we set lights.

Flag Post

This was pretty useful for getting me started with the Lights. Thanks!

Flag Post

Yep. It was the adventures >.>

Fix this bug NAO! please.

Flag Post

The exp tracking code doesn’t exactly work. currentExp seems to only track your exp progress towards your next level (leading to some strange results if you level up right before the specified time has passed). mat1tc and I (mainly him) did some experimenting around, and figured out that totalExp won’t really work either (as that variable does the opposite: it calculates your overall exp not including how much your current level progress is, so at one point it said I had not gained any exp for 3 minutes (http://postimage.org/image/nytuzsadt/). I’m not sure what to suggest as a fix.

Edit: Thanks, Draconi.

Flag Post

_root.finalExp

Flag Post

EDIT: After looking at Toa’s and Draconi’s comments, I got around to actually looking at the source code, and corrected some errors and the like in the guide (mainly, _root variables DO work at this point in time).

Flag Post

No better way to track invisible ally exp? I know the currently equiped IA is in _root.save.arenaAlly but there’s no way really to punch that in :(

Flag Post

for green coins what parameter i need to use?

Flag Post

you need a reminder for something thats visible at all times…?