[Guide] Techncial Lights page 2

86 posts

Flag Post

How would I check if my score for the business that I run is at least 1000000? Is that possible?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vaajper:

you need a reminder for something thats visible at all times…?

yeah, to know, how much i gain a hour.

Flag Post
Originally posted by algguy1:

How would I check if my score for the business that I run is at least 1000000? Is that possible?

At least 1 million? If the bar is full, it’s a million.

Flag Post
Originally posted by crazye97:
Originally posted by algguy1:

At least 1 million? If the bar is full, it’s a million.

Look at the thread title again.

@algguy1: nope, total score is calculated only when you’re in the Business screen, so you can’t make a reminder for it.

Flag Post

I’m aware of the fact that this is the Technical Lights thread. However, all you have to do to see if you’re at least a million is look at the bar. No lights needed. Sorta like how IA EXP can be watched in the breaking news.

Flag Post

Really. I also happen to know that you can check when demand changes in the exact time it happens by leaving the game on lolmarket screen forever. No lights needed.

Flag Post

Next: “Technical Bars”. We have so many bars in this game: XP, Progress, Career, Achievement, Pet, etc., so let’s add more!

Flag Post

To crazye97: the reason for my question is that I want a quick check for my business without the need to go to the business screen. For the about the same reason, I use a check for the breeding in the garden.

To Draconi: thanks for tha answer

Next question: can I display or check some of the values that underly the score for the business in a light? If so, what variable names do these have?

Flag Post

Is there a way to check how many monsters I’ve killed in the current session?

Flag Post

I still do not understand how to use variable check. I just tried to make it track pet mana, and it tells me “An error occurred. Please make sure all of the fields are properly filled”, so clearly I am doing it wrong.

I would be most grateful if someone could explain this to me.

I’d also like to post a wish for a more detailed guide. I mean no offense to you Dorako, but your guide doesn’t help much if one does not get it to begin with. If one is to use it to it’s full potential, one needs to understand what each thing does and what it’s supposed to look like.

Flag Post

I had an issue like this. I fixed it by making sure ALL the number strings were filled, even number C has to have a number (put in 0)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aurian:

I still do not understand how to use variable check. I just tried to make it track pet mana, and it tells me “An error occurred. Please make sure all of the fields are properly filled”, so clearly I am doing it wrong.

I would be most grateful if someone could explain this to me.

I’d also like to post a wish for a more detailed guide. I mean no offense to you Dorako, but your guide doesn’t help much if one does not get it to begin with. If one is to use it to it’s full potential, one needs to understand what each thing does and what it’s supposed to look like.

Yeah, I forgot to add that the fields not listed have to be certain values, I added it to the guide.
Also I tried revamping the variable check/recording to sound less rambley, so please say something if it still doesn’t make sense because I can’t tell what’s confusing to people who need the guide.
EDIT: Updated guide since the Breaking News option was changed.

Flag Post

I’d like to use variable check to track amount of refills, but as usual, I can’t get it right. I thought I did, but it’s lighting up when I have only 7 and thought I had set it to track 40-50.

@Dorako: I will re-read and get back to you.

EDIT: I got half way through Variable check, which I think is about enough to say that no, it’s not more understandable. The problem is, you don’t explain what the different things are, and that means I can’t follow your explanation of uses. StringA and Bolean1 says nothing to me, aside from “We’re scary unfamiliar terms that means things you don’t know”. It’s sort of like showing equations to someone for the first time. It looks scary and even if it’s actually something you reasonably could solve, the unfamiliar format tells your brain it can’t do this.

This guide is great for people who GET it. But what I imagine a lot of people need is a “Technical Lights for Fracking Idiots” that explains EVERYTHING overly clearly, without assuming ANY knowledge of programming lingo or how programming works. I do actually do mild programming, and I’m confused. Imagine all the people who post things like “How do I add my file to an email”. They aren’t going to get this, because they are not at a sufficiently high level of computer-understanding. I’m not a sufficiently high level of computer-understanding.

Flag Post

Ok, I explained what a variable means, and that I’m only referring to the text fields and switches next to the names, not whatever the names are referring to, and updated the rest of the guide. I THINK that’s clearly explained now, although I’m at a complete loss as to what to change if it’s still not clear.

Flag Post

I will read through it again later. Anyone got any ideas on the refill tracking?

Flag Post

Is it possible for the technical lights to show an average improvement over a period of time instead of the latest improvement ?

As it stands now, when i track say EXP or Pixels over 30 seconds, this is what happens :

NOW :

1) Collected 200 pixels the first 30 seconds, the Technical lights will show “+200 in 30 sec”
2) Collected 400 pixels the second 30 sec, the Technical lights will show “+400 in 30 sec”

What i want :

1) Collected 200 pixels the first 30 seconds, the Technical lights will show “+200 in 30 sec”
2) Collected 400 pixels the second 30 sec, the Technical lights will show “+300 in 30 sec”

Also, with the garden-light, can you make it so it won’t blink when fertilizer cooldown is of if you don’t have a fertilizer available ?

Flag Post

I think you should post those in suggestions.

Flag Post

So you can’t do that as of now ? :( I thought i just didn’t do it correctly :(

Well, of to the suggestions it goes then

Flag Post

What you can do on first case is track a higher time period and do the averaging yourself (e.g. track 1 hour and divide by 120 to get average for 30 s).

Flag Post

Draconi made a variable list that’s recent and includes root variables.
www.kongregate.com/forums/60-anti-idle-the-game/topics/315493

Flag Post

Don’t know if Aurian is still looking for this, but here is a template for his request.
Lights up when you have 40-50 energy refills.
stringA = awesomeRefill
stringB =
numberA = 40
numberB = 50
numberC = 0
booleanA = false
booleanB = false
booleanC = false

Flag Post

I absolutely am looking for it. Thank you VERY much =) That is going to be crazy helpful.

Flag Post

Thanks for this Guide.

I’m trying to get a light to show me how much cm i get in lets say 5 minutes. I tried arenaCraft as StringA (looks like the right one), but it doesn’t seem to work. Any Idea’s?

Flag Post

“bankCoin”, “bankGreenCoin”, and “bankArenaPixel” do not work in variable recording. I followed precisely the format shown for “finalExp”.

Flag Post

You’re right, they’re just coin, greenCoin, ect now. Iunno if it was changed recently or that I just assumed the bank variables were the actual coin count, but it’s changed in the guide anyway.