[Guide] How to beat 10c CHAOS HCWM

228 posts

Flag Post

This guide is just that, a guide. I’m not claiming to be the best or know what’s best,
merely what works best for me through experimentation.
If you have recommendations from something that has worked better for you, feel free to say so.

Skills:

Super Knockback: 30/30
Mana Power: 1/1
Quick Attack Improve: 1/1
Super Knockback Improve:1/1

Strength Enhancement: 50/50
Dexterity Enhancement: 50/50
Artful Dodger: 50/50
Weapon Mastery: 15/50

MP Recovery: 30/30
MP Boost: 50/50

Combo Power: 30/30
Rage Power: 50/50
Rage Speed(Panic): 50/50

Poison Ability: 8/30
Blind Ability: 10/30
Weaken Ability: 10/30
Explosive Attacks: 50/50
Poison Power: 1/40
Blind Power: 40/40
Weaken Power: 40/40

Coup De Grace: 50/50
Weapon Boost: 23/40 (This is how much Speed is required for me to cap DH, if you have higher speed on your weapon these points could be better spent elsewhere)
Keen Eyes: 50/50
Double Hit: 30/30
Profanity: 1/1

Protection: 1/50
Buff Boost: 50/50
Crescendo: 50/50
Revive: 50/50
Revenge: 1/50
Absorb: 1/50

Master Hunter: 50/50
Legendary Weapon: 50/50
Adrenaline: 50/50

Invisible Ally: Invisible X
Ring: Evasion
Potion: Mastery

Robacon Weapon: Meteoric- Spawn/Dodge Chance/MaxMP
My Weapons(These weapons aren’t optimal you should try to get LV10 Mystery rocks from
Triangle Hideout and identify them and make your weapons from them):

FG Stats: Attack Speed:11, Critical Chance:48%(With so much accuracy this high of crit
is probably unnecessary), Accuracy:129%(should be 144%+), HP Regen:250%.

FG1 Bonuses(Spirit): Spawn, Evasion, Evasion
FG2 Bonuses: Weaken Effect, Attack Power

All Armor(Unob LV5): Full Armor Attack(Make a new set to exclude crit dmg% for WM)

Armor: Spawn, Attack%, Equipment Attack
Neon Skin: Spawn, Attack%, Accuracy

(Accessories should be enhanced to 1,800 Def from SC & Triangle Hideout this is a lot of work but it’s important)
Pendant: Spawn, Attack%, Attack Power
Medal: 4LC
Earrings: MBR of Power
Trinket: Gem of Eternal Rage

Strategy: Use manapower with SKB to clear the whole zone quickly.
Switch on your evasion pieces and your spirit FG when you get Chaos to a low HP, do it soon enough that you can fill your spirit.
When CHAOS appears unload using the “Chaos” Spirit ability to lower his accuracy & Attack.
After 5~ Chaos strikes you should be able to switch to your mana set and switch off your evasion pieces to your attack pieces(Skin/Pendant). Use Quick Attack to keep weaken/blind on CHAOS then switch to SKB for damage. Keep flipping between QA and SKB and you’ll wear down CHAOS in time.

I am currently using an old file of mine to find the optimal setup using Fiend Glaive/Chaos.
I hope this helps atleast in a broad sense of how you should plan to kill CHAOS. Best of luck and Happy Hunting!

(Using this strat here was my attempt using Fiend Glaive and Chaos Gear.)

Flag Post

Wow. Weapon doesn’t really excite me for the low rank, but the armor looks sweet. But what’s the other stuff in your inventory? So many things I haven’t seen before.

edit: Oh, Ultimate Armor. But I also don’t recognize the hat that looks like Chaos’s head (but doesn’t match my Chaos armor) or the purple/white skin in the bottom right. Also, can we get a screenshot of what the full armor set looks like?

Flag Post

Removed. I’m sorry.

Flag Post
Originally posted by missingno:

Also, can we get a screenshot of what the full armor set looks like?

Flag Post

Removed. No problem. :D

Flag Post

1. A lot of stuff related to WM was changed. I don’t expect something from several versions ago to still work, and don’t see why you would.
2. Removed.
3. I’m not trying to discredit you. I’d like to confirm what you’re saying. Since you’re not even trying to make yourself trustable here, I don’t see what’s the problem with asking if somebody else can do it.

Flag Post

1. I’m not aware of changes made to WM. I don’t read the code or talk to Tukkun much so I didn’t know that.(Aside from the vague update notes)
2. Removed.
3. How would I “make myself trustable”? I’m not a blatant douche-bag or troll so I don’t know why trust would be an issue. Lot of people in room#1 trust my advice so I don’t see why I should have to go to extra lengths to please you. I don’t have a problem with you asking if other people can do it, that’s the whole point of this forum post, to get people the basic guidelines for HCWM CHAOS. My problem was with your 1st paragraph where you just straight up basically said my strategy is bad because I have the ultimate set.

Clearly we got off on the wrong foot.

Hi, my name is Fina, Nice to meet you. Let’s work together for the community by developing our strategies together instead of just arguing with character attacks(Not sarcasm). ♥

Flag Post

Coup De Grace: 50/50 ???

If I am not mistaken this means always crit when the monster is under 50% health. You Have 20% crit damage. Is this really a wise choice??? Or Am I missing sth?

Flag Post

I may have just mega-derped. This is exactly why this thread exists! :D I’ll try without CDG and see if I do better. xD

Flag Post

Ok, yeah I just tried without CDG and it took me 2 1/2 minutes longer without it. So that means it’s “Always anti-crit” in WM. So it’s a super good skill. :P

Flag Post

I misunderstood it. Your build scaled to my stats would lower my max damage, which I thought was bad since I was struggling to damage CHAOS already. I didn’t see that you explored damage increase a lot better than I was. Sorry for the trouble >_>

Flag Post

I wonder when Tukkun will stop implementing obviously OP stuff, like an armor set with +275% damage.

Flag Post

OK, feedback time. I tested it and it doesn’t seem to work against 10c casual. The damage increase from skills is lower than I thought it would be. I used a Chaos/CN full attack (lv 11 and 10 respectively), FG (equivalent to 1200 attack weapon). Everything else the same as the guide says.

Flag Post

When I’m done farming, I’ll load up my old file and figure it out with my FG set. So I can get you some real #‘s.
My gut feeling would be change bonuses/skills to optimize for -DT/dodge chance. Timer doesn’t appear to effect unob rating so you could go for safety and run him down slowly. Are you timing out or getting KO’d?

Flag Post

What is this unob rating you speak of? I figure I’m not the only one that does not know.

Flag Post

This looks extremely OP… Maybe if this gear could only be used on WM/Apocalypse mode lol

Flag Post

The Aura has been recently nerfed.

Flag Post

“The Aura has been recently nerfed.” Deservedly so. The unenhanced weapon with the unenhanced set was doing more damage than the Ultimate set…Should at least have to enhance it 1st to be better lol.

@Aurian idk if you’re being sarcastic or not, so I’ll just respond as if you aren’t. Yes, Unobtanium level is based on difficulty (Casual/Hardcore) and # of chests opened during the run. HCWM 10c CHAOS drops Unobtanium Level 17 Items. Less chests, lower Unobtanium level. I believe 0c is Level2.

Also didn’t you say when FGM set came out that you didn’t want Tukkun to keep releasing sets that were only marginally better than stuff that was already out? This appears to be a difficult to obtain, strong armor set for end game players. Even though it will most likely outclass my Ultimate set I’m still excited to have stuff to work towards and enhance. Different play preferences I guess.

Flag Post

The only problem with this set is that you CHAOS deals a crap-ton on you, and you can’t possibly heal that fast. He killed me a few moments after I defeated Chaos. The DR on a non Ultimate Set is poor.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Finalitykon:

Ok, yeah I just tried without CDG and it took me 2 1/2 minutes longer without it. So that means it’s “Always anti-crit” in WM. So it’s a super good skill. :P

This means I do not understand the skill or the logic behing WM ;P

Can I get the set on WM 1c C?

Flag Post

No chance for the aura. WM adds a score of +700, so a large amount of chests are still needed.

But for the set, no-one knows if there is a requirement other than WM.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cubii:

This means I do not understand the skill or the logic behing WM ;P

Can I get the set on WM 1c C?

As I understood, you can get the set with 0 chest wm but for the weapon you need a 3.5k score.

Flag Post

Battle Arena
You can now obtain a special weapon, “CHAOS AURA”, by scoring at least 3,500 points in the Secret Dungeon.
You now have a chance to obtain a piece of CHAOS ARMOR when defeating CHAOS in Worst Moon mode.

Flag Post

You did not understand my question, but it’s cool, I figured it out on my own.

Flag Post
My gut feeling would be change bonuses/skills to optimize for -DT/dodge chance. Timer doesn’t appear to effect unob rating so you could go for safety and run him down slowly. Are you timing out or getting KO’d?

The problem is low damage output. I got CHAOS down to ~60% HP before he hits too hard. I thought it would do similarly to my build, which had 1.8x base damage but I didn’t focus on evasion so I couldn’t really use combo power. Though being hit often kept rage at 100% all the time, so I got way better damage than your build but it wasn’t enough to kill CHAOS before he got really strong.

At this point, I don’t see much hope in doing better from changing bonuses/skills. My goal is the weapon, and while I could use what I have currently to get decently strong CHAOS armor, I would need to make a strong weapon for it and I don’t know if it would be enough, either. I’m only 10 ascensions away from Ultimate Armor though, so I don’t think it’s smart to keep trying. I’ll revert my save file, I wasted some 20h, 70b pixels, 100b CM and a ME lv 9 Chaos attack set on all this, but since it didn’t work I might as well get my stuff back.